7.3

1. Nov 19, 2011
    While it may not be interesting to some people, Bad Santa is a funny comedy that will keep you laughing from start to finish. It can be rather vulger at times but hey, Its still hilarious.
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    Easily one of the best comedies ever made. It's not just the hilarious script and premise that make it stand out, but it has a lot of heart too. For me it's a feel good film and every time I watch it I come away slightly choked up, in a good way. Amazing performances all around, just pure perfection really. I wish Zwigoff would hurry up and make a new film.
  3. May 11, 2011
    Ah classic! Just the movie I need when the super crazy commercial nature of Chrismas starts driving me up a wall. When I just can't stand to year an 800 horrifyingly awful version of Frosty the snowman, this is where I turn for relief. Hysterical, and yet meaningful cause in the end it points out how Christmas should be rather than how it is often treated.
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    We get it. Billy Bob Thorton is a foul-mouthed, drunken criminal- but wait- this kid thinks he's the real Santa Claus. It's been done before- and the joke gets old fast.
  5. Dec 14, 2012
    Dark but hilarious. Billy Bob at his finest. And please don't even get me started on Thurman Murman! They are one of my favorite comedy duos of the century.
  6. Jul 10, 2014
    This film had me spitting out my drink. The timing of the actors was so on cue I'm amazed this movie gets so few awards. Billy Bob Thornton and Tony Cox are both the funniest and ridiculous duo that I can name off the top of my head. The kid and the bartender had me in stitches. Bernie Mac and John Ritter also gave funny performances. So sad to see them both go, so young. 'Bad Santa' maybe too vulgar for some, but dark comedies are an art form; to take a serious topic, and generate laughs from it takes skill and quality. It shows itself here, if you can get past the language and hedonism. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2014
    Bad Santa is a holiday treat. With all the feel-good sentimental flicks out there, this movie is a refreshing counterpart to those movies, with its foul-mouthed, alcoholic protagonist and his also foul-mouthed, temperamental little elf. The movie is better than you think, and laugh out loud funny.
  8. Feb 14, 2014
    Funny. Really funny and sweet. Several words can be used to describe Bad Santa, but only "Good" actually stands out. Because it was good. Good enough for me to hope for a sequel.

1. Isn't up to much of anything besides pretending that swearwords and snot-nosed insults, served up by Santa with an almost institutional monotony, aren't just naughty. They're -- big joke! -- incorrect.
  2. Happens to be extremely funny -- at times sidesplittingly so -- thanks to Zwigoff's way with raw irreverence and Thornton's perfectly pitched, ready-for-anything performance.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    First-rate talent and a uniquely dyspeptic mood separate this effort from more routine, populist stabs at tasteless yukkage.