8.1

Aug 17, 2003
    Amazing.
  2. HiperiX
    Apr 22, 2004
    This movie is an excellent part of the "Cowboy Bebop" saga. Match perfectly on the Bebop Story. The characters... unforgettables. The history and the music are quite impresionant. Just like the series.
  3. TomIvers
    Apr 4, 2003
    Frankly, I'm a little upset with the 58 this movie has so far recieved. This movie one ups most major blockbusters released in the last 5 years in all the important areas; involving story line, dazzling animated effects, and witty, quotable dialouge. Even as an adult, I can still safely say, that Bebop is the best.
    Apr 7, 2003
    This movie was excellent! I don't think I've ever seen a movie I've liked better. The anime was amazingly well done. The characters all seemed real. I loved it!
  5. ElijahS.
    Jun 10, 2003
    This movie was so Awesome. I'm going to see it as many times as i can in the theater. Edward was hilarious too.
  6. SamK.
    Jul 22, 2003
    This is a great movie I really like anime and Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites. I strongly recommend this movie to any one who likes anime.
    Apr 30, 2004
    This movie RULED!
  8. G.T.
    AWESOME!
  9. AnimeFan
    Apr 4, 2003
    I LOVE the show. And the movie too. The only thing I have to complain about is this film's rating. The DVD of the show has the true rating on it: 13 and up. What was this movie rated? R! For "some violent images". That's sad. Don't be fooled by the fact that it was put on "Adult Swim" and has a warning that it's "not appropriate for any one under 18". Liars. The manga I LOVE the show. And the movie too. The only thing I have to complain about is this film's rating. The DVD of the show has the true rating on it: 13 and up. What was this movie rated? R! For "some violent images". That's sad. Don't be fooled by the fact that it was put on "Adult Swim" and has a warning that it's "not appropriate for any one under 18". Liars. The manga is also 13 and up. 2 official ratings (13 and up) against 1 offical rating (R, I'm not counting AS's rating as it's not official). So, basically, this movie should've been rated PG-13 or something like that. R is NOT this movie. America has no clue how to rate animes. If the InuYasha movie gets dubbed, they better not rate it R because I saw the Japanese version and it was too tame to be an R rating. Seriously... Expand
  10. JP
    Apr 7, 2003
    A great film, though obviously not on par with Spirited Away. This is an action movie, meant to be enjoyed, and watched mindlesssly-which is great, because when you do so, your just taken for a great thrill ride. The film goes from an old western feel to futuristc sci-fi with no weird jumps or anything--the entire world in which this takes place feels fully fleshed out, a living breathing A great film, though obviously not on par with Spirited Away. This is an action movie, meant to be enjoyed, and watched mindlesssly-which is great, because when you do so, your just taken for a great thrill ride. The film goes from an old western feel to futuristc sci-fi with no weird jumps or anything--the entire world in which this takes place feels fully fleshed out, a living breathing world painted digitally on an acetane canvas. Characters are damned cool, and you feel like your watching a James Bond film-minus the crappy actors. At the same time, don't take young kids to see this. They won't understand what's going on, they won't comprehend most of the good jokes (some of which had to be radically changed to fit with the characters' lips, I'm afraid) and you can bet that seeing stuff like a characters' blood spraying out in slow motion toward the camera will, at best, make them cery uncomfortable. Though if they've seen the CB TV show, they should be fine. Expand
  11. Ishii
    Jul 16, 2003
    I normally don't watch anime, although I'm Japanese. I just don't like the hardcore si-fi abstract aspect that most animes have. And I don't like the fat anime geeks. But this movie kicked ass.
  12. DerekW.
    Sep 9, 2003
    A story of two confused souls, both rejecting the world. And the mano a mano fight scene alone is worth the price twice over.
  13. AceGabrielP.
    Jan 5, 2004
    This movie is really one of the best animated movies!!! Without the jazzy feeling from the series but with the country and rock. The plot is for mature audience though. Nice combination of characters makes this thriller a sure entertainer. It offers nice soundtracks and some cool jokes. Nice fight scenes makes this what we call COWBOY BEBOP.
  14. BlancoA.
    Apr 3, 2003
    This movie rocks!! (And the preview that made me want to see it is hella-cool).
  15. LiamC.
    Aug 18, 2003
    amazing piece of animated movie work stunning and shows just how far anie has evolved. watch it.
  16. EricR.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Screw subtitles....
  17. ElvisPresley
    Apr 23, 2003
    Blanco - I have my doubts if you've actually seen this movie...
  18. sassyGirlF.
    Dec 12, 2004
    This movie is absolutely amazing, I have never seen the series of this anime but it rocks. Specially to the anatagonist (Vincent) because it speaks louder about me being confused to the reality. I am looking forward to watch another sequence of cowboy bepop.
  19. Nov 13, 2014
    If you are a fan of the anime series you will probably want to see this and if you are not you don't know what you are missing. The movie is great with a good plot.

There are so many good ideas at the visual level that you can't help wishing the narrative elements had been more cleverly worked out.
  2. Reviewed by: Janet Kim
    Americanized through western showdowns, shadowy film noir, gangster shootings, sci-fi, Bruckheimer explosions, slapstick, and soaps, Bebop aims to transcend its own genre by emulating all genres, and it falls short only in the melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    If you want state of the art anime that comes within spitting distance of escaping the limits of its genre, this might be your cup of bootleg sake.