Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: July 6, 2018
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 337 Ratings
Watch Now
Eight827Jul 15, 2018
The movie comes off a little half-baked, but has charm for days. And some genuinely tears-in-eyes- hilarious moments (one in particular involving a school hallway). It's not as good as the 1st, but it's enough to say it's definitely a funThe movie comes off a little half-baked, but has charm for days. And some genuinely tears-in-eyes- hilarious moments (one in particular involving a school hallway). It's not as good as the 1st, but it's enough to say it's definitely a fun time at the movies and it still an interesting Honey I Shrunk the Kids for adults/teens. Expand
Ashton2571Jul 15, 2018
Even better than Ant-Man. The mix of villains made for a comedic climax....
DyliebarAug 3, 2018
It isn't quite as good as the first one, but it is a fast paced movie with highly inventive action sequences and very likable characters!
lager96Jul 17, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp is a great stand along movie. While it doesn't connect much to the MCU as a whole, it is a fun time and worth a watch. After Infinity War we needed a light hearted and fun film which is exactly what this is. The daughter,Ant-Man and the Wasp is a great stand along movie. While it doesn't connect much to the MCU as a whole, it is a fun time and worth a watch. After Infinity War we needed a light hearted and fun film which is exactly what this is. The daughter, played by Abby Ryder, is great and steals every scene she is in. The villains are are ok and one of them is basically useless and could have been taken out of the film entirely. The action is well done and the choreography is spot on. There is a lot to like about this film and the ending hints at what is to come, which is really exciting to think about. This film shows that Marvel really cannot make a bad film and continues to succeed with each release. Now the long wait begins until Captain Marvel in March 2019! Expand
Megajohn85Jul 6, 2018
A rare sequel that manages to heavily improve on its predecessor. A must see
maxmaaaxdJul 6, 2018
This movie is a big improve from the first one, it has excellent characters that shine on their own. This is a lighearted movie to enjoy with family, not pretentious, being just what it needs to be. Funny, with a good plot and a very excitingThis movie is a big improve from the first one, it has excellent characters that shine on their own. This is a lighearted movie to enjoy with family, not pretentious, being just what it needs to be. Funny, with a good plot and a very exciting 3rd act. It has just the necessary connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It doesn't dissapoint. Totally recommended. Expand
kheasJul 15, 2018
While this is an important film to the overall story of the MCU, it is also a very strong standalone entry that can be enjoyed by anyone who happens by. The humor is spot on, the cast is magnificent and the special effects are literally outWhile this is an important film to the overall story of the MCU, it is also a very strong standalone entry that can be enjoyed by anyone who happens by. The humor is spot on, the cast is magnificent and the special effects are literally out of this world. I went in expecting more of the same and left entertained and happy. Overall this was a much more fulfilling and cohesive story than the first Ant-Man film and for that, I liked it even more. Sure the villain was a little one dimensional as a character but we cant always have a major threat in every film. Sometimes, they need to be personal. For more of the review go to: https://latetothegame.blog/2018/07/15/its-the-little-things-a-review-of-ant-man-the-wasp/ Expand
TVJerryJul 14, 2018
Along with Michael Douglas, they set out to right some wrongs in the quantum world. Some of the features of the original still hold true for this sequel. To quote my previous review, "…has a lighter touch and goes for a more human connection.Along with Michael Douglas, they set out to right some wrongs in the quantum world. Some of the features of the original still hold true for this sequel. To quote my previous review, "…has a lighter touch and goes for a more human connection. That means some enjoyable laffs and more chat than is needed for action films. When there is action, the miniature effects are fun and the sequences clip along at a snappy pace. Without Rudd’s charm the movie would have “little” appeal." These are not the typical superhero saving-the-world exploits, but personal quests with more interactions and more humor. Still, it's entertaining and fun. NOTE: There are 2 post-movie teasers: 1 after the end title credits (which requires a knowledge of "Avengers Infinity War") and the other at the very end (which is just silly). Expand
Rising_DoughJul 6, 2018
This is a light Marvel entry, with a welcome absence of a save-the-universe plot. Some very hilarious contributions by the supporting actors sustain this worthwhile and entertaining summer popcorn movie.

IMO, the critics have been harsh, and

IMO, the critics have been harsh, and appear to have left their sense of humor at home.
BitmouseJul 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I actually really liked it. However, I think it is a great example of male oppression and toxic meritocracy. Paul Rudd's character is talked down to the whole movie. This supposed inferiority is due to his being labelled a, "criminal," and sentanced to jail time for righting a wrong committed by a former employer. His further, "wrong doing," SPOILER ALERT was going to join the fight in Civil War, without letting his girlfriend know.

While I can see why should would be upset, it doesn't seem worthy of this sort of total rejection of him. For some reason anytime his character does anything anyone questions he is treated as the total failure and f***up, supposedly because of his prior, "criminal," act. However, all of his actions were in essence heroic. He is a clearly loving, engaged, and arguably ethically ideal role model to his daughter, and always makes the right heroic choices in his film. Still he is treated as less-than.

To me it is sad that this sort of treatment goes unquestioned in our society. It seems to reflect the truth that father's are generally treated as comedic relief in pop culture and scapegoats.

While men headline Marvel movies, for the most part they are emblematic of problems that are at least equal to women in fiction if not worse for the fact they go unrecognized. It is sad that often times people laugh at the concept of a Men's Movement or the need to examine gender norms and expectations as applied to men in our country. It is fairly obvious that our culture has a tremendous problem with, "men."
MadMaxFuryRoadJul 8, 2018
While it's not the best Marvel sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp delivers with a comedic action-packed superhero film that entertained me throughout. The visuals were stunning and the action sequences were insanely well-crafted. The major let downWhile it's not the best Marvel sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp delivers with a comedic action-packed superhero film that entertained me throughout. The visuals were stunning and the action sequences were insanely well-crafted. The major let down of the film is the villain though and that was pretty disappointing. However, I would still say Ant-Man and the Wasp is definitely one of the better Marvel movies. Expand
PeterAlexanderJul 10, 2018
While undoubtedly no masterpiece, Ant Man and the Wasp is certainly worth the entry fee. The film is funny, entertaining, dramatic and full of heart. The story itself is engaging and original, ensuring Ant Man and the Wasp acts as a worthyWhile undoubtedly no masterpiece, Ant Man and the Wasp is certainly worth the entry fee. The film is funny, entertaining, dramatic and full of heart. The story itself is engaging and original, ensuring Ant Man and the Wasp acts as a worthy sequel and addition to the Marvel cinematic universe. Expand
angelsanzcorreaJul 9, 2018
The perfect Marvel-film balance in my opinion: campy humour, a light/easy but solid plot and great cast & character development. A nice improvement on the original too.
alejandro970Jul 15, 2018
Marvel retains the distinctive hallmark of superhero genre. With witty mixture of comedy and action, and allusion of classics of sci-fi genre (Fantastic voyage, Them) is one of best escapism of summer 2018. Shall we consider the extra finaleMarvel retains the distinctive hallmark of superhero genre. With witty mixture of comedy and action, and allusion of classics of sci-fi genre (Fantastic voyage, Them) is one of best escapism of summer 2018. Shall we consider the extra finale a bridge for a third part of the second act of Infinity War? Expand
Captain105Jul 13, 2018
This is a very fun and hilarious movie with an interesting plot. The actors are as good and funny as the first movie. I wish Ant man shrunk more throughout the movie and that the wasp had a bigger part to play. Still at no point did i want toThis is a very fun and hilarious movie with an interesting plot. The actors are as good and funny as the first movie. I wish Ant man shrunk more throughout the movie and that the wasp had a bigger part to play. Still at no point did i want to stop watching it. ( Why is it that ant man seems more scientifically possible then the other MCU heroes?? ) Expand
MovieFighterJul 6, 2018
There's not a single dull moment in this film. Marvel delivers a truly entertaining blockbuster once again, with stakes, characters you care about, ridiculously charismatic actors to bring them to life, breathtaking action sequences and soThere's not a single dull moment in this film. Marvel delivers a truly entertaining blockbuster once again, with stakes, characters you care about, ridiculously charismatic actors to bring them to life, breathtaking action sequences and so much honest emotion. It's a fun ride from beginning to end; even better than the first Ant-Man film and what I had expected. And Evangeline Lilly is simply amazing as the Wasp. Definite recommendation by me. Expand
BrianMcCriticJul 7, 2018
Another MCU jem with great comedy and a good deal of heart. Paul Rudd is an absolute delight and his likeability always makes a film better. The rest of the cast is great as well and their chemistry leads to some hilarious moments. Overall aAnother MCU jem with great comedy and a good deal of heart. Paul Rudd is an absolute delight and his likeability always makes a film better. The rest of the cast is great as well and their chemistry leads to some hilarious moments. Overall a couple of editing problems are the negative, but I appreciated how much fun it was, a middle 8. A- Expand
FarhanFirozJul 8, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp is probably the best sequel since the Winter Soldier. The movie has outstanding visuals and action scenes which is thoroughly entertaining with its great humour and Heart to it. The villain Ghost is a let down along withAnt-Man and the Wasp is probably the best sequel since the Winter Soldier. The movie has outstanding visuals and action scenes which is thoroughly entertaining with its great humour and Heart to it. The villain Ghost is a let down along with its side villains but if you've enjoyed the First one you'll definitely love this one as well. Expand
joeyabukiJul 7, 2018
Good movie; lots of action sequences, fun and tuns of humor and jokes (this is marvel, you know), everything's great, just like the first one. The plot is really really simple, Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly)Good movie; lots of action sequences, fun and tuns of humor and jokes (this is marvel, you know), everything's great, just like the first one. The plot is really really simple, Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) want to bring Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer) back from the quantum realm because they think she might be alive; they need Scott Lang (Paul Rudd)'s help but he is on house arrest, besides he feels like he was her for a moment and that proves they are right; meanwhile a female villain named Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen) is a menace for them and they have to fight with her, she is a good character. Evangeline Lilly is wonderful as The Wasp and we want to see more of She and Ant-Man in action and their chemistry.

There are 2 post-credit scenes, the first one is awesome and connects with Infinity War & Avengers 4.
neefmanJul 8, 2018
The Bad:

The Bad:

This movie has a moderate case of sequelitis - some of the jokes in the middle 3rd of the movie miss their mark. I hate that feeling in a movie theater when the writers clearly thought they had a gem of a gag and the audience stays silent. Cringe-worthy!

Stuffed-In Bad Guy: There's generic corrupt corporate bad-guy named Sonny Burch who apparently was in Iron Man III but did not achieve much of an impact in that movie either because I can't even remember him. The actor was fine, but the character wasn't necessary.

The Good:
The best character was Hope Pym(Wasp)- she was a total bad-ass, quite the opposite of fumbling and bumbling Scott Lang, who we love seeing grope his way blindly through life and his action scenes. The Wasp probably laid out more fodder than Captain America in his first movie. In addition her relationship with her dad was much improved, and it was nice to see that carried through from the end of the last film. The seemed like a real family.

Ghost: I want to see this character again; she was something I was not prepared to process. Her backstory is compelling and Hannah Johm Kamen nails it to perfection. I thought about Ghost more than any other character after I left the theater. Love the effects on her as well as her impressive array of powers.

Humor: Although I dissed this aspect of the movie above, overall the writing was above average. There are some truly memorable funny moments as well as a few duds. The good outweighs the bad here.

Lawrence Fishburn: Great to see one of my favorite actors rocking the Goliath character. Unlike many add-on characters to sequels I felt that he wasn't just made up to plug a hole in a script.

The Kid: Wow, how do I hate cute kids in action movies. But for some reason this kid isn't annoying - in fact she's naturally cute and funny. Perhaps it's because she doesn't act sassy and say adult lines which are developmentally unrealistic from a psychological perspective. Her lines are what a kid her age might actually say.

Randall Park as Jimmy Woo: Another terrific addition to the cast, Officer Woo had some of the funniest lines in the film. I'd love to see this guy again in other MCU movies. He sucks at cards though...

The Action - Especially the End Sequence: The effects are spectacular, the editing is spot on, and I couldn't find any major plot holes with how everything turned out.

Fan Boy Cred: I spent a large portion of my childhood actually reading the comics these characters are based on and I've romanticized it in my head for decades. To me, this film - along with many of the other higher quality MCU films - honored the source material.
amheretojudgeJul 6, 2018
a benign take on the complexity of the realm projected in here..

Ant Man And The Wasp 3 And A Half Out Of 5 Ant Man And The Wasp is a plot driven comic feature that is more mature, fun and emotionally fueled that its predecessor. The sense
a benign take on the complexity of the realm projected in here..

Ant Man And The Wasp

3 And A Half Out Of 5

Ant Man And The Wasp is a plot driven comic feature that is more mature, fun and emotionally fueled that its predecessor. The sense of urgency is present in the feature throughout the course of it which paces up the tale and keeps the audience engaged and invested in it. The ticking clock behind the screen is foliated among the tone of the characters and the emotions that is drawn within it; a slick move by the makers to keep it light, breezy and enthusiastic for the project or the act. The morality conflicts installed in each character's perspective is something fresh and unexpected by the franchise to pull it off, as it offers a balanced depth and gravitas to the characters and the layered thought-provoking concept that they feed off.

It is rich on technical aspects like its amusing choreography and fine editing but what it needs is an up beating background score, sound editing and better visual effects as the audience outsmarts makers at this stage and demands better quality. The screenplay is gripping, sensible and adaptive and the primary reason to that is the familiar and lovable characters that blends among the viewers quickly and comfortably. Peyton Reed; the director, has certainly improved on his execution since last time especially when it comes to depict intense conversations and dramatic sequences. The performance is decently handled by the lead cast Paul Rudd (who also did an amazing job on co-writing the screenplay) and Evangeline Lily in their parallel roles and is supported wisely by Michael Douglas, Lawrence Fishburne, Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Pena who is flat out hilarious. Ant Man And The Wasp is a benign take on the complexity of the realm projected in here and even though it plays safe in compared to other MCU features, it is undeniably entertaining.
UnReelReviewsJul 7, 2018
Ant-man and the wasp was a sequel that I was really looking forward mainly because I loved the first ant-man, I thought it stood out compared to most MCU movies and was unique in its own way. So is this film good, yes it is, it's not a greatAnt-man and the wasp was a sequel that I was really looking forward mainly because I loved the first ant-man, I thought it stood out compared to most MCU movies and was unique in its own way. So is this film good, yes it is, it's not a great movie but I still do really enjoy this movie. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly work very well together and both give their best while performing. Michael douglas and Michael Pena are funny and bring some great one liners and that's something I can give a big praise to in this movie, the humour is always on point and doesn't feel forced and misused. The action scenes are fun and exactly what I wanted to see, the gorgeous visuals and well planned use of cgi never make these scenes feel fake or poorly adapted on the screen. Now as I said this movie is good but I had a lot of problems with it, the shows villains are very cliche and follow the same villain routes and plan outs that you would see in a cartoon show. They also try to make the film feel very serious and dark, but it never pulls off, either its because paul rudd lets off a one liner or michael pena starts talking and their is never any real tensity. One of my other big issues was how they treated the character of ant-man. In the first film we see that he is fairly smart, he's no genius but he is smart, but in this film they treat ant-man almost like and idiot and I didn't like that, he's always the one to make a dumb decision, or not do something correctly and that felt a bit off putting for me.

But overall I do suggest go checking this one out, I did enjoy this movie I don't like it quite as much as the first but it is still a blast to watch and I'm sure will please most followers of the MCU.
LewisDannyJul 17, 2018
A fun popcorn flick, but unfortunately not as good as the original (which is IMO one of the best of all of the 20+ MCU films). A higher ratio of jokes fall flat in this compared to its predecessor, but it remains a good combo of comedy andA fun popcorn flick, but unfortunately not as good as the original (which is IMO one of the best of all of the 20+ MCU films). A higher ratio of jokes fall flat in this compared to its predecessor, but it remains a good combo of comedy and action that we've come to expect. Expand
SrPepeJul 14, 2018
Una película que te saca muchas sonrisas pero no tiene acción tratandose de superheroés. Fantasma es una buena villana pero los traficantes son puro relleno. Es una más del montón de Marvel.
TheFreeman148Jul 16, 2018
Its tough living in the shadow of such a monumental success and tone shift that Infinity War brought us but this is still a good movie but there's nothing truly special about it. There are some genuinely funny moments and some seriousIts tough living in the shadow of such a monumental success and tone shift that Infinity War brought us but this is still a good movie but there's nothing truly special about it. There are some genuinely funny moments and some serious heartfelt emotional moments but its still just your run of the mill Marvel movie. Worth seeing but, ultimately you can probably skip this one. PS STAY FOR THE END CREDITS FOR A TASTE OF INFINITY WAR. Expand
GeekGenerationJul 16, 2018
L’année a plutôt bien commencée pour les Marvel Studios et Disney, tout d’abord avec Black Panther. Le film de Ryan Coogler a su attirer un public friand de super-héros mais aussi les curieux qui voulaient en apprendre plus sur les aventuresL’année a plutôt bien commencée pour les Marvel Studios et Disney, tout d’abord avec Black Panther. Le film de Ryan Coogler a su attirer un public friand de super-héros mais aussi les curieux qui voulaient en apprendre plus sur les aventures du prince T’Challa. Le film a cumulé plus de 1,3 milliard de $ au cinéma en 18 semaines d’exploitation, un record. Record battu quelques semaines plus tard avec la sortie du très attendu Avengers: Infinity War, troisième opus de la franchise qui réunissait la quasi-intégralité des héros et vilains déjà apparus dans le MCU. Le film des frères Russo a cumulé plus de 2 milliards de $ en seulement 9 semaines de projection. Après le passages de ces deux mastodontes, quel film aura le courage de pointer le bout de son nez… Ant-Man et la Guêpe.

Après avoir créer la surprise avec une aventure drôle et émouvante, Scott Lang est donc de retour au cinéma dans un second opus qui aura la lourde tache de clôturer un année de films Marvel. Le film prend place deux ans après les événements de Captain America: Civil War et l’arrestation de Scott en Allemagne. Voulant profiter de sa fille Cassie, notre héros a demandé de purger sa peine en étant assigné à résidence. Trois jours avant sa libération et le début de sa mise à l’épreuve, il est kidnappé par Hank Pym et sa fille Hope devenus fugitifs après la signature des accords de Sokovie. Ils lui demandent son aide pour retrouver Janet, femme de Hank et mère de Hope, coincée dans le plan quantique et qui semble avec une connexion particulière avec Scott depuis que celui-ci ait visité le-dit plan pour venir à bout de Yellow Jacket dans le premier opus. S’en suit une course contre la montre entre un trafiquant de technologie et un mystérieux personnage surnommé Ghost pouvant entrer en phase et traverser la matière. (On arrête là pour l’histoire pour ne pas vous spoiler !)

Ce second volet a été une très bonne surprise notamment grâce à l’humour en deux tons (à la fois adulte et enfantin) mais aussi avec des personnages attachants. Le film met l’accent sur Captain America: Civil War de façon judicieuse car les événements d’Infinity War n’ont pas encore eu lieu. Peyton Reed a préféré travailler le personnage et faire un film à part entier sauvant ainsi l’intrigue du quatrième Avengers et de Captain Marvel. Un personnage alors que l’affiche annonce une coéquipière, me direz vous ? Alors non, Scott n’est pas seul et il est loin de l’être tellement Evangeline Lilly est excellente dans le rôle de la Guêpe. Elle est tellement charismatique que par moment elle éclipse notre bonne vieille fourmi. Le duo marche à merveille et donne lieu à de sympathiques dialogues et scènes hilarantes entre les deux ex-amants. Visuellement plaisant, certains fans de SF et de fantastiques verront quelques hommages à de grands classiques comme L’Aventure Intérieure de Joe Dante ou encore Le Voyage fantastique de Richard Fleischer. D’autres y verront et laisseront une petite larme en hommage à Mimi la fourmi de Chérie, j’ai rétréci les gosses de Joe Johnston.

Ant-Man et la Guêpe n’a pas à rougir face à un Black Panther ou un Avengers: Infinity War ravageur, le titre est frais et avec une bonne dose d’humour. Les effets visuels sont de toute beauté mis à part quelques scènes de courses-poursuites qui sentent la « fin de budget ». Les scènes de combat sont impressionnantes et très bien millimétrés avec des affrontements d’anthologies entre Ant-Man, La Guêpe et Ghost. Une Ghost touchante incarnée par la talentueuse Hannah John-Kamen que l’on a pu voir dans l’excellent Ready Player One et le mitigé mais sympathique Tomb Raider en début d’année. Chaque personnage a son importance, mis à part Maggie et Paxton qui font seulement quelques apparitions. C’est avec un grand plaisir que l’on retrouve aussi Michelle Pfeiffer dans un film de super-héros 26 ans après le Batman Returns de Tim Burton où elle incarnait la féline Catwoman. En bref, une bonne surprise, un très bon moment de passé et un Scott Lang toujours aussi sympathique et attachant. On en veut encore plus et il va falloir s’armer de patience pour découvrir le prochain film, Captain Marvel attendu pour le 6 mars 2019 dans nos contrées.
FlexedacornJul 11, 2018
I liked the first film and equally liked the second. In my opinion not the best film in the Marvel Franchise but definitely an overall good movie. Ant-man & the wasp had the same fun light hearted tone of the first film, which was a niceI liked the first film and equally liked the second. In my opinion not the best film in the Marvel Franchise but definitely an overall good movie. Ant-man & the wasp had the same fun light hearted tone of the first film, which was a nice change of pace after the more serious toned entries of some of the previous marvel films. Paul Rudd was just as charismatic as he always is, and Evangeline Lilly as the Wasp was more of a true partner then a side character this time around. I enjoyed both newcomers, Laurence Fishburne and Hannah John-Kaman. They both good performances, though I felt like their screen time was too short to really develop their characters. All in all, I would recommend this film to fans of the marvel universe or simply fans of the first Ant-Man. You do not need to see all the other marvel films to enjoy this, but it does help to see the 1st Ant-Man and Captain America Civil war. Expand
JPKJul 9, 2018
Very Fun
It's Not As Good As Infinity War, But Ant-Man And The Wasp Is Still A Very Fun Ride.
ViniciusBritoJul 16, 2018
This movie sequence the cliffhanger let by his first movie, not just that but it does have consequences left by the movie Captain America: Civil War, wich if you haven't seen you may lost a little about what they are talking about in someThis movie sequence the cliffhanger let by his first movie, not just that but it does have consequences left by the movie Captain America: Civil War, wich if you haven't seen you may lost a little about what they are talking about in some moments, but they explain everything that you need to know. This sequel is directed by Peyton Reed wich also directed the first one.
After Scott Lang comeback of the quantum realm, until then impossible, Hope, Scott and Hank Pym, will trie to pull out Janet, the original wasp, from there. To do it so, they will need to get some equipments, face some trouble caused by old situations, and deal with other people that want their stuff. All of that while Scott still is trying to trick the cops and take care of his daughter.
This movie is meant to be fun with zero deepening in the subjects that he stands in, if you are looking for something that is deep and goes beyond the marvel standard this isn't for you, but if you want a fun movie that will not make you think much and have a good time, this may be perfect. It's a lightweight movie, that you can watch, have a deep breath and relax with some fun moments and some fun characters and a simple story.
The actresses and actors are a high point, they are all so cool and fun. Evangeline Lilly is very fun and have great expressions, you totally buy her in the action scenes, she did a really nice job being able to pass emotions and peculiar moments while with Paul, being distrustful but at the same time testing. Paul Rudd isn't very different, he don't have big expressions as Evangeline, but in other hand he have a great comical timing and really pass the nice guy idea, he is also very fun. Michael Douglas was the most serious good guy in the movie but at the same he had to intertwine it with comic moments, he also were able to express emotions in determinated moments. Michelle Pfeiffer had really little time in the movie, i don't think she could pass much emotions as it was suposed to, but considering the movie tone, it was very functional. Michael Peña really deserves a light because he had one job in this movie, make us laugh, and he did it well.
The action scenes are creative, but not that much, i mean, the situation with the size of objects, cars, the increasing and decreasing the size of the things and people is what make the difference here, it is a kind of power that we don't see in other movies with any frequency, so it is not just cool but different as well, but at the same time you feel that it could be better.
The relationship between Scott and Hope is another big point here, the two actors definely have some chemistry wich make the conversations and atittudes among them be not just natural, but pretty.
I get that the point of the movie never was to be deep or explain anything, but i believe that they could have sacrifice some fbi invading Scott's house time, wich happens a lot, to show more and make us feel more about the quantum realm, the quantum realm is what they are talking about the whole movie and what the plot is about, and when they finally reach there, it is beautiful, but it is so fast and don't show almos anything. Janet was there for many and many years, she says that she is changed, but they gave no clue about how she survived there for so long, how that place works, what possibilities it give, considering that the movie is about that place, i really expected them to develop more. The story of the movie doesn't try to surprise us any time, it is very predictable, and it does have some questionable things that may be considered as plot holes. The Ghost character is good, it does have a very clear motivation wich make total sense. The movie also have way to many subplots, every character have a little arc and that may have make the movie get a little swollen. One pretty good thing of the movie is the relationship between the characters, so as the Scott and his daughter, that is formidable. One thing that i found really good here, is the dimension of the story, i like to say that not all super hero movies need to save the world like a lot of them does, this one it is good in this sense, it is just a rescue and assault movie.
The visual effects work in the majority of the movie, in some moments the green screen got to obvious wich bothered me, the Ghost effects i found pretty cool, not just her moviment but that combined with the voice altered really gave a badass looking character. The effects of the the increasing and decreasing the size were pretty good.
The movie is fun, definely give some nice laughs, the action is good, the movie is very episodical and doesn't present nothing new, it was made intended to be just a little adventure with some fun and a family junction. Definely a not very memorable one.
DubeauJul 9, 2018
Ant-Man 2 is a logical follow up to the first movie. The story really explain well Scott Lang's situation after Civil War. It also continue where they left off regarding personal issues. It has a lot of humor, some of them better then other,Ant-Man 2 is a logical follow up to the first movie. The story really explain well Scott Lang's situation after Civil War. It also continue where they left off regarding personal issues. It has a lot of humor, some of them better then other, but neither of them feels forced on you. I though the action fighting sequences were too fast, so you miss a lot of details in them. The music didn't do much for me. I give it a 74%. I think it's an easy movie to watch and enjoy. It is obligatory that you have seen at least Ant Man, Civil War and Avenger Infinity. Otherwise you will have questions about why and what. Expand
JitatmanJul 13, 2018
Science is good.. Tony Stark taught us that.. But his father, Howard, was none the less.. as is Dr. Hank Pym.. But the Fun we get from these two Rivals.. Ahaaa.. Awesome.. :D

The first Ant-Man had some Great visuals, especially when Scott

The first Ant-Man had some Great visuals, especially when Scott first pressed that button & got Ant sized (followed by flood in the bath-tub :P) was just Epic. The tech has grown since then & now we have medium sized Ant-Man. (Nope, this not Spoiler, Yo)

So, the story isn’t goin’ as it should but you can have your Fun moments here & there. It revolves Just around that tuckin’ “Briefcase” which got “Antized” by Hank in the trailer. :D :P It could’ve been better, Feige.

~ Scott Lang, Paul Rudd, is Awesome. Boy, he was cracking jokes in F.R.I.E.N.D.S :D Now, here he is.. saving the world.. we may say Universe as Infinity War had some Powerful effect on Ant-Man’s world (T'is no Spoiler guys, goin’ good.. just playing with words..)
~ Hope Van Dyne, Wasp, Evangeline Lilly
JokohamaJul 9, 2018
It's still fun to watch, but not good enough to be remember afterward. The main opponent in this movie is time, because the fights are not on superhero level.
GameCompletersJul 8, 2018
Another Good Marvel movie. Not as good as other Marvel movies but still a good one. Ant-Man and Wasp was both funny and entertaining and Ghost was an awesome character in the movie. Worth seeing if you like Marvel Movies.
MPReviewsJul 8, 2018
A worthy follow up to the original that maintains everything that was great about its predecessor and improves upon a few things, such as the villian. Fans of the original and marvel movies in general should definetely go see it.
d0vla11Jul 10, 2018
Neither worse nor better then the first.
Michael Pena still steals the show, Paul Rudd and the other cast did well, also a solid story...
It's more of a family movie which I actually like and also recommend!
rswitzJul 15, 2018
While it may not have as much humor or originality as its predecessor (an unfortunate side-effect of sequels in general), Marvel Studios' "Ant Man and the Wasp" is sure to entertain both fans of the MCU and newcomers alike.
stjude_bruhJul 10, 2018
It’s another year in Hollywood, and that means that it’s time for another round of Marvel movies. Each year since Phase 3 began, Disney and Marvel Studios have been releasing three movies per year. That may seem like an overload, but eachIt’s another year in Hollywood, and that means that it’s time for another round of Marvel movies. Each year since Phase 3 began, Disney and Marvel Studios have been releasing three movies per year. That may seem like an overload, but each film has come to feel like a fresh and unique take on a similar story. The last of 2018’s Marvel movies, Ant-Man and The Wasp, also offers its own signature take on humor and action to move the typical storyline forward. That storyline is to defeat bad guys who are chasing what the good guys are chasing, but there are definitely different elements added to the story that set this film apart. Overall, I enjoyed this movie and wish to watch it again. Now, I am going to elaborate on this.

I like to begin with the negative aspects of a movie because a positive view on life is to view the good in everything in the end. I have also been superstitious for many years, with one aspect of superstition being that I believe that the best is always saved for last. With this viewpoint established, I will say that the movie does begin quite slow and doesn’t have the greatest initial buildup. This isn’t to say that I don’t like slow films; many award-winning movies are slow, and even Star Wars films are slow. However, there is a purpose to a movie having a slower pacing if there is something that it is building up to. I did not feel that the information provided to us as the audience was valid enough for this movie to feel boring. To me, the main villain wasn’t that interesting as a character, and the secondary villain was not villainous enough. The motives for the latter was a very generic corporate money-driven motive. At least Ghost, the main villain (not a spoiler, since she’s featured in the trailers) has a reasoning for wanting what our heroes want. In fact, it is more of a need. Fortunately, slow pacing in the beginning of the movie is the last of the problems, as things just get better.

First, I would like to recognize the great Paul Rudd for bringing a quirky and charming humor to his character of Ant-Man that makes him a unique MCU villain. He is certainly more entertaining than boring ol’ Captain America, and I would definitely prefer his character over T’Challa (The Black Panther), who lacks interesting qualities. Along with Ant-Man himself, the rest of the main cast does a great job making this movie feel unique in its approach to generating laughs. It is more awkward, random, and situational humor that elaborates on it’s random jokes until another character has to get everyone back on board. If you remember the first movie, you’ll remember that Scott Lang’s friend Luis (Michael Peña) has a fantastic way of retelling a story and how everything happened that led to the present moment in time. He uses this storytelling method once again, but this time it lasts longer and is even more humorous than before. For me, the comedy of the movie was its main draw for me to watch it again, just as it had been for the first film.

What also sets apart Ant-Man and The Wasp from other Marvel movies was its different kind of action. Generally, action movies have the same kind of action that includes punches, explosions, and chases. Many MCU movies also have this kind of action. A few exceptions include the emphasis on hand-to-hand combat in Captain America films, spaceship-driven action in the Guardians of the Galaxy films (my favorite MCU series), and trippy wizardry in Doctor Strange. Ant-Man films have their own approach to action in that they constantly involve shrinking. It’s so much fun to see regular real-world environments from a microscopic perspective. The chase scenes with vehicles turning small and regular sized, The Wasp’s flight while using shrinking, and the Quantum Realm were delightful to watch. Its crazy that this movie’s visuals were so much better than Black Panther visuals even when work with $38 million less (budget of $162 million compared to $200 million). No other action movie can boast action sequences as unique and fun as in the Ant-Man movies, and it is even better the second time.

After watching the movie, I completely forgot about the generic plot and mostly uninteresting villains because I had a great time. The humor and action sequences along with Paul Rudd’s great starring turn as our hero made this Marvel movie a great watch. Unfortunately, the plot and slow pacing in the beginning of the movie can’t make this movie worth buying on Blu-Ray. However, it is certainly worth spending $12 for a theatre ticket and $2 for RedBox. Since Disney and Netflix have an agreement, it will eventually appear for streaming. When it does, I say make the most of its availability and watch it a few times.

Overall, I would bestow Ant-Man and The Wasp a solid 8.25/10.
Timmy_McGrawJul 7, 2018
I thought that ant man and the wasp was a great sequel to ant man. I liked the comedy placed throughout the film. The after-credits scene was unexpected as I watched this a while after infinity war.
Chaka88Jul 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Entertaining but unfortunately some predictable moments because of commercial spoilers. I wish they'd refrain from putting too much out there before the movies are released. The chemistry of the characters seems to flow. The after-credits scene helped for those that follow the MCU timeline and wonder where this movie falls in line. For those that missed Infinity War...they're going to be confused. I would have liked to see more of the background of the Ghost. My only issue is I have difficulty with the "suspension of disbelief" with regards to no one realizing that buildings and cars are popping up out of nowhere. Expand
ChipsdevilJul 14, 2018
L'une des principale force de cette suite d'Ant-Man est sans aucuns doutes son casting. Paul Rudd et Evangeline Lilly parviennent à compenser amplement pour un scénario relativement simpliste bien qu'il soit un peu rafraîchissant en attendantL'une des principale force de cette suite d'Ant-Man est sans aucuns doutes son casting. Paul Rudd et Evangeline Lilly parviennent à compenser amplement pour un scénario relativement simpliste bien qu'il soit un peu rafraîchissant en attendant les prochaines aventures des Avengers. Expand
MikeMcClaneJul 15, 2018
While the fist installment showed us the origins of Ant-man, the sequel shows the required expansion inside the MCU. Along with GOTG, the comedy-visual effect combo brings some fresh air in a universe filled with IronMan/Cpt America/ThorWhile the fist installment showed us the origins of Ant-man, the sequel shows the required expansion inside the MCU. Along with GOTG, the comedy-visual effect combo brings some fresh air in a universe filled with IronMan/Cpt America/Thor predictable arcs. The cast works great together and the story finds its way explaining some things about Quantum Realm's history and introducing new interesting action scenes. Dont worry if at the end you feel like you miss some action sequences from our main hero. I think he's going to deal with bigger things in IW2 next year. The MCU is safe with characters like Ant-Man and The Wasp. Expand
SerraiosJul 6, 2018
In what may be Marvel's best year yet, "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is another great addition to the now 20-film long Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's an improvement on its great predecessor, with more humor, action and drama. The franchise is wellIn what may be Marvel's best year yet, "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is another great addition to the now 20-film long Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's an improvement on its great predecessor, with more humor, action and drama. The franchise is well past its villain problem with Phase 3 and seeing Scott Lang teaming up with Hope van Dyne brought me so much joy. It's pretty much everything you loved about the first film but more. More depth, more Luis, more change of sizes - and the movie has so much fun with that. It more than lived up to my expectations. The mid credits scene though was quite heartbreaking. Expand
ShaunDavidKingJul 7, 2018
Strong performances by the entire cast. A well-rounded solid addition to the MCU. Michelle Pfieffer looked great! Several new interesting characters make their MCU debut. STRONG supporting cast added a LOT to the film.
tropicAcesJul 6, 2018
It’s a fun, simple Marvel movie and an improvement over the first one. Rudd remains the perfect choice for the role and the quick, irrelevant humor again works here better than most MCU films. But just like Infinity War and Black Panther,It’s a fun, simple Marvel movie and an improvement over the first one. Rudd remains the perfect choice for the role and the quick, irrelevant humor again works here better than most MCU films. But just like Infinity War and Black Panther, some special effects are baffling poor and there’s a few too many things going on. Expand
manwe7Jul 17, 2018
The dialogue was very flat. The comedy fell flat also. I dunno but some of those scene should have been reshot with that dialogue! Evangeline Lilly is hot! Michael Douglas lost his acting chops.
dharmaJul 7, 2018
Giving this just an 8 is an understatement for this flick; I would have given this an 8.5 if there is that option on Metacritic. It is an obvious 'palate cleanser' after the heavy lifting in Infinity War, a fun, caper flick starring yourGiving this just an 8 is an understatement for this flick; I would have given this an 8.5 if there is that option on Metacritic. It is an obvious 'palate cleanser' after the heavy lifting in Infinity War, a fun, caper flick starring your favorite size shifting super hero. It is done in a confident manner by a studio that can literally go wrong at this point. Great action sequences, absolutely great banter between the casts and again, that 'Marvel' magic. An obvious winner. Expand
Compi24Jul 8, 2018
Director Peyton Reed returns to the MCU for the inevitable "Ant-Man" sequel -- "Ant-Man And The Wasp" -- which surprisingly ends up shaping out better than its predecessor. Not much, albeit, but still. This is superior, especially in theDirector Peyton Reed returns to the MCU for the inevitable "Ant-Man" sequel -- "Ant-Man And The Wasp" -- which surprisingly ends up shaping out better than its predecessor. Not much, albeit, but still. This is superior, especially in the comedy department. So many of the jokes, bits, and lines land -- it's easily the funniest Marvel film since "Thor: Ragnarok." As with most Marvel films, however, the villain(s) once again falls into the scategory of forgettability. Other than that, though, it's real solid. Expand
moviemitch96Jul 6, 2018
Just as with the previous 'Ant-Man' film, this is easily one of the more laid-back, fun, and much more lighthearted MCU entries. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly play off of each other perfectly, and other returning players such as MichaelJust as with the previous 'Ant-Man' film, this is easily one of the more laid-back, fun, and much more lighthearted MCU entries. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly play off of each other perfectly, and other returning players such as Michael Douglas and Michael Pena also keep things exciting and humorous. Overall, it's definitely on the same level as the first 'Ant-Man' in terms of being pure, lighthearted fun...well...except for those couple of post-credit scenes, but that's all I'll say. Expand
Anderson123Jul 12, 2018
Amazing!! Wasp steals the show,Evangeline Lilly is perfect on the role,badass and charismatic. The visual effects and action scenes are amazing,the humor is great.
bfoore90Jul 8, 2018
About as good as the first one in terms of quality. This film offers alot in its comedy, visuals and strong performances which is surprising considering the trailers left alot to be desired. Ghost had the look of a cool villain but she was aAbout as good as the first one in terms of quality. This film offers alot in its comedy, visuals and strong performances which is surprising considering the trailers left alot to be desired. Ghost had the look of a cool villain but she was a step down from Killmonger and Thanos as she didn't really feel like a villain as much as she did a sympathetic anti-hero. Expand
harsubaghJul 7, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. TOO MUCH MAKEUP! really should be a 6. a very nice movie up until the end, when Michael Douglas finds his wife floating around the quantum zone and she, for some reason, has way too much makeup on. an actress with too much ego? made the end very anti climatic. an enjoyable movie, except for the makeup. Expand
All4myannsJul 6, 2018
I wasn't going to see this movie because the first one wasnt that great, but I am happy I did. I was pleasantly surprised with the major improvements this film has made. and of coursePaul Rudd is still funny as always.
ChancewiJul 8, 2018
It was a fun movie to watch, family’s loved it. Thank you for keeping the SJW crap out of this movie!
PeebothuhluJul 6, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A 'Good' film.

Pros: Good action sequences. Good dialogue. Every one puts their all into acting their character. Cons: A film in need of an actual 'Villain'. Ant-man had Yelow Jacket. This film needed 'Something'. Pacing. At no time, even with count downs and timers ticking over in the back ground, did anything feel critical or essential that an action be done 'Now'. The delivery of some of the jokes... enough misses that it becomes obvious. Possibly too much 'Jokey-ness' in the supporting cast. Ant-man is NOT and should never be 'Dead Pool Light'.
Player2-WaterJul 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. E-Value: 8
Acting: 9
Plot: 8

After being absent from Avengers: Infinity War, Ant Man returns for his own sequel movie and this time he is not alone. Joining him for the sequel is the first female superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to have her own name in the movie title (albeit sharing with Ant Man) is none other than the Wasp.

Two years after the events of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang/Ant Man (Rudd) is currently under house (as mentioned in Avengers: Infinity War) for helping the fugitive and war criminal, Captain America, in Germany. Meanwhile, Hope van Dyne (Lilly) have taken the mantle of Wasp and she along with her father, Dr. Hank Pym, built a tunnel to Quantum Realm to rescue Janet van Dyne who is the wife of Hank, mother of Hope and the original Wasp.

While under house arrest, Lang receives an apparent strange message from Janet, who he is quantumly entangled with. Despite only days left before his house arrest is lifted, Lang contacted Hank about the message and Hope recruited him for help to rescue her mother. Unknown to them, a mysterious villain named Ghost (John-Kamen), who has the power of phasing through objects get involved with them as she is seeking something to cure her unstable condition affected by quantum energy.

Compared to the first Ant Man movie, this sequel managed to the keep movie fun and totally enjoyable as the first one. What I really like about the movie is the humour portrayed in this movie especially from Michael Peña, who retained his sense of humour from the first movie. Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly have done a great job in their performance especially Lilly who successfully lived up to her role as the main lead character.

The movie is more light-hearted and heart-warming than Avengers: Infinity War, considering what happened at the end of that movie. Like always in a Marvel movie, you know the drill about the mid-credits and post-credits scenes.
The_Sm1l3Jul 6, 2018
A pretty good sequel, with a decent action and some good jokes.Recommended for viewing.
jclay34Jul 7, 2018
If you like the Ant-man movie from 2015 you will definitely enjoy Ant-man and the Wasp. Filled with action with a lot of comic parts in it. Evangeline Lilly really put her stamp on the Wasp. Ghost seem more of the antagonist than theIf you like the Ant-man movie from 2015 you will definitely enjoy Ant-man and the Wasp. Filled with action with a lot of comic parts in it. Evangeline Lilly really put her stamp on the Wasp. Ghost seem more of the antagonist than the villain. The 1st post credit scene linked itself to the Infinity wars. Also explain early in the movie why Ant-man was missing in action. Ant-man is Marvel’s most kid-friendly franchise in my opinion with its light tone throughout the movie. While Ghost abilities was great it fell short from the recent villains like from Thor, Black Panther, and Infinity wars, this movie is still worth the time to see. Expand
veredzJul 7, 2018
the movie gets a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000out of 10 , a must see
jacob4Jul 9, 2018
An enjoyable follow up sequel to the original filled with fun action, hilarious comedy, heart felt moments, and amazing tiny sized CGI. Ant-Man and The Wasp has likable characters you'll root for and laugh at until the end, an interesting butAn enjoyable follow up sequel to the original filled with fun action, hilarious comedy, heart felt moments, and amazing tiny sized CGI. Ant-Man and The Wasp has likable characters you'll root for and laugh at until the end, an interesting but compassionate super villain, and a fun thrilled adventure better than the last. Yet another great addition to the MCU and great family superhero movie for everyone! Expand
VadertimeJul 10, 2018
This was a funny, heart-warming, G-rated romp. It's really more about the Wasp and the Pym-Van-Dyne family. Richard Pena provided plenty of comic relief. The mid-credit scene totally caught me off guard.
bkristmanJul 6, 2018
Fast paced film about Hank Pym and his family with Ant Man thrown in with his posse as well to assist. Lots of running around,shrinking and growing things and a new villainesse to deal with.
The effects were tremendous. Quite a bit of humour
The effects were tremendous. Quite a bit of humour but i found with much of it the timing was off so it wasn't that effective.
The chemistry between Evangeline Lily and Paul Rudd is ok but not just there yet for me .
Don't even attempt to try to figure out the science of this film as it is silly even by comic sci-fi standards.
Worth a few watches though .
It fits into the Marvel Universe seamlessly. Stay to the very end of the credits.
Mitya64Jul 7, 2018
Хороший фильм. Отлично снято. Юмора меньше, чем в прошлой части. Но почти все в трейлере показали
Davrosdaleks1Jul 7, 2018
I liked this better than the first one. I found the plot to be better structured. Very funny throughout. Yeah, it might not have had quite the emotional gravitas as some previous Marvel films, but it was nice to see them doing something lightI liked this better than the first one. I found the plot to be better structured. Very funny throughout. Yeah, it might not have had quite the emotional gravitas as some previous Marvel films, but it was nice to see them doing something light and breezy that just entertains. However, I do admit that the film is a little longer than it needed to be, what with large portions of the plot just being action and gags.

Cast and characters remain great. (But who doesn't like Paul Rudd?) New characters here are equally fun. They really solved the muddled villain problem from the last film. This one includes two solid villains, one humorous and one sympathetic.

The film looks great, very colorful. All the shrinking, Ghost's phasing, and quantum realm effects really make this look like a comic book film. It was refreshing to see them still be creative with all the shrinking.

Especially after Infinity War, it's nice to have a fun, lightweight film the family can enjoy.
AvengersIWJul 6, 2018
Best movieBest movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
norseJul 21, 2018
Marvel keeps hitting it out of the ballpark - notably so with the less mainstream movies. The second Antman is even better than the first, with some really impressive writing. The authors managed to hit the balance between characterMarvel keeps hitting it out of the ballpark - notably so with the less mainstream movies. The second Antman is even better than the first, with some really impressive writing. The authors managed to hit the balance between character development, interaction, pure wit and drama just right. While the Avengers movies are at best average and the tv series are just abyssmal, Antman, Deadpool and Dr Strange as well as the most recent Thor movies and Guardians of the Galaxy are, well, marvels. Glad we went to see this one :) Expand
WaelAug 1, 2018
Funny and filled with rushes, "Ant-man and the Wasp" is one of those sequels that feel almost like an improvement from the first one. The performances are great (Paul Rudd is as funny as always, Michael Pena is hilarious, and Evangeline LilyFunny and filled with rushes, "Ant-man and the Wasp" is one of those sequels that feel almost like an improvement from the first one. The performances are great (Paul Rudd is as funny as always, Michael Pena is hilarious, and Evangeline Lily and Micheal Douglas knock it out of the park as well), and the storyline is solid and evolves nicely. Marvel has done it again, and Ant-man proves once again why it is (at least for me) one of the absolute best in the MCU. Expand
twall3Jul 9, 2018
Great movie, yet I was disappointed. I had read too many glowing user reviews - "better than the first one", "great from beginning to end", "SO funny!". In the end, my wife and I agreed we liked the first film more than this one. It WAS fun,Great movie, yet I was disappointed. I had read too many glowing user reviews - "better than the first one", "great from beginning to end", "SO funny!". In the end, my wife and I agreed we liked the first film more than this one. It WAS fun, and very good. Just not as non-stop funny or entertaining as my mind was anticipating thanks to the early reviews I read. I've recently learned to not watch trailers for films I really want to see. I guess I also need to stop reading reviews beforehand, too. Thanks to the directors, actors and other film makers for putting together a really fun movie. Each Marvel character is a great example for the rest of us that as you discover your God-given talents, bravely use them for the better of others. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJul 23, 2018
If you have seen Ant-Man in theaters back in 2015 and thought that was a fun blast of size changing, then you haven't seen the Wasp in her film debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ant-Man and the Wasp is guaranteed to be yet another funIf you have seen Ant-Man in theaters back in 2015 and thought that was a fun blast of size changing, then you haven't seen the Wasp in her film debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ant-Man and the Wasp is guaranteed to be yet another fun blast of size changing from Marvel. By the way, Marvel still hasn't fixed their major release date flaw with the first Ant-Man film by releasing directly right after an Avengers film (in that case, Age of Ultron). It's often the reason why the Ant-Man films often make less money at the box office. Expand
Creeper3455Jul 24, 2018
As of today,Marvel is continuing to knock everyone out of the park with their movies,and so,before entering the theater,I was both excited and reminding myself it was a funny superhero movie,which could’ve been a hard task tone-wise,given theAs of today,Marvel is continuing to knock everyone out of the park with their movies,and so,before entering the theater,I was both excited and reminding myself it was a funny superhero movie,which could’ve been a hard task tone-wise,given the (not really) sad momentum of Black Panther and Avengers Infinity War this year.
But luckily,Ant-Man And The Wasp not only surpasses the first one in basically everything (even the music),but manages to be a delirious time at the movies while still being a Marvel movie that follows the MCU's Path,with an ending that will destroy everyone feeling-wise.
Now,when I said it surpasses the first movie,it DOES improve everything and anything. (Like when you notice some errors in a Videogame Beta and the creators actually listen instead of downgrading everything) The Comedy has gotten a bit more creative (and funny) and it's impressive to look at. Oh,and of course Luis (played by Michael Peña) stole the show. Same thing for the Action (especially if you see this in IMAX 3D). As someone who has never seen the first one in 3D,this may be some of the best 3D I've seen in my life. Not only that,but the story has gotten a bit more fluid,whereas in the first Ant-Man it was a good time with a (kind of) disjointed story. The villain has also been improved. Instead of a dude in a much more powerful suit,we have a femme fatale who can “walk through walls and stuff” while having an interesting moral at the same time (like Killmonger).
Overall...wow… this must be really boring to not see any flaws in a Marvel movie (kind of, there's one I can't get into because Spoilers,although I can say it's about the Timeline),but at the same time,it must be surprising. The movie was a blast in the end and,for curiosity,as a sequel,makes it for one of Marvel’s more creative franchises that the studio should be proud of.
The_Man_XXJul 26, 2018
After Avengers: Infinity War I was worried that anything that would come after for Marvel would be underwhelming but I was wrong because AntMan and the wasp used the same formula as the last Ant man movie which was that it was a small storyAfter Avengers: Infinity War I was worried that anything that would come after for Marvel would be underwhelming but I was wrong because AntMan and the wasp used the same formula as the last Ant man movie which was that it was a small story and a family oriented story inside a superhero movie.
The Whole premise is Janet Van Dym Hank Pym's wife is trying to get saved from the Quantam while AntMan is underhouse arrest.The story was simple enough and built
Around it which is why it was so good.The first act was a tad slow but not boring is it set up where the characters are and had some fun action especially with the introduction of the Wasp.The second act was a kind of boring with the pace diping and nothing exciting happening.The third act picked up the pace and the chunk of the action was in the last 30 minutes so that was my favorite part.The villain or antagonist of the movie Ghost wasn't bad but not really that interesting she has a reason to be there but didn't add anything significant with the plot expect for fancy powers which made for good effects.Michael Douglas' performance amd Pual Rudd were the best characters in the movie as they were serious when needed to be and funny when needed to be.The Wasp as I said was cool with as a good enough performance from lilly.Michelle Pfeiffer did well in the role she was given and had good chemistry in the scenes she had with Michael Douglas.
Antman and the Wasp was funnier than the first one but of course its Marvel but It had some out of place humor that took away from the serious moments but of course again its Marvel.This had more action as well but mainly in the last 40 minutes or so because as I said the second act was mostly slow and kind of dragged on.
So what to take away from all of this is that Antman and the wasp is similar to Back to the Future its funny,has a story with a heart and just a plain fun blockbuster.
IdoshanyJul 19, 2018
Great movie with Great plot, and Great cast, great Execution and Great everything! If you like super heroes this is a must watch!
GrantD243Jul 23, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp picks up after Captain America: Civil War, and basically Scott isn't doing Ant-Man stuff anymore because he's under house arrest for two years due to his part in the airport fight. He still has the suit and everything,Ant-Man and the Wasp picks up after Captain America: Civil War, and basically Scott isn't doing Ant-Man stuff anymore because he's under house arrest for two years due to his part in the airport fight. He still has the suit and everything, but his days are primarily spent entertaining his daughter and helping Luis with their security company. Eventually, he has a vision of Dr. Pym's wife and he calls him, which results in Hope (the Wasp) knocking him out and bringing him to their lab because they want to rescue Mrs. Pym from the quantum realm. He then eventually gets back into the Ant-Man suit and that's where the film really kicks off. I found the story of this film to be completely and utterly okay. I was entertained. However, I think that this is one of the weakest Marvel stories that has been portrayed on the big screen since perhaps the first Ant-Man. Take Paul Rudd's humor out (which I really do enjoy) and this story is frankly kind of....meh. Our heroes spend a fairly large portion of the film trying to obtain a part of technology necessary to their mission, and then finding a spot to set up the lab and complete the mission, but the villain gives them some trouble along the way. The villain, while somewhat relatable, is once again weak and the other "bad guy" portrayed by Walton Goggins is about as cookie cutter as it gets. There's never really a sense of danger. The villains seem more like annoyances that the heroes have to deal with, and it's always known that they will complete their mission by the end of the story. I can respect that this film does seem fairly self-contained apart from the after-credits scene that ties it in to Avengers: Infinity War, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's just an okay story. Characters: I do really like the character of Scott Lang. His humor is very wholesome and genuine, and he is one of the more relatable heroes in the current MCU. Hope is also a solid partner for him both on missions as the Wasp and otherwise. Also, while a lot of people seem to really like Luis (Michael Pena), I can't stand him. I find him entirely unfunny, and every time he took control of a scene I was just waiting for him to be off screen. Overall: I had a good time watching Ant-Man and the Wasp. It provided what I have come to expect from Marvel films: entertainment. Is it fairly typical? Yeah. Will it go down as one of my favorite Marvel films? Nah. Expand
KonlinerJul 19, 2018
Interesting, humorous, and visually pleasing. It's a fine movie overall. There's nothing really special about it though.
Honest-YanJul 10, 2018
Ant man and the Wasp is a good, generally fun movie with good visual effects and no major pacing issues. It isn't breaking the mold or doing anything new, but it is fun if you like superhero movies. I think this is the first Marvel comicAnt man and the Wasp is a good, generally fun movie with good visual effects and no major pacing issues. It isn't breaking the mold or doing anything new, but it is fun if you like superhero movies. I think this is the first Marvel comic movie to have a female character in the title, if that sort of thing makes any difference to you. The trailer tells you everything you need to know about this movie, no surprises, an obligatory car chase and some scenarios involving growing and shrinking. Expand
StrongAnuragJul 21, 2018
Stunnig action by wasp and scott...but due to less screen time for hope mother i rate 8.0
duddy5698Jul 23, 2018
Nice core. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME. Highly recommend. Loooooooooooooooooooove it!
marcmyworksAug 4, 2018
The Ant-Man franchise is one that is in a smaller realm than the rest of the MCU, no pun intended. There is a lot going on here but none of it really compelling or with any real consequences. The best part of the film? The mid-credit scene.The Ant-Man franchise is one that is in a smaller realm than the rest of the MCU, no pun intended. There is a lot going on here but none of it really compelling or with any real consequences. The best part of the film? The mid-credit scene. Overall fun but not really great compared to the other Marvel films released in 2018. Expand
MrMovieBuffAug 2, 2018
(Now that the World Cup craze is over, UK audiences can now catch up with the world's mightiest - albeit small - superhero) 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' is a fun, silly, more contained adventure than what we have seen in the Marvel Cinematic(Now that the World Cup craze is over, UK audiences can now catch up with the world's mightiest - albeit small - superhero) 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' is a fun, silly, more contained adventure than what we have seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It feels more like a side-quest and/or spin-off film, at least compared to other solo movies from; 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (2014) to 'Black Panther' (2018). The movie very much takes place after the events of 'Captain America: Civil War' (2016) where Scott Lang (a very likeable and charming Paul Rudd) is under house arrest, with an ankle bracelet provided by the government so they can keep a close eye on him. He tries to be a good father to his daughter, but his actions in Berlin, where he helped "The Captain" break more than 100 laws can make living a quiet life, not that quiet. Meanwhile, Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and his daughter, Hope (Evangeline Lily) are speculating about creating a piece of technology to safely transport them to the Quantum Realm, where they are hoping to find Hope's mother, Janet (Michelle Pfeiffer), after she shrunk herself almost 30 years ago, and was presumed dead. But, they are not giving up. To keep it short, this is mostly a fun superhero flick. It is definitely the perfect "antidote" for MCU fans after 'Avengers: Infinity War' (2018) being too "dour", "depressing" and just "dark". This will - without a doubt - put a smile on your face, and you can sit back and relax and just watch the crazy action scenes involving a lot of surprising creativity with people and objects growing and shrinking. Lily taking on the mantle of The Wasp and teaming up with Scott's Ant-Man definitely works, Rudd and Lily's chemistry adds a lot to this film. The action, especially one chase scene, is exhilarating and a joy to watch. The biggest downside to this film is its villains (yes, there's more than one). Considering we had Killmonger in 'Black Panther' (2018) and the great Thanos in 'Avengers: Infinity War' (2018), Marvel was stepping up their villain game, something they had trouble with in the past. The villains here are rather forgettable. One of them, in particular, seems unnecessary to the entire story, but what can you do?

All in all, this is Marvel, once again, going back to their fun roots. 'Black Panther' (2018) took things too seriously, and 'Avengers: Infinity War' (2018) set us on a dark path. The creative action, and the humor-filled chemistry between Rudd and Lily will definitely make this one worth-watching.
PanchogulJul 18, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es una pelicula muy divertida, simpática, espontánea y agradable, se disfruta en todo momento y aquella escena en medio de los créditos es de infarto, muy recomendable. Expand
miccaelAug 1, 2018
AWESOME movie! exactly how I thought will be. Interesting twist on villain, not best but interesting. Quite happy movie with ... expected ending if you watched Infinity War.
i think this time around jokes worked very well and the action,
i think this time around jokes worked very well and the action, movie logic was also very well made! i was laughing quite a lot with group of strangers in cinema.
MasterRileyAug 6, 2018
Ant-Man and The Wasp is just as great as the original, maybe better? It has fantastic comedy as usual in the MCU, with a few truly laugh out loud moments. It has a well written story and solid acting from everyone, creative and entertainingAnt-Man and The Wasp is just as great as the original, maybe better? It has fantastic comedy as usual in the MCU, with a few truly laugh out loud moments. It has a well written story and solid acting from everyone, creative and entertaining action sequences, and a shocking ending that will keep you thinking about what will happen next. Expand
4zaAug 2, 2018
The bad plot in this movie is made up for by the charm that the actors bring to the movie. While not their best performance, Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, Michael Pena, Michael Douglass and Walton Goggins all bring a fun performance to theThe bad plot in this movie is made up for by the charm that the actors bring to the movie. While not their best performance, Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, Michael Pena, Michael Douglass and Walton Goggins all bring a fun performance to the movie. While the action could have been more inventive, it's fun for what we're given. Expand
thefilmfascistJul 12, 2018
While Ant-Man And The Wasp is a great fun action flick, it just doesn't quite manage to capture the magic of the first. It's unfortunate because Paul Rudd is really giving it his all and others(Michael Douglas)feel like they're phoning it in.While Ant-Man And The Wasp is a great fun action flick, it just doesn't quite manage to capture the magic of the first. It's unfortunate because Paul Rudd is really giving it his all and others(Michael Douglas)feel like they're phoning it in. The villain is sub-par, but it does lead to a great callback to a classic Ant-Man antagonist. This film is very relaxed and doesn't feel as intense and vital as Avengers: Infinity War. Expand
Movie3Aug 1, 2018
This makes me continue to love the Marvel series. They've done so many good moves and this one is no exception. Excellent! ...that mid credit scene though... O_O!!!
starflixJul 18, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Download or Streaming Movie Online
Join us Video https://youtu.be/8axpqYPFxSs
criticssuckdickAug 3, 2018
This movie is good but...
Why does ant-man need a sequel?
That's liking giving doctor strange a sequel, it doesn't really need one in my opinion.
AntmanfanAug 8, 2018
an than and the wasp was great and I thought it was of the best movies of the summer.
OH_RickNMortyAug 12, 2018
Overall, it was a very good film. The only thing I disliked and disagreed with is the constant monitoring of Lang by the FBI. The many house raids/searches was overused, and took up more time than it should of done. 7/10.
CooperftzAug 16, 2018
The first half of the movie felt a little wired, but than kicked into high gear with very entertaining and hilarious action scenes.