8.5

1. Oct 21, 2014
    Michael Keaton is the name in laughter from the hereafter as an obnoxious poltergeist conjured up to bedevil an unwanted family of oddballs in this hilarious film.
  2. Oct 16, 2014
    Beetlejuice has some cool visuals and an entertaining character but that’s about it. The film is slow paced, has some bland characters, and some cheesy and stupid moments. The stuff involving life after death is cool providing both an interesting concept along with some great visuals and I wish the film had spent more time there. Instead we spend most of the movie in the human world focusing on the boring humans. Beetlejuice is cool when he is on screen but its barely little. More afterlife and Beetlejuice could’ve gone a long way in helping this movie. Instead we have pretty stupid with movie with some dumb characters. When its cool its cool and I guess I’m glad I saw it but I feel like ti could’ve been more than just some cool spectacle here and there. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2014
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  4. Sep 12, 2014
    Heres the word that describes Tim Burton FREAKY !. Tim Burton's movie are odd ( and could give kids nightmares like Corpes Bride , The Nightmare Before Christmas ). But i have to say the way he presents his movies in a whole new World ( Charlie & Chocolate Factory , Alice In Wonderland ) But there realistic and wonderful and Beetle Juice is the example of a real horrific world with Batman's Micheal Keaton , Alec Baldwin , Geena Davis. Grade A+ Expand
  5. Aug 29, 2014
    Memorable not necessarily for quality, but rather a certain quirkiness amongst the cast and characters. Beetle Juice is early, first-rate Tim Burton filmmaking.
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    This movie was honestly not that bad. Yes, I do believe that the plot was kind of weird and, I mean ghosts? Really? But actual beetlejuice made the movie more "available to watch." I know this review didnt really make any sense, but its hard to explain. The movie had something about it that every time I see it on TV I decide to watch it.
  7. Dec 23, 2013
    Beetle Juice isn't Burton's best but it's certainly worth a watch. It's original and entertaining and if you like Burton's creepy style of directing you'll be sure to enjoy this film.
  8. Oct 27, 2013
    Beetlejuice is a really fantastic supernatural comedy. Tim Burton's style is stamped all over the film and Michael Keaton is truly hilarious as the titular Beetlejuice. I find that the movie makes for a perfect Halloween treat for kids, too.
  9. Jun 22, 2013
    The first real film that you get a chance to see Tim Burton's visual style, but unlike some of his later films this film has a lot of substance. Plus a great performance by Michael Keaton.
  10. Apr 18, 2013
    This has to be my favorite Michael Keaton movie, and my favorite from Tim Burton.It is both dark and funny. Silly & serious. The effects at the time were phenomenal but are a bit dated by today's standards, but even so, hold a little. Still great to see Winona Ryder so young. Story gets a bit to goofy at points and they play the "afterlife" novelty to death (sorry, for the bad pun.)

Overall:
    Beetlejuice is a ton of fun and enjoyable fore most. I would say keep really little kids away, because I remember it freaked me out when I was little.
  11. Feb 2, 2013
    Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE!! 'The Ghost with the Most' is brought back from the afterlife thanks to Tim Burton's twisted imagination and the wacky writings of Michael McDowell and Warren Skaaren. In order to rid themselves of a pesky new family, a recently deceased couple hires the obnoxious ghoul Beetlejuice to perform a "bio-exorcism" and earn back their house! BEETLEJUICE is filled with oddball characters and eccentric performances from the entire cast. HOME ALONE's Catherine O'Hara is wickedly funny as the family's New Age hipster wife, who is married to Jeffrey Jones in another of his quirky character roles. A young Winona Ryder plays their morbid daughter Lydia, the one person who is able to communicate with the dead. And then, of course, there is Michael Keaton in the most unusual and unexpected performances of his career. Beetlejuice is crass, vulgar, and disgusting... And we love him! He is the undead equivalent to the classic Acme characters pushed to their fiendish extremes. The make-up and special effects are superb and highly original, combining traditional stop-motion animation with modern prosthetics to bring each of the otherworldly creatures back to life. Like GREMLINS and GHOSTBUSTERS before it, BEETLEJUICE is another classic comedy that 80's horror fans are sure to love!

-Carl Manes
    I Like Horror Movies
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Great cast, very good performances, the characters are amazing, Keaton does a pretty good job giving life to the ghost exorcist Beetle Juice, some times the movie gets a little slow and the special effects are not the best of its time, but it has nice make up and hilarious script.
  13. Dec 15, 2011
    With a great cast of actors and a great production value, Beetle Juice will give you laughs and even a bit of scares (especially for the little ones) in this enjoyable film. In my opinion, this is definitely one of Tim Burton's strongest films he's ever directed and I just love the odd humour and strangely dark concepts in the movie. Baldwin, Davis, Ryder and Keaton took the stage in playing such strong and memorable roles and the art direction in special effects looked unique at its time. This is a pretty entertaining flick and I recommend a audience who enjoys dark comedies and odd original storytelling should give this a go. Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2011
    Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton are all great and Winona Ryder and more are all very, very good. So original and Tim Burton was fantastic with direction.
  15. Aug 19, 2010
    Couple have old house, friend wants them to sell, have car crash, die, new family move in, couple haunt them without success, ask "People-Exorcist" for help.
    Tim Burton at his best with a wonderfully surreal & dark tale featuring a very strong cast.
    The effects haven't dated that well but a lot of the creations here can be seen later in the equally brilliant Nightmare Before Christmas.

Michael Keaton steals every scene he is in (although not that many) & you think he'd have been better playing the Joker rather than Batman in his next film after this performance.

Not since "Ghostbusters" have the spirits been so uplifting. [30 Mar 1988]
  2. It's two hours of your life wasted, time once spent that can never be regained. Don't go. Don't do it. [30 Mar 1988]
    Hilarious…The joy of Beetlejuice is its completely bizarre -- but perfectly realized -- view of the world, a la Gary Larson's "The Far Side," or "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." [1 Apr 1988]