6.7

1. Jul 19, 2014
    Daredevil is an excellent marvel comic and superhero movie. The movie received a lot of flak when it was
    released. I don't see why, the movie is terrific. From the acting to the special effects, the movie hits the
    mark. Daredevil deserves the utmost kudos for staying true to the dark themes of the comic book. Daredevil and The Punisher are the truest movies to the comic books and they
    Daredevil and The Punisher are the truest movies to the comic books and they both received low reviews.
    The reviews mean nothing because both of the movies are magnificent. Both movies are 100 percent true to the marvel comics, A+ for both movies.
  2. Mar 28, 2015
    Daredevil could’ve been a good film. The set up was decent and the visual style was intriguing but the film quickly throws away its potential after the first act. The film glosses over Daredevil’s origin, which could’ve been a film onto itself and fleshed out the protagonist but the film just skips to him being Daredevil so he can fight the Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan does the best heDaredevil could’ve been a good film. The set up was decent and the visual style was intriguing but the film quickly throws away its potential after the first act. The film glosses over Daredevil’s origin, which could’ve been a film onto itself and fleshed out the protagonist but the film just skips to him being Daredevil so he can fight the Kingpin. Michael Clarke Duncan does the best he can has the villain and provides one of the more entertaining performances of the film but its not enough. The film is way too goofy at times and his henchman Bullseye along with Eletrika along with some bizarre choices in filming, editing, and scoring. The cast assembled here is good and fine but while they try to give the best performances they can they have been handed a terrible script. Daredevil isn’t the worst comicbook movie ever but its still bad providing a forgettable film that you could honestly skip, which is a shame considering how fascinating this character is in the comics. Hopefully the upcoming Netflix series will make up for it. Expand
  3. Jan 29, 2015
    Sem sombra de dúvidas um dos piores filmes já produzidos da Marvel,não são os atores Affleck,Farrell,Garner e Clarke Duncan estão excelentes,destaque ainda mais para performance de Colin Farrell,o problema é a idéia de colocarem na maioria cenas bestas sem ação e sem vida no filme,mas destaques as cenas do Demolidor Vs Elektra,chefão e Collin são as únicas que prestam.
  4. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know what your thinking. 8 for Daredevil? The original is worth 6 at most, the 8 is for the Directors Cut version, which is better than the original cinematic version. For the Directors Cut, a sub-plot is added where Matt and Foggy Nelson take the case of a murdered prostitute, with a drug addict framed for the murder, played by Coolio. This addition makes the film seem darker than the original cut. Foggy Nelson is given more to do than be just the lawyers sidekick and we get more time with Matt Murdock as a lawyer than a masked vigilante. Also, the reason the cops come for Kingpin at the end seems more believable than in the original cut. The opening origin is extended, focusing more upon Matts catholic upbringing and making us feel more for his relationship with his father, which makes it more tragic when his father is murdered. However, many flaws still remain. The playground fight scene's a big one, and you can't help but feel that Jennifer Gardners casting as Elektra was just stunt casting, due to her being in Alias. I personally liked Colin Farrels portrayal as Bullseye. He plays the character crazy and enjoyable, just like Bullseye. I feel they missed a trick though. When Bullseye asks Kingpin for a costume, that was the right moment for Bullseye to get his Marvel costume. But seeing Ben Afflecks gimpy DD costume and the schoolgirl Elektra, maybe a Bullseye costume was better left undone. Michael Clarke Duncan will always be John Coffey off the Green Mile for me, so I'm not fully convinced as him playing Kingpin. I was convinced in his battle with Daredevil and him talking with Bullseye, but not much else. And Ben Affleck as Daredevil? I honestly didn't mind him. Who would've thought the addition of Coolio would help this become a better film? Still confounded by Ben Urich finding the gasoline/alcohol marked DD which he set on fire... Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2012
    Excluding some impressive stunts, there's just not much here if you look at all the money and star power that went into making it.
  6. Sep 24, 2011
    "Daredevil" is just the worst movie you can think of in Marvel Studios. It has crappy CGI, undeveloped romance between Affleck and Garner (in the movie), and a monotonous length that rushes towards the end.
  7. Apr 21, 2014
    Real guilty pleasure movie for me, just enjoy the movie for being so, Different, at the time of release it had to go up against the amazing spiderman 2 so, good job for being fun and mindless, this being the main reason why i love the film. The character of Daredevil is very hard to portray and i believe the film did a pretty decent job.
  8. Jan 18, 2012
    I recently read Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil and was blown away by how good it was. Out of curiosity (and my better judgement) I decided I had to watch this movie. Unfortunately, the quality of the comic book is lost to the film. Director Mark Steven Johnson got just about everything wrong. The casting was poor - the most obvious example is Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. InI recently read Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil and was blown away by how good it was. Out of curiosity (and my better judgement) I decided I had to watch this movie. Unfortunately, the quality of the comic book is lost to the film. Director Mark Steven Johnson got just about everything wrong. The casting was poor - the most obvious example is Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. In the comics, he's a fat white guy. In the film, hes a black body builder. I could have lived with this if Michael Clarke Duncan could play the role of a villain - but he's just to damn charming. Ben Affleck was mis-cast, as was Jennifer Garner. Their combined acting was pretty poor - I just couldn't suspend my belief long enough to accept either of them as heroes. I think the director just tried to cram too much into this film. The film covers Matt Murdock gaining his powers (and disability) as a child, his fathers death, his career as a lawyer, his romantic relationship with Elektra, his friendship with Foggy Nelson and Ben Ulrich and his feud with both Bullseye and Kingpin. It was just too much - the movie was saturated and watered down with plot devices. Aesthetically speaking, the film was too dark. Many of the scenes were filmed at night or in dark interiors. I found it distracting during the action scenes; the sequences were hard to follow because of the dimly lit sets. Finally, I'd just like to point out that this movie is CHEESY. Good god. I actually laughed out loud a couple of times because of how bad the acting/dialogue was. The bottom line? Skip it, especially if you're a fan of the Daredevil comics. Expand
  9. Sep 21, 2014
    A solid performance from Ben Affleck and Garner can't withstand the whole 2 hours of noisy soundtrack and mostly bland acting. A disappointing super-hero movie.
  10. Feb 24, 2013
    Ben Affleck is a tool. He's about as believable a super hero as I am a super model. Ben, do us all a favor, stick to directing and romantic comedies so that I don't have to see you anymore!
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    It's not enough to make a regular popcorn superhero flick when films like Spider-Man as well as X-men has wit, character development and high-octane action sequences that makes them great movies all around.

Ben Affleck fits the role for Matt Murdock/Daredevil but the movie is, ultimately, too derivative to be on par with other superhero movies. It does have enough moments that, without them, would've made the movie much worse than it already is but the rest of the characters don't get their showcase, especially Elektra.
  12. Aug 27, 2011
    For a superhero that's supposed to be so dark and tortured by guilt (emotional and Catholic), Daredevil is a rather goofy movie. It's dialogue feels like it was written by someone who had never read a comic book trying to emulate one, and scene after scene of forced drama (and by drama, I mean play a ton of emo songs).
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    Bad script, bad actors, bad felling, pointless.... The movie dont have any good point..
    Unfortunately i had watch on the cinema. Was a wasteof money..
  14. Nov 3, 2013
    Daredevil is a great movie, for the Marvel fans (at least.). Ben Affleck is a blind hero by the name of Daredevil who makes his vision by his excellent hearing. The movie is over the top R rated fun. Jennifer Garner is hot, Duncan is funny and Ferrell is awesome and violent. This movie is so boring to normal man and so much fun to Marvel fans. Critics aren't Marvel fans. Daredevil is soDaredevil is a great movie, for the Marvel fans (at least.). Ben Affleck is a blind hero by the name of Daredevil who makes his vision by his excellent hearing. The movie is over the top R rated fun. Jennifer Garner is hot, Duncan is funny and Ferrell is awesome and violent. This movie is so boring to normal man and so much fun to Marvel fans. Critics aren't Marvel fans. Daredevil is so awesome you will cry. It's corny fun. What we want! The guns are used and the blood is shed. Watch the UNRATED version! (If You Dare!) every actor nails it in this film and the pacing is good as well. It's a 7/10 movie for sure. Nothing less nothing more. Collapse
  15. Nov 26, 2011
    The only good parts of this film are the flashback scenes to his past, Besides that the entire film sucked. The cast was terrible and the whole idea of this film was just an epic failure.
  16. Nov 29, 2010
    Mildly entertaining and not much more. The reason why everyone bags on this movie? It's cheesy, Nachio heesy!

Concept is great and another Hollywood easy out by going to the comic book well at it's finest. The story is solid though if not a little disconnected. M Duncan as the big boss is a bit of a redirect from the comic but he pulls it off smashingly.
  17. Oct 15, 2011
    This film isn't the scarring experience I was expecting (for that I watched Electra) but it didn't live up to what it could have been. It seemed that Daredevil took the middle ground and stayed there with it aspiring to be something more than average but never really putting in the effort. I normally don't appreciate super hero movies for the same reason in that they are way too upbeat andThis film isn't the scarring experience I was expecting (for that I watched Electra) but it didn't live up to what it could have been. It seemed that Daredevil took the middle ground and stayed there with it aspiring to be something more than average but never really putting in the effort. I normally don't appreciate super hero movies for the same reason in that they are way too upbeat and when a comic book film tries to show real darkness it usually fails quite miserably. However Daredevil actually does have a nice tone in its darkness, the mixture of colours actually provides for a pleasant viewing experience with there being some truly clever direction in places (rain face). I'm not saying its high art but it works with there being some incredibly visceral moments. If anything the movie annoys with the fact it embraces a little too much its comic book roots in its representation of Bullseye who (with the help of Colin Farrell) manages to drive the viewer up the wall. Daredevil made some moves to be unique but overall just didn't put in enough effort to pull it off. Also Jon Favreau needs to stop playing the jovial sidekick, if you've seen Swingers you know it is beneath him Expand
  18. Mar 7, 2012
    Other good title. I meet the Daredevil story, and is beautiful, is same like the batman's story, but this adaptation is some regular, some performance are good, but others no much, the story of this film is regular, and a lot of boring. I think that is a correct film, special mention to the church scene, is fantastic. In no much words, a correct film.
  19. Sep 23, 2013
    To be fair, I didn't hate this movie. There was allot I liked and I thought Affleck didn't do a bad job. He looked like Daredevil and his Matt Murdock was a little wimpy, but good enough. I really don't like how much he gets trashed, since it wasn't him that was wrong with the movie, but the writing and directing.

How could Garner be cast as Elektra? This role was clearly design for

How could Garner be cast as Elektra? This role was clearly design for Michelle Rodriguez. Garner was terrible in the movie. Enough on this.

Farrell is just fantastic as Bullseye. I do question the movies design for his character, but I guess it's fine. Michael Clarke Duncan is just phenomenal as Kingpin, granted the race change has a little odd at first, but he nails the character, both in delivery and in physically.

Overall:
    Daredevil Is a badly written and poorly directed mess by someone who clearly lacks the experience for this kind of movie. Luckily the actors (not Garner) do save the film from being a total failure.
  20. Jul 1, 2013
    A decent superhero flick but compared to the likes of Spider-Man, etc there are just better ones out there to look to instead. I actually enjoyed the Elektra prequel that followed more than this, but enough about the bad because its still a good film with an interesting premise and a good line-up of actors. The problem is it never really grabs you and you don't really fall in love with anyA decent superhero flick but compared to the likes of Spider-Man, etc there are just better ones out there to look to instead. I actually enjoyed the Elektra prequel that followed more than this, but enough about the bad because its still a good film with an interesting premise and a good line-up of actors. The problem is it never really grabs you and you don't really fall in love with any of the characters so I found myself drifting throughout, but still there's enough here for it to be enjoyed. Expand
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    There are moments of undeniably zippy fun, but Daredevil suffers from indolent acting, incoherent pacing and a monotonous script that's weak compared to the average superhero movie standard.
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    Okay superhero movie, at best. The score and dialogue are pretty unintelligent, but the added imparity of blindness to the protagonist adds for at least a little something extra.
  23. Jun 22, 2014
    Daredevil embodies what not to do in a superhero movie. Have cheesy one-liners, convoluted plot and a Director who claims all the best scenes were removed in post. Overall not badly shot, but everything else stinks.
  24. Jan 20, 2015
    Un ottimo film,personalmente mi è piaciuto veramente tanto.Una storia ben fatta,un cast spettacolare ed un ottima recitazione,mi è piaciuto tanto anche perchè sono un fan del fumetto di Daredevil e adoro Ben Affleck e Jennifer Garner.

1. Not woeful, not wonderful, merely watchable.
  2. Brought to the screen with a mix of jaunty humor and jagged violence that should have worked more effectively than it does.
    Daredevil the movie strains itself trying to catch up with Sam Raimi's web-slinging megasmash. It's a faceless copy, right down to the muscle-rock groaning on the soundtrack.