6.6

1. Aug 17, 2014
    "Burlesque" is more like a set of some Aguilera's video clips, and not a film. The story is hardly engaging, the music is commonplace, the characters are terribly undeveloped, and the whole result is a disgrace to the musical film genre. Aguilera is decent, though, and, of course, visuals and dancing are stunning.
  2. Sep 6, 2013
    The movie has its ups and downs, but it is a somewhat interesting watch. It does however rely on way too many clichés, and the songs are not all that great or even good for that matter. The acting is laughable, but in a fun way.
  3. Sep 2, 2013
    Burlesque is a tacky, stupid, recycled, boring film that is predictable from the moment it comes on screen with music that is forgettable. It may have some great singers and respectable actors in it but the movie is simply horrible.
  4. May 20, 2013
    Highly recommended movie for all music lovers! Christina and Cher are going to thrill your musical imagination! I would give it a 10/10 but i think that the story is not exciting and it could be a lot better!For a movie, the most important thing is the story. This is musical though so that's why i'm not giving it a negative score,because the soundtracks and the choreographs are amazing! The characters are not the best but it's still not bad though, as i said i enjoyed it very much! Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2012
    Admittedly I am not a die hard fan of musicals, but have enjoyed a few of them along the way. But this one although may have great singers in it, it just sucks as a film.
  6. Mar 29, 2012
    Is interesting watching the mode that some amazing singers explote their voice and do an awesome movie. And the case of Burlesque is the same, the film present amazing songs, with the incredible voices of Cher and Christina Aguilera, the first thing that I think is in other musical films, like Hairspray, Joyful Noise and BandSlam, that have really awesome singers, and that is great, and the better of the movie. But the music don't create the trama, that can be like an other films, same, but in Burlesque the story is amazing, is interesting and funny, but is some large, and this little detail afect the movie. Now the rest of the cast, Kristen Bell, Stanley Tucci, Cam Gigandet, etc... have a really good [but no excellent] performances, okay, Tucci and Bell yes, but the rest of the characters be like to second plane, yeah the director intent that all have importance, but fail. Now the music, is really beautiful, I love "You Havent Seen the Last of Me" is a beautiful song. In no much words Burlesque is a good film, entertaining, interesting, with excellent music, good development, some good performances, and is all, a film that is good, but not excellent. Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2011
    First half of the movie was a 9.5... really like the theatric stuff... most of the songs and singings were good except some doesn't quite suit Cher's range and style; just by 2cents anyways. the love part was not done well at all... or maybe just doesn't suit the plot... and this account for the other half of the movie which I barely give it a 6... it's such a shame! :(
  8. Sep 27, 2011
    "Burlesque" is a musical that has decent songs and terrible performances. Cher was decent, but Christina performed like a spoiled brat who doesn't appreciate the blessings she receives. The story is uneven and overwhelmingly relies on dumb cliches. I rather would have watched "Chicago" again then this idiotic movie.
  9. Sep 2, 2011
    For a first time actress and a first time director I thought the movie was awesome! The cast and crew couldn't have been chosen better. If you liked Chistine before the movie you will love her after it, Cher (as usual) was excellent in character and in song. Best two hours I've spent in a long time.
  10. Aug 27, 2011
    About five minutes into watching Steve Antinâ
  11. Aug 22, 2011
    It is not "burlesque" at all, it's most like a DVD show of Aguilera. Same boring messages about boys and girls and love. Cher is really not at is best in this movie and it's sad. If you like Christina and girly predictable story, go, but if don't, listen something else !
  12. May 29, 2011
    I swear I've been almost taken by preconcept before seeing the movie, but I pressed to see it because when I saw the trailer, months ago, I felt the movie would be book. Glad I believed on my feeling. Inside of the musical's proposal, the movie is great. Christina looks good, not only singing, but she's unrecognizable as character Ali. Cher is okay, as always. The production is faultless and the performances makes anyone to get chills indeed. Of course there are some things that aren't that good, the drama could have been a little more elaborated and some cliche moments could be avoided, but nothing that compremets the movie for complete. Expand
  13. May 25, 2011
    Only good thing about this movie is the music and the fact that fu*kin' CHER is in it! Every single music number is pure perfection, 'cause Christina Aguilera is very talented singer with unique voice and strong stage presence - but the girl can't act! And the storyline is beyond lame.
  14. Apr 16, 2011
    Overall, I loved Burlesque. It's been done before, and it is full of clichés, but it gives something more different and lovable that the others don't.

Christina Aguilera did a pretty good job in her acting debut! It doesn't scream an Oscar, but she does have a career ahead of her, I'll tell you that. Cher was just good. The entire movie was marketed with her name, but the
    story is barely about her. Stanley Tucci is going to give an amazing performance regardless, but he wasn't as much part of this as I think he could've been, and he was pretty much playing Nigel from The Devil Wears Prada again. Kristen Bell's character was a tad confusing, and didn't stand out as I wish she had. Cam Gigandet did an alright job, and Julianne Hough was great for her acting debut as well!

The songs and dance numbers make this shine through. They're all so different and you cannot decide which one is the best. And the closing credits with a cover of Marilyn Manson's 'Beautiful People'? I didn't think ANYONE could pull that off. But they sure did here.

So it's not amazing, but it's fairly enjoyable and much underrated. I recommend it!
  15. Apr 11, 2011
    Well neither Cher nor Christina Aguilera are my thing but this movie is actually really well done. Tells a good story and it's well-written and well-acted. Congratulations to all involved.
  16. Apr 5, 2011
    i really enjoy this movie. the storyline was okay. At fist i thought that this movie was going be horrible. I got into the movie from the beginning. Good acting and okay storyline. I could watch it again. I think this is a good movie for everybody to watch . A nice movie to get on blu ray or dvd.
  17. Mar 30, 2011
    Burlesque is the musical version of The Devil Wears Prada. Cher is Meryl Streep, Stanley Tucci is Stanley Tucci, and Christina is Ann Hatheway. I think we all liked Devil Wears Prada, right? Well then why not a musical version! I don't give it a 10 because Devil Wears Prada had better comedy and Meryl Streep.
  18. Mar 17, 2011
    Over all a very fun movie, just nothing that will surprise you, or leave you thinking about anything. Aguilera was a much better actress than I imagined, and of course her voice is amazing. The story line was pretty predictable, yet some how still manages to be entertaining. Not to say it's an incredible movie, but it isn't a waste of time.
  19. Mar 12, 2011
    Burlesque does no favors for Aguilera's B acting -- and Broadway itself. But it's a mildly entertaining Hollywood musical that showcases Cher's still-powerful vocals.
  20. Mar 5, 2011
    Nice, fun movie to watch, but nothing more then that. Awful performance by CA and Cher, as expected. lousy acting...Great music and costums, visually beautiful to see, everything else - pretty poor. However, must see movie...
  21. Mar 1, 2011
    We all know Cristina Aguilera has an outstanding voice and of course Cheer is an icon. But to be frank, this movie was entertaining but not great. The dances were ok, the songs too but the plot, was horrible. I expected more from this film, more drama, more seriousness, it was all glamor and had nothing of reality.
  22. Feb 25, 2011
    this film is so much fun! it has a lot going for it in terms of xtina, and when you walk out of the theatre you realise how great her voice is!!! she is amazing as is the rest of the cast, but christina's film debut leaves you wanting more!
  23. Feb 4, 2011
    The best comedy/musical movie of the year! The movie definitely got me dancing. and a lot of people were applauding during and every after performances of Christina and Cher.
  24. Feb 2, 2011
    Raise the curtain! Before heading to watch thiz movie, I already had my own imagination about what the story would look like, I thought maybe it revolved around a countryside girl who was about to try her luck to chase her dream in a big city (eventually the city is Los Angeles and the girl is Ali, played by Christina Aguilera), maybe she would start from a cloistered but extraordinary nite club (apparently it is named: Burlesque), maybe she would have a tough beginning for her career and there would be such a mentor for her (I talk about Cher), maybe she was going to meet her love interest, a pretty boy with an attitude (I talk about Cam Gigandet), or maybe she would be forced to quarrel with her envious evil colleague as well (I talk about Kristen Bell). And for the ending I do not have to explain, I give it to you to figure it out yourself, I am pretty sure that you have already know the ending as well, and you are right! In the tradition of COYOTE UGLY (2000) and Rob Marshall movies, such as CHICGO (2002) and NINE (2009), here it comes a new breed of the genre. The movie is second Directing effort (after GLASS HOUSE: THE GOOD MOTHER (2006)) by Child Star Actor from THE GOONIES (1985), Steve Antin. Thiz Ali character is obviously made for Aguilera, it is like let a fish swimming freely into the sea. It flows naturally. Cher is an Iconic Legend who makes a one dimensional impression, there is no specific chemistry with other Casts, she seems to be talking to herself. Cam Gigandet, after seeing his macho performance in NEVER BACK DOWN (2008), thiz time he plays more easy-going and fun role. But the worst of the worst is Kristen Bell who delivers a horrible nightmare performance, it is not convincing at all as Ali competitor. Better performances come from Stanley Tucci, Eric Dane and Allan Cumming. Forget about the Casts, the film once again is an Aguilera playground. Her powerful voice covers up all of the flaws. The opening song SOMETHING GOT A HOLD ON ME is my favorite with gratifying 70s Rock n Roll Tune. With all those fabulous songs, it occurred to me, why there is not any duet song from these two World-Class Performers. Anyway, the dancing and cabaret performances are splendid. Aguilera performance is very hypnotic and spectacular. But it came to my mind, who does not want to pay small nite club cheap ticket in which there is Aguilera performance. Hello?? It is Christina Aguilera on the stage! The story is predictable and the conflict is cliché. It doesnâ Expand
  25. Jan 29, 2011
    BURLESQUE is the movie of the year. i love xtina, and i will always love what she will be doing in the future,! i watched the video for so many times now and i cant get over with it!
  26. Jan 23, 2011
    What is a film for, to entertain! This movie did just that. Eye candy galore. Fun to see Cher and Christina Aguilera showed more talent than I had ever seen!
  27. Dec 31, 2010
    This was a really FUN movie to watch! If you like music and dancing, you will love this movie! A truly enjoyable show and a great story. If you like movies like All that Jazz and Chicago, you will definitely like this movie!
  28. Dec 31, 2010
    There is no way you couldn't fall in love with this movie, there just isn't!
    Cher was fantastic, and Christina Aguilera blew my away with her surprisingly good acting skill, and irresistibly divine voice.
    The film was well written, and directed. IT premiered last night in here , Portugal, and it was not only one of the best films I've seen, but it was a fantastic way to end 2010.
  29. TAE
    Dec 25, 2010
    The Runaways movie got screwed out of a Golden Globe nomination because of this. A movie with music that came out in Decemeber. Big suprise it gets nominated for best musical. They'll nominated anything music or comedy related as long as it comes out late in the year. There are so many great comedies and music related movies to chose from but these lazy academy members don't want to think as far back as early Novemeber. Expand
  30. Dec 23, 2010
    I thought this movie was passable, although certainly predictable from the first frame. Christina Aquilera was better than I thought she would be, and Cher - what can you say about Cher? She's always great and seemingly ageless. The musical numbers are what carries the film and that's where Cher and Christina shine. Christina has her big number (a la Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls) towards the end, but unlike the never-ending cringe-inducing song that Jennifer sang Christina's is great. It helps that Christina is a great singer. The biggest problem for me was that every song was lip-synched, but it's not distracting enough to ruin the movie. Expand
  31. Dec 23, 2010
    Amazing movie! I would say best movie of the year. Very talented and well known actors, songs were amazing, and dancing was well done too. Cam Gigandet did an AMAZING job as Jack. He was my favorite part of the movie, also very good looking! Great movie overall, saw it 4 times, and would love to see it again!
  32. Dec 21, 2010
    Burlesque is quite simply a lot of fun. It's not ground-breaking or insightful film making by any means, but you walk out of the theater humming at least one of the songs. Almost all of the performances are over the top, including Cher but this film is not for those looking for something great. It's a good renter, or maybe a few bucks if you like musicals.
  33. Dec 18, 2010
    The movie Burlesque is much like Christina Aguliera's career , tacky, predictable & recycled .
    Every dance number and line are lifted from another movie, Cher is great per usual but Christina's performance leaves something to be desired.
    It's a wonder why the cast (except Christina) would attach themselves to such a uncomfortable campy poorly written movie.
  34. Dec 13, 2010
    People who don't like this movie don't care for musicals, and all the critics can say is that the numbers are not representative of burlesque. Well then, the title of the movie is the problem; not the movie! Every number was a blast, my friends and I applauded, and I was never bored. Cher and Aguilera sang their hearts out, and Aguilera was entertaining and engaging on the stage. Come on, Live a Little! Expand
  35. Dec 12, 2010
    The traditional story of a small-town girl (Christina Aguilera) who comes to the big city and becomes a star is placed in an LA burlesque house run by Cher. Since you already know what happens, it had better be well-mounted. On many fronts, this is. The pacing never lags, the plot is simple, the dialogue scenes are short and snappy and there's plenty of high-gloss performance. Cher gets 2 numbers, but most of the singing goes to Aguiulera, who is a knock out. If you're into this sort of thing, you'll get a glitzy gob of glamour. Expand
  36. Dec 12, 2010
    I'm not sure how else to put this: Burlesque would be better if it were worse. It certainly is one of the most derivative, unoriginal movies I've ever seen, except for the clever end of the storyline that asks the question "How are we going to save Cher's burlesque club?" But: Christina's voice is still bring-down-the-house powerful, and I bumped my rating up one entire point in gratitude for Cher's "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me." Expand
  37. Dec 8, 2010
    GREAT FILM! I went w/my gfs to see it and was shocked!!! GREAT JOB!!! Cher & Christina Aguilera did an awesome job. the singing was fab and everything flowed. Gotta love Stanley Tucci!
  38. Dec 7, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BURLESQUE :IN MY OPINION IT IS THE BEST MUSICAL I KNOW STEVEN ANTIN DID AN EXELENT JOB WITH THIS FILM.ALL THE ACTORS WAS GREAT,CHRISTINA AMAZING HER VOICE IT IS INCREIBLE HER DANBCE AND HER ACTING IS WONDERFULL CHER I LOVE HER I RECOMEND THIS FILM IT IS SO FUNNY AND GLAMOROUS !! Expand
  39. Dec 6, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a reward for straight guys who were broad-minded enough to withstand same-sex kissing and buggery among cowboys, Anne Hathaway took off her top, in what was, and still is, the gayest movie ever, hands down. Terrified of glimpsing full frontal male nudity, Hathaway's 36C breasts put the heterosexual male at ease, remasculating them for the remainder of Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain", especially the stretch run when Jack Twist(Jake Gylenhaal) tells Enis(Heath Ledger), "I wish I knew how to quit you." The same broad-minded straight guys expecting the same sort of compensation for patronizing "Burlesque"(a musical that features not just one, but two gay icons), will be sorely disappointed. Kristen Bell, never nude, flashes some skin, but her showgirl character, a high-maintenance diva, is not that kind of showgirl, because burlesque(not to be confused with exotic dancing) is striptease with art pretensions, in which dancers tantalize the audience with mystery, so Nikki wears pasties, and Christine Aguilera's breasts are strategically covered with stage props. To add insult to injury, the only nipples we see are a dude's nipples, Cam Gigadet's nipples, and the only bared ass, Cam Gigadet's ass. Aguilera's well-documented nipple rings are left to the imagination. Playing a designer hayseed from Iowa named Ally, the clothing optional girl who likes to get "Dirty", as she's done throughout the course of her career, shows off her skin and pipes in equal measures, a balancing act that sells the triple threat(singer, dancer...actress?) short, when Aguilera's sex kitten image can often overshadow her aptitude for peerless vocalization,Knowing in her heart that the club patrons will value live singing more than t*ts and a*s, Ally convinces Tess(Cher, in yet another comeback) to ditch the practice of having her girls lip synch over canned music during their routines. In doing so, the contract between the filmmaker and moviegoer is breached. Normally, the audience is complicitous to the habitude of musicals, in which actors mouth the words to the accompanying song that plays over the soundtrack, but "Burlesque" loses its artistic license, the leeway to misrepresent reality, the very moment Ally broaches Tess over the subject of pre-recorded music. In Peter Bogdanovich's "At Long Last Love", actors intoned lyrics under a live boom mic while the cameras rolled, as an experiment in adding realism to the musical genre. It didn't work, but that's because the filmmaker had non-singers like Cybil Shepard, Burt Reynolds, and John Hillerman at his disposal, all of whom possessed voices which needed a liberal dose of sweetening in post-production, and then some. (Ulu Grosbard's "Georgia" used the same methodology to better effect.) "Burlesque", on the other hand, has Aguilera, who possesses a voice big enough to pull off the live thing, and yet, in the crucial moment when Ally reveals her secret weapon(it's not a vagina, that's Elizabeth Berkley's secret weapon) to the burlesque world after Nikki cuts off the music in the middle of a performance, the voice we hear is clothed, not naked as it should be. Ally's disdain for fakery makes us hyper-aware of the fact that she's doing the same thing, albeit with her own voice. After all, once it becomes obvious that "Burlesque" isn't going to be a softcore porn flick like Paul Verhoeven's "Showgirls", as a consolation prize, people will want to hear Aguilera sing, for real. Straight or gay, people aren't coming to see her act, that's for sure. Expand
  40. Dec 4, 2010
    Okay so this movie has more music and dance numbers then acting, but for what it was i thought it was amazing. This movie really showcased the full talent of Christina & Cher and showed them more as human beings then the idols they are perceived as. I would definitely see this movie again, it was charming, funny and so very entertaining to watch. I LUV IT!!!
  41. Dec 3, 2010
    WONDERFUL .AMAZING
    This is has the feel of a Broadway musical, marvelous sing, breathtaking costumes and adult laughter. I was so entertained that I didn't want the movie to end. What a mistake the critics made, who didn't give this movie 100. Yes, no violence or bloodshed and lots of sparkle. Down with the killing and up with beauty, I am sick of coming out of a movie feeling I just
    witness carnage on a massive scale. Bring on the sparkle and beauty of life. Expand
  42. Dec 2, 2010
    Burlesque Movie Review
    by, Rajiim Gross of The RAG Review
    11/26/10 http://the-rag-review.info Burlesque is a film about a small town Iowa girl who has had enough of small town life. She can sing, dance and she's wasting away in her hometown. It's time for a change.....so she grabs her last pay check and buys a bus ticket to L.A. to follow her dreams. While in L.A. looking for a job as a
    singer / dancer she passes the Burlesque Lounge and feels enticed to enter. When she does...She decides that this is the dream job for her. Here is my first problem. Who in their right mind is going to travel 2500 miles to get a job as a glorified go-go dancer when they have the talent of Christina Aguilera?? The character played by Christina seems like a person who knows what they want out of life but instead settles for a career as a Burlesque dancer. This character has all the real live talent of Aguilera but settles for this??? Seems a bit unrealistic!! The cast includes Cher, Christina Aguilera, Eric Dane, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Peter Gallagher, Alan Cumming, Kristen Bell Expand
  43. Dec 1, 2010
    Burlesque is so perfect. The casts are amazing. The singing is incredible and the dancing is fabolous. I enjoy every single seconds.Cher and Tucci are great as usual, but the one that surprises me is Miss Christina Aguilera. She's so naturally and definitely a movie star. Burlesque is the best debut movie by a pop star.
  44. Nov 30, 2010
    CHRISTINA AGUILERA WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD

This film is about fun, AMAZING MUSIC NUMBERS and a great performance by Christina Aguilera who deserves a Golden Globe for her debut role in Hollywood, she can dance, she can ACT, she can dance and has a classic beauty. Michael Kaplan costumes bring the old Hollywood Glamour, the cinematography is excellent, too. Cher WELCOME TO BURLESQUE
    number is an amazing welcome to this world, where, fun, tease and love can live in a musical environment. BOUND TO YOU, SHOW ME HOW YOU BURLESQUE and YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST OF ME are going to be the front runners for Best Original Song for the Oscars. Critics are so biased and hypocrites...BURLESQUE is pure FUN.

The people was laughing, dancing and clapping during the film....WOW.
  45. Nov 29, 2010
    I loved this movie. The technical aspects were outstanding. The sound, lighting, costuming were brilliant. The dancing was amazing. I was overwhelmed by Christina's singing and dancing. I had no idea that she was this talented. Cher's performance was quite satisfying and her voice had power, emotion and depth. This film was the best of movie making. It makes you realize just how much talent and creativity exists in Hollywood. Thank you to all those associated with this film; it was a wonderful holiday gift. Enjoy! Expand
  46. Nov 28, 2010
    Thppppppp, generally speaking, with a scant few !!!!! all during truly electric dance numbers, which in and of themselves were very electric and !!!!! worthy. But the story is trite. The talents of Cher -- who so wowed us in Moonstruck -- and of Stanley Tucci -- who so wowed us in about everything he's ever done -- are painfully benched. It's just gum in your hair torture finally to watch unfold the lead in for Cher's 2nd and final number - like someone threw a discarded decorative pillow haphazardly back on random couch to get it up off the floor. Your attention to her number is rudely interrupted by the guy in your head shouting, "O. COME. ON!!" There's more I suppose, but you get the point being made. To go see this, first set your expectations. You are going for the sole purpose of seeing a dance concert. Grab your popcorn, your hearty sense of good humor for bad schtick and your mantinee ticket ( you smart cookie, you ) and go enjoy. Expand
  47. Nov 27, 2010
    Cher was just perfect as the older fairy godmother. She has matured and aged beautifully. Still sings better than ever. I loved seeing her and am inspired by her age and beauty. Christina is in a class all of her own. This girl works . She acts too ! I loved the movie from start to finish. Reviews to the contrary are fine too. Dont see it if you are an uptight nerd !
  48. Nov 27, 2010
    I was so completely happy and enjoyed seeing this great cast doing what they do best, putting on a great show . Go see it and have fun ! Every single performance was spot on and Christina is amazing. She has more belting power than anyone I ever saw. Maybe people are jealous of her, but she leads ....
  49. Nov 27, 2010
    Go and be entertained ! Holy christmas, people need to relax and get into it. Why are these mainstream reviewers so tight assed ? SNAP OUT OF IT ! Great movie and I am a new fan of Christina. She is an amazing singer and her acting was fabulous. CHER needs no review to be fab, she just has to show up !
  50. Nov 27, 2010
    I loved every second of this movie!! Fun and Frivolously entertaining!!! A high recomondation. Go see this film if you just wanna have a good time, made me feel like clubbing afterwards. A++
  51. Nov 26, 2010
    A great, unpretentious musical with soul, incredible music, talented cast and spectacular performances! Burlesque is one of the most entertaining and charming movies to come out this year!
  52. Nov 25, 2010
    Maybe a 5.8. At its best, it's a tribute to Cabaret and Chicago, and at its worst, it's a poor, glaringly obvious imitation of them. The best parts of Burlesque is the song and dance numbers, the wonderful chemistry of Stanley Tucci and every actor he interacts with (especially Cher), and the occasional moment of actual romantic comedy (and there are a few, even between the young lovers). The worst parts of Burlesque: the no-real-conflict storyline, the criminal under-use of Alan Cumming, and the missed opportunity at having Kristen Bell's character have a real rivalry with Christina Aguilera's (or any development, for that matter). Bell and Cumming are both tremendous musical actors, and it seems such a waste to have them in a musical where they don't get to strut their stuff. But, when it's good, it's a pleasure. When it's bad, it's painful. Expand
  53. Nov 24, 2010
    Even though it's campy, cliched and overlong, Burlesque somehow still manages to be enjoyable and entertaining. Just turn off your brain and enjoy the shiny, sparkley show.
  54. Nov 24, 2010
    A surprisingly great time at the movies! Lets me be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this movie. It seems to cliche and over done but if you can get past what little story there is, you will find that there is something to enjoy for everyone. Christina Aguilera is flawless, something I never thought i would be saying.
  55. Nov 24, 2010
    BURLESQUE is so BURLESQUE they did a perfect work and delivery a msg to the world have fun without touch Fun Fun Fun , so amazing film in general the film count with super performances the music is so good !!!!
  56. Nov 24, 2010
    BURLESQUE IS HOT! Cher is HOT! (The old girl's still got it!!) Christina is HOT! The chorus gals are HOT! The guys are HOT! The music is HOT! The sets are HOT! Even Stanley Tucci is HOT! (And always great!) To all you freakin' critics, you can pick all you want; most of you are so full of your own self importanc...e that you have forgotten how to enjoy a movie. Okay, so there's no groundbreaking storyline and it hints of Cabaret, Showgirls and Moulin Rouge! So what! Just suspend your belief for a couple of hours and enjoy yourself. You won't regret it! This movie is HOT! I've been in the movie business for 45 years now and very, very, very few movies have I had this much fun watching. And, that's what it's all about. Have fun, let this flick flow over you and carry you toe-tapping and cheering for a couple of hours. This is one time the ticket price is worth every penny. Did I mention? THIS MOVIE IS HOT! Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Helen O\\\'Hara
    Dec 13, 2010
    Intentionally or not, it might be the comedy of the year. The music and dance are thrilling and the costumes saucy enough to satisfy, but the whole is so camp and clichéd that it must be deliberate. Right?
  2. Reviewed by: M. E. Russell
    Dec 10, 2010
    The drama is telegraphed and glossy and un-fascinating; the edges have been belt-sanded until any camp value is lost. And it's filmed in that "Moulin Rouge"/"Chicago" style where you see half a dance move before the shot cuts -- which somehow makes a lot of difficult, sexy work seem simultaneously frenetic and boring.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Dec 9, 2010
    A small group of viewers will find in Burlesque a gem to treasure for years to come. It's a bad movie lover's wet dream. For the average multiplex stalker, however, it exists somewhere between inconsequential and a waste of time, so that's where I'll peg it.