6.2

1. Jul 16, 2013
    Bad movie, just pointless. All the story is so unnatural, so forced. How the family reacts with the boy and the robot is without sense. I cant belive why that movie are so overrated.
  2. May 24, 2013
    Far from being the complete disaster of a movie that some would have you believe A.I certainly gets many things right. The plot, revolving around the ability to produce life-like artificial children, is certainly an interesting concept and the film does on occasions raise some interesting questions The performances, particularly from Hayley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense), are also veryFar from being the complete disaster of a movie that some would have you believe A.I certainly gets many things right. The plot, revolving around the ability to produce life-like artificial children, is certainly an interesting concept and the film does on occasions raise some interesting questions The performances, particularly from Hayley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense), are also very good.

As a result, despite coming across as a little disjointed in places, A.I is a more than passable piece of sci-fi for the much of its running time. Unfortunately many viewers will remember only the apparently rushed and poorly explained ending and the fact that Spielberg has gone online to help clear it up speaks volumes for how it was received.
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    A.I. is quite possibly the strangest and most disturbing movie I've ever seen. The special effects and the teddy bear were cool as hell, but the whole story was just freaking creepy.

What we're left with -- Kubrick or no -- is a muddled, messy disaster of a film, something that seems more like a drastically edited miniseries, cut down to incomprehensible levels with whole sections missing.
  2. Pure magic, a three-act movie fantasy that transports us -- as the best films do -- to a world of its own, a place of ambiguous joy and delirious terror.
  3. Audiences may find that the deliberate, Kubrickesque pacing -- without his intellectual rigor -- causes them to tune out.