7.0

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Disturbia is a remake of Alfred classic, Rear Window. When there is 50+ years in-between the original and the re-make you know it's going to be so different, that they are hardly the same movie anymore. The only similarity in fact, is spying on a neighbor whom the lead suspects is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf shines in what is his first major leading role. Right from the beginning youDisturbia is a remake of Alfred classic, Rear Window. When there is 50+ years in-between the original and the re-make you know it's going to be so different, that they are hardly the same movie anymore. The only similarity in fact, is spying on a neighbor whom the lead suspects is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf shines in what is his first major leading role. Right from the beginning you can see how likeable he is on film, destine for stardom. David Morse is also great as the neighbor. Morse is always very intense and makes every movie he is in that much better, he is an extremely underrated supporting actor. The story is strong, the cast is strong, and I can guarantee you will be on the edge of your seat, this is a good one! Expand
  2. DME
    Mar 28, 2011
    I liked this movie. It was somewhat suspensful without being horrifying. There were some unpredictable parts and dramatic irony. Good acting and good story.
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    This movie was very refreshing as it was a tradition classic murder thriller similar to Rear Window but with even more action and suspense. Although it's slow at times and there could have been a few twists put in, the build-up is great and the characterization is great. Shia Labeouf does a great job as well as the (extremely) HOT girl lead. One of the best thrillers in years.
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    A good start for Shia LaBeouf. It has a relatively sow start but as the movie progresses on it gets to be way more chilling. And the ending, although the lighting is awful cause i couldn't see anything in that basement, was really well done. All in all, good movie. Not the best, but i enjoyed it.
  5. Nov 23, 2010
    Disturbia could be one of those movies people look back on several years from now and resort to the fact that it could be the most stupid movie they have seen, or notice it's slight intelligence. The plot is too predictable that the intensity of it takes a sharp nosedive. The tension doesn't seem to peak anywhere, until the last 20 minutes. And if anyone seems to pick up the ever soDisturbia could be one of those movies people look back on several years from now and resort to the fact that it could be the most stupid movie they have seen, or notice it's slight intelligence. The plot is too predictable that the intensity of it takes a sharp nosedive. The tension doesn't seem to peak anywhere, until the last 20 minutes. And if anyone seems to pick up the ever so addictive tension, it doesn't add much to the story. The only question the audience would be dying to answer is "Get the b***h already!" It's a smidge too long as well. Comedy seems to be a forefront for the majority of the film, and the audience won't exactly feel that "disturbed". But there is some intelligence to the film though. A moving plot desperately tries to develop anytime there isn't that one-liner. There aren't many disturbing moments, but the drama and comedy drives the film into something more interesting. Lead actor Shia Laebouf doesn't quite add any substance to the movie, but in the end I don't quite care. I got some drama, teen romance, and a few thrilling moments. It would be disturbing not to like this movie at all. Collapse
  6. May 19, 2011
    A terrific thriller and an incredibly intense movie. Shia LaBeouf is once more phenominal as a teenager under house arrest who suspects that one of his neighbours is a serial killer however as Kale and his freinds trys to gather evidence he doesn't realise just how much danger they are in. The film constantly has you invested in what's going on and the tension is built up superbly. DavidA terrific thriller and an incredibly intense movie. Shia LaBeouf is once more phenominal as a teenager under house arrest who suspects that one of his neighbours is a serial killer however as Kale and his freinds trys to gather evidence he doesn't realise just how much danger they are in. The film constantly has you invested in what's going on and the tension is built up superbly. David Morse is so creepy its scary as the neighbour Kale suspects to be the serial killer. Overall a very solid and fantastic film it ticks all the boxes in what you would want in a thriller but it also has its scarier side for any horror fans. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2011
    Somewhat promising at the outset but sadly it degenerated rapidly into a completely generic, implausible Hollywood thriller. Carrie Ann Moss as someone's mother? How the mighty are fallen.
  8. Jan 4, 2013
    People giving this a high rating is baffling. I did enjoy it to an extent because Shia LaBeouf is a likable actor and the girl next door is good eye candy but as a thriller of any kind it is pretty flat. The plot has more holes in it than a second hand dartboard, examples being not phoning the police when he sees the car with damage to the wing and also a prolific methodical serial killerPeople giving this a high rating is baffling. I did enjoy it to an extent because Shia LaBeouf is a likable actor and the girl next door is good eye candy but as a thriller of any kind it is pretty flat. The plot has more holes in it than a second hand dartboard, examples being not phoning the police when he sees the car with damage to the wing and also a prolific methodical serial killer who kills people with the lights on and curtains open as well as suddenly attempting to kill half of the neighbours on the street when he does not have to. It all comes down to poor lazy writing. If compared to a classic like Rear Window it is way short of that quality. Expand
  9. Dec 13, 2011
    It is predictable but solid acting and the film's ability to hold interest through out more then make up for it. I liked the film and I am suprised that so many people bash it.
  10. Jan 2, 2013
    Solid acting and rather suspensful, I am suprised that critics didn't like it more then they did. It was a pretty solid movie that I enjoyed watching.
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    There's ample room to fail while remaking a classic film such as Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window... Fortunately, for us, Disturbia is almost as fresh and thrilling as the film which it is based on. Go, Shia LaBeouf!
  12. Feb 9, 2013
    Disturbia is a tense movie for what it is. None of the characters add anything to the film. A movie that is good, nothing more, nothing less and very forgettable.
  13. Apr 21, 2012
    There are plenty of jolts to be found within the suspense techniques, but the way the film exploits **** cliches is as stale as bread left out for a year.
  14. Nov 8, 2012
    A dazzling scare dance that's sure to keep you on your toes.
  15. Jan 12, 2014
    I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Apart from the really good script and all the suspense and "oh crap, they're dead" moments, something about this movie brought me back to when I was still in high-school..... minus the hot chick and the suspected serial killer neighbor. Disturbia is pretty funny when it wants to be, and pretty damn serious when it has to be.

1. Reviewed by: John Maynard
    LaBeouf is appealing as the frustrated shut-in, and comic-relief cred goes to Aaron Yoo, who plays his neurotic buddy Ronnie. The ending, though, drags, and the film quickly shifts from a clever homage to "Rear Window" to a bad parody of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  2. The bloody wrap-up isn't handled especially well, and I must confess that the most shocking thing about the movie was the casting of Carrie-Anne Moss as a suburban mom. I kept expecting her "Matrix" skills to show up in the final reel.
    There are no big surprises, but the jumps and jolts are well timed and the overall mood is at once grisly and good-natured -- more diverting than disturbing.