Doogal

3.1

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Badly animated, cliche humor, bad voice acting, and it has single point of ever making this film. Easily one of the worst films made. I give this movie 3%.
  2. LindaT.
    Mar 1, 2006
    I thought it was a far better movie than the critics said it was. Some parts were actually funny.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    a pox on the critics. this movie was totally hilarious!
  4. Dude-O
    Mar 1, 2006
    Weird movie. Think 60's British kiddie show setting, with a French can't-be-normal bizarre story and American pop culture voices and dialogue. All 3 mix together to push a low brow story with little logic about a dog that isn't even really the main character trying to save the world from the smart alec talking evil blue wizard played by Jon Stewart (who is really the main Weird movie. Think 60's British kiddie show setting, with a French can't-be-normal bizarre story and American pop culture voices and dialogue. All 3 mix together to push a low brow story with little logic about a dog that isn't even really the main character trying to save the world from the smart alec talking evil blue wizard played by Jon Stewart (who is really the main character). If you like Stewart and Jimmy Fallon you can put up with this. The dog is annoying, the snail is pathetic, the cow is annoying, and the red wizard shows up for about 2 minutes, is defeated and not heard from again until the end. The humor is there for the adults and the toliet humor is there for the kids. The animation is very good and there are some exciting action scenes...but the rest drags and just seems to get made up as the movie goes along. I feel like I saw some kind of Beatles Yellow Submarine movie with LSD tendancies wrapped around a story that is like figernails on a chalkboard at times. You'll laugh at some, say WTF at times, go to sleep for a bit, and in the end think John Stewart was told to carry the movie since the other characters are so flat. Expand
  5. JohnC.
    Mar 3, 2006
    This was one of the worst animated films I have ever seen. The jokes were not funny, the cultural references were lame and the voicing seemed lifeless. I gave it 1 star because the animation wasn't totally awful.
  6. TippiH.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Ian McKellan ? Jon Stewart? What were they thinking?
    Feb 25, 2006
    Yikes! That was so bad it could not keep my 2 year old's attention! The movie is filled with pointless toilet humor. Yikes. bad, very bad. It was so bad I am going to stop watching the daily show and every DVD I have with Whoopi Golberg is getting burned.
  8. Christie
    Feb 25, 2006
    This movie was horrible! I will never go see it again! I am not going to reconmend this movie to others because it was childish, boring, slow, and just plainly stupid. Go see something else that is more entertaining; maybe even a story about a dog bone.. That would be more interesting.
  9. Susan
    Feb 25, 2006
    The children (7. 6 and 5) said it was relatively boring. Not only was there a reliance on movie cliches (I think to keep the adults happy) they also had to tell you the title of the movie that they were stealing it from. William H. Macy was bearable but everyone else looked like they were there to collect a paycheck. Sad, because the animation was delightful.
  10. FrankO.
    Mar 24, 2006
    it is a cute concept but I did not really enjoy this movie - appreciated the technical aspect of the animation but plot was mediocre.
  11. AliciaS.
    Aug 3, 2006
    The worst animated movie I have ever seen. Don't see it, rent it or buy it.
  12. AndrewB.
    Feb 25, 2006
    This was released as "The Magic Roundabout" in the UK last year. I notice the voices then were UK-based; for the US release you have US-based voices. Can you imagine dubbing a John Wayne film with the voice of David Niven for release in the UK? The original "Magic Roundabout" wasn't based on a "1960s British children's show" as LA Weekly suggest - it was made for a French This was released as "The Magic Roundabout" in the UK last year. I notice the voices then were UK-based; for the US release you have US-based voices. Can you imagine dubbing a John Wayne film with the voice of David Niven for release in the UK? The original "Magic Roundabout" wasn't based on a "1960s British children's show" as LA Weekly suggest - it was made for a French audience by Serge Danot with one storyline but redubbed (with a different storyline) for a UK audience by Eric Thompson. This film, released last year, was but a pale imitation of the "real thing". The TRUE Magic Roundabout "feature-length" film was "Dougal and the Blue Cat", released in the late 1960s. Even the British voices would agree, I am sure, that their efforts were not a patch on the original TV short films which they would have seen in their youth. And why oh why is Dougal renamed Doogal? Where will it end? A film about George Brush and the White Hoose loose with a moose? Take the kids - but tell them "it's not like what mummy and daddy used to watch..." It's what I did! Expand
  13. MarcN.
    Feb 25, 2006
    This was one of the worst children's films I have ever seen. Boring, plodding, bad animation, ridiculous dialogue, terrible pop culture references -- there was only two things remotely redeeming about this film. One was it's sub-90 minute running time. The second was Judy Dench's voiceover. It was so classy that I am convinced she did it before actually seeing the film. This was one of the worst children's films I have ever seen. Boring, plodding, bad animation, ridiculous dialogue, terrible pop culture references -- there was only two things remotely redeeming about this film. One was it's sub-90 minute running time. The second was Judy Dench's voiceover. It was so classy that I am convinced she did it before actually seeing the film. Other voiceover actors appeared to be on Prozac. Dreadful! Expand
  14. RobertH.
    Jun 16, 2006
    I would not recommend. The humor is a rehash seen before far too many times in previous movies. There is not much of a plot; finding it boring for children at any age.
  15. ChicoR.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Okay, a French animated film, poorly translated, lots of stars somehow cajoled into voicing it, absolutly horrid dialogue. WT heck is up with the Snail having a crush on the Cow? Is that supposed to be funny?
  16. Raya
    Sep 18, 2006
    I don't know why they had to mess with it. It was an English film not French. In English it was on par with films such as Chicken Little, it actually had very good voice acting and quite a witty script. Just sounds like it got butchered for a US release... Why call it Doogle?
  17. AngelR
    Nov 25, 2006
    Ouch! I was actually embarrassed for Ian McKellen, William H. Macy and Judi Dench for having their voices--and names--attached to this vastly generic disaster.
  18. Jun 16, 2011
    Overall An OK Movie.. The Voices Need More Effort.. The Plot Is OK... The Movie Is Cute.. Overall 6
  19. Mar 17, 2012
    Here is another animated film that cannot keep the attention of anybody.
  20. Apr 6, 2014
    Bad voice acting. Animation not on par with more superior studios. Lots of pop culture references. Lots of fart jokes. Simple plot. Why dub it if Americans can understand the actual English version. Butch Hartman and the Weinstein brothers were definitely on crack

1. Reviewed by: Jason Anderson
    The slapdash dialogue and smug vocal talent -- even the presence of the much-loved host of "The Daily Show" is wearying -- detract from the visual appeal of the most energetic sequences (like a raucous train chase) and what's left of Danot's designs.
  2. Strictly for the small-fry set, lacking the visual style, wit or imagination necessary to entice adult viewers.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Doogal is one of those pickup-and-redub jobs, the original version having been made by European studio Pathé based on a 1960s British children’s show, "The Magic Roundabout." And lacking even the minimal pop-cultural pizzazz of "Hoodwinked," the story, dialogue and animation here really are for-kids-only.