7.4

1. Sep 7, 2011
    This one made me laugh harder than it's predecessor, but less often. I feel like the artistic vision of the first movie was lost for more of gross-out comedy. Like I said, it did make me laugh, and it was worth the watch, but it's what you should expect from a sequel of a classic.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    a good movie that is funny but not as good as the first . the donkey show thing definitly should have been left out . randal though seems to be spot on and what id imagine him to be 10+ years later.
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this movie!! The first Clerks is great and this one is better than the original. Love all the jokes and love the new concept of working the recurring Mooby's. What handicap, the guy is in a wheelchair
  4. Jun 12, 2011
    I really feel that Kevin Smith is over rated as a director. I liked Chasing Amy, dogma and mall rats but the clerks movie just don't do it for me. Its just to much potty humor for my taste.
  5. Nov 22, 2014
    I can't say I enjoy this film as much as the first. I love all the banter between the characters. It reminds me of working at a minimum wage job myself but Randall and Dante just can't get away with as much after they have aged so much so that its a little less effective.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A softer, flabbier and considerably higher-budgeted follow-up to Kevin Smith's 1994 indie sensation that nevertheless packs enough riotous exchanges and pungent sexual obscenities to make its 97 minutes pass by with ease.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Clerks II can't bear the strain of its amateur-hour theatrics, no matter how big its heart or how many crocodile tears it manages to squirt. The dramatic moments become melodramatic; the bawdy moments turn icky. The fans will eat it up.
    By this point, the rhythms of Smith's dialogue are as predictable and mannered as haikus, and like sitcoms, Clerks II is mostly appealing in its familiarity, from the rat-a-tat cussing to the cameos from Smith's repertory company to the extended riffing on "Star Wars" and geek culture.