IFC Films | Release Date: November 22, 2013
5.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 18 Ratings
WATCH NOW
dajhornDec 21, 2015
Cheesy campy zombie movies can be fun, but Contracted is dreck. The STD as a plot device isn't enough to carry a movie, despite the blatant reference to AIDS. I am uncertain whether the story intended to portray the protagonist as a victim,Cheesy campy zombie movies can be fun, but Contracted is dreck. The STD as a plot device isn't enough to carry a movie, despite the blatant reference to AIDS. I am uncertain whether the story intended to portray the protagonist as a victim, or as being punished for whoring, or both, which could be the only accomplishment of writing in this movie. Expand
GolderDec 19, 2015
Ok movie but goes on for too long with the whole 'person in denial about their problem' for way too long. By the time the protagonist begins to make any headway it's when she's way beyond help and most people at that point would go to theOk movie but goes on for too long with the whole 'person in denial about their problem' for way too long. By the time the protagonist begins to make any headway it's when she's way beyond help and most people at that point would go to the hospital and not go around trying to sex people up. You can also tell this movie is going to be a drag due to the sex scenes. Any film or tv show that uses sex is, in my books, usually sub-par on the story. I can't say I was surprised by the rule of thumb being accurate once again. Expand
AndrewdeekingJan 11, 2015
Whores piss me off. I never thought I would be happy to see a woman "raped" before. If you can count that as a rape. This movie was pretty bad. Watch at your own discretion.
Crusty_CowboyJun 11, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie a very unique zombie movie. We all have seen in zombie movies that when people are bitten by a zombie, they become one. Contracted is unique because it shows a healthy young lady becomes infected with the zombie virus without being bitten, she's infected as a result of an STD she contracted on a one night stand with a stranger.
Overall, the movie was enjoyable. The ick factor is definitely present, a few scenes are definitely disturbing, and the ending is a cliff-hanger that has you wanting more.
LordMarkMay 15, 2014
So bad it's good. There should be more horror films about demonic sexually transmitted diseases. If parents and teachers want teenagers to be abstinent, all they need to do is show them this movie.