Bad Santa

8.7

1. CharlesH.
    Dec 8, 2003
    If you like watching children use the F-word this is the movie for you!
  2. MitchM.
    Dec 7, 2004
    I was so ready to love a movie about a naughty santa, scrooge that I've become. But my ardor sagged noticably and steadily as the movie dragged on. It's a one-note symphony of bad behaviour and foul mouth eruptions. But then they even committed the unpardonable sin of making santa vaguely likable by the story's end: the ultimate sell out.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    We get it. Billy Bob Thorton is a foul-mouthed, drunken criminal- but wait- this kid thinks he's the real Santa Claus. It's been done before- and the joke gets old fast.

1. Isn't up to much of anything besides pretending that swearwords and snot-nosed insults, served up by Santa with an almost institutional monotony, aren't just naughty. They're -- big joke! -- incorrect.
  2. Happens to be extremely funny -- at times sidesplittingly so -- thanks to Zwigoff's way with raw irreverence and Thornton's perfectly pitched, ready-for-anything performance.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    First-rate talent and a uniquely dyspeptic mood separate this effort from more routine, populist stabs at tasteless yukkage.