Daddy Day Camp

1.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 77 Ratings

1. Sep 27, 2010
    Unecesscary sequel. Pure puke. 13/100 is critics being nice.
  2. Smitherson
    Sep 29, 2007
    I liked it.. but I didn't like it at all... uh yea I like chicken. Baby farted. and Joe heard it... and smelled it.
  3. FredG.
    Aug 7, 2007
    Don't even bother seeing this terrible, horrifying, botched mass of rotting flesh and maggots, unless you want your eyes to bleed, you ears to be shriveled, and the life sucked out of you.
  4. GregM.
    Oct 5, 2007
    The only way to stop Hollywood from making this garbage is to stop the general public from going to see it. That means everyone. Parents included. Momma, don't let your baby grow up to be retarded by letting them watch retarded films.
  5. AlexR
    Sep 4, 2007
    Honestly, that 10 there isn't even funny, it's keep this Metascore below 1, okay?
  6. FrankM.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Shame on you Cuba Gooding and Fred Savage! Bad bad bad.
  7. Wtfdofgon
    Oct 9, 2007
    Basically a bad sequel to an already bad movie.
  8. IivhhanahhD
    Aug 11, 2007
    I love this movie! Best movie ever!!!! I can't believe critics said it was appalling!! It was so entertaining! I actually cryed at the end because I felt bad for them. I love it! I am going to buy it when it comes out!
  9. OthoS.
    Aug 7, 2007
    Has anyone ever squandered the currency of winning an Academy Award more than Cuba Gooding, Jr? (Well, Costner is a close second, with Affleck running third.) Have some discretion, dude!
  10. sydneyo
    Aug 5, 2008
    It was horrible! this was a total unnesseccery sequel!
  11. Andrew
    Aug 19, 2007
    This movie was horrible. I didn't laugh at all.
  12. TimM.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Crap. Sometimes I wonder if actors really read scripts before accepting jobs. Or if there are souls inside their bodies.
  13. JonahM.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Really bad, but kids will probably enjoy themselves.
  14. JoodisonJ
    Aug 11, 2007
    Although I have never seen it, it sounds horrible. My dog went to go see it for her 6th birthday with all her friends and my cousin, (I was decorating the house) and my dog and my cousin and her friend beefy said it was outrageously hilarious, but my cousin and dog always have the same, crap taste... I have been researching it, and there are incredibly bad reviews, and I have seen the Although I have never seen it, it sounds horrible. My dog went to go see it for her 6th birthday with all her friends and my cousin, (I was decorating the house) and my dog and my cousin and her friend beefy said it was outrageously hilarious, but my cousin and dog always have the same, crap taste... I have been researching it, and there are incredibly bad reviews, and I have seen the commercials, and everybody I know except fir my dog and my cousin seem to agree it either looks like crap, or it is. CRAP! Don't see it! Expand
  15. JonathanC.
    Aug 15, 2007
    I have to rate this movie in two phases. The first 30 minutes or so is AWFUL! Horrible attempts at jokes, not even funny, like you feel embarrassed for the characters, and awkward sitting in a theater when no one is laughing at anything in what is supposed to be a comedy. The beginning just felt terrible. About halfway through, the movie actually improved, a story line emerged, you could I have to rate this movie in two phases. The first 30 minutes or so is AWFUL! Horrible attempts at jokes, not even funny, like you feel embarrassed for the characters, and awkward sitting in a theater when no one is laughing at anything in what is supposed to be a comedy. The beginning just felt terrible. About halfway through, the movie actually improved, a story line emerged, you could start relating with the emotions of the characters, and the focus seemed to be less on trying to be funny, and more on addressing the family/social issues, and I actually thought they did that quite well. The beginning was so horrible, I could easily give this a zero, easily the worst 30 minutes of a movie I have ever seen. However, parts of the end were pretty good, so I think it deserves a 2 or 3. Had the whole movie been as decent as the later parts, it would probably be a solidly average movie. Expand
  16. MarcusD.
    Aug 16, 2007
    this sequel is like the baby genius sequels which are all horrible. but i was surprised that this movie's rating was in the double digits.
  17. Andrew
    Aug 19, 2007
    This movie was horrible. I didn't laugh at all.
  18. JaredC.
    Aug 8, 2007
    What a total complete copy of Daddy Day Care, I can't even imagine how the Director would feel if he read the review of his movie he wanted to be like Daddy Day Care.
  19. AlejandroR.
    Sep 13, 2007
    I would never watch this piece of shit because it looks like a piece of shit. They couldn't get Eddie Murphy in the sequel, because he probably thought the first one brought down his reputation down the toilet. So they picked a name out of a hat, and Cuba Gooding Jr was picked. This looks like garbage so don't even dare rent this on DVD.
  20. RG.
    Aug 15, 2007
    This movie deserves every single Razzi next year! And I would like to thank Eddie Murphy for not embarrassing himself in another stupid sequel
  21. AB
    Aug 26, 2007
    Embarrassingly horrific.
  22. May 3, 2012
    Very few funny moments here and the cast doesn't seem to care about what is going on in the first place. There is very very little here to recommend.
  23. Nov 12, 2012
    Even Eddie Murphy refused to participate in this ridiculous reboot.
  24. Jan 9, 2014
    It has morals, and humor, but it's missing a screw with it's preceding movie, Daddy Day Care. It does not have the same feel nor does it have Eddie Murphy. Come on! I was going to rate this a 4 but having a different set of actors with the grown-ups doesn't make sense. Just not as good as the original at all.
  25. May 3, 2015
    Unecesscary sequel with a good cast. fvgnhjytvfvvvvvvvvvvfhyhyjybfdvfdjnfunvufnufucfushfuifhiwhgrhuibihuuihrbuhiuhivehuirfvuihruhigfeuhiiugf biugnnnnb
  26. Jan 16, 2016
    If everyone was wondering where's Eddie Murphy, that's pretty much easy because there's another film that features him that came out in 2007 and it was worse than this. Unfunny and dumb, Daddy Day Camp calls in with the rest of the uncalled sequels.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 19 Critics

1. Any scrap of charm or honest-to-goodness humor already possessed in limited quantities by the original has been relegated to the outhouse in this sorry follow-up.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    This sequel to the 2003 Eddie Murphy comedy may appeal to auds still young enough not to have seen it all before, or who still find flatulence hilarious, or who think adults, when agitated, flail about like epileptic marionettes.
    A tired and unnecessary sequel.