7.8

1. boolooloo
    Mar 16, 2009
    Between my 3 friends at school and me we have seen this 43 times. Brilliance from Adam Mckay.
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best comedies ever made! Will Ferrell at his very best! This is one of those movies I will never get tired of no matter how many times I watch it
  3. Oct 18, 2010
    Quotable and superb comedy. I'm not the biggest fan of Will Ferrel but this is one of the few movies where he pulls it out of the bag for me. 'Gonna find my baby,gonna hold her tight, gonna get some afternoon delight'.
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    This is a very funny movie, one of Will Ferrell's best. It also has tons of other hollywood funny men as either main characters or a hilarious cameo. There's really not much else to say, as you can see by the score it's a great comedy and one that I recommend.
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    For me, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is pretty much the funniest film of all time. It's an eternal classic that never gets old and has the type of quotes that stay with you for life and enter your daily vernacular. Get your friends round, watch this movie as a group... comedy heaven!
  6. Apr 28, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie from start to finish. I must have seen this film at least 10 times and never have I found it boring. This is largely because Anchorman contains some classic quotes and great performances, with a large number of enjoyable cameos. The film never degenerates into a period where the laughs dry up, unlike many other Will Ferrell movies, and is a masterpiece of comedy.
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    In Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpointIn Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpoint sense of comic timing to keep the laughs coming.

A must see for fans of films like Austin Powers and The Hangover.
  8. May 19, 2011
    Adam McKay. Need I say more? This movie is my favorite comedy of all time. I loved every moment of it. Is it inappropriate, and crude humor? YES. Is it one of the most quotable movies of all time? YES. This (imo) is Will Ferrell's best film. I still watch it religiously. Should you see this movie? YES. But I am not you.
  9. Jun 17, 2011
    A fantastic comedy film. It is incredibly funny, and well acted. The writing is brilliant, as is the premise. There are at least 7 moments for which I was laughing uncontrollably. It is easily the best collaboration between McKay and Ferrell, and a great movie all around.
  10. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Probably the funniest movie of the decade. Will Ferrell plays his funniest character to date. It just puts a stupid smile on your face. It has that unique quality of repeatably, where you can watch this over and over and not get sick of it.
  11. May 31, 2012
    Its much funnier than Talladega Nights and theres a better cast here. Will Ferrell has rarely been better and the story, while sloppy in its construction, is very memorable.
  12. Nov 30, 2011
    how the hell is this only a 7.1?! This was easily Will Ferells best movie and you people that comment with no sense of humor always screw it up! This movie was great btw. I say 10!
  13. Jun 5, 2012
    Such a great film. I had no idea that San Diego was discovered by Germans.....Will ferrel stars as a Anchorman for Channel 4 news, he has a happy life living with his dog Baxter. Until a new woman journalist comes in. This film was funny, smart and well though through. Steve carrel was especially good in this film.
  14. Dec 26, 2011
    Quite possibly the most quotable movie of all time. "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." You don't have a sense of humor if you don't laugh in this.
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    Officially cemented itself on my Favourite Comedies of All Time list. Ferrell is at his comedic best and the ensemble cast including a few uncredited cameos just bring it up even higher. Some lame jokes in one or two places that felt a little forced but ultimately, its a comedic excellence.
  16. Apr 2, 2012
    Anchorman is an extrememely funny film with great acting by everyone. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere. One of the best comedies in years.
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Anchorman is funny as hell, and it one of the more memorable straight up comedies. With great one liners and an actual story that isn't repulsive or ridiculously cliché it is hard not to enjoy.
  18. Mar 31, 2012
    Will Farrell is always funny. In this he is hilarious. It is pretty inappropriate. Irections and much more. If you like dogs you will see one fall of a bridge.
  19. Dec 27, 2013
    A movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like asA movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like as much still stuck in my mind, but luckily there were more good ones than bad that made this film well worth watching from start to finish. Expand
  20. JanetK
    Aug 14, 2005
    This movie should be a cult classic like Rocky Horror! We should be going to see it at midnight showings for 20+years. Shout it from a mountain top!
  21. Matt
    Jul 10, 2004
    I laughed almost continuously throughout this movie, and was still laughing afterwards. A few dull moments and unfunny jokes, but the hits, imo, heavily outweighed the misses. If you keep in mind the sheer idiocy of the thing, I think you'll have an ok time . . .
  22. JohnnyT.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Farrell's embrace of the absurd non-sequitor is at it's best here. I was in tears at least twice. This will go down as a classic of its genre.
  23. DannyM.
    Jul 8, 2004
    Will Ferrell has done it again and is great in this movie. His bizarre over the edge comedy that we all know and love is in every turn of this movie. Steven Carell and David Koechner are awsome as well.
  24. BurtonM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Another comedy masterpiece from will farrel. Hilarious. Especially if you are old enough to remember the 70's.
  25. LAha
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Will Farrell is absolutely amazing in a role that he was born to play!
  26. TeddyG
    Jan 6, 2005
    Underrated Ferrel vehicle significantly funnier than "Elf" or "Dodgeball," I think it has a few moments better than "Old School," despite its occasional descent into not-funny stupid. (i.e. the fight scene)
  27. MarcusM
    Feb 7, 2005
    A halarious movie packed with witty lines and cool characters. The cameos are great too! Hands down, Will Farrell is one of the funniest men alive.
  28. Jake
    Aug 4, 2005
    If you hate this show because it's dumb, pull your head out. News Flash, it's supposed to be. It's not supposed to be a damn artsie film. It made me laugh more than any movie in a long time, so it deserves a 10!
  29. FrankO.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Very funny movie but what should you expect with Will Ferrell in it; plotline and characters got a little old after awhile..interesting concept and a retro look at television news.
  30. FrancoH.
    Aug 2, 2006
    It's Anchorman! It's on Bravo's top 100 funniest movies of all-time! So that must mean something.
  31. AlansitoP.
    Jul 11, 2004
    It was a very entertaining and funny movie. kids will love it!!
  32. PatrickM.
    Jul 10, 2004
    At its best, this film is one of the funniest movies in a long time. The guys from the Daily Show are great. Don't even need to mention Ferrell, who is almost funny standing in one place doing nothing. Unfortunately, at it's worst, it's not very awe-inspiring, especially the ending which seemed like a huge force. And please tell me why Chris Parnell has work. He has to be At its best, this film is one of the funniest movies in a long time. The guys from the Daily Show are great. Don't even need to mention Ferrell, who is almost funny standing in one place doing nothing. Unfortunately, at it's worst, it's not very awe-inspiring, especially the ending which seemed like a huge force. And please tell me why Chris Parnell has work. He has to be the worst SNL guy. He's so unfunny and lame. Don't get me wrong, though. It's very funny from beginning to before end. KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS. Expand
  33. BrianK.
    Jul 12, 2004
    This movie is easily one of the funniest movies i've seen EVER!!! Will Ferrell is the funniest i've ever seen him!!
  34. BenZ.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Best comedy of the year, no question. While alot of the jokes are of the "so stupid its funny" calibur, there is alot of genuinly funny material here as well. This film was almost non-stop with its humor which was a wise choice.
  35. LebnY.
    Jul 31, 2004
    This movie had funny moments, but it lacked humor in some parts. Will Ferrell is funny, but he could have been hilarious.
  36. Willferrellover
    Aug 6, 2004
    AMAZING. The jokes were hilarious i think this movie was as good as pokemon heroes!
  37. CalamariJ.
    Jan 7, 2005
    A really funny movie with many cool cameos. Christina Applegate is spot on with her acting. Ferell and her have a great chemistry which makes this movie so damn funny.
  38. TylerN.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Suprisingly funny. Anchorman may have some slow and unnecessary sequences but other than that it is pretty much Will Farrell material. Not only is it funny, but it also one of the few movies I enjoy seeing more than once.
  39. BrianO.
    Apr 12, 2005
    The first time I watched Anchorman I would have given it a 6. But the more you talk about it and watch it with your friends, the funnier it becomes! Its definately a quotable movie. If you didnt like it at first, I suggest watching it with a group of friends because.."Sixty percent of the time, it works EVERY time"
  40. Mr.B
    Jul 9, 2005
    As far as comedy goes, this is pretty funny. Not the best, but worth adding to you dvd collection. If you put too much thought into it, its not going to be a perfect movie, but who really cares, it succeeds in entertaining and making you laugh. Anyone who gives this a 1 should get a life and lighten up!
  41. JohnR.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Will Ferrell is hilarious once again. The man is good. I mean really good. The movie is filled with so many great quotes that no one can help but use in their everyday life. Two thumbs way up for this masterpiece.
  42. RobP.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If i could have given this movie a 11 then i would have in the blink of an eye! First saw the movie over a year ago and me and my mates still laugh and make quotes from it today. Pure genius!
  43. MikeH.
    Jul 10, 2006
    I thought Anchorman was great, and the movie is incessantly replayable. Typical comedy cliches are turned inside out and made original and the casting is inspired. There seem to be a fair few negative reviews, I guess the irony of the entire film was lost on some. To each to his own i suppose.
  44. JoshuaS.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the movie. Joy and adventure drips from every scene, every cast member right down to the "Smells like a turd wrapped in burt hair." person. Expand
  45. TinaS.
    Aug 4, 2006
    hilarious...absolutley hystarical.
  46. TyJ.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Funniest movie of recent times, and, upon further reflection, we can see a glimmer of what the 70's were like, gender equality struggles, and I think we can all see a bit of ourselves in the sweet, although conceited, Ron Burgundy as played by Will Ferrell.
  47. aimee
    Jan 22, 2008
    This film is hilarious, will farrel is one funny man, I could watch this film over and over and it would never get old. Two phumbs up.
  48. MattF
    Dec 29, 2004
    My rating for this movie is very simple. If you like Will Ferrel, you will love this movie. If you don't, then I would avoid it.
  49. CameronS.
    Jul 10, 2004
    HILARIOUS MOVIE! Great acting by all the cast, Very stupid but hilarious movie.
  50. Robert
    Jul 11, 2004
    I was laughing so hard I cried through much of this movie. I agree that there are a few less funny scenes, that this movie certainly isn't for those looking to see something serious, and that some scenes were a bit over the top (battle of the new teams?) The vast majority of the movie was hilarious, however, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who doesn't dislike I was laughing so hard I cried through much of this movie. I agree that there are a few less funny scenes, that this movie certainly isn't for those looking to see something serious, and that some scenes were a bit over the top (battle of the new teams?) The vast majority of the movie was hilarious, however, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who doesn't dislike slapstick too much. Expand
  51. PaulA.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Since I have two advanced degrees I think I am qualified to make the following assessment: people who took the time to criticize this movie for being dumb are highly insecure, dumb, or both. Though not exactly brimming with Oscar Wilde repartee, Will Ferrell does have this habit of skewering the braggadocious-- something that our self-centered culture could use in regular doses. And if Since I have two advanced degrees I think I am qualified to make the following assessment: people who took the time to criticize this movie for being dumb are highly insecure, dumb, or both. Though not exactly brimming with Oscar Wilde repartee, Will Ferrell does have this habit of skewering the braggadocious-- something that our self-centered culture could use in regular doses. And if that's not redeeming value enough for you, you undoubtedly didn't stick around after the credits for the sing-along which explicitly spells out all the life lessons the principal characters learned. I hear all the comedies have them these days. Expand
  52. S.Smyles
    Jul 12, 2004
    If you can laugh at Saturday Night Live than you will like this movie. It is just plain dumb laughter. I have always enjoyed Will Ferrell so I enjoyed this flick. The second best thing about this movie is the cameo's that pop up in it. Which is is really cool if you weren't told before hand who they are. Lastly, the entire theater was laughing so it seems that stupid humor is If you can laugh at Saturday Night Live than you will like this movie. It is just plain dumb laughter. I have always enjoyed Will Ferrell so I enjoyed this flick. The second best thing about this movie is the cameo's that pop up in it. Which is is really cool if you weren't told before hand who they are. Lastly, the entire theater was laughing so it seems that stupid humor is what people need right now. So, if you need a break from reality then by all means hand over the $$, and you will come out of the theater with a smile on your face. Expand
  53. RobG.
    Jul 14, 2004
    A comedy that doesn't forget it's a comedy. Too many SNL alums make movies that 'go Sandler' as my friends and I say; that is, they go soft and sentimental and there's no jokes in the last half hour. This one doesn't let off for a second.
  54. KatieP.
    Jul 14, 2004
    The first 10 minutes suck. But after that, the movie gets great. Don't see this film if you expect anything more than a poor plot and mediocre acting. It's meant to be a comedy like an SNL skit, and that's exactly what it is. Hilarious.
  55. MikeC.
    Jul 15, 2004
    I've never been a fan of any movie that Will Ferrel was the main character in. Oddly enough though I loved Ferrel, just the chemistry wasnt right between his character and the storyline. The first time I loved a movie with him being the star was Elf. I was so happy a character just fit him so perfectly. It happened again in this movie. When I looked at Ron Burgundy I didnt see Will I've never been a fan of any movie that Will Ferrel was the main character in. Oddly enough though I loved Ferrel, just the chemistry wasnt right between his character and the storyline. The first time I loved a movie with him being the star was Elf. I was so happy a character just fit him so perfectly. It happened again in this movie. When I looked at Ron Burgundy I didnt see Will Ferrel. I saw Ron Burgundy. I went into this movie with expecations that I would laugh every couple minutes. But for the full 90 I was in tears. Great movie. Collapse
  56. BradA
    Jul 17, 2004
    The best comedy I have seen since Dumb and Dumber! Much better than Dodgeball, and by far the best Will Farrell movie ever!
  57. BR
    Jul 18, 2004
    Intentionally cheesy & funny as hell. Ferrell had me in tears. The cameos were a nice touch too. Stay for the out-takes as well!
  58. Brian
    Jul 27, 2004
    I found it hilarious. Of course, I am 26 years old and the target demographic for this type of comedy, so take that into consideration. It really has no plot and probably no socially redeeming qualities. So? I laughed so hard I cried a couple times. It is so absurd you have to laugh, and if you don't, well I actually feel sorry for you, because there is nothing serious in this movie. I found it hilarious. Of course, I am 26 years old and the target demographic for this type of comedy, so take that into consideration. It really has no plot and probably no socially redeeming qualities. So? I laughed so hard I cried a couple times. It is so absurd you have to laugh, and if you don't, well I actually feel sorry for you, because there is nothing serious in this movie. I would say the jokes themselves could stand alone without the paper thin story and the whole experience would not have suffered. And it was a very entertaining experience. Go Will Ferrell!! Keep making stupid comedies that people think they are too good for!! I love em! Expand
  59. NickR.
    Aug 19, 2004
    Even though this movie had a horrible plot, it was hilarious. It started off slow, but then sped up a lot.
  60. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    I thought Anchorman was going to be real funny. It was. Yet, there were a few stupid parts in it. Will Ferrel was very good, and I thought Steven Carell was the most hilarious. Okay, but it needs less crude humor.
  61. PeterJ.
    Jan 21, 2005
    A good solid comedy. Not Will Ferrell at his best, but a very good performance nonetheless.
  62. BorisG.
    Jan 21, 2005
    Pure genius!! Anchorman incorporates a diverse range of comedic techniques which provides the audience with constant laughter and entertainment. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere.
  63. Matt
    Jan 25, 2005
    How can you not love this movie?! Hysterically funny, GREAT quotes! The next Zoolander.
  64. bm
    Jan 26, 2005
    Delightful!
  65. DaveM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    This film was not as funny as I had hoped it would be but was still worth seeing. The scene in the jazz club was priceless!
  66. ArthurO.
    Feb 23, 2005
    Saw this a long time ago, but I need to say something. This movie is awesome, its too bad that people like ashish and most critics cannot laugh at these great, stupid comedies. That's why brain-dead movies like Million Dollar Baby are up for an Oscar. For those of you who like to actually laugh while watching a movie, pick this up if you haven't already.
  67. JoelA.
    Jul 18, 2005
    The best movie... How can you not love it?!
  68. RodDog
    Aug 29, 2005
    The entire cast is hillarious is this fun filled 70's theme movie.
  69. DaveF
    Aug 9, 2005
    Hilarious movie. This is SNL skit-cinema at its (almost) best, with far more laughs than groans. The surprise a capella "Afternoon Delight" was surprisingly well-done, too. It works because it's inversely ironic--a piece of real class set against a ridiculously silly and crude movie.
  70. CharlieD.
    Oct 3, 2006
    One of the best films ever, this truly is Will Farrell at his best....
  71. WillieG.
    May 23, 2006
    this film had plenty of laughs - ferrell, vaughn, carell...they're all a trip - I usually don't like films that are THIS stupid, but they hit the sweet spot with the ridiculous skits (like the news team brawl) - applegate was the only miscast and totally non-funny member of the cast, they should have gotten the brunette from scary movie - if you can't find several things to this film had plenty of laughs - ferrell, vaughn, carell...they're all a trip - I usually don't like films that are THIS stupid, but they hit the sweet spot with the ridiculous skits (like the news team brawl) - applegate was the only miscast and totally non-funny member of the cast, they should have gotten the brunette from scary movie - if you can't find several things to crack a smile or laugh at in this film, you just might be a 'smelly pirate hooker'. Expand
  72. JustinP.
    Dec 5, 2007
    One of my all time favourite comedies.
  73. Sophie
    Jul 31, 2007
    Fantastic comedy.. just turn your brain off and enjoy the ride. Some of the lines are priceless and instant classics. I can watch this movie again and again and not get bored.
  74. DavidC.
    Jul 11, 2004
    Very silly and stupid. But I laughed a lot.
  75. K.H.
    Jul 12, 2004
    I went in expecting Will Ferrell to make me laugh a few times. I was laughing non-stop throughout the entire movie. It was ridiculous. But I must admit, it was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Will Ferrell is a god among men.
  76. JeffL.
    Jul 12, 2004
    As long as this film sticks to its main points of satire - local TV news, the male chauvanism, and those wacky Seventies - it is often genuinely riotous gold. Will Ferrell is tremendously funny and oddly likeable as the casually sexist Burgundy, Christina Applegate is sweet and lively as a reporter who wants to break through the boundaries to become the nation's first female anchor, As long as this film sticks to its main points of satire - local TV news, the male chauvanism, and those wacky Seventies - it is often genuinely riotous gold. Will Ferrell is tremendously funny and oddly likeable as the casually sexist Burgundy, Christina Applegate is sweet and lively as a reporter who wants to break through the boundaries to become the nation's first female anchor, and the guys in the newsroom are hilarious (even the usually dull Paul Rudd is great.) In the final third, though, the film turns into Airplane-style free-for-all silliness, much to its detriment. And it doesn't help that Ferrell seems to want to stuff in cameos by every actor he's ever worked with (Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, etc.) Still, the good stuff outweighs the bad, and the performances are really worth checking out. Expand
  77. MichaelM.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Really funny... but the movie is what it i...a light comedy not a work of art. Very amusing ferrel is hilarious!
  78. JamesandtheGiantPeach
    Jul 15, 2004
    Ok, so it may be stupid. But you know what? ITS FUNNY! Honestly we need more movies like this one. Movies to brighten up our day. Vince Vaghn was in it and even though I can't really stand him, he was ok in this since I really only had to see him a couple of times. Will Ferrell though, he did great. Its like being back in the good old days when he was the star of SNL. I really sugest Ok, so it may be stupid. But you know what? ITS FUNNY! Honestly we need more movies like this one. Movies to brighten up our day. Vince Vaghn was in it and even though I can't really stand him, he was ok in this since I really only had to see him a couple of times. Will Ferrell though, he did great. Its like being back in the good old days when he was the star of SNL. I really sugest this movie to anyone who has not seen it. Expand
  79. MichaelJ.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Will Ferrell is hilarious as Ron Burgundy in this often crude comedy. But the crude humour is the kind which will keep the laughs going. One of the true comedic gems of this year. Don't miss it.
  80. ManynyC.
    Jul 16, 2004
    On the beard of Zeus, people, Anchorman is brilliant. Will Ferrell gives his best, most spirited film performance yet as Ron Burgundy the classic chauvinistic man's man. I LOVE this movie, but heed warning many people will not like this movie. If you know and love Will Ferrell you will have a blast. If hes too out there for you then there is nothing for you in this film. The On the beard of Zeus, people, Anchorman is brilliant. Will Ferrell gives his best, most spirited film performance yet as Ron Burgundy the classic chauvinistic man's man. I LOVE this movie, but heed warning many people will not like this movie. If you know and love Will Ferrell you will have a blast. If hes too out there for you then there is nothing for you in this film. The characters know they're characters, ok, no seriousness going on here. If you dont much like Ferrell and dont watch SNL then go see Napoleon Dynamite again, and realize that your laughing at crap and missing out. Expand
  81. DrizztD.
    Jul 18, 2004
    I laughed so hard! I almost threw up! We need more movies with erection scenes! People..bears are noble creatures and a proud race, and without Anchorman, I'd never know that.... Go see this to laugh your ass off!
  82. CurfuffleN.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This movie was fairly good, although it seemed to slow in spots and I often became bored. One of the highlights is the Jack Black cameo, and of course the Ben stiller cameo, other than that there didn't seem to be anything all that special about the film. The ending was weak, a scene which seemed promising was ruined by a dog, I'm sure they could have thought up something better This movie was fairly good, although it seemed to slow in spots and I often became bored. One of the highlights is the Jack Black cameo, and of course the Ben stiller cameo, other than that there didn't seem to be anything all that special about the film. The ending was weak, a scene which seemed promising was ruined by a dog, I'm sure they could have thought up something better than what they did. We need a new OldSchool, and Ferral has to be the main character. Expand
  83. RitaP.
    Jan 24, 2006
    Gold, absolute gold. If you don't love this film then frankly you have tired of life and should confine yourself to your bed waiting for the inevitable. Otherwise join the rest of us in marvelling at the comedic genius of Will Ferrell and co.
  84. DickO.
    Jun 23, 2007
    To be honest, i cant handle to much dumbass comedy like Adam Sandler as such but this was in a whole different class of dumbass, absolute class.
  85. IanM.
    Sep 17, 2007
    The arousal this movie gave me was painful in its intensity.
  86. JesusC.
    Jan 18, 2008
    Extremely funny. Will Ferrel's best by far.
  87. TjE
    Jan 21, 2009
    A very funny movie. I don't think anyone who appreciates comedy can watch this without laughing once. Be warned however, Anchorman isn't for everybody. People who don't like random jokes or watch movies only for plot will not enjoy Anchorman. Everyone else will fall in love with it.
  88. Jul 31, 2015
    This s a great movie, so many funny moments, so many little jokes that aren't specifically stated and you actually have to pay attention to get, something a lot of comedies just throw at you can go "hey hey, notice this joke", but this movie knows when to be subtle and when to be big and crazy. The moment with the biker absolutely killed me.
  89. May 11, 2011
    The funniest film I have ever seen. Period. But my reviews should be longer, so... Will Ferrell excels here as egotistical News Anchor Ron Burgundy, in fact, the entire cast acts above and beyond, excelling as brilliant characters. But the breakout star of the film has to be the mentally challenged Brick Tamland, played by The Office's own Steve Carrell, delivering out a plentitude ofThe funniest film I have ever seen. Period. But my reviews should be longer, so... Will Ferrell excels here as egotistical News Anchor Ron Burgundy, in fact, the entire cast acts above and beyond, excelling as brilliant characters. But the breakout star of the film has to be the mentally challenged Brick Tamland, played by The Office's own Steve Carrell, delivering out a plentitude of hilarious lines ("I ate a big red candle", "Mm, I burnt my tongue", "Where'd you get those clothes, at the toilet store?") One of the most quotable films in movie history. If you picked a random line from this film, you can guarantee it's quotable, from the statistical ("60% of the time, it works every time"), to the insulting ("You're a smelly pirate hooker", "Why don't you go back to your home on whore island"), to the informative ("San Diego, discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina") to the declarations of love ("I love Lamp") The film is rife with cameos, and not one of them feels out of place or like a cardboard cut-out. Be it Ben Stiller as Arturo Mendez, Spanish Anchor, Jack Black as a motorcyclist who won't draw the line at kicking dogs off bridges, Tim Robbins as an anchor who'll cut off arms and then calmly smoke a pipe or Danny Trejo, a bartender who'll offer sage words of advice (even if it goes unheeded) This film is responsible for one of my favourite ever film moments: The big fight between the news stations, which manages to escelate from an exchange of words, to the characters pulling out weapons (knifes, table legs, hand grenades), then in less than half a minute, there's a man on fire, men on horses, Brick killing a guy with a Trident and Luke Wilson getting an arm cut off. It sounds insane, but its one of those moments which must be seen to understand. If I could only recommend one film where you'd have a fun time laughing your ass off, it's Anchorman. You stay classy, Rotten Tomatoes, and thanks for stopping by Expand
  90. Jul 27, 2011
    This movie is a perfect-to-watch-with-friends comedy. So perfect in fact, there wasn't a time where I wasn't at least smiling. It's humor is somewhat dated and slightly stupid, but it's actors carry it so well.
  91. Jan 18, 2011
    If you don't like Will Ferrell's style of comedy don't even give this one a try. If you do like his comedy then Anchorman is a must and is one of the funnier movies you will watch.
  92. May 27, 2012
    Anchorman is a decent comedy. It has its moments, and sometimes you will laugh pretty hard. But, its pretty dull most of the times also. From Will Ferrell, I expected more but it is worth a watch at least once.
  93. Jul 29, 2014
    "Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgundy" is a very solid comedy, in fact, it's very freaking funny, but in all honesty, it's not the greatest comedic driving film ive ever seen. The real overall-arcing problem i have with the film is how its really stupid and i honestly found the main character to be irritating, as well as the supporting acts, besides BRICK, brick is da best.

Overall i

Overall i believe that Anchor man is a good time but in no means necessary a classic
  94. Aug 29, 2013
    One of the best comedies I've ever seen and probably the best with Will Ferrell. A lot of really funny jokes and perfect cast including some guest appearances by Jack Black, Ben Stiller and even Danny Trejo.
  95. Nov 8, 2012
    Is there even an ounce of sense to it? No, none. But its downright hilarious and has a language of its own.
  96. Nov 9, 2012
    I appreciate sophisticated humor as much as the next guy. I do think that such humor is often the best. But that doesn't mean that I don't love the s**t out of some silly nonsense every now and again.
  97. Nov 28, 2012
    An unending tornado of irresistible hilarity, "Anchorman" represents the finest work Adam McKay and Will Ferrell have to offer.
  98. Jun 28, 2013
    There's no denying how funny this movie is. Just about every line is quotable due to how funny they are. In fact, there's a kid in my neighborhood who has, in fact, memorized just about every line in this movie. Every time he quotes Anchorman, I still laugh. I'm super pumped for the sequel.
  99. Apr 6, 2013
    Will Ferrell and director Adam McKay teaming up was truly a brilliant. This movie really boosted Will Ferrell's career as a comedic actor. Not only that, but out of all his movies, this one is his biggest and most known role of his career. Anchorman was a hilarious slap-stick comedy. I do admit, it has stupid moments, but how can you resist the hilarious charm this movie has to offer. ItWill Ferrell and director Adam McKay teaming up was truly a brilliant. This movie really boosted Will Ferrell's career as a comedic actor. Not only that, but out of all his movies, this one is his biggest and most known role of his career. Anchorman was a hilarious slap-stick comedy. I do admit, it has stupid moments, but how can you resist the hilarious charm this movie has to offer. It also features an ensemble of funny actors like Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner and Fred Wilard. But out of those actors, Steve Carell steals a bit of the show with his stupid charm. Overall, it's a hilarious screwball comedy done surprisingly right. Expand
  100. Jun 30, 2013
    I just don't know what to say. The first time I saw this, I didn't laugh. Then I watched it again, and I almost peed myself. This is arguably Ferrell's best film to date, no doubt a cult classic.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.