Bad Boys II

4.1

1. Nov 11, 2010
    Will Smith is good. Martin Lawrence is mehh. The first one was bad enough, and this was like that but with more/worse action scenes and a frustrating story. I didn't like.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    Dime a dozen, action-packed refuse.
  3. Nov 7, 2012
    This could be the worst film Michael Bay ever made. What does THAT tell you?
  4. ChadS.
    Aug 5, 2003
    If Bay replaced the cadavers with dead golden retrievers as grist for the turning wheels, would that awaken us to the grotesquerie of this entertainment ploy? "Bad Boys II" is ugly, and dishonest when the reality of such violence needs to be shown. During the car chase that nearly decimates an entire shanty-town, not one resident is shown being mowed down. You make the inference that If Bay replaced the cadavers with dead golden retrievers as grist for the turning wheels, would that awaken us to the grotesquerie of this entertainment ploy? "Bad Boys II" is ugly, and dishonest when the reality of such violence needs to be shown. During the car chase that nearly decimates an entire shanty-town, not one resident is shown being mowed down. You make the inference that casualities occured, but a body count made explicit would force an admission of grief by Marcus and Mike. Would Bay and the screenwriters be this flippant about the lives of innocent bystanders if they were white? A trend seems to be developing with Ron Shelton-penned scripts. In "Hollywood Homicide", a truck driven by a man of Latino-descent is told to get out of the way when Ford almost crashes into the backing vehicle. What happens in "Bad Boys II" is a variation of the same theme, made doubly offensive because they're not illegal aliens in Southern California, but on native soil. "Bad Boys II" is vile. Expand
  5. ChrisK.
    Sep 10, 2003
    And why was this movie created?
  6. M.Molinari
    Dec 21, 2003
    Racist trash, for ignorant children. I'm sorry to see so many are entertained by this putrid excuse for a action movie. The young ones are complaining that it's good for a action movie. No it's not good even for a action movie. It's trash in any genre. Also when has bashing Latinos became comedy?
  7. AnsonG.
    Jun 10, 2006
    Yuck, this movie was totally overrated. It was awful and horrible film. Bad plot, boring, disgusting, better dont watch this.
  8. MaxoB.
    Oct 3, 2003
    This is one of the most offensive, unfunny, badly edited and poorly acted movies I have ever seen. Martin lawrence is not funny, period. Saying "f*ck" every 20 seconds is not amusing to anyone over the age of 12. The action scenes were cut so quickly that they were barely intelligible. Compare the awful car chases in bad Boys 2 to the gripping chase in The French Connection and This is one of the most offensive, unfunny, badly edited and poorly acted movies I have ever seen. Martin lawrence is not funny, period. Saying "f*ck" every 20 seconds is not amusing to anyone over the age of 12. The action scenes were cut so quickly that they were barely intelligible. Compare the awful car chases in bad Boys 2 to the gripping chase in The French Connection and you'll see what I mean. Bad Boys 2 is certainly "bad", only not in a good way. Expand
  9. BenP.
    Oct 3, 2003
    This movie was terrible! I agreed whole-heartedly with the Rolling Stone review, this movie is just dumbded-down, pre-packaged rubbish. Im 16 and live in England so its not like I'm some old bloke who wouldnt get all the gags, the movie woz purely unitelligent, completely unoriginal and entirely predictable. DONT go and see it, you'll be counting the seconds until the tedious 2 This movie was terrible! I agreed whole-heartedly with the Rolling Stone review, this movie is just dumbded-down, pre-packaged rubbish. Im 16 and live in England so its not like I'm some old bloke who wouldnt get all the gags, the movie woz purely unitelligent, completely unoriginal and entirely predictable. DONT go and see it, you'll be counting the seconds until the tedious 2 hrs 26 minutes is up. Expand
  10. D.C.
    Jul 20, 2003
    8 ball, get a life. this movie was so bad. it was packed with gay jokes, misogyny, too much violence and it was too long. I think Michael Bay and Jerry Bruchiemer should be banned from making movies.
  11. Chris
    Aug 1, 2003
    An apoclyptic disgrace.
  12. ElmerFudd
    Aug 2, 2003
    Bay and Bruckheimer are like two politicians serving their constituency. Unfortunately, that constituency is made of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, sub-literate, toothless hillbillies too thick to expect a plot or decent acting. ?Blow some stuff up, gross me out, and I?m happy!? With Bad Boys 2, Bay and Bruckheimer really came through for their crowd.
  13. NicholasM.
    Feb 20, 2005
    One of the worst movies ever made, mean-spirited, homophobic and completely brain-dead.
  14. DavidS.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Product placement filled nonsense from Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckhiemer. Unintelligent, uninspired, derivative trash. Bottom line: THis movie was intended as som kind of action movie come comedy/buddy movie. In the end, it is mere nonsense. There are better movies of this type available.
  15. Tonydannie
    Jan 7, 2006
    One of the worse movies of all time. For the people who hated Matrix Reloaded. I tell you this. Bad Boys 2 makes Matrix Reloaded look LIke Godfather Prt. 2. How Many Carchases can you have in one movie?? And what is so special about Martin's sister?. Lets chase after her again and again and again. More car chases.. Yay!!!. I spit on this film...no wait.. i take that back..this is not One of the worse movies of all time. For the people who hated Matrix Reloaded. I tell you this. Bad Boys 2 makes Matrix Reloaded look LIke Godfather Prt. 2. How Many Carchases can you have in one movie?? And what is so special about Martin's sister?. Lets chase after her again and again and again. More car chases.. Yay!!!. I spit on this film...no wait.. i take that back..this is not a film. This is snuff!!! Expand
  16. MartinS.
    Aug 23, 2003
    ICh finde der film ist der bste des jahre auf jeden fall.
  17. Cool
    Jan 31, 2004
    Too much swearing.
  18. Jack
    Aug 26, 2005
    Awful, gory, gratuitous, disgusting, and not even funny -- shameful in all.
  19. JulianW.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Full of senseless violence, bullet-time-shootings and splatter. Mixed with some R'n'B-rhythms it's a bit of everything - what a movie shouldn't be like. It IS NOT COOL!
  20. Joojoobee
    Jul 21, 2003
    wow...another flick to satisfy martin lawrence's cop fetish...stay away from this.
  21. MarcoR.
    Aug 18, 2003
    When was the last time I had to look at this trash? There's nothing funny about bad boys 2 at all.
  22. MovieFan
    Dec 18, 2003
    Cussing and ghetto slang do not make dialogue or a movie. Even the first movie was even better with not every other word with the 4 letter words. At least Bruckheimer and Bay did their job.

1. With a body built for action and a smile made for comedy, Smith eases through his scenes -- cool but never scary, a touch hip-hop and thoroughly audience-friendly. And unlike Lawrence, he can act. Smith's ability to put over a scene, combined with his matinee charm, goes a long way to making the film's violence palatable.
  2. If you think you're tough enough, go ahead and sit through the endurance test that is Bad Boys 2, a brutal, 2 1/2-hour display of production overkill.
    But damn it if the film doesn't work as what it's supposed to be: a big, brainless blast o' boom at the box office.