Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 18, 2004
5.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 245 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MichaelDApr 10, 2011
This movie is stupid but in a good way that will keep you glued to the screen.
python2000Aug 14, 2013
Dodgeball A True Underdog Story is an enjoyable and funny movie even if the two mains Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn are the worst, correction weakest, members of the cast. However Justin Long and Alan Tudyk 2 of the supporting cast areDodgeball A True Underdog Story is an enjoyable and funny movie even if the two mains Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn are the worst, correction weakest, members of the cast. However Justin Long and Alan Tudyk 2 of the supporting cast are hilarious and make the movie extremely entertaining. Expand
George-rootsJun 25, 2013
In a S**tstorm of horrendous new comedies to come out at the beginning of the millenium (aside from "Meet the Parents") some where memorable yet very forgetable, then Came "Dodgeball" and suddenly i fell in love with a sport i barely knewIn a S**tstorm of horrendous new comedies to come out at the beginning of the millenium (aside from "Meet the Parents") some where memorable yet very forgetable, then Came "Dodgeball" and suddenly i fell in love with a sport i barely knew existed and a comedy where Ben Stiller just shined.

"Dodgeball" is literally your Average Joe movie, featuring dumb yet very lovable main "Joes" against the eccentric nutball "Cobras" (the funny thing is that there are too much people nowdays who are fitness nuts like the "Cobras").

But really if you came to find clever and witiness in this movie switch it off now, cause really if you're like everyone else you wanna see some DODGEBALL!, the Hits in this movie make me cry with laughter and with names like "Skillz that Killz" and the "Las Vegas P.D.", the film knows what it is and just has fun with itself.

Vince Vaughn is a very likable character and then you got Rip Torn who i feel dishes out insults just as well as Seargent Hartmman did in "Full Metal Jacket".

Final Verdict: Add mulitple hilarious yet pointless cameo's from the likes of Lance Armstrong, William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and CHUCK NORRIS, "Dodgeball" just gets more nuts everytime i see it.

Final Verdict: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and... Dodge
STFUMETAJan 23, 2009
Funny, crazy and entertaining. Anyone expecting tear-summoning acting or awe-inspiring plots needs to redefine their ideas of the comedy genre. It's funny and you can watch it over and over again. Simply fantastic.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
asylumspadezNov 26, 2011
I have watched this film countless times and I still find it funny. Its original, Solid acting, and its funny from start to finish. I would totally recommend this.
TheQuietGamerOct 6, 2011
This movie has so many different concepts thrown into one comedy, and it all surprisingly works, the entire cast for the most part works extremely well together, while some elements aren't all perfect you will still have a blast watching thisThis movie has so many different concepts thrown into one comedy, and it all surprisingly works, the entire cast for the most part works extremely well together, while some elements aren't all perfect you will still have a blast watching this and laugh a lot. Expand
imthenoobJan 26, 2012
Its a hilarious, original comedy with a good cast that does their part well. The huge flaw of the film? Its gets insanely sappy and generic in the last 30 mins of the film and it ruins the film quite a bit. Its still hilarious though and IIts a hilarious, original comedy with a good cast that does their part well. The huge flaw of the film? Its gets insanely sappy and generic in the last 30 mins of the film and it ruins the film quite a bit. Its still hilarious though and I would highly recommend it if you want a good laugh. Expand
JohnHApr 19, 2008
I would have given it a 0, but Chuck Norris would kill me.
AaronG.Jul 3, 2004
The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and bulls..t I pitied those uninformed on Michael Moore's agenda) and Spiderman 2 (UNBELIVABLE!) and enjoyed it. There are enough laugh-out-loud bits to warrant a viewing. Hell, the cameos alone are worth a ticket purchase. Stay till the VERY END for a line from Ben Stiller that may be the best line in any movie this year (it had me laughing to the parking lot-Chuck Norris anyone?). Go see it and ease your mind for a good 2 hours. Enjoy! Expand
TonyJan 13, 2005
Loved It!!!!!!!!
JoeyK.Jan 2, 2006
This movie is simply hilarious. It's silly and wierd, and that's the point. Don't expect a deep, thoughtful flick here. But the jokes are still great, far better than average.
AdamR.Apr 10, 2007
Don't listen to metacritic this time. I was expecting it to be at least higher than 80. It should have been a hundred. !0 out of 10. Great movie!
JayRMar 21, 2008
Simply the funniest film I have ever seen!
SteveP.Apr 15, 2006
Oh god I love this film. I Love Ben Stiller (in a totally non-sextual way), I loved the Steve the Pirate guy. It was so funny I almost hyperventilated (I'm not kidding).
ZilcellMay 25, 2012
The movie may just seem like a dodgeball movie, but its more than that. Its funny throughout and the characters each have their own chunk of personality to contribute to the story.
irishpencilsFeb 15, 2012
this is by far my favorite movie comon man it aint a 55 get a life and enjoy the littlethis is by far my favorite movie comon man it aint a 55 get a life and enjoy the little things...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................k.............................................................bye Expand
geedupJul 4, 2012
Stupid funny is a good way to describe this movie. Stiller's character is so overblown that if you can't laugh at it, you might be dead-check your pulse. "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball."
cameronmorewoodNov 15, 2012
This is great Stiller. He's not just funny, he's electrifyingly hilarious. Dodgeball's his best work since Zoolander.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
"Dodgeball" turns out to be a healthy showcase of all kinds of humor from an interesting cast of characters.
cag11Dec 1, 2013
This movie was hilarious. Sure, dodgeball will probably never be an actual sport, it still has a funny sense that will make you want to play dodgeball.
mishabridunJan 11, 2014
It has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping themIt has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping them from winning the $50,000 dollars ,needed to repay loans on the business, in a dodgeball tourney. This funny, and relatable movie will have you feeling every feeling man has ever known. Expand
Meth-dudeOct 30, 2015
The movie is funny,entertaining and not that bad acted what else would you ask for?But, sure there is some minor plot holes and some unbelievable scenes but it's a modern comedy…Don't expect too much logic in it.
MrMovieBuffSep 1, 2016
'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story' is a movie that made me laugh hysterically with its slapstick, sometimes crude and strange out-of-this-world humor. It's a movie that filled me with a lot of positive feelings and a comedy that I strongly'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story' is a movie that made me laugh hysterically with its slapstick, sometimes crude and strange out-of-this-world humor. It's a movie that filled me with a lot of positive feelings and a comedy that I strongly recommend.

White Goodman (Ben Stiller) is an egotistical gym owner, he owns and runs a successful gymnasium called "Globo Gym" which is where business is going pretty good thanks to its high quality machinery and facilities. Over on the other side lies "Average Joe's" Gymnasium, owned by Peter LaFleur (Vince Vaughn), and is more of a run-down gym and only has few members. When Peter meets Katie Veach (Christine Taylor) and she tells him that all his bills are overdue, he then finds out that White of Globo Gym wants to buy Average Joe's leaving him in a difficult financial situation.

Peter, along with his crew including; Justin (Justin Long), Gordon (Stephen Root), Steve (Alan Tudyk), Owen (Joel Moore) and Dwight (Chris Williams) must find different ways to make money in order to keep the gym. They then hear about a Dodgeball tournament in Las Vegas where there is a cash prize that they can use to keep the gym and not let White get anywhere near it.

When it seems that they are not able to get the gym and their Dodgeball skills are not quite up to standards, Peter then bumps into Dodgeball legend Patches O'Houlihan (Rip Torn) and he teaches them, in a series of funny methods, how to play professional Dodgeball and win the Las Vegas tournament.

This is a very fast-paced and wacky comedy, Ben Stiller is great at playing the annoying, egotistical and sometimes elaborate White Goodman. All of the comedy is also perfectly timed to know when it's the right time to be funny. The physical humor including seeing a number of men getting hit by Dodgeballs never gets tiring.

To put it short, 'Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story' is worth your time.
choomtabi31Apr 19, 2016
One of my favorite movie's and probably one of the funniest movie's of all time. A instant classic.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1467-Dodgeball-A-True-Underdog-Story