8.3

1. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't give "10s," and this review is 32 years late, but Body Heat is one of those films that you can see over and over. It's a shame that there was never a sequel to Body Heat, or that the same elements didn't produce another neo-noir. I recommend this film highly.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    The plot of this movie is totally unrealistic. I could not believe in these characters for a minute, even though the actors did a good job, but the problem is with the writing of the movie.
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    Body Heat is a great film debut for Kasdan. He sets the scene for this film noir drama by carefully playing out his characters and conveniently avoiding some of the fatal clich├ęs involved with these kinds of movies.

Body Heat is good enough to make film noir play like we hadn't seen it before.
  2. Reviewed by: Stuart Swineford
    Aside from the over abundance of rather large glasses and sweaty actors, Body Heat succeeds fabulously, not only as an excellent example of a classic film noir but as a solidly executed production in its own right.
  3. While Body Heat involves murder, fraud, a weak hero led astray and a seductive, double-dealing broad, it also incorporates something new: a sexual explicitness that the old films could only hint at.