8.3

1. TeresaL.
    Oct 5, 2009
    This movie is so moving...a true testament to the human spirit. I am so thrilled that Anvil is getting the recognition that they definitely deserve. Fantastic movie. Just purchased my signed copy of the dvd. Long Live Anvil!!!!!
  2. LyleS.
    Oct 6, 2009
    This is the best rock movie of all time - it is the essence of love for rock.
  3. MaciejMojo
    May 2, 2009
    I thought it was a fantastically made film. Entertaining yet it actually tugged at your heart strings in a very genuine and non-too sappy way. You really do root for these guys because they may be the most real individuals that have ever been captured on film.
  4. NickE
    Jul 3, 2009
    This was genuinely one of the best films I've seen. The guys from Anvil have the most heart and drive of anyone I've ever seen, and it's astounding. Struggle, hardship, but also perseverance and friendship, this movie is a real treat. Rock on Anvil!
  5. SteveH
    May 2, 2009
    This documentary will keep interested throughout the movie. It's all about friendship and the dream
  6. KellyP
    May 15, 2009
    We're still talking about Anvil a month later! It's the best kind of movie - the kind that stays with you. You don't have to be a headbanger to thoroughly enjoy it.
  7. AdamV
    May 31, 2009
    One of the best movies I have ever seen -- documentary, feature, short subject. Funny, sad, poignant, moving, and real. A great achievement.
  8. NachoC
    May 3, 2009
    A true gem of a film. Its really a test of the human spirit, even though these guys had hit rock bottom and there was no rope to climb to get back up, they perused their dreams. Brought me and my mother to tears, honestly a masterpiece. I recommend it to anyone who has a "unreachable" dream.
  9. JoshB
    Apr 22, 2009
    Easily one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. It's one of those docs where you have trouble believing that the people and events are real.
  10. BenM
    Aug 16, 2009
    This gets a full 10 points - you can't lose with this film, it will stick with you. And I've got to say the music was pretty damn good too.
  11. Feb 12, 2013
    This documentary was truly moving, it gave a perfect example of what bands really go through to "get to the top". You are rooting for them throughout!

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Well-shot and edited, Anvil! is an underdog saga even non-metalheads will root for. It tows that fine line between chuckling at its protags' somewhat absurd situation and celebrating their sheer unwillingness to give up.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Toy
    The lyrics to AC/DC’s Long Way To The Top were never more appropriate. Anvil! is exactly what's needed to slap the recent rash of doomsayer documentaries in the face -- preferably with a studded, fingerless leather glove.
  3. Surprisingly touching and funny.