5.0

1. Oct 29, 2010
    not my favorite CGI movie, but hey. at least its just decent.
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    This movie is awesome! Otis is my funniest and favorite character in the entire film!

When will this ever get its own spin-off sequel?! It has been 7 years since the movie was last released and still no sequel!
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie is terrible and here's why, the animation is downright ugly and the characters aren't likable at all and I didn't care about them at all, The voice acting is ok but everything else is just plain bad.
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    Maybe I'm just having a good day giving this movie such a high score, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't know until recently that the weird TV series started as a movie, so I was curious, and while it's not as original as Flushed Away or as well animated as Shrek, essentially, it's few steps behind. This movie is neck and neck with Over the Hedge as the best animated film of 2006 in my opinion and some of the best talking animal movies I've seen. Not only does this movie put the fun back in being an independent farmer, but the main characters are very developed and memorable. The secondary characters, not as much. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2013
    Barnyard is a cow patty.
    The entire film is animated stupidity. The storyline is little to non existent, nearly every character is unlikeable, and the entire premise feels unnatural.

It shouldn't be surprising that writer-director Steve Oedekerk, the man responsible for "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist" and the second "Ace Ventura" movie, considers single-celled organisms as he shoots for the lowest common denominator.
  2. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirschling
    It feels like Barnyard swipes too much of its plot from "The Lion King."
    Even an advanced case of critter fatigue shouldn't stop you from rushing out to see this delightfully cheeky animated tale.