Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: October 3, 2008
4.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 65 Ratings
Watch Now
alastairtJun 2, 2009
I can respect i was probably in the wrong audience for this film, but its main problem is that it tries to connect to different audiences instead of staying to the audience of peppy little 8 year olds. another problem is that it is very I can respect i was probably in the wrong audience for this film, but its main problem is that it tries to connect to different audiences instead of staying to the audience of peppy little 8 year olds. another problem is that it is very predictable. me and my mate geused that the line "say hello to my little friend" would be utterd. your 8 year old girl (AND NO ONE ELSE) will probably enjoy it, but for anyone else, steer well clear. Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
CraigASSep 30, 2008
Borderline racist peddling of latino stereotypes.
JeremyW.Oct 3, 2008
Terrible movie. words cant even describe how terrible this supposed "film" was. i feel like i lost 40 iq points. poor jamie lee curtis now a robot of the disney machine.
JerryM.Oct 5, 2008
Ishtar on 4 Legs. Even my grade school'er didn't think it was funny.
AndrewP.Oct 5, 2008
This movie was an utter waste of my time, and anyone that should dare go see it should be shot in the head. Dogs are cute, but in a disturbing film such as this, their not the most appealing pets. Disney killed my dream for this movie, and I This movie was an utter waste of my time, and anyone that should dare go see it should be shot in the head. Dogs are cute, but in a disturbing film such as this, their not the most appealing pets. Disney killed my dream for this movie, and I will never go see another Disney movie again! Expand
BP.Oct 10, 2008
Only dude funny about his movie is George Lopez.
JohnC.Oct 16, 2008
I was waiting to laugh the entire movie, but that laugh never came.
AustinCFeb 25, 2009
Ha, this movie was so retarded, I left and did something better, like flushed my head down the toilet, or cleaned up the gum underneath a 20 year old school bus.
ShaneMMar 7, 2009
A depressingly stupid movie about a bimbo and her idiotic dog. A terrible plot coupled with god-awful recycled jokes made this movie the worst I've seen in a very long time.
EvanRMar 24, 2009
THIS WAS THE WORST WASTE OF MY TIME THIS YEAR!!! Whoever likes this move is either an extremely preppy little girl with a dog in her purse, or an overzealous dog lover wishing to have a relationship with her pet.
Bigboy1138Sep 14, 2010
It's as if Disney wanted to make us mad, there was nothing of substance or sense in this TOO LONG feature film. I tried to find something of value throughout this steaming pile of dog crap, but could not. The plot is non-existent, and ifIt's as if Disney wanted to make us mad, there was nothing of substance or sense in this TOO LONG feature film. I tried to find something of value throughout this steaming pile of dog crap, but could not. The plot is non-existent, and if there was one: it's the milking of brainless Youtubers that gawk over videos of cute dogs and cats. I regret giving money to the baboons who made this classless trash, please do not waste your short time on this earth to watch this disaster. Expand
JamesM.Oct 26, 2008
It was very good. My favorite dog is Papi. He was very funny. It was very cute movie.
2 of 4 users found this helpful
KarenPMar 24, 2009
I was expecting nothing from this film and was suprised that I actually laughed. It was a cute little film. Would never watch it again, but cute.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
PeterB.Sep 30, 2008
Awesome. Fun story,Terrific acting.Works for kid and their parents. Must see.
AprilS.Oct 6, 2008
It is such a cute movie.
DarrellB.Oct 13, 2008
If you go in expecting a very weak plot, then this movie with entice a few laughs. Not a horrible way to spend an afternoon although I won't be seeing it again.
CabriniR.Oct 24, 2008
Great, but I dont think this should be a kids movie; several times in the movie the say the word gringo which means white boy (racist term) in spanish (oh and about the not being a kids movie i mean for 7 and under).
LaurenSJan 20, 2009
As a teen, it's AWFUL! The movie lacks a good story line, and talking animals seem to always have a very bad reputation for being in movies. It's about pampered dogs, and what happens when they aren't getting spoiled? They As a teen, it's AWFUL! The movie lacks a good story line, and talking animals seem to always have a very bad reputation for being in movies. It's about pampered dogs, and what happens when they aren't getting spoiled? They bark. Useless, even as a kids film, the movie is just... stupid. I know its for kids, (i don't care if i'm really a kid, i'm a teen tho) but anyways, it still sucks! Expand
JayH.Feb 22, 2009
5.5/10. Cute story, but the talking dogs thing wears thin after about 45 minutes. A good film for the whole family though, adults and kids will both be amused. Nothing deep or great, but quite watchable.
HarrisonFApr 13, 2009
Makes an excellent family movie! Some good comedy.
caporegimeJun 10, 2009
It's a great movie to watch with your family. Full of adventure and is amazingly funny.
ChadS.Oct 6, 2008
Had this children's movie the ambition to take its theme of class-consciousness with just a modicum of gravity and levity, "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" might have challenged Chris Noonan's "Babe" for best of breed: the talking animal Had this children's movie the ambition to take its theme of class-consciousness with just a modicum of gravity and levity, "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" might have challenged Chris Noonan's "Babe" for best of breed: the talking animal movie division. If the high society lady's fully-grown children in Douglas Sirk's "All That Heaven Allows" bought their lonely mother a chihuahua instead of a television, the lapdog and the gardener's hunting dog might have suggested to Cary Scott(Jane Wyman) that she belongs with Ron Kirby(Rock Hudson). "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" stands on the periphery of the 1956 melodrama that inspired Todd Haynes' "Far From Heaven", as Papi(George Lopez) the landscaper's dog, falls for Chloe(Drew Barrymore) the high-maintenance chihuahua, but the film is too timid to take that extra step. Chloe's poolside friends drool over the hunky utilitarian canine because he's the forbidden fruit(the dog you don't take home to meet your master), but what would these pampered pooches say if the queen bee-otch(remember: a female dog is a bitch) declared her love for Papi. Ostracization from dog society? Even more daunting: Imagine Chloe's dilemma if she had to choose between Papi and her owner Viv(Jamie Lee Curtis). One suspects that madame wouldn't want Chloe to birth puppies with an unregistered dog. Although "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" is mostly informed by girly films such as "Clueless" and "Totally Legal", it does manage to smuggle in a reference to Rainier Werner Fassbinder's "Ali: Fear Eats the Soul"(German title: "Angst essen Seele auf") when Viv explains to Rachel(Piper Perabo) that Chloe doesn't like Berlin. In the German reimagining of the Douglas Sirk sudser, it's not just class warfare, but also a divergence in race(she's German; he's Moroccoan), that keeps the lovers apart. Chloe, quite pointedly, is identified as a "gringo" by one of the stray dogs down Mexico way, while Papi unmistakably sounds Hispanic in nature. Predictably, being around mutts, a rat, and inexplicably, an iguana, Chloe learns how the other half lives, and loses her elitist mentality. But how does one explain Viv's transformation? While Delgado(a German shephard voiced by Andy Garcia) regains his sense of smell which allows him to rejoin the police dog force, Viv's nose suggests a more tolerant worldview when she smiles and voices her approval about Chloe's new "earthy" smell. Unless Viv is some sort of dog medium, and relives Chloe's adventures in Tijuana, the privileged woman's newfound well-roundedness seems largely unearned; completely out of the blue. Do you know what's Pixar's secret? They make children's films that go a little too far. That's why they achieve transcendence. "Beverly Hills Chihuahua", on the other hand, plays out like "Far From Heaven" with a happy ending, sans the Brechtian distanciation. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
AndrewUltimateOct 22, 2010
This movie is quite underrated. Not underrated with hype, underrated with -- I don't even need to tell you. Though some parts of the plot may seem flawed, I thought the movie was funny and cute. Interesting style of humor also, it hasn'tThis movie is quite underrated. Not underrated with hype, underrated with -- I don't even need to tell you. Though some parts of the plot may seem flawed, I thought the movie was funny and cute. Interesting style of humor also, it hasn't really been done before. So it was fresh and original too. Expand
DoensiMay 8, 2012
Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a Must see movie for all ages!
Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a Must see movie for all ages!
I love this movie, it is on my top 10 list! My favorite dog is the chihuahua Papi. You can see how he truely loves Chloe. I have to say that many people should take him as an example. Love is so strong and he shows as during the movie and also in Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 that even the smallest dog in the world have even a bigger heart than we have.I now, Chloe is a real toy dog and dressed up, if I am honest, it looks horrible. Putting away her clothes, sunglasses, boots and necklace, you can see that she is a real Chihuahua. The characters of this breed of dogs takes a big part of the movie. CHIHUAHUA ARE SMALL DOGS WITH BIG SOULS.
ActorDude99Oct 28, 2012
"Beverly Hills Chihuahua" is a very cute, funny, and interesting movie. It's filled with cute puppies everywhere. It has a great all-star cast of George Lopez, Loretta Devine, Drew Barrymore, and Jamie Lee Curtis. I've also enjoyed the sequels.
kublay0880Dec 19, 2012
I agree with Alastairt, you can,t or shouldn't be able to try to sell this kind of movie to any type of viewer, it's just a pointless movie, but don't get me wrong I'm a dog lover just don't see anything good about this movie, you can haveI agree with Alastairt, you can,t or shouldn't be able to try to sell this kind of movie to any type of viewer, it's just a pointless movie, but don't get me wrong I'm a dog lover just don't see anything good about this movie, you can have your kids watch this movie but don't surprise if they get bored after 15 minutes. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
Probably one of the worst movies ever made.
Probably one of the worst movies ever made.
An absolutely horrendous film; terrible acting, horrible script, very overly long. A fun family film should have some laughs, even if immature, they were simply non existent. The premise it mentally challenged and there is nothing good that can be said about the rest.
drwatsitJan 28, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well if you ever watched this movie you probably want to smash your head against a wall after watching this stupid, irritating, dull movie. One part of the movie is about the annoying rat of a dog finding its bark and another part where it losses its dog shoe and tries to make that a dramatic moment. It is one of the worst movies I have ever endure if you can even call it a movie I call it legal torture. If you have to watch it take a blindfold and some ear muffs.

p.s I only had to watch this movie with a relative and I didn't spend any money but I would have spent some in order not to see this movie
diegonelliSep 13, 2015
This film is boring as **** that I never ended it, I always get bored and change the channel, so I don't even know the 100% story. And Chloe acts so unbearable. just ew. I'll give it 5 because I watched the 2 and the 3 and I like them more.
EpicLadySpongeDec 30, 2015
Beverly Hills Chihuahua is as lovely as ever and you'll pretty much enjoy the movie if you're into dogs. It's pretty much an average score of okay to decent.
FreedomFightersNov 14, 2016
"Beverly Hills Chihuahua" is everything you expect it to be, and whether or not that's a good thing really depends on whether or not those expectations are "good" in your eyes. It's your obvious Disney film with some cute and fun moments, but"Beverly Hills Chihuahua" is everything you expect it to be, and whether or not that's a good thing really depends on whether or not those expectations are "good" in your eyes. It's your obvious Disney film with some cute and fun moments, but nothing spectacular or new. It's a well-meaning film that should provide plenty of fun for your kids, but ultimately, that's the only crowd I can truly recommend this film to. Expand