7.6

1. Apr 6, 2014
    what a great movie . it is off the charts , brilliant . and better then the sequel . Grade A+....................................................................
  2. Mar 26, 2014
    A vivid look into the world of cloudy with a chance of meatballs. Those who enjoy the book will definatly enjoy this new take on the popular children's book, Not completely like the book, but prety close. Overall a really enjoyable film for everyone.
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    I just saw it for the first time and I just flat out disliked it. It was very unfunny, Animation was so-so, and even then it was far too generic and flat out unlikable. I would not recommend it at all.
  4. Jan 24, 2014
    What a great movie! Super funny! fast comedy bits! a unique, interesting story. Great voice overs! This is one of my favorite cgi animation movies out there!
  5. Jan 16, 2014
    Although it is clichéd and undoubtely overhyped, Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs is funny and offers a visual treat which is hard to resist. (Especially for kids)
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    Cloudy with a chance of itchy balls.
    The movie is silly, gooey, and most of the time gross. The comedy isn't there, and the characters aren't very likeable. The animation is average at best. I really wouldn't recommend this even as a kids movie because its really just 5% story and 95% randomness.
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    The plot completely decimates many movie conventions (while embracing others) and there's a lot of heart and quirky humor that you don't seem to see in most other movies. It's leaps and bounds ahead of most family movies and even compared to non family movies it's still a pretty top notch production. This parody of disaster movies is ingenious and enjoyable in almost every way possible. Plus it's got Bruce Campbell and Mr. T in it. Expand
  8. Sep 26, 2013
    Do not get me wrong this film is not terrible but it is not great either. I guess I more shocked at just how much of a positive response this film has gotten especially via WatchMojo’s Top Ten list and Spill Review. The major turn off for me is the cliché writing and unoriginal story. The saving grace of this film though is the characters who are energetic, to an extent likeable, and have a lot of charm. But I am not the intended audience of the film. Cloud With a Chance of Meatballs is a film made for children and as kids films go its ok it’s only when you look at as a film do the cracks start to show. If you are a parent and looking for something charming and safe to so your children this is the film to show them. If you’re not a child I’d say you can afford to skip this one. Nothing bad in this but at the same time nothing spectacular just a cute little film that will keep kids entertained nothing more. Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2013
    The book is better, and more sanctioned, but the movie is okay for a Saturday afternoon when the kiddies want to watch something and you have nothing else better to do at that moment.
  10. Aug 29, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs what a silly name for a movie. I don`t know why I attempted to watch a movie with a name like this, but it turned out pretty epic in a strange way.
  11. Nov 22, 2012
    I had to give this movie a 10 to bump the rating up for all the idiots out there who think this movie is anything less than a hilarious brilliant film. It matches the children book perfect and is so ridiculous I was laughing during the entire film. If you like films like Hotrod then you'll love this film. A must a buy in my opinion.
  12. Jan 29, 2012
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is an undeniably funny, charming, quirky film with cute animation and a sweet message for kids to back it up even though we have seen the films heart many times before. I give this movie 84%.
  13. Dec 2, 2011
    I really like the cartoony animation and cartoony feel throughout the film. Even with a slightly predictable story, it manages to be a lot of fun. The characters are great and there is a lot of humor throughout.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS is a colourful, well animated and funny kiddie flick for all ages.
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    From the same directors that gave you the show Clone High USA, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a colourful animated feature with an a odd sense of humour that will amuse all ages. The film is highly creative with original character designs in a story filled with heart, joy, and many delicious treats. I do admit the film has some childish moments and the third act falls slightly thin in some areas, but other than that, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a non-Pixar CGI movie that is worth watching. Expand
  16. Sep 28, 2011
    "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" doesn't take itself too seriously, but childishly. But the film uses it with pure love and joy, which makes it hilarious and entertaining.
  17. Sep 17, 2011
    The only way to adequately describe this film is odd...really odd. It goes beyond quirky and verges absolute nutbaggery. It starts promisingly, and has some really nice effects, but at some point the plot takes a dive off a cliff. But maybe that's what the creators of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs were going for - an absolute rejection of the conventional fantasy animation. It's easily among the most surreal film experiences I've ever seen, and that has it's charm, up to a point. But it would be nice to have a bit more characterisation in the mix as well. Worth seeing if only for a jelly castle and spaghetti twisters being realised on screen. Expand
  18. May 25, 2011
    One of my favorite movies, CWACOM provides nice humor, impressive animation, an odd but enticing story, and great character moments. Highly recommended.
  19. May 23, 2011
    I called it a rarity because of many aspects - very few films carry the easygoing nature of the film, and the comedian-studded casting, it's surprisingly fun, it's all about food and (best of all) it's as weird as it gets. After watching it, you can proudly say that you haven't seen anything quite like it before but you won't see anything quite like it either.
  20. Mar 14, 2011
    It's just about as good as these type of movies gets. Great-looking, filled to the brim with humor, and riddled with great performances from it's star-studded cast.
  21. Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah the movie was actually good. It's a great movie for families as well and I'll admit, it is watchable.
  22. Dec 15, 2010
    This is a very weird film. That's pretty much the only defining characteristic - the humor (though little there is) comes from the odd scenarios and the satires-of-satires-of-stereotypes characters. I guess that's kind of good, but you'll probably just say "What?" most of the time. But it's not that bad of a movie. It doesn't make people more stupider than they are now. But there are FAR better comedies out there.

Plus, what's with the guy in diapers who shoves himself in a chicken? Weirrrd!

1. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    The year’s 3-D deluge continues: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is an amusingly loopy kids’ meal about a small-town inventor.
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    Goes down easy enough at first. But even at a svelte 81 minutes, this meal drags on too long.
  3. Reviewed by: Charles Williams
    The film combines a pinch of morality with a healthy dose of humor to produce a movie that's entertaining for everyone.