8.3

1. Dec 4, 2010
    Although not without its moments, Cursed is a disappointing horror comedy of appalingly weak performances, repulsively cheesy VFX and a wildly predictable script.
  2. NickH
    Jul 31, 2005
    Ugh... this movie bit the big one. Much like other Wes Craven films, lately. I hope "Red Eye" restores what respect we had for him.
  3. joe
    Jul 9, 2005
    Predictable, bad,bad,bad and lame beyond belief. Wes Craven - go somewhere and hide your Bad self.
  4. Sam
    Jul 7, 2005
    Excuse me because this review will be rather short because i must sacrifice cow flesh to send this movie back to hell for all eternity, and i also must vomit and crap out some of my own blood for a little while, this movie is cheesy and it sucks, that's it.
  5. uberstupid
    Jun 26, 2005
    Pros: cant list any. Cons: too many to list. Overview: Wes Craven, save the American public and save yourself, stop making movies.
  6. jarredb
    May 10, 2005
    This movie was extremely bad. the film was horrible the acting was horrible and so was the story line.
  7. wossname*
    Apr 26, 2005
    A shoddy and predictable, paint-by-numbers 'horror' movie with appalling dialogue, no scares and awful CG effects. The movie is so bad that I found myself counting down the minutes until the inevitable conclusion. Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson should be ashamed of themselves.
  8. RobertG.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Wow. This has got to be one of the worst movies I have seen in a while. First off the script is horrible. Especially the beginning and end. Secondly, it has very predictable scenes, but a not so unpredictable script. I think this is more of a comedy than a horror.
  9. VinceH.
    Feb 27, 2005
    I was really looking foward to this film, but then again who wouldn't be with these credentials? Kevin Williamson wrote a lot of good movies and TV shows (the Scream trilogy, the first 3 seasons of Dawson's Creek) and directed by Wes Craven, a true American master of horror. Unfortunately, something must have gone terribly wrong during the making of this film for it to be so I was really looking foward to this film, but then again who wouldn't be with these credentials? Kevin Williamson wrote a lot of good movies and TV shows (the Scream trilogy, the first 3 seasons of Dawson's Creek) and directed by Wes Craven, a true American master of horror. Unfortunately, something must have gone terribly wrong during the making of this film for it to be so poor. The dialogue for most of it is like some out-of-touch old man's illusion of what twentysomethings in 2005 talk like, and the satire and meta-commentary on celebrity is toothless at the least. I mean come on...taking shots at Scott Baio and Craig Kilborn? PULEAZE. Wes Craven went from "Last House on the Left" and "Nightmare On Elm Street", two of the most influential and enduring horror movies ever, and gone onto this TV-movie quality material. Craven still knows how to conjure up a good scare, and in the scene where the Craven magic truly comes out (an excellent show-down in an empty parking lot), we see just how good Craven can be. He is still a decent director and with better material he can always return with a better movie. There are worse ways to waste 90 minutes, but for the price of movie admission nowadays, I recommend you hold on to your dough. Expand
  10. KeithM.
    Feb 27, 2005
    Cursed?! Yea, they're cursed alright! Cursed with a bad script!!! This movie was a complete let down. Avoid at all costs!
  11. ChadS.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The only way to save "Cursed" from utter worthlessness was if the numero uno werewolfo turned out to be one of the two celebrities that play themselves. For a minute there... But, no. The filmmakers stop short of utter camp, which is unfortunate because "Cursed" stops short of being scary. Christina Ricci is not Tara Reid so I don't understand why she's trading excruciating The only way to save "Cursed" from utter worthlessness was if the numero uno werewolfo turned out to be one of the two celebrities that play themselves. For a minute there... But, no. The filmmakers stop short of utter camp, which is unfortunate because "Cursed" stops short of being scary. Christina Ricci is not Tara Reid so I don't understand why she's trading excruciating twentysomething-romance-on-the-rocks dialogue with Joshua Jackson. "Prozac Nation" has got to be better than this. Expand

1. It's hard to tell who is more Cursed - the pretty young people who turn into werewolves on screen or the people who buy tickets for this slow, witless, predictable horror flick.
    Unlike Cursed, which resorts to blatant but unconvincing gore and violence, "The Wolf Man" (1941) gets its point across through suggestion, makeup and spooky sets.
    The film vacillates between inanity and flat-out lameness, and the decision to recut from an R-rated version to a PG-13 sucked out whatever life might have been left.