8.8

1. osh
    Dec 22, 2012
    Apocalypse Now was bizarre, and I didn't understand it or enjoy it. I got the feeling that it was supposed to be the skewed memories of a mentally ill soldier's experiences in the Vietnam War, and it was somewhat interesting in that light, but that aspect didn't keep me interested for the entire two-and-a-half-hour running time. It was slow, weird, and boring at parts, and at others it was too fast and saturated with ridiculous action shots. The entire thing, though, was confusing to me. Every character seemed to act so strangely with no given explanation as to why, and while this would make sense if the movie was indeed shown through the eyes of a madman (or if everyone was a madman), it was still be frustrating to watch. There were also lots of fireworks posing as rockets and gunfire, and there was a good deal of cheesy synthesizer music that didn't help the movie. I couldn't find much to actually enjoy or appreciate in Apocalypse Now. I seem to be a small minority in my opinion of this film, I do realize, but I just want to make my voice heard so new viewers don't think that this movie's supposed "universal acclaim" is actually universal. Collapse
  2. Jan 11, 2013
    This movie is really boring and made me sleep in 10 seconds. Its just a bunch of poor Japanese getting nuked by Americans. Really, no point of watching it.

Such gorgeous explosions, such a terrible vision, such an amazing work of art. Go. Now.
    One of the great films of all time. It shames modern Hollywood's timidity. To watch it is to feel yourself lifted up to the heights where the cinema can take you, but so rarely does.
  3. Better in certain ways than the original "Apocalypse Now," though the flaws are also magnified.