5.9

1. Mar 24, 2013
    Clockstoppers seemed like a Back To The Future rip off to me, but I'd wanted to see the it because I am a Sci-Fi geek and it was directed by Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes. My expectations weren't very high and the story, based in Science Fiction, had the potentially of being too hard for audiences to understand. The writers decided to go another way with it and put this unique, experimentalClockstoppers seemed like a Back To The Future rip off to me, but I'd wanted to see the it because I am a Sci-Fi geek and it was directed by Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes. My expectations weren't very high and the story, based in Science Fiction, had the potentially of being too hard for audiences to understand. The writers decided to go another way with it and put this unique, experimental technology in the accidental hands of a teenager, and then marketed the whole package to young adults. It sounded a bit sketchy to me too and that's why it took me almost ten years to see it, but what I learned from this film, you can never judge a DVD by it's cover. Clockstoppers combines Einstein's Theory of Relativity with teenage rebellion in an action packed film that will really leave you on the edge of your seat. The story starts when a former student of Prof. George Gibbs sends him a prototype, of a watch, that speeds up your molecules to the point where it looks like everything else is standing still. Prof. Gibbs soon leaves to go on vacation when his son finds the watch and wears it out, thinking it's a normal watch. Once he learns the truth, other Clockstoppers show up to try and kill him, and that's when the film really gets going. The acting and special effects aren't really what draws you into Clockstoppers, it's the story, which throws you in every single direction and leaves you craving more. This was a film that was at the bottom of my list, that I watched because it was short and it was streaming. I was just looking for something to watch before bed, and what I found instead was a terrific Science Fiction adventure that fell way under the radar. Expand
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    Clockstoppers is just a middling, PG-rated tween movie with nothing more to offer than entertainment. Although it doesn't bring anything new to the table, the kids should enjoy it.

Botches what could be the most mischievous power since Scott Baio's telekinesis in the 1982 comedy "Zapped!": a wristwatch that speeds up time for the user until the rest of the world seems to be standing still.
  2. Stops time, all right -- it stretches 94 minutes into something that begins to feel like infinity.
    The movie has been produced by Nickelodeon, and will no doubt satisfy its intended audience enormously. It does not cross over into the post-Nickelodeon universe.