6.1

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Definitely a must see movie to see. The Thursday first run show was crowded, and this was people paying $12,25 to see this movie in the Titan X theater. I didn't get to read the book, but I enjoyed the storyline of the movie. They picked the perfect actors for the roles! I will definitely go and read the 2nd book to see what will be coming up in the next movie! Don't miss this one. :)
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    This movie reminds me why we should often not worry about what the critics say. Granted it won't receive academy nominations and not too artsy or deeply thought-provoking or intellectual, but sometimes people just want to go to a movie and be entertained without having to think too much. Keep in mind I'm well beyond 40 yrs old and i do also love movies like silver linings playbook, so you know where i'm coming from. but both my wife and i found this was one of the most entertaining movies we can remember seeing. It does draw some interesting parallels with Hunger games (which we also liked) but is a different and unique take on future humanity struggling (and failing) to control and manage society. Sadly, I worry one of the reasons this kind of storyline is ringing true to viewers these days is because our own society and leaders seem to be running off the rails themselves, and a twisted Orwellian future state seems less far-fetched than ever before... Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    A must see movie! Two strong leads; both perfect actors for the role; with a good plot. I'm not a teenager, and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie; didn't even think once about possibly needing to go to the bathroom during the whole 2 hours and 20 minute movie. This movie should be a hit; possible making over 50 million this weekend; hopefully hitting 100 million.
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    I love divergent. I was already a major fan of the book way before the movie came out, and I honestly was not disappointed with how the movie turned out. A great cast to a great movie.
  5. Mar 21, 2014
    I could not have picked a better cast or director for this movie. Neil burger executed this pretty darn well, and the book to movie adaptation was amazing. I am a fan of the books, and I loved this movie. A must see for everyone, book readers and non book readers. Everyone in the theatre was having a good time, and that is the real reason of movies (to me).
  6. Mar 29, 2014
    The critics are... unfair! The movie is great! Shailene Woodley is awesome in her role! Yeah, he's not like the book, but the adaptation is better than The Hunger Games adaptation! If you like the books, you have to see the movie! If you love Shailene Woodley, you have to see the movie! The question is... How can't you love her?
  7. Jul 24, 2014
    I watched this movie with no expectations, and Wow... this is film is an eye pleaser! I very much enjoyed the story, can't wait to see the sequels Insurgent and Allegiant Parts 1 & 2! Neil Burger did a great job directing! Top notch action, drama, sci-fi film so far this year...!
  8. Mar 24, 2014
    DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    This is amazingly!! The best YA MOVIE. Congradulations Neil for the best movie can I see. Veronica taks for de stores. Shailenne and Theo James are a perfect Four and Tris.
  10. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just so happened to have the opportunity to go to a private screening of Divergent on Friday morning, and I absolutely loved it! They covered nearly all the vital events in the book, but skipped over a few (some they could have incorporated into the movie) including Tris' rivalry with Peter and her friendship with Al. That's honestly the only reason why I gave it a 9. The actors chosen fit the roles extremely well, the soundtrack is just magnificent, and the movie altogether had a perfect combination of intense moments and laid back ones. I suggest reading the book before watching the movie, but since only around 50 percent of the people who watched Divergent read the book, people have still enjoyed it despite not reading the book. Expand
  11. Mar 30, 2014
    Divergent is definitely a must see for all ages. I really enjoyed it, however compared to the book it was very different, but overall it was good. I think that they cut out a lot of the good parts of what was in the books. if you have already seen the movie and read the book you will know what I'm talking about.
  12. Apr 17, 2014
    Divergent is a fantastic movie in my opinion and I cannot wait for the next film Insurgent. I know that people have been saying that it is a Hunger Games rip off but they are wrong. It may have some similar themes to the Hunger Games they are different films.
    On the subject of similarities between films most films that come out nowadays are complete rubbish and they are mostly copies of
    earlier films. Expand
  13. Jul 25, 2014
    Divergent is one the most intense films I have seen all year, I have never read the books but Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Miles Tiller, Kate Winslet (Basically everyone in this movie) did a great job, even with similarities it is enough with its own thing.
  14. Jul 24, 2014
    Definitely I love this movie very interesting and as a viewer I could understand what the movie is all about. To me I prefer this movie to Hunger games. I can recommend Divergent to anybody to watch.
  15. Mar 24, 2014
    Awesome movie. The movie plays with the theme that society tries to force us into a specific box when we really wish we were free to do many different things with our lives. The story exaggerates this theme by reducing people to five different personality types. Once they reach adulthood, all people are forced to choose and live by one set of rules only. The main character, Tris, does not fit conveniently into any one type so she is considered dangerous because she cannot be controlled. Even though this is being compared to Hunger Games (young people in combat in a dystopian future), it is actually completely different. Only the setting is the same. There were a few minor details that could have been corrected. This is a must watch for any fans of Sci-Fi, action, or even if you just like to see a female in a lead role. Loved it.
    P.S. - If you have not yet seen the trailer, watch it after the movie. It revealed a bit too much.
  16. Aug 22, 2014
    This is one of the best movies that has been made since Elysium with Matt Damon. All of the people complaining about it must be too unintelligent to realize the allegory in the movie, in addition to the cool action scenes and good screenwriting.

Even Hollywood is trying to wake us up about society, and yet people complain over the dumbest things because they don't understand the deeper
    meaning behind movies. and for the record, book to movie ports cannot be exact. It is a different media format that is being targeted to a different audience. I have also read the book, and yes it is better but that does not make this movie bad.

Also, this movie is nothing like Hunger Games. Hunger Games was retarded. This movie is far more realistic and intellectual.
  17. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Divergent was amazing, although the book was still much better. The movie was still very good, very well directed by the same director of Limitless, Neil Burger, and very well portrayed by Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Jai Courtenay, Kate Winslet, etc.
  18. Mar 21, 2014
    As someone who hasn't read the books, I really enjoyed it. Honestly I didn't expect to like it after reading some of the reviews but it was good. Great acting from both Theo James and Shailene Woodley. I'm a fan!
  19. Apr 7, 2014
    This is such a good movie, it's far more realistic then the Hunger games and not as childish. So go to the theaters, if you haven't yet and go watch Divergent. It's only a shame that there are only three books made. But most of all the special effects are great because the first movie of this book adaption wasn't a low budget, like the hunger games, when Peeta and Katniss come in on their race car. Expand
  20. Apr 20, 2014
    Divergent is about a young girl named Tris who seems to be "Divergent". This is a great movie though the book is way better and has more detail unlike the movie which they changed.
  21. Jul 21, 2014
    If you love Equilibrium, or any other sifi fantacy movie you will love this one. i love the charters and the plot however the end i really wish they had killed that one lady at the end.
  22. Aug 27, 2014
    People tend to compare Divergent to The Hunger Games. Yes you will feel that way in the beginning but after a while you will see it differently. It covers social issue, politics, action, youths and family. I love the soundtracks.

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Apr 7, 2014
    Loyal to the novel, but welcoming enough for newbies, Divergent does a decent if not jawdropping job of bringing its dystopian world to life.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Apr 3, 2014
    The more you scrutinise the society Roth and these screenwriters have created, the more it seems a chintzily self-designed dystopia whose rules and entire infrastructure are pure cardboard.
  3. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Mar 31, 2014
    Smart, tough and a little bit cool, this is an intriguing opening rather than a slam-dunk in its own right, but the cast - and especially Woodley - make it sufficiently diverting to merit a place in the action franchise ranks.