5.8

1. Dec 8, 2013
    Baron Cohen is fabulous as Brüno, and actually he looks gorgeous in character. I know a lot of women who'd kill for skin that smooth and flawless. And, as I said earlier, Baron Cohen is fearless when it comes to putting himself out there to make a point and get a laugh. Of course there's a lot of controversy over this film and Baron Cohen's portrayal of a flamboyantly gay man. And, yes, in a way he does feed into the stereotype. But so what? The audience gets the point and leaves entertained. It works. Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    My favorite comedy and satire ever. One of the best characters ever made. This movie shows how smart people think they are, but how gullible and full of themselves they really are. Great social commentary.
  3. Jul 5, 2011
    The movie is super funny. I only had a problem with the gay sex scene with the short guy. Otherwise this is some of Cohen's best work. Borat needed a bigger push. But that is okay because it was his first time doing something like that. Bruno did go overboard sometimes, but when life gives you lemons you have to make a lemon party. For those who don't know what a lemon party is, you should google it. Expand
  4. Jan 11, 2011
    Cohen is brilliant---a latter day Peter Sellers. The film was hilarious, but most definitely NOT for the easily offended. Mr. Cohen has a genius for letting hypocrites and poseurs hang themselves with their own rope.

1. Bruno is only intermittently funny and all too often the "ambushes" of celebrities and civilians look staged. The movie is even a tad -- dare we say it? -- tedious.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Undeniably funny, outrageous and boundary-pushing, this further documentation of Sacha Baron Cohen's sheer nerve will draw an abundant share of "Borat" fans.
  3. Is Brüno riotous? Yes, more so than "Borat," in which Baron Cohen's targets were ducks in a barrel and largely undeserving of ridicule. He doesn't aim much higher here, but his tricks are more inventive.