5.5

1. Apr 10, 2011
    This movie is stupid but in a good way that will keep you glued to the screen.
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    Dodgeball A True Underdog Story is an enjoyable and funny movie even if the two mains Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn are the worst, correction weakest, members of the cast. However Justin Long and Alan Tudyk 2 of the supporting cast are hilarious and make the movie extremely entertaining.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    In a S**tstorm of horrendous new comedies to come out at the beginning of the millenium (aside from "Meet the Parents") some where memorable yet very forgetable, then Came "Dodgeball" and suddenly i fell in love with a sport i barely knew existed and a comedy where Ben Stiller just shined.

"Dodgeball" is literally your Average Joe movie, featuring dumb yet very lovable main "Joes" against the eccentric nutball "Cobras" (the funny thing is that there are too much people nowdays who are fitness nuts like the "Cobras").

But really if you came to find clever and witiness in this movie switch it off now, cause really if you're like everyone else you wanna see some DODGEBALL!, the Hits in this movie make me cry with laughter and with names like "Skillz that Killz" and the "Las Vegas P.D.", the film knows what it is and just has fun with itself.

Vince Vaughn is a very likable character and then you got Rip Torn who i feel dishes out insults just as well as Seargent Hartmman did in "Full Metal Jacket".

Final Verdict: Add mulitple hilarious yet pointless cameo's from the likes of Lance Armstrong, William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and CHUCK NORRIS, "Dodgeball" just gets more nuts everytime i see it.

Final Verdict: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and... Dodge
  4. STFUMETA
    Jan 23, 2009
    Funny, crazy and entertaining. Anyone expecting tear-summoning acting or awe-inspiring plots needs to redefine their ideas of the comedy genre. It's funny and you can watch it over and over again. Simply fantastic.
  5. Nov 26, 2011
    I have watched this film countless times and I still find it funny. Its original, Solid acting, and its funny from start to finish. I would totally recommend this.
  6. Oct 6, 2011
    This movie has so many different concepts thrown into one comedy, and it all surprisingly works, the entire cast for the most part works extremely well together, while some elements aren't all perfect you will still have a blast watching this and laugh a lot.
  7. Jan 26, 2012
    Its a hilarious, original comedy with a good cast that does their part well. The huge flaw of the film? Its gets insanely sappy and generic in the last 30 mins of the film and it ruins the film quite a bit. Its still hilarious though and I would highly recommend it if you want a good laugh.
  8. ElizabethC.
    Jun 30, 2004
    This is a hilarious movie..i didnt have a minute where i wasnt either laughing..or enjoying the movie thoroughly...
  9. JayH.
    Oct 7, 2004
    Funny anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a sense of humour.
  10. Tony
    Jun 18, 2004
    Loved It!!!!!!!!
  11. GuyIncognito
    Jun 19, 2004
    Thank god for movies like this. Funny from beginning to end. I'm glad not everyone takes life so seriously. This film will put a smile on your face and leave it there for days.
  12. JeffR.
    Jun 19, 2004
    This was easily the funniest movie i've seen in years - even funnier than old school. a lot of these critics, i am afraid, just dont want to get it. juvenile? yes. dumb? yes. but can't we put the flashlight pen away for a second to realize that not all movies have to be a deep and engrossing affair?! Dodgeball was mean to entertain, and it does so brilliantly. every character wasThis was easily the funniest movie i've seen in years - even funnier than old school. a lot of these critics, i am afraid, just dont want to get it. juvenile? yes. dumb? yes. but can't we put the flashlight pen away for a second to realize that not all movies have to be a deep and engrossing affair?! Dodgeball was mean to entertain, and it does so brilliantly. every character was memorable and hilarious, most notably stiller and vaughn, who played off each other like old pros. if you dont have the right sense of humor for this movie, you already know it from the previews, so dont waste your time. but for anyone who enjoys a little lack of subtlety every now and then, you'll adore this one. it's a classic. Expand
  13. KenG.
    Jun 21, 2004
    I haven't laughed this loud and hard at a movie since Airplane. This is a downright tear-inducing, laugh-till-it-hurts film that manages to satirize multiple subjects while making you care about the underdogs. We need more movies like this!
  14. ForutoF.
    Jun 21, 2004
    This movie was 1 of da comedies of dis year soo fr. a must c movie 4 ppl whoz lookin 4 a fun time. i was laughin my ass off durin da whole time.
  15. JaredH.
    Jun 20, 2004
    I laughed my ass off. Don't miss it.
  16. Fantasy
    Jun 25, 2004
    Too freakin funny for words.
  17. AndyS.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Funniest movie of the year!
  18. PhillipR.
    Jul 24, 2004
    An absolute riot that gets funnier as it goes along. Ignore the naysayers, this film has the cult potential of a film like "Office Space." The cast is perfection. If you enjoyed films like "Office Space", "Better Off Dead", and "King Pin", then don't miss this. Be warned that it is - in places - quite vulgar so if you have delicate sensibilities the movie is not recommended. If you An absolute riot that gets funnier as it goes along. Ignore the naysayers, this film has the cult potential of a film like "Office Space." The cast is perfection. If you enjoyed films like "Office Space", "Better Off Dead", and "King Pin", then don't miss this. Be warned that it is - in places - quite vulgar so if you have delicate sensibilities the movie is not recommended. If you are in the mood for a belly laugh then don't miss it. It makes the best use of celebrity cameos that I have ever seen. Expand
  19. BobH.
    Jul 9, 2004
    To those who did not find this film funny I have one thing to say: GET A LIFE!
  20. MisterThomYorke
    Jul 9, 2004
    Lighten up! If you saw the previews and thought it would be funny you will not be disappointed, if you jsut went and saw it cause some fancy pants arthouse movie from Europe you wanted to see was sold out, you obviously won't be pleased. It's not intelligent but its not marketed as an intelligent movie, its about a sport kids play in gym. Stiller doesn't dissappoint for the Lighten up! If you saw the previews and thought it would be funny you will not be disappointed, if you jsut went and saw it cause some fancy pants arthouse movie from Europe you wanted to see was sold out, you obviously won't be pleased. It's not intelligent but its not marketed as an intelligent movie, its about a sport kids play in gym. Stiller doesn't dissappoint for the first time in a long time. One of the funniest low brow movies in some time. Expand
  21. DavidM.
    Feb 7, 2005
    Funniest Film ever.
  22. sophies.
    Feb 8, 2005
    I loved it!
  23. NadeenE.
    Mar 29, 2005
    It's the best movie ever!
  24. kylet.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This was a awsome movie.
  25. JohnH
    Apr 19, 2008
    I would have given it a 0, but Chuck Norris would kill me.
  26. SusanM.
    Dec 16, 2004
    I loved this movie! I don't know how anyone could find it any less than totally hilarious!! Best comedy I've seen all year.
  27. PatrickM.
    Jun 19, 2004
    I was honestly a little torn after seeing this: I knew I liked it, but was it up at the level of Old School? No, but it was still fun to watch. Gotta love Ben Stiller, who saved it at times from becoming monotonous. But I couldnt help noticing how bland Vince Vaughn was at times. And really, it wasn't just him, it was most of the characters in the movie. The dumbest character was the I was honestly a little torn after seeing this: I knew I liked it, but was it up at the level of Old School? No, but it was still fun to watch. Gotta love Ben Stiller, who saved it at times from becoming monotonous. But I couldnt help noticing how bland Vince Vaughn was at times. And really, it wasn't just him, it was most of the characters in the movie. The dumbest character was the guy who thought he was a pirate. Just not funny. at all. I couldn't help but think that at times, the "average joes" weren't even close to that schtick. They werent greedy, were modest, I mean I think this should have been the "average joe monastery". When will Stiller get old? Some think he is there, but keep doing your thing. I will pay $8.00 to see it...along with two other movies free of charge *wink* Expand
  28. VinceH.
    Jun 19, 2004
    The first satisfying comedy of the year. Should please fans of movies like "Old School", "Starsky & Hutch", "American Wedding" etc. I am glad to see Ben Stiller doing his character from "Heavyweights", which I LOVED. Vince Vaughn is great as the straight man & Rip Torn steals all his scenes. My only complaint is that it's too short! I wanted more plot (and Dodgeball) but the laughs The first satisfying comedy of the year. Should please fans of movies like "Old School", "Starsky & Hutch", "American Wedding" etc. I am glad to see Ben Stiller doing his character from "Heavyweights", which I LOVED. Vince Vaughn is great as the straight man & Rip Torn steals all his scenes. My only complaint is that it's too short! I wanted more plot (and Dodgeball) but the laughs more than make up for it. Expand
  29. DavidC.
    Jun 19, 2004
    This movie succeeded at what it aimed for. Very funny!!!
  30. DodgeThis
    Jun 25, 2004
    This is no doubt the funniest movie I have seen in a long time.
  31. AllenT.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Great movie full of memorable one-liners. Tired of reading stuffy reviewers decry it's not Shakespeare. It's not suppose to be, just a light, funny, even at times endearing movie.
  32. RenaH
    Jul 13, 2004
    Hillariously funny! I literally laughed so loud the person next to me told me to keep it down. If you like silly comedy, where funny things are obvious you'll like this movie. Rather if you like a movie to put forth a big effort for you to crack a smile let a lone let out a chuckle, wait for video.
  33. MartinL.
    Jul 28, 2004
    This movie is fantastic. See it if you can.
  34. AaronG.
    Jul 3, 2004
    The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and bulls..t I pitied those uninformed on Michael Moore's agenda) and Spiderman 2 (UNBELIVABLE!) and enjoyed it. There are enough laugh-out-loud bits The loathsome P.C. mindset of the modern American can't even facilitate the queer jokes in this movie into the 'harmless humor' category. Me and my dad snuck into this after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 (so full of liberal spin and bulls..t I pitied those uninformed on Michael Moore's agenda) and Spiderman 2 (UNBELIVABLE!) and enjoyed it. There are enough laugh-out-loud bits to warrant a viewing. Hell, the cameos alone are worth a ticket purchase. Stay till the VERY END for a line from Ben Stiller that may be the best line in any movie this year (it had me laughing to the parking lot-Chuck Norris anyone?). Go see it and ease your mind for a good 2 hours. Enjoy! Expand
  35. PatrickH.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Hilarious, creative, and hysterical!!!
  36. MichaelJ.
    Jul 3, 2004
    After seeing Ben Stiller's last movie Envy, I was unsure about how good this would be. The answer to that is amazingly amazing. This is the funniest movie involving Ben Stiller since Zoolander. I was laughing throughout the entire movie. It is the kind of stupid comedy which is fun and extremely funny, regardless of what the "critics" say. Watch the movie. Enjoy it. Repeat.
  37. MaggieH.
    Aug 15, 2004
    UK viewer - seen in Corfu on holiday - twice. Can't wait for it's release in the UK as my 17 yr old son stayed at home and will love it. Every tiome you watch it you see something else in the background. And any adult type stuff goes way over the heads of younger kids so I'd say it's safe for families. there's definately a Dodgeball fan zone in Corfu - all the UK viewer - seen in Corfu on holiday - twice. Can't wait for it's release in the UK as my 17 yr old son stayed at home and will love it. Every tiome you watch it you see something else in the background. And any adult type stuff goes way over the heads of younger kids so I'd say it's safe for families. there's definately a Dodgeball fan zone in Corfu - all the people working in the resorts for the season ( Irish, English etc) can't get enough of it - on those chill out hours before the bar work starts they congregate round the screens - " Whats on MTV / Cable ? Will & Grace / Frasier!!!!! ????? Who wants to watch Dodgeball ? Yeah!!!!!!!!! It's not in the all time greats maybe but it's pretty close. Expand
  38. MattA
    Aug 22, 2004
    I feel that this movie delivered everything i figured that it would... crude slapstick comedy and good times. It was all around funny to watch and probably the funniest movie ive seen all year.
  39. Tony
    Jan 13, 2005
    Loved It!!!!!!!!
  40. Wongit
    Jan 15, 2005
    Absolutely hilarious, one of the funniest movies this year. its one of those films thats so stupid its funny, and when its funny its real funny. great movie!!
  41. ZackE.
    Jan 6, 2005
    It was the coolest movie that year.
  42. JoeyK.
    Jan 2, 2006
    This movie is simply hilarious. It's silly and wierd, and that's the point. Don't expect a deep, thoughtful flick here. But the jokes are still great, far better than average.
  43. AdamR.
    Apr 10, 2007
    Don't listen to metacritic this time. I was expecting it to be at least higher than 80. It should have been a hundred. !0 out of 10. Great movie!
  44. JayR
    Mar 21, 2008
    Simply the funniest film I have ever seen!
    Jun 18, 2004
    Very Funny Movie, Great Performances!
  46. RobertA.
    Jun 19, 2004
    Dodge, wrenches, and a very funny cast, (including that guy from arrested development), makes this movie pretty funny go see it dodge dip duck d----uh forgot that one and then dodge again funny stuff watch out for wrenches. robert.
  47. Brandon
    Jun 19, 2004
    I thought this was going to tottally suck but im shocked, it was very funny and cleaver. Great characters...great christine taylor, good movie.
  48. ZackO.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Absolutely hilarious! Ben Stiller makes the movie so funny. i could not stop cracking up in the theatre. the best part is wen everyone in the theater goes "OOOOOOH!" whenever someone gets slammed with a dodgeball. this cant be beat!
  49. AlexmichA.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Its just pure fun, nothing to take seriously or to have deep thoughts about...just somthing to make you forget about problems and feel happy...just pure entertainment.
  50. TedB.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Most of the people in the theater with me were belly laughing. Excellent low-brow, slapstick humor. Rip Torn was hilarious!
  51. DavidT.
    Jun 24, 2004
    First off, anybody who expected a profound, scathing satire obviously did not see the previews. Of course the entire movie is about getting hit in the crotch, but it works! The characters are so stereotypically extreme it is just funny. The cameos from all of the sports people were hilarious too.
  52. AliceZ.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Really funny! I saw the trailer and really wasn't expecting much, but it was so funny! My friends and i cant stop quoting it!
  53. TyL.
    Jun 27, 2004
    This movie is the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. We are talking, up there with Billy Madison. The critics that base all of the negative feedback on the lewd references need to simmer down, you can't be politically correct all the time, and if we were, the world would be a boring place.
  54. VikramM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I normally don't like comedies like this. I really like comedies that don't have much about the crotch and all that. This was a huge exception. This movie was HILARIOUS! It's intentions are not supposed to be good and it is not supposed to be the best movie in the world, but it was SOOO funny! The slapstick humor, dialogue, everything! This was one of the funniest modern I normally don't like comedies like this. I really like comedies that don't have much about the crotch and all that. This was a huge exception. This movie was HILARIOUS! It's intentions are not supposed to be good and it is not supposed to be the best movie in the world, but it was SOOO funny! The slapstick humor, dialogue, everything! This was one of the funniest modern comedies I have seen in a while. Great movie, I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  55. PaulM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Moderately funny in some scenes and then freaking hilarious in others, this is a must-see.
  56. EdG.
    Jul 11, 2004
    Yea, the humor was brainless and the jokes were crude but I laughed out loud with the rest of the theater from about 30 min. into the movie until it ended. I can't wait for the DVD!
  57. SeanR.
    Jul 13, 2004
    This movie was great. Kinda reminded of Miracle except without all the political turmoil. It really is a story of an underdog winning it all. Also like Villanova circa 1986. Truly funny and inspiring. All the cameos were great to from Lance Armstrong to William Shatner. This was a great movie and everyone should see it.
  58. MattG.
    Jan 24, 2005
    Hilarious, but most of the vote goes to the after-credits sequence.
  59. SteveP.
    Apr 15, 2006
    Oh god I love this film. I Love Ben Stiller (in a totally non-sextual way), I loved the Steve the Pirate guy. It was so funny I almost hyperventilated (I'm not kidding).
  60. AmanG.
    Dec 28, 2004
    One of the funniest movies ever made. Any viewer who goes into the movie expecting it to take itself seriously will obviously not find it funny. All the scenes which seem stupid or awkward are SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. If a cameo seems dumb, that's because it's supposed to be! This movie obviously went over the head of some of these reviewers. It's absolutely hilarious - if One of the funniest movies ever made. Any viewer who goes into the movie expecting it to take itself seriously will obviously not find it funny. All the scenes which seem stupid or awkward are SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. If a cameo seems dumb, that's because it's supposed to be! This movie obviously went over the head of some of these reviewers. It's absolutely hilarious - if you can appreciate comedic subtlety, you will love it. Expand
  61. May 25, 2012
    The movie may just seem like a dodgeball movie, but its more than that. Its funny throughout and the characters each have their own chunk of personality to contribute to the story.
  62. Feb 15, 2012
    this is by far my favorite movie comon man it aint a 55 get a life and enjoy the little things...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................k.............................................................bye
  63. Jul 4, 2012
    Stupid funny is a good way to describe this movie. Stiller's character is so overblown that if you can't laugh at it, you might be dead-check your pulse. "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball."
  64. Nov 15, 2012
    This is great Stiller. He's not just funny, he's electrifyingly hilarious. Dodgeball's his best work since Zoolander.
  65. Nov 28, 2012
    "Dodgeball" turns out to be a healthy showcase of all kinds of humor from an interesting cast of characters.
  66. Dec 1, 2013
    This movie was hilarious. Sure, dodgeball will probably never be an actual sport, it still has a funny sense that will make you want to play dodgeball.
  67. Jan 11, 2014
    It has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping them from winning the $50,000 dollars ,needed to repay loans on the business, in a dodgeball tourney. This funny, and relatable movie will have youIt has it's fair share of laughs and celebrity appearances, this heartwarming story about a battle that is actually (kind of) going on right now: Corporate vs Small business. The corporate gym wants to take over the local gym by stopping them from winning the $50,000 dollars ,needed to repay loans on the business, in a dodgeball tourney. This funny, and relatable movie will have you feeling every feeling man has ever known. Expand

Stiller, a DodgeBall producer, is revealing an unfortunate craving for the cheese of his childhood.
    A blistering satire of feel-good sports movies, this film makes its mark via the most direct route: it lampoons by adopting the tried-and-true "straight" formula and tweaking it a little.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Take it from someone who can still feel the hollow rubber tang! of old dodgeball scars: It feels great to be blindsided by a little movie like this.