7.3

1. Mar 15, 2011
    This was just a another stupid "chick flick." I can't believe that these types of movies are what my generation watches now. This movie is about a nerdy girl who pretends to lose her virginity so she can become popular, it was exceedingly boring. I thought the actors were below talented. I must say that the only funny scenes were when Emma Stone's parents where in it.
  2. Lyn
    Feb 5, 2011
    Another hypersexualized teen comedy, though warmed by a good supporting cast and Emma Stone's appealing performance. Do California schools really let girls come to class in lingerie? I'm not sure, but Stone's fun and witty character was written more like a smarter character on "Friends" than a teenager with actual moments of angst. Never as touching as "Juno," for example. And there'sAnother hypersexualized teen comedy, though warmed by a good supporting cast and Emma Stone's appealing performance. Do California schools really let girls come to class in lingerie? I'm not sure, but Stone's fun and witty character was written more like a smarter character on "Friends" than a teenager with actual moments of angst. Never as touching as "Juno," for example. And there's nothing smart or cutting-edge about a teen comedy portraying EVERY "Christian" character as a hypocritical idiot. What really would be groundbreaking is portraying one of them as compassionate and sincere. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2010
    I just read that Emma Stone dropped out of Sucker Punch to do this movie (Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1282140/trivia) . Bad decision in my opinion!
  4. Sep 23, 2010
    When is it okay to promote intolerance and perpetuate false, vindictive, evil, and cruel stereotypes about a people group? As long as that people group happens to be Christians. If Muslims or gays were treated like Christians are in this movie, people would be enraged and we would never hear the end of it. I would encourage critics who laud this movie to be intellectually honest. Who areWhen is it okay to promote intolerance and perpetuate false, vindictive, evil, and cruel stereotypes about a people group? As long as that people group happens to be Christians. If Muslims or gays were treated like Christians are in this movie, people would be enraged and we would never hear the end of it. I would encourage critics who laud this movie to be intellectually honest. Who are the real hypocrites here? Collapse
  5. Oct 25, 2010
    This film is awful and the strong reviews for it very disappointing. I had very high hopes that it would be a smart teen comedy but instead every character is overwritten. The story non-sensical; it seems as though the script was written and overwritten a number of times with each person trying to add yet another twist. Why is everyone talking this way; why would a character who fakesThis film is awful and the strong reviews for it very disappointing. I had very high hopes that it would be a smart teen comedy but instead every character is overwritten. The story non-sensical; it seems as though the script was written and overwritten a number of times with each person trying to add yet another twist. Why is everyone talking this way; why would a character who fakes being a prostitute be surprised someone thinks of her that way? In what highschool is one person having sex the talk of the institution? The really sad thing is that Easy A could have been a really smart comedy; instead its just a mess. Expand
  6. Dec 13, 2010
    This movie is exactly what you think it is. The plot is predictable to the extreme and there are a few funny moments, but it's still quite dull. Olive is a pretty basic character, the main love interest is very typical and the school's students are all blatantly in their 20s and over the top. This is usual of these kind of films, but it got boring ages ago. This is a good enough teenThis movie is exactly what you think it is. The plot is predictable to the extreme and there are a few funny moments, but it's still quite dull. Olive is a pretty basic character, the main love interest is very typical and the school's students are all blatantly in their 20s and over the top. This is usual of these kind of films, but it got boring ages ago. This is a good enough teen romcom, but it's nothing special at all, and is obviously just a grab for cash and stardom for Emma Stone. Uninspiring, predictable and dull sums up Easy A Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2010
    Why is this movie being praised? It's really truly not a good film. The characters made zero sense. Hi, I'm an intelligent high schooler who pretends to be a slut. Now I have a bad reputation and everyone stares at me because I decided to wear negligee to school and a big obvious red 'A' on my shirt. I have a best friend who has zero redeeming qualities and parents who have borderlineWhy is this movie being praised? It's really truly not a good film. The characters made zero sense. Hi, I'm an intelligent high schooler who pretends to be a slut. Now I have a bad reputation and everyone stares at me because I decided to wear negligee to school and a big obvious red 'A' on my shirt. I have a best friend who has zero redeeming qualities and parents who have borderline personality disorder. Oh and for some reason all of the other sluts in school aren't given such a hard time as me. I am confused, but don't get me wrong I'm smart. Expand
  8. Oct 28, 2010
    I found the story line of this movie pathetic and trivial.HOWEVER, I think Emma Stone is going to be a very big star.I would have walked out of this movie but she was just so captivating and likable.It would be a good movie to rent just to see her shine.
  9. Feb 15, 2011
    I really did not like this movie. The acting wasn't good, and her blond friend was just annoying. This is not how teenagers act! Completely unrealistic.
  10. Jan 23, 2011
    Another boring chick flick we have seen million times already. Lame jokes that are not even funny. If you want to see this movie just watch 'Mean Girls' again.
  11. Dec 8, 2011
    I couldn't sit through the first 30 minutes of this; it was like torture. Once again, the media has another annoyingly stupid teen movie that has dumb, unlikeable characters and a dull plot.
  12. Mar 30, 2012
    Easy A is an easy D-. This movie is just some stupid teenage comedy with dumb jokes to go around. Can hollywood make anything new these days. It is just another hypersexualized chick flick only it seems teenage girls dress as a bunch of strippers to school each day.
  13. Apr 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Watching movie in my free time is one of the many ways I like to relax. After watching Easy A, I came away with a lot of mix emotions about the movie and events that happened throughout the movie. This movie was funny to watch but as a Christian it really went against my world view. This movie is about a girl who pretends to have sex with the most unlikely of students. She never really had sex with any of the boys but she would make up a sex story for the boys to spread around to help the boys reputation through the school. She would receive money and gift cards for what she would do or in this case not do with the boys. This movie totally throws out the whole idea of saving sex for the marriage. Even though she may not have had sex with the boys, she gave off the idea that she was. The movie title just is one example of how she has affected her life now, Easy A. through her actions she was telling the school that she was easy when it came to a sexual relationship. Sex was created by God as a blessing and throughout this movie, sex was thought of as something not special and not a blessing. The thought of sex today has the same view today in 2012 as it has had in the past.
    Another part of the movie that added to the plot was the character of the Christian high school group leader. Throughout the movie her character was shown as a stupid character without any real feelings. She lived in the mindset that she needs to fix everything wrong in other people. I am not downplaying the prayer that she did throughout the movie but other than praying for the main character she did not help her in any way. She would always be around to tell her what she was doing wrong but ever be willing to help her stop the sinful actions. Christians have always had this negative view on them as being judgmental and not willing to help, this movie played into this view. Her character never broke out of that view to show how true Christians should be acting in the real world. Just so you all know not all Christians are like this character, we actually care about and are willing to help in any situation that may come up in life.

Easy A may not be a great movie, but it is a knowing and enjoyable one.
  2. Gluck also directed "Fired Up!," another teen charade with lots of quick-witted verbal raunch. Easy A does a few things better.
    Screenwriter Bert V. Royal takes the oldest adolescence hook in the book - losing one's virginity- and turns it inside out.