MCA/Universal Pictures | Release Date: November 22, 1995
8.9
Universal acclaim based on 404 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MichaelF.Nov 5, 2001
This film isn't a classic like "Goodfellas." This is a typical Scorsese film, the rise and fall of a gangster. The film is too overlong by maybe and hour. The ending is way too violent and pointless. Some of the characters are way too This film isn't a classic like "Goodfellas." This is a typical Scorsese film, the rise and fall of a gangster. The film is too overlong by maybe and hour. The ending is way too violent and pointless. Some of the characters are way too familiar. The thing that saves this film is Scoroses's brilliant directing. His pacing is fine, the film is quite boring. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DavidW.Oct 1, 2002
It's hard too see why any director would put a scene in, where two brothers are beat nearly too death with bats, stripped and dumped in a hole in the ground and burried while still alive. Discusting scene.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
TimeAug 16, 2010
LOL I really think DavidH nailed it. Usually this is where I'd lay into an overrated frat-boy standby, but I come to this page only to find that I've been preempted.
ScraperDec 28, 2011
Almost an exact duplicate of Goodfellas only this time Joe Pesce has some weird, contrived accent. I feel like Scorsese could rattle off this kind of footage all day, and I would watch, but I've already had my fill.