Warner Bros. Entertainment | Release Date: February 10, 2012
5.7
Mixed or average reviews based on 113 Ratings
Watch Now
CineAutoctonoDec 22, 2015
" Journey 2 " was somewhat derailed the first , but excel work Dwayne Johnson and amazing visual effects, was a bit boring and not credited literature of Jules Verne in the credits.
SeanandethanApr 1, 2014
Ho hum. Mediocre writing, cheesy acting, so so CGI (except the bee fight, which was great). Ray Harryhausen would have done better. See the 60s classic Mysterious Island instead.
jwt7000Aug 21, 2013
I liked the 3D effects but not the overall visual effects. Although a fun movie with a great story, the overall movie itself is a tossup despite having the acting and the scripting significantly flawed.
tallmanwritingNov 13, 2012
Luis Guzman is by far the most watchable part of this mostly boring, unwatchable garbage. His moments of levity make up for some serious overacting by The Rock, Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens. Poor Michael Caine to be associated withLuis Guzman is by far the most watchable part of this mostly boring, unwatchable garbage. His moments of levity make up for some serious overacting by The Rock, Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens. Poor Michael Caine to be associated with this show. The tiny elephants were sort of cute. Expand
AkkharMay 24, 2012
Im not gonna say its not a fun movie . Journey 2: The Mysterious Island is definitely a fun and entertainment movie . But it failed to pass the original . The worst thing of the movie was its script . It was too week and childish . It feltIm not gonna say its not a fun movie . Journey 2: The Mysterious Island is definitely a fun and entertainment movie . But it failed to pass the original . The worst thing of the movie was its script . It was too week and childish . It felt like they didn't even care about the script . There was so many things on the movie and nothing was shown perfectly . and they showed The Mysterious Island with a bow on it.
Brad Peyton;s direction wasn't bad , he show the island beautifully but Eric Brevig did a lot better in the first film .
as for the cast , really missed Brendan , the movie could have been a lot better with him in it . Johnson did good in the lead role but as i said Brendan was so much better. As for Josh i think he is getting weaker . He was so good in the first film but in this one he was not at all . Vanessa was hot , beautiful and sexy but about half of the time i felt like she was re-acting too much . In the beginning if the Q4 when she saw her father was gone she literary smiled !!!!! and as for Michael & Luis Guzman , they were the worst and maybe their worst acting role was this .
N ow lets talk about the location and special effects .... WOW , Amazing , Awesome...... the best and the most awesome thing that kept me going through the whole film . I love Hawaii and it was Hawaii with effect of Mysterious Island and it was super . all the effect shots were stunning. Loved it and 90 of my positivity goes to this part.
Overall Journey 2: The Mysterious Island was a fun movie with a super bad script with amazing Special effects . Waiting for the trip o the Moon if they work on the story.
hcookieMay 20, 2012
A delightful movie for the children. A terrible movie to sit through for an adult. If a Movie ever was made via a paint by numbers route., Journey 2 is a text book example.

A great movie to bring your kids. Just make sure you have your ipad

A great movie to bring your kids. Just make sure you have your ipad with you and a great set of headphones.
ZilcellMay 5, 2012
This is clever adventure movie, even if the story does get out of hand. Dwayne Johnson gives a decent performance here as well.
heyitsmegrif4Apr 30, 2012
Due to uneven pacing, cheesy dialogue, lacking ambition like the stories have, and losing Brendan Fraiser's charm. Thanks to it being quite funny, visually stunning, and bringing plenty of visual and frightening thrills it is worth the moneyDue to uneven pacing, cheesy dialogue, lacking ambition like the stories have, and losing Brendan Fraiser's charm. Thanks to it being quite funny, visually stunning, and bringing plenty of visual and frightening thrills it is worth the money for a solid adventure flick. It just doesn't live up to its predecessor. I give this movie 52%. Expand
orchidApr 1, 2012
I went to see this by myself at the movies. I looked like such a knob but the one thing that I loved about this movie was the ELEPHANTS! hahaha amazing! and so cute! Rating is down for the idiocy of the main guy whose the Scorpion King.
WackyHades374Feb 22, 2012
OK movie. It really is pretty harmless for any kids, and there is nothing in the movie that should really make people hate. Dwanye Johnson as usual puts on a bland performance and Josh Hutcherson tries his best to save the movie, but I guessOK movie. It really is pretty harmless for any kids, and there is nothing in the movie that should really make people hate. Dwanye Johnson as usual puts on a bland performance and Josh Hutcherson tries his best to save the movie, but I guess it mildly succeeds as a kids movie and nothing more. Expand
grandpajoe6191Feb 13, 2012
The movie is bad. Dwayne Johnson is terrible as usual and the script is downright awful. Thank the lord that at least I watched it in IMAX 3D, which increased my rating to like a 4.
Khunter4382Feb 13, 2012
Of course The Rock isn't going to shine much in this film, although, this is one of his better performances. This film is harmless fun and the effects are pretty good. It spends little time on story and slingshots the audience onto theOf course The Rock isn't going to shine much in this film, although, this is one of his better performances. This film is harmless fun and the effects are pretty good. It spends little time on story and slingshots the audience onto the Mysterious Island. They want us to spend most of our time there, and I can't say that I blame them. As always, Michael Caine is a delight and Hudgens gives the male audience something to look at. Beyond that, I can't say much more other than the aforementioned: it's harmless fun and the effects are pretty good. Kids will eat this up like ice cream! Expand
paulgreenFeb 11, 2012
I can't say that it film the best or very gut. I have seen more interestings film like Harry Potter or Transformers or Tron: Legency and I thought that it will be more interesting!