6.9

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Disturbia is a remake of Alfred classic, Rear Window. When there is 50+ years in-between the original and the re-make you know it's going to be so different, that they are hardly the same movie anymore. The only similarity in fact, is spying on a neighbor whom the lead suspects is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf shines in what is his first major leading role. Right from the beginning you can see how likeable he is on film, destine for stardom. David Morse is also great as the neighbor. Morse is always very intense and makes every movie he is in that much better, he is an extremely underrated supporting actor. The story is strong, the cast is strong, and I can guarantee you will be on the edge of your seat, this is a good one! Expand
  2. DME
    Mar 28, 2011
    I liked this movie. It was somewhat suspensful without being horrifying. There were some unpredictable parts and dramatic irony. Good acting and good story.
  3. Jan 12, 2014
    I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Apart from the really good script and all the suspense and "oh crap, they're dead" moments, something about this movie brought me back to when I was still in high-school..... minus the hot chick and the suspected serial killer neighbor. Disturbia is pretty funny when it wants to be, and pretty damn serious when it has to be.

1. Reviewed by: John Maynard
    LaBeouf is appealing as the frustrated shut-in, and comic-relief cred goes to Aaron Yoo, who plays his neurotic buddy Ronnie. The ending, though, drags, and the film quickly shifts from a clever homage to "Rear Window" to a bad parody of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  2. The bloody wrap-up isn't handled especially well, and I must confess that the most shocking thing about the movie was the casting of Carrie-Anne Moss as a suburban mom. I kept expecting her "Matrix" skills to show up in the final reel.
    There are no big surprises, but the jumps and jolts are well timed and the overall mood is at once grisly and good-natured -- more diverting than disturbing.