7.8

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Disturbia is a remake of Alfred classic, Rear Window. When there is 50+ years in-between the original and the re-make you know it's going to be so different, that they are hardly the same movie anymore. The only similarity in fact, is spying on a neighbor whom the lead suspects is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf shines in what is his first major leading role. Right from the beginning youDisturbia is a remake of Alfred classic, Rear Window. When there is 50+ years in-between the original and the re-make you know it's going to be so different, that they are hardly the same movie anymore. The only similarity in fact, is spying on a neighbor whom the lead suspects is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf shines in what is his first major leading role. Right from the beginning you can see how likeable he is on film, destine for stardom. David Morse is also great as the neighbor. Morse is always very intense and makes every movie he is in that much better, he is an extremely underrated supporting actor. The story is strong, the cast is strong, and I can guarantee you will be on the edge of your seat, this is a good one! Expand
  2. BrianM
    Mar 1, 2008
    Brilliant film, but the tension could've been cranked up another couple of notches if it had been longer. Normally I'd give it an 8, but there's far too many people on here giving it ridiculously low scores, so I'll give it a high one.
  3. Luke
    May 31, 2007
    A pleasant little romp. Only a little believable, but made well-enough to drew us in. Nice job of casting, and good performances.
  4. RazvyT
    Jul 30, 2007
    The best thriller I've seen in weeks, it's really fun and creepy .Worth to watch.
  5. ChrisV
    Sep 5, 2007
    Great film in years!! Suspense, romantic, and comedy together, that's great!!!!
  6. Rich
    Aug 8, 2007
    Met my expectations and then some. Shia LaBeouf was very very good.
  7. EricC.
    Apr 17, 2007
    Pretty surprising, for a movie with one of the lamest titles ever. Not dumbed down, even though it's marketed towards teens. It doesn't break the suspense mold, but does little things here and there that are pretty clever. If you're dumb enough to expect Hitchcock from any movie other than a Hitchcock classic, you're not going to have a good time. But everyone else, Pretty surprising, for a movie with one of the lamest titles ever. Not dumbed down, even though it's marketed towards teens. It doesn't break the suspense mold, but does little things here and there that are pretty clever. If you're dumb enough to expect Hitchcock from any movie other than a Hitchcock classic, you're not going to have a good time. But everyone else, it's not a bad way to spend a boring afternoon or night. Expand
  8. GA.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Definitley a worthwhile movie, but not quite as good as I hoped. The movie is very entertaining for the most part but the ending leaves you wanting more. I find that the ending was much to predictable and that it could have been much better, but overall it's still a "Good" movie that gets a: 7.3/10.
  9. ChristopherW.
    Apr 27, 2007
    I really enjoyed this one. It's smart and funny and also builds tension and suspense very well indeed. Enjoyable performances and even some romance and family turmoil to add some emotional resonance make this film one I would strongly recommend.
  10. SteveP.
    Apr 6, 2007
    Great thriller! Had me on the edge of my seat. Absolutely unexpected shot at the start. Builds tension superbly and there is enough character development to make us actually care about the characters.
  11. Karly
    Aug 17, 2007
    I liked this movie although the ending left me a little disappointed.
  12. WilliamD.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I went into the movie expecting an entertaining, but probably not very well made movie. I left the theater very impressed for multiple reasons. The acting was impressive all-around but Shia LaBeouf was the real stand out. Not once did I say, "What are you doing!?!?" The characters always reacted realistically, and the movie flowed smoothly the whole way. The entire movie felt that it had I went into the movie expecting an entertaining, but probably not very well made movie. I left the theater very impressed for multiple reasons. The acting was impressive all-around but Shia LaBeouf was the real stand out. Not once did I say, "What are you doing!?!?" The characters always reacted realistically, and the movie flowed smoothly the whole way. The entire movie felt that it had been polished. I am surprised that the movie's ratings are not higher overall. It seems that critics went to the movie expecting something they reviewed, and not the movie they saw. The only downside to this movie is that it is pretty predictable, which isn't always a bad thing, sometimes predictable means realistic. Overall, this movie is not completely original but radiates through the cast, the flowing script, and the refined feel of the movie. Expand
  13. BigRed
    Apr 13, 2007
    It was good, but I liked it better the first time I saw it, when it was called Rear Window.
  14. SlingshotAl
    Apr 15, 2007
    I personally think this was a pretty good film. There are a couple of different plots that come together in end which makes the twist that much better. Good first date movie.
  15. MakenzieW.
    Apr 15, 2007
    It's not that scary movie that is dumb and has stupid things that are supposed to be scary and they aren't. It actually keeps you on the edge of your seat "literally" And somethings happen that you wouldn't expect even my dad liked it and he "hates" scary movies! It is the best scary movie I have ever seen
  16. RandyM.
    Apr 15, 2007
    Wow. Smarter than I would have expected. And definetely creepier than I expected too. All the actors played their parts well (especially Morse......creepy). The director also paced the movie incredibly well, building up dread, and then slamming you with tension and jolts of fear. The most fun i've had at the movies in a long time.
    Apr 18, 2007
    Awesome movie.. I wasnt expecting the movie to be that great. but i was wrong, the movie kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next..movie was well balanced, the plot was good and the actors were excellent. made me jump out of my seat a couple of times, and that does not happen to me very often. Do not judge a book by its cover, it might look like a bad movie, but the movie its Awesome movie.. I wasnt expecting the movie to be that great. but i was wrong, the movie kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next..movie was well balanced, the plot was good and the actors were excellent. made me jump out of my seat a couple of times, and that does not happen to me very often. Do not judge a book by its cover, it might look like a bad movie, but the movie its the complete opposite, specially because you know who's doing what. Expand
  18. ChadS.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Like John Wayne Gacy, being discreet and ingratiating towards the neighbors(in this case, Kale's mom) afforded Mr. Turner(David Morse) the means to carry-on a long-term campaign of surreptitious murder. In the overblown final act, however, Turner operates like an amateur and nearly undoes the precarious "Rear Window" meets "Ferris Bueller's Day-Off" cross-generational balancing Like John Wayne Gacy, being discreet and ingratiating towards the neighbors(in this case, Kale's mom) afforded Mr. Turner(David Morse) the means to carry-on a long-term campaign of surreptitious murder. In the overblown final act, however, Turner operates like an amateur and nearly undoes the precarious "Rear Window" meets "Ferris Bueller's Day-Off" cross-generational balancing act that "Disturbia" pulls-off with more aplomb than other films which extrapolates classic Hollywood or old English Literature. The Hitchcock classic was really about vouyerism, about the relationship between spectator and spectacle, which on both counts, "Disturbia preserves. But there's a difference: Jimmy Stewart didn't have a hand-held video camera; he was passive just like any moviegoer, then and now. Kale(Shia LaBeouf), on the other hand is pro-active; he shoots the action(itself a commentary on illegal taping in theaters) and crosses over into the diegesis(like Mia Farrow's character in "The Purple Rose of Cairo"). "Disturbia" makes explicit that it's a commentary on reality television, so the open windows, the differing panoramas(rather than the solitary building in "Rear Window) represent the flipping of stations, not a silver screen like in the Hitchcock film. When Kale enters Mr. Turner's house, he's like the star of his own reality program. Expand
  19. RalphM.
    Apr 22, 2007
    The first half of the movie is the best - any movie that starts with fly fishing with the most blantent product placement and then turns into a genre blender is worth a see.
  20. MelanieT
    Apr 28, 2007
    This movie was sooo suspenseful! This is now my fave movie and I am only 11 years old! I would see this movie if i were you, you'd be surprise!
  21. DanielleJ.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Exciting to have a thrilling movie. So tired of the predictable horror, thriller movies. Loved it!
  22. LauraP.
    Aug 22, 2007
    Some real suspense. More of an homage to Rear window than a knockoff.
  23. BeBob
    Aug 31, 2007
    Exciting thrilling movie. I liked it. Nice to watch with your girlfriend, if you want to get a hug.
  24. RobbieB.
    Feb 21, 2008
    A great thriller, Shia LaBeouf is fantastic!!
  25. MichaelR.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Even though its pg-13 it was a great horror movie.Shia does a great job acting and the serial killer in the movie was very convincing.Its not predictable at all.
  26. AndrewS.
    Apr 13, 2007
    Wow. I wasn't expecting much, but Disturbia really drew me in. It starts out as a comedy, and gradually increases in suspense and horror. This is one of my favorites! David Morse was creepy, really creepy.
  27. AshleeH.
    Apr 13, 2007
    Thrilling. Suspensful. Very fun.
  28. TylerJ.
    Apr 15, 2007
    Very good! The movie was pretty predictable, however. Nonetheless, the movie kept me at the edge of my seat. There was a lot of character development. I'll definitely buy this when it comes out on DVD.
  29. TylerC.
    Apr 15, 2007
    I came into this movie not expecting much, because after all it was PG. Started out pretty good, but once it dove into the story I was hooked. This movie just goes to show that a horror movie doesn't need to be jammed full of gore and over the top violence. What it lacked in shock factor it made up for in suspense.
  30. JeremyD.
    Apr 21, 2007
    This movie did not look so great in previews, but when I saw it in theaters, I thought the only thing this movie should have worked better on was the preview. Disturbia was a perfect combination of action, horror and comedy. I never took my eyes of the screen. Shia LaBeouf is a far better actor than I thought before.You wont regret watching this movie
  31. DME
    Mar 28, 2011
    I liked this movie. It was somewhat suspensful without being horrifying. There were some unpredictable parts and dramatic irony. Good acting and good story.
  32. Aug 21, 2010
    This movie was very refreshing as it was a tradition classic murder thriller similar to Rear Window but with even more action and suspense. Although it's slow at times and there could have been a few twists put in, the build-up is great and the characterization is great. Shia Labeouf does a great job as well as the (extremely) HOT girl lead. One of the best thrillers in years.
  33. Oct 10, 2010
    A good start for Shia LaBeouf. It has a relatively sow start but as the movie progresses on it gets to be way more chilling. And the ending, although the lighting is awful cause i couldn't see anything in that basement, was really well done. All in all, good movie. Not the best, but i enjoyed it.
  34. Nov 23, 2010
    Disturbia could be one of those movies people look back on several years from now and resort to the fact that it could be the most stupid movie they have seen, or notice it's slight intelligence. The plot is too predictable that the intensity of it takes a sharp nosedive. The tension doesn't seem to peak anywhere, until the last 20 minutes. And if anyone seems to pick up the ever soDisturbia could be one of those movies people look back on several years from now and resort to the fact that it could be the most stupid movie they have seen, or notice it's slight intelligence. The plot is too predictable that the intensity of it takes a sharp nosedive. The tension doesn't seem to peak anywhere, until the last 20 minutes. And if anyone seems to pick up the ever so addictive tension, it doesn't add much to the story. The only question the audience would be dying to answer is "Get the b***h already!" It's a smidge too long as well. Comedy seems to be a forefront for the majority of the film, and the audience won't exactly feel that "disturbed". But there is some intelligence to the film though. A moving plot desperately tries to develop anytime there isn't that one-liner. There aren't many disturbing moments, but the drama and comedy drives the film into something more interesting. Lead actor Shia Laebouf doesn't quite add any substance to the movie, but in the end I don't quite care. I got some drama, teen romance, and a few thrilling moments. It would be disturbing not to like this movie at all. Expand
  35. May 19, 2011
    A terrific thriller and an incredibly intense movie. Shia LaBeouf is once more phenominal as a teenager under house arrest who suspects that one of his neighbours is a serial killer however as Kale and his freinds trys to gather evidence he doesn't realise just how much danger they are in. The film constantly has you invested in what's going on and the tension is built up superbly. DavidA terrific thriller and an incredibly intense movie. Shia LaBeouf is once more phenominal as a teenager under house arrest who suspects that one of his neighbours is a serial killer however as Kale and his freinds trys to gather evidence he doesn't realise just how much danger they are in. The film constantly has you invested in what's going on and the tension is built up superbly. David Morse is so creepy its scary as the neighbour Kale suspects to be the serial killer. Overall a very solid and fantastic film it ticks all the boxes in what you would want in a thriller but it also has its scarier side for any horror fans. Expand
  36. Dec 13, 2011
    It is predictable but solid acting and the film's ability to hold interest through out more then make up for it. I liked the film and I am suprised that so many people bash it.
  37. Jan 2, 2013
    Solid acting and rather suspensful, I am suprised that critics didn't like it more then they did. It was a pretty solid movie that I enjoyed watching.
  38. Aug 24, 2014
    There's ample room to fail while remaking a classic film such as Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window... Fortunately, for us, Disturbia is almost as fresh and thrilling as the film which it is based on. Go, Shia LaBeouf!
  39. Nov 8, 2012
    A dazzling scare dance that's sure to keep you on your toes.
  40. Jan 12, 2014
    I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Apart from the really good script and all the suspense and "oh crap, they're dead" moments, something about this movie brought me back to when I was still in high-school..... minus the hot chick and the suspected serial killer neighbor. Disturbia is pretty funny when it wants to be, and pretty damn serious when it has to be.
  41. Jan 16, 2015
    Um suspense de terror incrível Shia LaBeoulf é extraodinário. David Morse faz um ótimo psicopata. Super Envolvente uma simples prisão domiciliar,acaba num pesadelo maior.
  42. Jun 16, 2015
    A very enjoyable little teen suspense thriller. It was hilarious, suspenseful, and incredibly entertaining. It's certainly one of Shia Lebeouf's best movies.
  43. Mar 11, 2015
    I was a little skeptical when I rented it. But it was great. It had the perfect combination of a horror movie and comedy. Great movie. Get it you won't be disappointed.

1. Reviewed by: John Maynard
    LaBeouf is appealing as the frustrated shut-in, and comic-relief cred goes to Aaron Yoo, who plays his neurotic buddy Ronnie. The ending, though, drags, and the film quickly shifts from a clever homage to "Rear Window" to a bad parody of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  2. The bloody wrap-up isn't handled especially well, and I must confess that the most shocking thing about the movie was the casting of Carrie-Anne Moss as a suburban mom. I kept expecting her "Matrix" skills to show up in the final reel.
    There are no big surprises, but the jumps and jolts are well timed and the overall mood is at once grisly and good-natured -- more diverting than disturbing.