7.3

1. Mar 19, 2014
    If you like Will Ferrell's "man child" comedy this is the best there is. During every scene I was laughing and although many events in the scenario were unreal and absurd somehow they were the exaggeration of the relatable. It has a specific audience I get it; if you are outside this group you would find this movie boring but in its genre this movie is nothing less than perfect.
  2. Mar 7, 2014
    will ferrell is a good funny , cool dude . i love anchorman it is funny as **** . it will knock your shoes off . i got to go anchorman 2 as the better film then this one
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best comedies ever made! Will Ferrell at his very best! This is one of those movies I will never get tired of no matter how many times I watch it
  4. Dec 20, 2013
    This movie is hilarious. I can't wait to see no. 2 in movies soon! I think steve did the best acting, but ferrel did do great acting too. WATCH IT RIGHT NOW
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    Classic comedy full of amazingly funny segments, even though i'm not entirely sure what the point of the film was i enjoyed the hell out of it, this film as influenced our generation by giving us amazing quotes and meme material sadly because of memes this film didn't feel as funny as i was hoping yet still was very funny.
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    You get it, or you don't, or you do and just don't relate anyway. Whatever the case may be, this sort of random, senseless comedy is a subgenre of comedic films that is just as often praised as it is ridiculed.

I find myself praising it more often than not, and particularly so when Will Ferrell is involved. The man is, quite simply, as adept at this style of comedy as anyone ever has
    been, and his strong and silly performance, alongside a terrific supporting cast, have made Anchorman a classic in my mind. It has provided me and my friends more quotable lines and good times than any other Ferrell flick, and we typically enjoy them all. The upcoming sequel seems to me, at least, to be Ferrell's way of doing justice to what he believes to be his finest film.

Just as important to making the film work is the rest of the Channel 5 News Team. Brick, Champ and Brian are pivotal in playing off of each other, taking advantage of somewhat predictable quirks and eccentricities with skill. Paul Rudd quickly became a comedy/dramatic comedy staple at the box office, and his work here, alongside Steve Carrell's slow-but-sweet portrayal of weatherman Brick Tamlan and the underrated Champ Kind (played by the also underrated David Koechner) round out the film, give it an identity with memorable characters and classic scenes.

The rest of the cast is stand-up as well, including Alicia Silverstone, who holds up strong as Ferrell's counterpart and vying anchorwoman Veronica Corningstone. It all comes together quite nicely cast-wise, and the writing..well, the writing is the best you're going to find in a quote/unquote "silly" comedy, where the story is just a foundation for the ridiculousness to flow off of.

Honestly, I can understand the strong disagreement when I say so, but in my mind, Anchorman is without a doubt one of the finest comedic films ever created. It is, much like Mr. Burgundy himself, the balls.
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    I just don't know what to say. The first time I saw this, I didn't laugh. Then I watched it again, and I almost peed myself. This is arguably Ferrell's best film to date, no doubt a cult classic.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    An unending tornado of irresistible hilarity, "Anchorman" represents the finest work Adam McKay and Will Ferrell have to offer.
  9. Aug 18, 2012
    For me, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is pretty much the funniest film of all time. It's an eternal classic that never gets old and has the type of quotes that stay with you for life and enter your daily vernacular. Get your friends round, watch this movie as a group... comedy heaven!
  10. May 31, 2012
    Its much funnier than Talladega Nights and theres a better cast here. Will Ferrell has rarely been better and the story, while sloppy in its construction, is very memorable.
  11. Apr 2, 2012
    Anchorman is an extrememely funny film with great acting by everyone. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere. One of the best comedies in years.
  12. Mar 31, 2012
    Will Farrell is always funny. In this he is hilarious. It is pretty inappropriate. Irections and much more. If you like dogs you will see one fall of a bridge.
  13. Nov 30, 2011
    how the hell is this only a 7.1?! This was easily Will Ferells best movie and you people that comment with no sense of humor always screw it up! This movie was great btw. I say 10!
  14. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Probably the funniest movie of the decade. Will Ferrell plays his funniest character to date. It just puts a stupid smile on your face. It has that unique quality of repeatably, where you can watch this over and over and not get sick of it.
  15. Jul 27, 2011
    This movie is a perfect-to-watch-with-friends comedy. So perfect in fact, there wasn't a time where I wasn't at least smiling. It's humor is somewhat dated and slightly stupid, but it's actors carry it so well.
  16. Jun 17, 2011
    A fantastic comedy film. It is incredibly funny, and well acted. The writing is brilliant, as is the premise. There are at least 7 moments for which I was laughing uncontrollably. It is easily the best collaboration between McKay and Ferrell, and a great movie all around.
  17. May 19, 2011
    Adam McKay. Need I say more? This movie is my favorite comedy of all time. I loved every moment of it. Is it inappropriate, and crude humor? YES. Is it one of the most quotable movies of all time? YES. This (imo) is Will Ferrell's best film. I still watch it religiously. Should you see this movie? YES. But I am not you.
  18. May 11, 2011
    The funniest film I have ever seen. Period. But my reviews should be longer, so... Will Ferrell excels here as egotistical News Anchor Ron Burgundy, in fact, the entire cast acts above and beyond, excelling as brilliant characters. But the breakout star of the film has to be the mentally challenged Brick Tamland, played by The Office's own Steve Carrell, delivering out a plentitude of hilarious lines ("I ate a big red candle", "Mm, I burnt my tongue", "Where'd you get those clothes, at the toilet store?") One of the most quotable films in movie history. If you picked a random line from this film, you can guarantee it's quotable, from the statistical ("60% of the time, it works every time"), to the insulting ("You're a smelly pirate hooker", "Why don't you go back to your home on whore island"), to the informative ("San Diego, discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina") to the declarations of love ("I love Lamp") The film is rife with cameos, and not one of them feels out of place or like a cardboard cut-out. Be it Ben Stiller as Arturo Mendez, Spanish Anchor, Jack Black as a motorcyclist who won't draw the line at kicking dogs off bridges, Tim Robbins as an anchor who'll cut off arms and then calmly smoke a pipe or Danny Trejo, a bartender who'll offer sage words of advice (even if it goes unheeded) This film is responsible for one of my favourite ever film moments: The big fight between the news stations, which manages to escelate from an exchange of words, to the characters pulling out weapons (knifes, table legs, hand grenades), then in less than half a minute, there's a man on fire, men on horses, Brick killing a guy with a Trident and Luke Wilson getting an arm cut off. It sounds insane, but its one of those moments which must be seen to understand. If I could only recommend one film where you'd have a fun time laughing your ass off, it's Anchorman. You stay classy, Rotten Tomatoes, and thanks for stopping by Expand
  19. Apr 28, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie from start to finish. I must have seen this film at least 10 times and never have I found it boring. This is largely because Anchorman contains some classic quotes and great performances, with a large number of enjoyable cameos. The film never degenerates into a period where the laughs dry up, unlike many other Will Ferrell movies, and is a masterpiece of comedy.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.