6.8

1. TK
    Feb 2, 2010
    The movie is pretty lame; but I'm voting for the series really. It's amazing. Can't choose between it and Pokémon. The critics that voted are idiots. Bet they top rate all that pixar nonsense as well. Lame a**s American animation films should go die.
  2. LoganS
    May 23, 2009
    Yeah, the first and last third of the movie were not very good, but the part on the internet was so epic and awesome, that even now, at 17, I still get goosebumps whenever I see it.
  3. TaiY.
    Apr 14, 2001
    This movie is great; people think its for little kids but they are wrong. It has alot of violence and its for kids 11 and over, any younger and patents should watch the movie with them. But to watch it you should be eleven because I know people and they are 18 and they like it.
  4. Angle
    Jun 29, 2002
    I love very cool! If you watch the series it helps to understand.
  5. NeoS.
    Oct 7, 2003
    If you arent into the genre then you arent going to like it (duh!) But I happen to be and i enjoyed the movie. The hell with what the rest of you people say.
  6. EddyF.
    Feb 21, 2006
    Oustanding. But you will only understand it if you watch digimon. I can certainly see why the mivie would be terrible if you hadn't seen digmon before; it merges the first season of episodes to the second.
  7. KirstenS.
    Apr 29, 2001
    I really loved the movie. I thought it was funny and action-packed all at the same time. I'm a major digimon fan, and i think your never to old to like cartoons. Old people can get lost in childeren's worlds.
  8. JenH.
    Jun 6, 2001
    I would give it an 11, all of your "important people" don't count!! You say it's brainless and sickly animated and the voicework is terrible and even that only a six year old could understand... well I've got news for you, the story line is very choppy because the American editors chopped it up into little 40 minute pieces... but that's not the problem, the problem is I would give it an 11, all of your "important people" don't count!! You say it's brainless and sickly animated and the voicework is terrible and even that only a six year old could understand... well I've got news for you, the story line is very choppy because the American editors chopped it up into little 40 minute pieces... but that's not the problem, the problem is that you don't understand because you only review movies, you, most likely, do not follow the television PROGRAM (yes it IS on TV) and therefore you don't understand the character structure... the voice work is VERY good and the jokes are hilariously funny, the "mindless violence" is for the older children (hence it's PG rating probably of which you rated it!!) I enjoy watching Digimon, and although I am (and personally know people who are) a tad too 'old' to be watching a childrens show, i'm going to have to disagree, it's what is in your heart, I know Mothers who like this show because unlike your "Pokemon Wonder" Digimon has a story line and it doesn't revolve stricktly on repetitiveness (unlike Pokemon) Digimon WAS created before Pokemon so maybe next time, before you poorly rate great movies, you should check a little on the background. Thanx. Expand
  9. MikeF.
    Jul 19, 2001
    I have to disagree with everyone that gave this a low mark. This movie has everything for a great movie such as action, comedy and drama. I loved this movie and so did my best friend Jones we both had a great time watching this. Although I don't think the producers put that much work into it. "Pokemon the Movie" looks like there was lots of time put in it, but for Digmon there was I have to disagree with everyone that gave this a low mark. This movie has everything for a great movie such as action, comedy and drama. I loved this movie and so did my best friend Jones we both had a great time watching this. Although I don't think the producers put that much work into it. "Pokemon the Movie" looks like there was lots of time put in it, but for Digmon there was not. But I don't care. I love Digmon although I'm 12 turning 13 in October, but when I get down to it this movie rocks... my friends Jones and Bennie both loved it. We really like when Augimon turns into Greymon cause that is cool. I don't really have that many friends, but watching this movie makes me feel like I do. So I say watch this movie. By the way, I also think Dark Greymon is the strongest and could take everyone on except for Mew from Pokemon cause Mew is too strong. Expand
  10. MikeF.
    Jul 19, 2001
  11. ZachE.
    Dec 30, 2002
    It really gave me a different view on life. Now I am not a slob, but part of a great group of sevenn kids. I have also seen every episode that has been made, including the Japenese series 4. Thanks!
  12. matthewB.
    Jul 17, 2005
    It's amazing! I have never seen a digimon movie so incredible as that.
  13. catherinea.
    Jul 5, 2005
    It was Awsome!!!! I'll give it a 1000.
  14. MohdSyafiqI.
    Sep 26, 2003
    So good.The best of the best ind the world.That is not Digimon The MovieII...ha, cam'na?
  15. TylerG.
    Mar 15, 2006
    This movie is the best movie i never seen for kids movie and it look so cool i wish i was in it so i could be in the action.
  16. RichardD.
    Nov 19, 2002
    Hey if you havent seen the series dont bother to see this movie either, however i've seen the series and this movie adds alot of answers to things in the series. And skip the "Digimon is a childrens anime" hey so is Sailor Moon to and poke mon and they are really popular!
  17. JoshW.
    Mar 3, 2009
    How can this movie be rated by ADULTS? this is a kids movie and it should be rated by kids. When I was a kid, I loved this movie to death. and the nostalgia keeps me loving it. Seriously, if adults are rating kids movies, then what's the point?
  18. Apr 14, 2012
    This is quite possibly the greatest movie ever made.
  19. RyanT.
    Jan 15, 2005
    As per before, only fans of the series can get it. The original Japanese movies actually befitted the series well - but, this is a case where blending the first three movies together proved unsuccesful. Had each movie been released individually as a TV special or such, it might have been better recieved.

1. Shoddy, brainless, pre-sold kids' entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: John Hartl
    The audience for Digimon is small children.
  3. Comes off as noisy and ill conceived, long on morphing monsters, short on storytelling talent and uneven in its efforts at animation.