8.1

1. Sep 5, 2012
    I recently rewatched this film and though I remember liking it the first time it was ( I certainly can't say lovlier) better the 2nd time around.
    It works on so many levels the classic story, the acting, perfect Hitchcokian score courtesy of Philip Glass and finally it is beautifully shot. I agree with Manahlo Dargas maybe Woody should abandon comedies all together? I especially feel that after seeing "From Rome with Love". Cassandra's Crossing is one of those movies you want to rescue the characters, save them from themselves somehow. The two leads, Colin Farrel & Ewan McGregor have such chemistry and Farrel gives a truly poignant performance makes a gambling addiction understandable in a way I've not seen before on screen.
    Please see this film
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    A steady, captivating movie. There is no dizzying action, explotions, or dazzling special effects, but the movie manages to be one of the best I've watched recently.

The characters are introduced well, as are their lives and patterns. They grow thorough the movie - especially the brothers Terry (Farrell) and Ian (McGregor). In the beginning the first is a gambling man living on his luck, while the latter dreams big but it keeping his feet safely on the ground.

When the game gets tough, though, it is almost surprising who is going to grow a conscience, and who will bury their fellow men for their dreams.

Drama, love between brothers and family, and dreams close to coming true mingle in this film. Blood is thicker than water, they say; family is everything, they say here. 'How far; how long; how deep?', I ask.

I loved the ending, especially. After all the drama and hard (impossible) decisions, it all comes down into such basic things. Our big struggles in life are such a small thing in the eyes of the world.

Cassandra's Dream, an earnest meditation on greed, desire, murder and class struggle, is one of Woody Allen's funniest movies in years -- except Allen doesn't know it.
  2. In thematic terms, Cassandra's Dream could be looked at as a rebuttal to "Crimes and Misdemeanors."
    An uninspired if perfectly watchable drama.