Awake

6.3

1. KatherineS.
    Dec 1, 2007
    I just left feeling unsatisfied somehow. it just wasn't very good storytelling. but it was about as entertaining as a night at home watching a good drama tv show.
  2. JayHiggins
    Feb 22, 2008
    Suspenseful, but way too much of it just makes no sense and the plot is riddled with holes. But, it did hold my interest. It certainly wasn't overlong. It just never convinced me.
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie gets two big thumbs up for eye candy and the background story. The plot and flow of the movie however are both weak. This film is based on phenomena of anesthetic awareness, something we saw for the first time, 15 years earlier in a Tales From The Crypt episode. It was a great episode and seemed like it should make a good movie, but this wasn't it. Awake moves very slowly and isThis movie gets two big thumbs up for eye candy and the background story. The plot and flow of the movie however are both weak. This film is based on phenomena of anesthetic awareness, something we saw for the first time, 15 years earlier in a Tales From The Crypt episode. It was a great episode and seemed like it should make a good movie, but this wasn't it. Awake moves very slowly and is pretty boring for the first 45 minutes or so, and after that it just jumps around. Hayden yelling at people who can't hear him, gets old, quickly, but it continues to go on and on and on. It has a good cast, its a great idea, but it's only a decent story, and much too slow for me. Expand
  4. LevS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Look, I enjoyed it until the final ridiculous plot turn where all was revealed and the whole thing was wrapped up. What could have been an engaging thriller was cut short with the VO telling us what we actually wanted to see.
  5. Aug 1, 2015
    Well, for me to say that movie a lot I abuurio despite an incredible true story, not anyone hire him to stand out as one of the worst of the year 2007 .

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    What a waste. Check out "Breakdown" or Aldo Lado's 1971 Italian giallo "Long Night Of The Short Dolls" for a far better treatments of the same subject.
  2. Christensen delivers a low-key performance that is ultimately quite appealing, and he's well matched by the beautiful Alba. Olin brings unexpected depths to what could have been a stock role, and Terrence Howard uses his easy ability to project innate decency to excellent effect.
    Awake is short enough (about 85 minutes) that it doesn't wear out its welcome. It's not a good movie but it's silly and lively enough to keep most viewers from dozing off, even if that might be a more profitable use of their time.