6.2

1. Jul 5, 2014
    What a beautiful movie. It's heartbreaking, it's visually fantastic and very curious. The acting is top-notch, the story is interesting and overall, a great film.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    Brilliant movie. Kubrick's mind was a special place. And to have Speilberg finish his last project after death, is the combination of two of the most gifted visionaries in cinema. A futuristic tale of a robot boy programmed to love, seeks love and the "blue fairy," that will make him a real live boy.
  3. Feb 19, 2011
    One of the best films I have ever seen. They could have cut the end back but what fantastic acting and thoughtful plots... I can't understand why someone

What we're left with -- Kubrick or no -- is a muddled, messy disaster of a film, something that seems more like a drastically edited miniseries, cut down to incomprehensible levels with whole sections missing.
  2. Pure magic, a three-act movie fantasy that transports us -- as the best films do -- to a world of its own, a place of ambiguous joy and delirious terror.
  3. Audiences may find that the deliberate, Kubrickesque pacing -- without his intellectual rigor -- causes them to tune out.