6.5

1. AnnaR.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Really great movie. I loved Fat B*****d, Mini Me played a great part when he moved to the good side, Beyonce and of course, Mike Myers. [***SPOILERS***] I loved the fight scene between Mini Me (who wanted to tell Austin he turned to the good side) and Austin! Really recommend this movie!
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    It's pointless to make such a inane sequel from a unorganized franchise. Yes, i'm talking about Austin Powers.
  3. Katherine
    Aug 8, 2006
    I liked the first one. Loved the second one, but this one? Not at all. I hated this one. I found it kind of gross. It did'nt have it's same humore. They could have done better, and like I said, it was really gross.
  4. JoelC.
    Jul 31, 2009
    Not as good as the other two, for sure. But that's expected. Automatic 0 for score balancing enforced. Please continue to the next user review.
  5. KarineC.
    Dec 6, 2002
    What a disapointment, I struggled to watch it until the end (I was pointlessly expecting it to get better). It didn't even feel like a movie, more like a string of bad sketches; it was embarrassingly unfunny. What's the point of doing the gross-out part if you skip the humor? As a huge fan of the two first Austin Powers movies, I just hope that this colossal bomb will prevent What a disapointment, I struggled to watch it until the end (I was pointlessly expecting it to get better). It didn't even feel like a movie, more like a string of bad sketches; it was embarrassingly unfunny. What's the point of doing the gross-out part if you skip the humor? As a huge fan of the two first Austin Powers movies, I just hope that this colossal bomb will prevent other stinkers to further defile Austin Powers' name! And what the ? was Fred Savage doing in there ? Expand
  6. DennisP.
    Dec 7, 2002
    This movie should have been rated RESTRICTED-No one over 9 years old admitted.
  7. Oct 26, 2010
    alot of stars pop in to make cameos in this third installment along with alot of the old jokes from the last 2 films . im starting to feel like im waching airplane 2 now. theres still some funny moments in this film but recycling your jokes 3x in a row just isnt funny.
  8. RobertH.
    Jul 30, 2002
    Howard M relax. This flick was nothing more than a good natured satire of today's Pepsi Twist world. If you look closely you could see the commercials written all over this. This movie was not intended to stimulate our intellect. It is tongue in cheek good fun using juvenile toilet humor. Take it for what it is. Yeah baby!
  9. JoshuaW.
    Aug 16, 2002
    There were some hysterical scenes but this film just didn't live up to the previous "Austin Powers" films for me. First it had a horrible leading lady, which isn't really a fair assessment since Miss Knowles had very few lines and little scene time. Unlike the previous love interests of Powers she had an underdeveloped, barely on-the-screne role in this film. Also, Scott Evil There were some hysterical scenes but this film just didn't live up to the previous "Austin Powers" films for me. First it had a horrible leading lady, which isn't really a fair assessment since Miss Knowles had very few lines and little scene time. Unlike the previous love interests of Powers she had an underdeveloped, barely on-the-screne role in this film. Also, Scott Evil was poorly used. In the previous movies Seth Green stole every scene he was in and his back and forth dialogue with Myers as Dr. Evil were always a highlight for me in the films. I know I'm being something of a whiner but I really thought this movie was going to be better than it was. The first two films were nothing short of excellant but it looks as though Myers may have run out of steam with this franchise, which is something I had hoped would never happen. Expand
  10. TonyB.
    Aug 2, 2002
    Too funny. Like "Something About Mary" there will be those who love it and those who deplore it (not much in the middle). I laughed more during this movie than any in a long time. All the surprises were great! Yeah, Baby, Yeeaahh.
  11. ZiggyStardust
    Dec 8, 2002
    Disappointing, but still entertaining and funny.
  12. JackD.
    Aug 5, 2002
    It is one of those movies that you laugh at while watching it and then criticize it afterwards. The big problem is too much repetition of the same type of jokes..and the lack of story. The Fat Bastard segment could have been removed or cut down...he sounds just like Shrek. It is definitely hit and miss with the gags. (Better luck next time ...will they call it Austin Powers in Thunderballs?)
  13. BrianP.
    Aug 8, 2002
    Not nearly as good as the first two films. After the second one, I knew Mike Myers was running out of ideas. This confirmed my suspicions. There were opportunities for very funny sequences, like when Dr. Evil and Mini-Me are in prison, but Myers took the easy way out, going for cheap gags and giving the audience a product of questionable quality. Michael Caine and Robert Wagner were very Not nearly as good as the first two films. After the second one, I knew Mike Myers was running out of ideas. This confirmed my suspicions. There were opportunities for very funny sequences, like when Dr. Evil and Mini-Me are in prison, but Myers took the easy way out, going for cheap gags and giving the audience a product of questionable quality. Michael Caine and Robert Wagner were very neglected. There were parts that I found very funny, but there were too many parts that were, quite simply, bad. Expand
  14. TimA.
    Sep 20, 2002
    Now this is what you call a movie. The funniest of all. Mike Myers is the funniest guy, should get an award!
  15. BrianC.
    Jan 9, 2003
    "Incredibly original?!?" Anybody who saw the first 2 movies has essentially seen all these gags before (shadow gags; wrestling a midget, the banter between Dr. Evil and Scott, etc. etc, etc.) Some of this was at least original the FIRST time around. But when somebody starts recycling their own jokes, it's just lame. This movie is by far the poorest of the three. Don't bother. I "Incredibly original?!?" Anybody who saw the first 2 movies has essentially seen all these gags before (shadow gags; wrestling a midget, the banter between Dr. Evil and Scott, etc. etc, etc.) Some of this was at least original the FIRST time around. But when somebody starts recycling their own jokes, it's just lame. This movie is by far the poorest of the three. Don't bother. I gave it a 4 based on the two things it clearly had going for it. Beyonce's melons, baby! Worth two points each. Yes they barely developed her character but she's nicely developed. (FYI - If you think that comment's juvenile, you might not appreciate all the "poo-poo" jokes and other 10-year old humor of this movie anyway.) Expand
  16. SamM.
    Aug 10, 2003
    Very good film , very shagadelic. i like it i like it a lot.
  17. ErikaM.
    Nov 10, 2002
    I thought this movie was great. maybe not the funniest Austin Powers movie but defienitly good. i laughed the whole time!
  18. RyanM.
    Oct 25, 2002
    Never funny, but beyond that it's never even close to funny. Unqestionably one of the dumbest (and not in a good way) movies ever.
  19. JonahB.
    Jul 28, 2002
    Goldmember is, while not a comic goldmine like 'Shrek' or 'Meet the Parents', the best Austin Powers movie to date. Anyway, the first ten minutes alone is worth the price of your ticket.
  20. U.S.
    I like it! Yeah baby!
  21. JeffM.
    Aug 16, 2002
    Essentially a do-over of the second one with the addition of a few characters. Myers is clearly having a ball expanding these characters each time out, and he wins you over with his I-don't-care-if-you-find-this-funny-but-everyone-on-the-set-is-pissing-themselves-laughing style of humour.
  22. RobertB.
    Aug 3, 2002
    It was a funny, funny movie that i laughed to until the end. Funnier and more original than the first two. Be sure to watch this movie!
  23. JulianG.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Nope. It shoots an absolute barrage and misses by a mile. I would say there are a grand total of three funny moments in this movie, truly funny. The beginning is hilarious, no doubt. There was one part in the middle with Fat Bastard where I actually did laugh out loud. And the end was the same thing as the beginning except it was still funny. In between there? A bunch of too blatant Nope. It shoots an absolute barrage and misses by a mile. I would say there are a grand total of three funny moments in this movie, truly funny. The beginning is hilarious, no doubt. There was one part in the middle with Fat Bastard where I actually did laugh out loud. And the end was the same thing as the beginning except it was still funny. In between there? A bunch of too blatant references to the previous films' jokes, and then -this is what I hate-- it explains the jokes it just took from the previous films. It takes away all meaning from the cracks of the series if in the third installment it has to explain them as if no one figured them out the first time, and that tires the cracks completely. Beyonce is very charming and does a good job, but isn't given any lines that would make a single person in the theater laugh. The new jokes that will soon become trademarks of the series did not make a single person in the theater laugh, they just weren't clever, they were stupid, and often times just plain disgusting. Mike Myers misunderstood what made toilet humor funny in previous editions, it wasn't the disgusting things he was writing, it was the proud way they were said by Fat Bastard and such that made them funny, so he just threw them in with everybody this time. Minime is made such a spectacle of in this movie that his character is lost and not a single thing that was funny about him appears in this movie. I liked Ben Savage in this movie. All in all, the funny parts of this movie are the cameos (which are countless) because it's always funny to see that a franchise becomes so popular that certain sophisticated people would appear in it, so that was clever. With a few stupid musical numbers that make no sense in their appearance, and for some reason an over-abundance of sentimental moments that are just unpleasant and aren't even attempting to be funny, that's a solid hour and ten minutes of an hour and a half of film that weren't funny. The series can still be saved by getting back on it's tracks of the previous movies, so I'm hoping they'll do that if there's another installment, instead of trying to go as over the top as possible. Expand
  24. JangoF.
    Aug 4, 2002
    So funny, in a stupid sort of way. But that's the point.
  25. Jkasound
    Aug 4, 2002
    Even when he reuses jokes he gets a joke out of the reuse! Brilliant
  26. NolanB.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Not in the same league as the first two, but still very funny.
  27. NigelP.
    Sep 2, 2002
    This is the funniest movie of all time. Period. I love the Austin Powers movies especially because of their careful use of shadows and object placement to create hilarious gags. Awesome movie, the rap video is FREAKING HILARIOUS! THE FUNNIEST MOMENT IN MOVIE HISTORY! If you STILL haven't seen this movie, then go see it. NOW!!!!
  28. Lyndsey
    Sep 6, 2002
    Fun, funny, worth seeing.
  29. JacobH.
    Oct 8, 2003
    AWESOME.
  30. R.Dalvi
    Apr 23, 2006
    Painfully and outrageously funny. Mini Me, Austin and Dr. Evil are the best characters already. Now, Number 3, Nigel Powers and Goldmember join the list. The starting sequence is the best.
  31. Missy
    Oct 11, 2002
    It rules.
  32. BenH.
    Dec 5, 2002
    Hilariously funny, unless your the type to take offense to something thats not incredibly original. This movie is a comedy and trust me you will laugh. If you dont- kill yourself cause you obviously have no sense of humor and whats life without a sense of humor? Mike Myers is a comic genius!!!!
  33. BennO.
    Oct 9, 2002
    I think this a great movie, but i'm sad to say that the 2nd one was better. Well who can't love an Austin Powers movie.
  34. LaurenD.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Groovy! A good light-hearted film. Lots of laughs and fun. It's not supposed to be taken seriously, so those who do take it too seriously (hmm CRITICS) wouldn't like it. If you have any sense of humor at all you'll like this movie a lot!
  35. DaveO.
    Jul 26, 2002
    This is a movie where you will find yourself laughing for a minute or two followed by 15 minutes of thinking "this would be so funny if I were still in high school" then another minute of laughing. It has its moments, both good and bad. Beyonce is so F**'n fine!!!
  36. TomJ.
    Jul 26, 2002
    I was laughing just as hard as ever in this one. Myers knew he had to throw a few surprises to keep everyone on their toes, and he kept me laughing through the entire movie.
  37. AppleH.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah baby, Austin is back along with his lovable nemesis, Dr. Evil, Mini-Me, Fat Bastard and all the rest. If you want to shag a good time for all, then this is the flick for you. Yeah baby lots of laughs!
  38. StanleyC.
    Groovy Baby.
  39. CharlesM.
    Jul 27, 2002
    Myers isn't just "sending up" the sixties, he's poking fun at the whole "Hollywood" medium. Everything from "Singin' In The Rain" to "Rap", Brit Spears to multi-million $ "action" movies, is fair game, & Mike takes no prisoners!
  40. Rob
    Jul 29, 2002
    The first ten minutes will have you laughing hysterically, using many A-list actors, actresses, a singer (no, she doesn't count as an actress) and even a director. After the plot begins to unfold, there is awkward period of about ten minutes where not much is happening...but I got over it. If you can get over the general lack of a plot and accept this film for what it is - a The first ten minutes will have you laughing hysterically, using many A-list actors, actresses, a singer (no, she doesn't count as an actress) and even a director. After the plot begins to unfold, there is awkward period of about ten minutes where not much is happening...but I got over it. If you can get over the general lack of a plot and accept this film for what it is - a brilliant, immature, toilet-humored comedy - then you will absolutely love this movie. The expanded role of Mini-Me makes this movie a blast. The only problem is that Mini-Me is getting more screen time at the expense of Dr. Evil. Don't fret - his lines are as memorable in this issues as they were in the first two. And, who can forget Fat Bastard?? The larda$$ makes his presence felt in more ways than one. Expand
  41. HowardM.
    Jul 29, 2002
    Apart from a few clever moments at the beginning, this is a pandering, lowbrow, dung heap of a movie. If not for Beyonce's considerable charms, this flick would be unwatchable. Seth Green doing his Dr. Evil impression near the end of the movie is some of the worst acting I've seen outside of a junior high school play. And the idea that big box office is a measure of this (or Apart from a few clever moments at the beginning, this is a pandering, lowbrow, dung heap of a movie. If not for Beyonce's considerable charms, this flick would be unwatchable. Seth Green doing his Dr. Evil impression near the end of the movie is some of the worst acting I've seen outside of a junior high school play. And the idea that big box office is a measure of this (or any) film's quality is ridiculous. By that measure, Titanic is the greatest movie ever made? I don't think so. Hollywood should be ashamed of itself for cranking out such garbage. Expand
  42. RaymondS.
    Jul 30, 2002
    That was the funniest sh.. I have ever seen. It made me laugh so hard I couldn't even breathe. I thought I was going to die.
  43. KellyE.
    GREAT MOVIE!!!
  44. EricS.
    Aug 10, 2002
    As an astute filmgoer, I was shocked to discover how much I loved "Goldmember." The reason the potty humor scenes work is because they're played by loveable characters. The first fifteen minutes of star cameos are as funny as anything Mike Myers has ever written. Not a great movie, but a hilarious and jovial one.
  45. JayD.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Another hilarious entry -- of course its utterly stupid and rehashed; thats the point.
  46. HubbaBee
    Aug 12, 2002
    This is the first Austin Powers movie I've seen. I went into it thinking it was going to be just plain silly and stupid. Which it was. But there was a creative cleverness about it especially in the opening sequence and some of the dancing and singing. I could have done without the ultra crude juvenile parts however. Too much reference to body parts and their functions. But what would This is the first Austin Powers movie I've seen. I went into it thinking it was going to be just plain silly and stupid. Which it was. But there was a creative cleverness about it especially in the opening sequence and some of the dancing and singing. I could have done without the ultra crude juvenile parts however. Too much reference to body parts and their functions. But what would the movie have been like without that? Expand
  47. SteveK.
    Aug 20, 2002
    I just laughed my way through this movie with friends then spent the rest of the evening rehashing the funny parts (of which there were ample) and laughing again. What a great time. I was primed for a movie that was just a rehashing of the other two. I was not prepared for the completely original ways in which the earlier films were spoofed. Far from running on bad ideas (or running out I just laughed my way through this movie with friends then spent the rest of the evening rehashing the funny parts (of which there were ample) and laughing again. What a great time. I was primed for a movie that was just a rehashing of the other two. I was not prepared for the completely original ways in which the earlier films were spoofed. Far from running on bad ideas (or running out of ideas), Myers is working with his creative juices at full froth. This movie is full of the same kind of satire that makes The Simpsons work. I cannot recall how many films and themes were spoofed overtly or subtlely but the humor seemed to come at a steady pace throughout the movie. I am always surprised at how some people do not like the things that make me laugh a lot. I don't think my father would like this movie unless I was there to point out why it was being funny. But if you are tuned into the frequency of humor of the AP series, it doesn't get much better. Well worth the cost of the babysitter for us. Expand
  48. APFan
    Aug 3, 2002
    Mike Meyers is a comedic genius. This is possibly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen-- as good as AP 1 & 2 combined. Granted, some jokes were not funny. But what is funny is what matters. I was laughing through most of the movie, I loved it...definitely a summer must see.
  49. BlancoA.
    Aug 3, 2002
    The scene when Dr. Evil and Mini-Me go to jail and rap is hillariously funny... and Fat Bastard rocks as usual... Beyond that, the movie was pretty average.
  50. MatthewS.
    Aug 4, 2002
    The latest "Powers" movie just works--it's stupid but funny, which is all that you would expect anyway. A vast improvement on the second--and you have to love the way the movie sends up itself as much as it does everything else.
  51. AlishaV.
    Aug 5, 2002
    There was so much of the other two movies in this one. The same jokes just altered a bit. On the whole though I laughed like an idiot through this movie and would recommend it to anyone. Michael Caine is wonderful and Beynonce Knowles is pretty good in her own right.
  52. ManoJ.
    What a waste of time!
  53. ChadS.
    Aug 6, 2002
    Mike Myers has every right to do whatever he wants, but you sort of wish there was somebody in his camp that could've told him to leave Fat Bastard on the cutting room floor. This character is just not funny. Dr. Evil, on the other hand, continues to be hillarious, even when the bits fall flat, because there's always that voice Myers uses to make his albino antagonist come Mike Myers has every right to do whatever he wants, but you sort of wish there was somebody in his camp that could've told him to leave Fat Bastard on the cutting room floor. This character is just not funny. Dr. Evil, on the other hand, continues to be hillarious, even when the bits fall flat, because there's always that voice Myers uses to make his albino antagonist come alive. Goldmember, however, is neither funny, or repellant; just bizarre, much like a lot of this high-spirited and low-brow movie. You should see it with a full house. Expand
  54. RickJ.G.
    Sep 29, 2002
    It has it's moments, but "Goldmember" is a step down even from "The Spy Who Shagged Me." I get the feeling that maybe the original inspiration has run it's course. The original is the one that was missed at the box office. Now it's a money making series but it's not as good. If there is a fourth film, and we can't doubt there will be, I wish Myers would stick to It has it's moments, but "Goldmember" is a step down even from "The Spy Who Shagged Me." I get the feeling that maybe the original inspiration has run it's course. The original is the one that was missed at the box office. Now it's a money making series but it's not as good. If there is a fourth film, and we can't doubt there will be, I wish Myers would stick to the original premise of two stereotyped idiots from '60s Bond movies trying to adjust to life today. I don't care much for the time travel and gross out humor of the two most recent movies in the series. Expand
  55. Jeremy
    Oct 16, 2003
    A handful of moments are still laugh out loud funny, but Goldmember is an example of plowing a formerly succesful franchise to the ground when it has no place to go.
  56. EricC.
    Jan 16, 2003
    I think it was pretty good and it shouldn't be rated under a 6. It still could have been better if they had used a few clips from the deleted scenes which were pretty funny and/or original. Buy the DVD....NOW!
  57. RachaelP.
    Apr 30, 2004
    One of the funniest and BEST movies i've seen (that includes the whole series)...but it's definitely my favorite!!!
  58. AndrewM.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Myers is even sillier in this third AP installment, but again he gets away with it because he is simply so original and naturally funny. What I like about this film, as with the previous ones, is that you never know where it's going (heck, I doubt Myers did at times), which just seems to give it that exciting edge, a perfect balance for the blitz of comic inanity hurled at the Myers is even sillier in this third AP installment, but again he gets away with it because he is simply so original and naturally funny. What I like about this film, as with the previous ones, is that you never know where it's going (heck, I doubt Myers did at times), which just seems to give it that exciting edge, a perfect balance for the blitz of comic inanity hurled at the viewer. It's mostly outlandish, at times mildly disconcerting, against-the-odds inimitable, without doubt shrewd, and most important of all - just damn hilarious! Expand
  59. DaveC.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Although it offers a few seizure inducing moments of laughter, overall the film is the weakest of the three. Fat B*****d is just not funny anymore, Dr. Evil and Mini-me are beginning to get tiresome, Beyonce Knowles is useless and the presence of Michael Caine has never been so annoying since the Swarm.
  60. Mike
    Feb 14, 2005
    Best austin powers movie out of the 3! Very funny!
  61. AlexG.
    Apr 14, 2008
    What a riot! just as good as ever before if not better (actually not as good as the second one) but this is hilarious Goldmember stealing the show with his whitty accent and disgusting habits...it's just a shame it looks like the end for them or is it? Scott is after Austin now.
  62. Kong
    Dec 28, 2002
    This is the only Austin Powers movie that i could seriously laugh at, because everyone was quoting all of the lines from the first two before I had even seen it. While others might not think its as funny as the last two I'd have to go out on a limb and say 4 Mike Myers characters are better than 3.
  63. J.R.
    Dec 29, 2002
    Great this isn't, but it has a certain charm about it.
  64. SamP.
    Dec 4, 2002
    Yes I did laugh during "Austin Powers in Goldmember". I am embarrased to admit it, but yes I laughed. I had two geniune chuckles in this film. During the beginning cameo sequence and the Dr. Evil rap, which in my opinion is the funniest of the two. But other than that the movie was soo awful!!!! This movie was by far the worst at displaying the series' fantastic supporting Yes I did laugh during "Austin Powers in Goldmember". I am embarrased to admit it, but yes I laughed. I had two geniune chuckles in this film. During the beginning cameo sequence and the Dr. Evil rap, which in my opinion is the funniest of the two. But other than that the movie was soo awful!!!! This movie was by far the worst at displaying the series' fantastic supporting characters. I mean everyone agrees w/ me when I say Dr. Evil is better than the shagadelic Austin. But this wouldn't be so if it wasn't for Scott and Mini-Me. They were brilliantly portrayed in the 1st and 2nd movies. But in this they're hardly used at all! About the time when Scott befriended his dad and Mini-Me was referred to as a "kick-stand" I knew all was lost for the characters! In the past this series strong suit was Mikes inventiveness w/ creating new characters. Here, Foxxy is good but underdeveloped , Nigel Powers was a great idea but something about seeing Micheal Caine in bed w/ three girls half his age does NOT seem right, and Goldmember, who shouldve been the strongest of the three, turned out to be not only UNFUNNY but kind of sick. I know I'm criticizing "Goldmember " like its a serious drama but thier is just too much to criticize! It was THAT bad! Although the marquees claim that this film is "SOLID GOLD" I seem to think that it's only gold-plated! Collapse
  65. SteveD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    Third verse same as the first... The movie is actually pretty good when Myers isn't onscreen. Unfortunately, since he plays four different characters, that time spans about five minutes. One of the only funny gags was mocking how just about every joke in the movie was in one of the first two. Thanks guys, that was funny, but next time try to actually come up with something new. Third verse same as the first... The movie is actually pretty good when Myers isn't onscreen. Unfortunately, since he plays four different characters, that time spans about five minutes. One of the only funny gags was mocking how just about every joke in the movie was in one of the first two. Thanks guys, that was funny, but next time try to actually come up with something new. It's a shame, too, because the first one was actually pretty darned hilarious at times. Expand
  66. BrianK.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Hilarious as always, the Austin Powers series is still the best comedy series ever! Though this one is a bit more inconsistent with the laughs than the two previous, and I did not like goldmembers character much, the audience though younger than me did not ever laugh at this bawdy, skin-eaters inane lines, though Mike Caine was a nice edition, still there were parts in this movie that put Hilarious as always, the Austin Powers series is still the best comedy series ever! Though this one is a bit more inconsistent with the laughs than the two previous, and I did not like goldmembers character much, the audience though younger than me did not ever laugh at this bawdy, skin-eaters inane lines, though Mike Caine was a nice edition, still there were parts in this movie that put me in tears while laughing myself silly, this one really pushes the envelope in the gross-out factor and almost treads into R territory in some parts with its low brow humor! which is genius! there is a lot that has been done before here, but just enough inovative stuff crammed into it to once again make this movie a grand, fresh affair...look out for lots of hilarious cameos! I won't ruin the surprises it's TOO good! Expand
  67. EmmettR.
    Jul 26, 2002
    Certainly the worst "big" movie released this year, and quite possibly the worst movie ever made. Certainly the most self-centered and self-indulgent.
  68. Rocky
    Jul 27, 2002
    This is a remake of the same jokes in the first and second movie, but less funny the third time. There are a few laughs (mini me steals the show) but not a fraction of either Austin 1 or 2. I recommend waiting for the video for this one!
  69. JackE.O.
    Jul 27, 2002
    This rating is for the pinhead who wrote these words: "It's not supposed to be taken seriously, so those who do take it too seriously (hmm CRITICS) wouldn't like it." Earth to fool: we are ALL critics. All movies, even comedies, are meant to be taken seriously. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL is pure lunacy, comedy bits weakly strong together, but unlike SPY WHO SHAGGED ME, ties This rating is for the pinhead who wrote these words: "It's not supposed to be taken seriously, so those who do take it too seriously (hmm CRITICS) wouldn't like it." Earth to fool: we are ALL critics. All movies, even comedies, are meant to be taken seriously. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL is pure lunacy, comedy bits weakly strong together, but unlike SPY WHO SHAGGED ME, ties together somehow in an inventive, intelligent, pleasing way. The first Austin Powers is well written, clever, hilarious, rude, goofy-- you name it. The sequel blew chunks, and it spewed because it DIDN'T take itself at all seriously. It knew it sucked, and hoped that you'd forgive it because it.. what.. wasn't meant to be good? Be serious. Expand
  70. Jonathon
    Jul 27, 2002
    People said this was "pure gold", well just think the opposite. I was disappointed at this pathetic comedic sequel, and it ended pretty bad. I have to say, acting was horrible, and the plot was fast (not in a good way) and was just horrible. What ever happened to Heather Graham's character (I'm glad she wasn't in this)? The good thing about this movie is sexy Beyonce People said this was "pure gold", well just think the opposite. I was disappointed at this pathetic comedic sequel, and it ended pretty bad. I have to say, acting was horrible, and the plot was fast (not in a good way) and was just horrible. What ever happened to Heather Graham's character (I'm glad she wasn't in this)? The good thing about this movie is sexy Beyonce Knowles, who was pretty funny and better looking than all of the AP girls. Please, ignore this movie. I upset that my money help them movie on the box office! Expand
    Jul 27, 2002
    The best, funniest movie of the trilogy of Austin Powers. Best movie of the summer. YEAH BABY!
  72. WRU.
    Jul 28, 2002
    The first movie was original and funny, the 2nd was derivative, but still quite amusing. This latest installment is clearly on cruise control, it's by far the least humorous of the 3, but still manages a few (very few) good laughs. Overall I would not recommend it, but probably worth a DVD rental when it comes out in a few months.
  73. MikeyM.
    Jul 31, 2002
    Laugh out loud fun, will make you forget all your worries for an Hour and a half at least. Sure, some of the stuff is covered over again but it's hit more than miss. I haven't laughed this much in a long time.
  74. AaronE.
    Jul 31, 2002
    This film does a pretty good job of living up to the Austin Powers reputation for a gut busting comedy full of Toilet humor. The movie starts of great, followed by a 20 min. drought of nothing, but picks back up to be one of the funniest movies yet.
  75. MarcK.
    Aug 11, 2002
    Loved the first one, strongly disliked the second one, but I thought I would give this one a chance. Big mistake. One of the worst films of the year. How much potty humor and dick humor can there be in one movie before it's overkill? They will definitely NOT get my money for the 4th installment. The only thing good about this movie was Beyonce's killer abs!
  76. Matt
    Aug 12, 2002
    Very Unjointed movie. didn't like the part about making the austin powers movie. don't get me wrong i just about pissed my pants a couple times in the movie. over all some very funny scenes. but also some crap ones.
  77. Arthur
    Aug 16, 2002
    This is buy far the worst out of the three. I liked the first two, but this is a huge let-down. The first twenty minutes blew ass. Then it started to grab my attention but never got there. This movie just isn't funny. This series has officially run out of steam. Plus the sh*tty ass plot twists they put in it totally ruin the first two. If they came out with a sequel, I definItely This is buy far the worst out of the three. I liked the first two, but this is a huge let-down. The first twenty minutes blew ass. Then it started to grab my attention but never got there. This movie just isn't funny. This series has officially run out of steam. Plus the sh*tty ass plot twists they put in it totally ruin the first two. If they came out with a sequel, I definItely will not see it. Save your money, trust me. This movie blows. Expand
  78. RedPepper
    Aug 19, 2002
    Plain gross, anti-intelligent and noncreative. Worse than Beavis and Butthead. Mike Myers and his crew must be psychologically disturbed to produce this crap. Overall score in the series of three Funny - 3 : Gross - 35.
  79. KTM.
    Aug 28, 2002
    This is the best movie by far in the Austin Powers trilogy. I've already seen it three times and I'm still not tired of it. Mike Myers is a comic genius--Austin is shagadelic as usual, Dr. Evil has never been so funny, Goldmember is odd but grew on me and Fat Bastard is gross and hilarious with his extensive talks of his waste. I loved every gag!
  80. BrazenCritic
    Sep 18, 2002
    Some stuff was funny, but Austin Powers is clearly over the hill.
  81. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Annoying. Part 3.
  82. KatieM.
    Jun 24, 2003
    I thought this movie was awesome! I would have to say Austin Powers is the only series that gets better as it goes. I can't go through a day without quoting the movie in some way. My day just wouldn't be as fun without a quote from Austin Powers: Goldmemeber.
  83. AnnaG.
    Jul 26, 2003
    Absolute fun and grooviness! It is an excellent movie and I could watch it for days over and over again.
  84. JacquelineR.
    Sep 11, 2003
    This was a super hilarious movie, where I laughed outloud so many times, that I lost count!!!
  85. JayH
    Aug 27, 2009
    It's hard not to laugh at a lot of the material, it is so delightfully over the top, it's very entertaining and enjoyable. The appearance by major stars in cameo's is a great plus. Hilarious!
  86. Dec 15, 2011
    This is the best Austin Powers yet. It grabs your attention because of not only the great performances, but also the random comedy. The ending may surprise you.
  87. Dec 12, 2011
    It was better then the previous film but still no where near as good as it once was. I didnt like Beyonce at all and the film was boring at times and felt too dragged on. A below average comedy that could have been a lot better.
  88. Aug 31, 2014
    Of all possibilities, the Austin Powers franchise manages to redeem itself with its third installment. Goldmember is not only exciting but jokes actually hit. Not to mention a fun inclusion of Beyoncé.
  89. Nov 25, 2012
    Right from the beginning, this movie will grab fans of the first two 'Austin Powers' movies. However, there's a small matter of what follows after the cold opening. And that's where this flick seems to fall apart. Continuing the trend of sexual innuendo (funny during the first two, merely 'filler' in this one) and gross-out scenes (funny during the second movie, but again simply fillerRight from the beginning, this movie will grab fans of the first two 'Austin Powers' movies. However, there's a small matter of what follows after the cold opening. And that's where this flick seems to fall apart. Continuing the trend of sexual innuendo (funny during the first two, merely 'filler' in this one) and gross-out scenes (funny during the second movie, but again simply filler in this), this wanders aimlessly trying to make fun of "Goldfinger", which I'll admit would be difficult to do even with a decent plan. I think therein lies the problem..."Goldfinger" itself was so over-the-top, it's hard for someone to satirize it to any satisfactory level. I liked the first two movies, but this entry just left me wondering it Myers and company have finally jumped the sharks (yes...with laser beams on their heads). Expand
  90. Dec 25, 2012
    Austin Powers Goldmember is one of the funniest f- - -ing movies of all time. And is the best James Bond parody to date.
  91. Mar 8, 2014
    Mike Myers reprising his role as Austin Powers now in a new era can be considered to have good laughs and reoccurring incidents that prove to be a significant improvement from the second.

1. The latest installment in the Austin Powers series has stopped making much sense at all, but it sure gets its giggle on, and good.
  2. Goldmember comes after years of escalating vulgarity have thrown the need for caution -- and cleverness -- out of fashion.
    The gifted Myers lets his once and (I hope) future shag king get lost in an elephantine Hollywood franchise. The first time was the charm, baby.