8.1

1. Sep 27, 2014
    One of my favourite dramas of all time. Every actor gives an outstanding performance and the interconnected plot is transfixing. -----------------------
  2. Sep 27, 2014
    A movie that deserved to win the oscar for best picture in 2005. One of my favourite movies.
    ===========================================================
  3. Sep 27, 2014
    Crash is one of the best movies ever made. A very clever movie with many surprises and great acting.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  4. Sep 27, 2014
    One of the best dramas of the last decade.
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
  5. Sep 27, 2014
    The best drama of 2005 with a terrific ensemble cast that give brilliant performances.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    A fantastic ensemble drama about racism and how it affects and connects people. The connections
    have positive and negative results as the movie clearly shows.
  7. May 14, 2014
    Crash is one real exceptionally well-done film. The theme of racism really slaps you in the face, but it is followed by other underlying messages, such as redemption. The exposés to the first two vignettes are a tiny bit forced, but the transitions are smooth for all of them and the script is sharp and deliberate. Where the movie lacks it makes up for in acting, screenplay, and direction. Haggis knows what he's doing. Expand
  8. Sep 5, 2013
    As 'Crash' unfolds and more and more characters are shown, it's clear that this is a realistic yet problematic study of human behaviour, it addresses various issues of how we react to various cultures and beliefs, but also shows the dark side and dangerous capabilities of our fellow man. In the ensemble cast include Brendan Fraser as the District Attorney, his opinionated and perhaps paranoid wife played by Sandra Bullock, who are both carjacked by the talkative and philosophical Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges who has all the answers to the racial problems that sweep America, along with his friend.
    We also have a racist LAPD officer in Matt Dillon, who cuts a hardened and bitter man with his own personal grief, which he takes out on others, especially a black couple on their way home one night who have did nothing wrong, these two are played by Thandie Newton and Terrence Howard. In the bigger frame of it all we have recurring character Don Cheadle, a detective in Los Angeles. Of course these stories intertwine in often dramatic circumstances, some become unspoken enemies while others become unlikely heroes. The exact point here is the perception of the individuals being shown, many times there is no intent involved in this wide variety of characters, but their race is enough for other people to judge or be judged by, this message is relatable for the fact that this is still a problem, a problem which is addressed with the fullest attention by Paul Haggis, director and co-writer, who links these very different stories in the most unlikely yet understandable of ways, who could have thought that racist cop who basically molests an innocent woman, ends up saving the exact same woman from a burning car on the highway. Each of these people interact with each other one way or another, sometimes with tragic results.
    There is retribution, however, to be had with these characters, who learn the error of their ways through luck, chance, drastic circumstances or just talking to others, saying that, there are those who feel that they are indeed being discriminated against and want to take matters into their own hands one in particular being a Persian shop owner, played by Shaun Toub.
    The scope and detail that goes into making each character as interesting as the next, they all have hate and opinions, but all this proves is that they are human. A wonderful, calm and fitting score accompanies the film, highlighting pivotal points and shining moments. With a cast that also includes Ryan Phillippe, Jennifer Esposito and Michael Peña, there are some emotional and finely executed performances in the film, they each play a role that demands attention for the message they are sending, a problem is not necessarily being addressed and sorted, but it is being shown in plain sight for the world to see.
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    Just in case anyone reads this, I ask if anyone has a direct line to Mick LaSalle? He's the critic for the San Fran Chronicle, and the guy is a complete douchebag-moron. He's left probably 50+ reviews that are so far from what he says about great films. This movie is not a 50/100.
  10. Jun 7, 2013
    A great film. Crash really struck a chord with me, it's one of the most thought-provoking films I've experienced. Each character in the film is stripped completely to where every flaw is obvious to the audience. You'll relate to a character in the film much more than you would probably want to admit, but it's in this way that Crash effectively delivers a powerful punch. The film is hard, honest, realistic, and uncomfortable, but it absolutely works; the film gets right to the core of racism and so many other problems that plague our society. Features stunning work from a stellar cast. Deserved Best Picture in my mind. Expand
  11. May 27, 2013
    With "Crash" a beautifully fable-like story is executed with some heavy-handed thematics, but the film is still unquestionably top shelf on a technical and performance-centric level.
  12. Mar 1, 2013
    Don Cheadle's performance totally changed my perception of black people. They're the best. He's the best. Racial tension More like sexual tension, every time sexy Brendan Fraser is on screen. Watch it. Love it. Rewatch it. Peace. p.s When are we going to see another George of the Jungle sequel? I mean, HELLO! TARZAN! peace.
  13. Nov 30, 2012
    Perfect movie. It's absolutely stunning all the time. It left me happy but sad at the same time; assuaged but also distraught. Superb actors, and screenplay and editing that totally deserved the Oscar. In my opinion, the music should've also got one. It underlays all these varied scenes with such feeling, it's just fantastic! One of the best movies I know!
  14. Nov 8, 2012
    A compelling and compulsively watchable piece of work with several great performances and some incredible sequences that will shake you to the core. It also gives a much needed message, and should serve as a wake up call to many Americans.
  15. Jul 14, 2012
    You will probably never see a movie this good ever in your life,your fathers life and his fathers life.Trust me you have to watch it over and over just to appreciate the perfect acting.Simply stunning!.
  16. Apr 24, 2012
    This movie is a must see. It is simply phenomenal. The plot is engaging and the acting is fantastic. It tackles complex social issues directly. Anyone who does not feel uncomfortable at some points of this movie should check their pulse. It's deep (in a good way).
  17. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, I would give crash a 9.5 out of 10. Acting is really good. Terrence Howard and matt dillion I think were the best in the movie. Score is good. Story is really good. Telling the story of discrimination and the racist side is just happy, but at the same time powerful. Overall, this is a great movie. Highly recommended for everyone.
  18. Jul 23, 2011
    there are a few movies that can improve our living situation on earth. crash offers to us to be kind and clement to other people. any color or any nationality.
  19. Oct 23, 2010
    Paul Haggis made this picture with a great passion flowing in his veins, fashioning honest, smart and true characters out of nothing, while winding them together in a plot that ennobles the cinema.

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Feb 15, 2011
    Flaws are outweighed by Crash's intricate construction and intelligent.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Feb 15, 2011
    The tense drama eventually becomes off-putting when it becomes clear almost every scene hinges on an unpleasant or ugly racial interaction.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Atkinson
    Feb 15, 2011
    Full of well-observed supporting riffs, Crash might've accumulated more frisson had it cast a clearer eye on how social tension actually plays.