8.4

1. Jun 6, 2014
    The 're-living sequences' were very entertaining, sometimes comical. There's also good chemistry between Cruise and Blunt, and the premise was interesting enough to keep me captivated for the entirety of the movie.
  2. Jun 6, 2014
    I was reluctant to see the movie at first (mostly because it's got Tom Cruise and Oblivion last year was pretty disappointing), but eventually came through only to check Emily Blunt. However, I have to admit that I would've missed a lot had I not seen it. The plot might seem dull at first, especially when you think of Groundhog Day or Source Code, but this is, might I say, definitely oneI was reluctant to see the movie at first (mostly because it's got Tom Cruise and Oblivion last year was pretty disappointing), but eventually came through only to check Emily Blunt. However, I have to admit that I would've missed a lot had I not seen it. The plot might seem dull at first, especially when you think of Groundhog Day or Source Code, but this is, might I say, definitely one of the best science-fiction works ever. Period.

Turns out Cruise still has the magic in him, but Blunt is pretty much the major reason why this movie resonates so well with the audience. Without any gigantic marketing gimmicks (in comparison to other summer releases), I really didn't expect the movie to be as good as it is.

The visual effect is very smooth, the writing is definitely dashing, and for a movie about repetitions, I am surprised that I didn't even want to miss any scene because the humor, action, sci-fi lectures, and suspense work really well altogether. I expected X-Men: DoFP to be my favorite summer hit this year, but I have to say that this movie definitely steals the spotlight. I hope more people turn out to see it because it's something that you don't want to miss at all (despite the rather cliche ending).
  3. Jun 8, 2014
    Forget Groundhog Day. For Science Fiction fans like me, this movie combines the best of Minority Report (finally another great performance by Tom Cruise) and Aliens. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Emily Blunt commanded attention (with guts and dignity like Ripley), and the other characters were also idiosyncratic and fun. Two other big pluses – the movie had a great sense of humor and I had noForget Groundhog Day. For Science Fiction fans like me, this movie combines the best of Minority Report (finally another great performance by Tom Cruise) and Aliens. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Emily Blunt commanded attention (with guts and dignity like Ripley), and the other characters were also idiosyncratic and fun. Two other big pluses – the movie had a great sense of humor and I had no problem following the complicated plot. This one may be a classic. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2014
    One of the best movies I've seen all year, both myself (Sci-fi, action, war movie fan) and my girlfriend (not a Sci-fi or war movie fan) loved it. The only fault I could find is that the ending was a bit confusing, it left me wondering about the logic of it as I left, but I'm sure a quick google search would help me make sense of it.
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    Edge of tomorrow was good at all, the movie has good action scenes, there are great actors like Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, and the movie script surprised me I really liked how the movie time travel works...
  6. Jun 7, 2014
    Never wrote a movie review in my life, but this one motivate me enough to so. Best movie I have seen since the first Matrix. Check it out in IMAX if you can; it will put will right in the D-Day battle.
  7. Jun 10, 2014
    I'm giving this move a 10 because it has all the elements of an entertaining film - action, suspense, humor and good production value which add up to an entertaining time. Basically it's Groundhog Day meets War of the Worlds.

Now I'm a pretty big science fiction fan but I often don't like alien invasion films because the idea that humans are going to win a war against another alien invaders whose technology is hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than us usually falls to some ridiculous idea that although they traveled millions of light years to get here they forgot to check the air or the water before they started their invasion. Edge of tomorrow had a much more creative plot line, which really is the basis of the whole story.

I liked the film so much that i went back to see it again with a friend. This films was well adapted and contains enough of the human element to it, so that even if you're not a Sci-Fi fan you will undoubtedly enjoy it.
  8. Jun 6, 2014
    Woundrous Sci-Fi movie from the lead-off to the end, knacky screenplay and creative context, the movie uses and plays with sort of a revival idea where you never perishes, the day never ends, stunning idea gracefully used, mixed with a great cast and acting, however the use of saturated subject of alien invasion prevented my 10 out 10, however it's a great movie as it stands.
  9. Dec 22, 2014
    A Absolute Fantastic Movie!.The Premise Was interesting,The Visual effects were stunning and an outstanding performance of Tom Cruise.This Movie is a masterpiece that surely needs attention and Highly recommend!
  10. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed it MUCH more than I thought that I would have. It really is the sci-fi-action version of Groundhog Day and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. But it has a heart, and the aliens are not TOO annoying. (Why does every movie this summer - see X-Men - have to have creatures that look like the Sentinels from The Matrix?) Certainly recommended fare. I had a smile on my face for most of the film, which is a good sign in my book! Expand
  11. Jun 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't usually go to these kind of movie, and the trailers didn't interest me, but one reviewer said it had a great sense of humor. It does! I also like Emily Blunt....a lot.... It's very well directed, the editing is incredibly good, and the pace never lags, which is good for suspend disbelief Sci-Fi movies, one doesn't have time to think about plot holes. Cruise is good, and starts off well playing against stereotype as a sniveling coward. Blunt gets to be tough in a very sexual masculine/feminine role, and buff! It is the humor that makes this really enjoyable. Who thought that killing someone over and over could be so hilarious? Expand
  12. Jun 6, 2014
    I def was not expecting much from this movie but with all the audience scores being high i figured i would give it a try. I am also glad i did. This is actually a really interesting sic fi movie that actually incorporates some humor here and there as well. Tom did an excellent job of connecting with the viewer and action was abundant but not over done. I liked Emily Blunt in it as well andI def was not expecting much from this movie but with all the audience scores being high i figured i would give it a try. I am also glad i did. This is actually a really interesting sic fi movie that actually incorporates some humor here and there as well. Tom did an excellent job of connecting with the viewer and action was abundant but not over done. I liked Emily Blunt in it as well and she did a good job. All in all it was a refreshing movie to watch and different from the latest action movies which mostly comprise of superheroes or sequels so i def recommend a watch but 3D doesn't add anything so you can easily skip the premium pricing. Expand
  13. Jun 7, 2014
    If exoskeletons and time manipulation are your thing, this movie is for you! And if they're not... well you'll probably still like it, anyway. I wasn't particularly satisfied with the ending, but the movie never felt boring and as a whole, I enjoyed it very much. A welcome bi-product of the premise was the feeling that anything could happen to the main character at any time. Other moviesIf exoskeletons and time manipulation are your thing, this movie is for you! And if they're not... well you'll probably still like it, anyway. I wasn't particularly satisfied with the ending, but the movie never felt boring and as a whole, I enjoyed it very much. A welcome bi-product of the premise was the feeling that anything could happen to the main character at any time. Other movies often fail to deliver any real feeling of fear or surprise, given that you assume the main character will come out the other side with only a few scratches and bruises. But because the anchor of this story is repeatedly living a single day until he dies, the next fatal blow could be right around the corner. This film also provides some welcome realism in that our hero doesn't miraculously dodge every bullet or perform each maneuver perfectly the first time. I found that the filmmakers highlighted this very well and it provided some believability to an otherwise unbelievable story. At any rate, definitely worth my Saturday afternoon and money. Expand
  14. Jun 6, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow was originally not too big on my summer movie radar as much as films like Godzilla or Guardians of the Galaxy. However, after seeing some pretty cool trailers lately I decided this movie was worth a watch indeed. Plus, Tom Cruise still holds himself as masterful to this day. There's no denying that EoT is a fun watch, yet that doesn't keep the movie from having noticeableEdge of Tomorrow was originally not too big on my summer movie radar as much as films like Godzilla or Guardians of the Galaxy. However, after seeing some pretty cool trailers lately I decided this movie was worth a watch indeed. Plus, Tom Cruise still holds himself as masterful to this day. There's no denying that EoT is a fun watch, yet that doesn't keep the movie from having noticeable flaws. The premise is simple overall. Aliens have landed on Earth and begin to attack. Tom Cruise's place in this is that he is just someone who thinks of great weaponry for soldiers and plans attacks. He is not a soldier and he does not fight, and he especially notes this with a meeting with the general that basically tells him he must fight this one battle (not a spoiler). The way he dies in this battle makes him live the same day over and over every time he dies, hence the motto "Live. Die. Repeat". Some parts of the plot are extremely interesting, and some are dull. I liked how the romance between Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise was very light. Speaking of them, they both play their roles greatly, and like I said, Tom Cruise is excellent. The other characters aren't nearly as good, but are still OK. The action in this flick moves fast, and I loved it. Those mech suits specifically made for humans to fit into perfectly are sick. Plus, I loved the design of the aliens in the movie named Mimics, even though they looked a little like some types of Transformers. I found the writing in the movie to be clever, spicing it up with a bit of humor here and there. The locations where they filmed were also perfect for the movie. Let's move on to the evil little bugs in nearly every movie known as the flaws. There are big plot holes in this movie. There are times when Tom Cruise knows everything that is going to happen since he's lived this part before. I would have liked to see those scenes the first time through. And like I said, the other characters and some parts of the plot are uneven compared to the other great stuff. Side note: I saw this is in 3D because of my schedule, and I was surprised by how good it was. It is not mandatory by any means, but if you like 3D, I highly recommend it with this flick. My opinions with EoT were mixed, but I walked out thinking it was fun and good. A 7 out of 10, and that is good on my scale. Expand
  15. Jun 6, 2014
    Funny and action badass ! If you like Sci-Fi this is a great remix of starship troopers + groundhog day !

I really love this movie ! There is some stupid things on the plot but nothig to worry about if you are looking for a great blockbuster.
  16. Jun 6, 2014
    loved this movie tom cruise back in the game properly and delivering the only down part of this movie is the chemistry between Emily and tom but with the script theirs only so much they could do. I recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good sci fi flick and is different from all the others on screen in last years.
  17. Jun 9, 2014
    This is one of the finest Sci-Fi movie I've ever seen. The first 20 mins is pretty standard stuff until Tom starts to repeat. Not a minute is wasted in the boring dialogue or have-to story telling. My mind was grabbed till the end of the movie. I'm going to see this in IMax, and buy the Blu-ray for collection.
  18. Jun 9, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow is one of the coolest Sci-Fi action flicks in recent memory. It's Groundhog Day with a little Inception and Independence Day all thrown in together and makes for a great experience. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt both turn in solid performances as well as the supporting cast. It would be easy for a movie that focuses so much on repetition to tire quickly, but with EoT itEdge of Tomorrow is one of the coolest Sci-Fi action flicks in recent memory. It's Groundhog Day with a little Inception and Independence Day all thrown in together and makes for a great experience. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt both turn in solid performances as well as the supporting cast. It would be easy for a movie that focuses so much on repetition to tire quickly, but with EoT it only stays interesting and paces well and keeps your interest. Many props to the team tasked with the special effects as they're some of the best I've seen in recent years. There are few things I felt like could have been done better with this movie and if you're only able to see one or two movies this spring/early summer, Edge of Tomorrow should be on your short list to see. Expand
  19. Jun 10, 2014
    Not just another shoot em up alien movie. It has an ingenious plot where Cruise runs into countless dead ends in his quest to break through. Very good special effects, heavy on the action and although there is an obvious relationship thread I did not think it was too over the top. Think GroundHog Day on steroids, but a lot more clever and entertaining.
  20. Sep 11, 2014
    Surprisingly awesome, I even enjoyed Tom Cruise in it although he is not my favourite. No stupid cliches and speeches that you would expect from american blockbuster. Even had a good laugh few times.The ending could have been better imo but overall great movie!!
  21. Jun 6, 2014
    Saw it on the day it came out in AUS. Great fun. The script and dialogue is not cheesy or cringe worthy. Decent solid film. Not like 47 Ronin.

Similar quality of Dredd.

Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla 2014 are both great to watch.
  22. Jun 7, 2014
    Surprise hit of the summer for sure! Tom Cruise can still kick ass!

Pros: Tom Cruise is awesome as well as Emily Blunt, Supporting cast is good, great sci-fi feel throughout, great action almost non stop, humorous at the right times, excellent premise

Con: Ending was not very satisfying unfortunately

Overall Edge of Tomorrow is a great watch and I would highly recommend.
  23. Sep 17, 2014
    Went into it knowing nothing about the plot and it ended up being a very good sci-fi aciton film. Well acted, The plot was fantastic, and it kept you interested through out. A definite must see.
  24. Jun 9, 2014
    One of the most surprisingly good films I've seen in a few years. The trailers really don't dive into the story, which better serves the execution of the plot (how most movies should treat their advertisements). The CG and cinematography is great and the acting is on par with most Cruise movies. The plot was what shocked me the most, or more specifically, the efficient use of time. ThereOne of the most surprisingly good films I've seen in a few years. The trailers really don't dive into the story, which better serves the execution of the plot (how most movies should treat their advertisements). The CG and cinematography is great and the acting is on par with most Cruise movies. The plot was what shocked me the most, or more specifically, the efficient use of time. There is no real filler and each scene is important in it's own way. The humor is also executed and timed extremely well and helps balance the tone and keeps the plot from taking itself too seriously.

TL;DR: Awesome sci-fi film with great CG, acting, and plot execution. Go see this in theaters; it deserves every penny it grosses and then some.
  25. Aug 23, 2014
    Fantastic movie!! The story was top notch and the action and acting just awesome. The story is very new compared to everything out there now that just seems to rehash old and tired plot lines. Really have no complaints. Go see it!
  26. Jun 7, 2014
    I liked this a lot. The story was well done and had me the edge of my seat when it wanted to and laughing when it wanted to. I thought Tom Cruise did a great job. I would have given it a 10 only if there was a little more battle variation scenes. Cruise manages to get selected for these types of movies on a consistent basis. I could care less about his politics. He does a good jobI liked this a lot. The story was well done and had me the edge of my seat when it wanted to and laughing when it wanted to. I thought Tom Cruise did a great job. I would have given it a 10 only if there was a little more battle variation scenes. Cruise manages to get selected for these types of movies on a consistent basis. I could care less about his politics. He does a good job entertaining me in his movies. Expand
  27. Jun 9, 2014
    I loved this movie. It was unexpectedly funny and the action moved the movie along at a fast pace which kept the audience from being bored. Emily blunt was a little out of character as a bad ass, but it still worked effectively. I really liked the evolution of cruises character in the movie, going from reluctant fighter to hero. This was much more entertaining than Oblivion, and I likedI loved this movie. It was unexpectedly funny and the action moved the movie along at a fast pace which kept the audience from being bored. Emily blunt was a little out of character as a bad ass, but it still worked effectively. I really liked the evolution of cruises character in the movie, going from reluctant fighter to hero. This was much more entertaining than Oblivion, and I liked the plot much more as well. Overall I think Edge Of Tomorrow is a great popcorn movie. Expand
  28. Jun 7, 2014
    A nice Sci-Fi movie with good action scenes. The story is not too complicated and the concept with repeating the events of one single day is not very original, but here it works well. The actors are decent, Emily Blunt especially. Overall, if you like sci-fi do not miss this, it's worth one watch (the second won't be very interesting), but you'll enjoy it.
  29. Jun 8, 2014
    A familiar film premise gets a magnificent sci-fi spin in "Edge Of Tomorrow," Doug Liman's brilliantly shot and immaculately performed film featuring an expertly crafted narrative and some skillfully placed hilarity.
  30. Jun 12, 2014
    Great action, great visuals, and good concept. It was competently written, acted, and executed, however I felt it needed a little more depth which could have pushed the film into a real block buster. The lack of such made some elements such as the story and emotional connection to the characters feel a little bland. Although overall the movie was in no way bad, I liked it and wanted it toGreat action, great visuals, and good concept. It was competently written, acted, and executed, however I felt it needed a little more depth which could have pushed the film into a real block buster. The lack of such made some elements such as the story and emotional connection to the characters feel a little bland. Although overall the movie was in no way bad, I liked it and wanted it to succeed....which it did, but it could have been even more. Expand
  31. Jun 9, 2014
    This was just an awesome science fiction film. Everything felt so original and fresh with two great lead performances. I was hooked from the get go and left the theater completely satisfied.
  32. Nov 18, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow is one of the most underrated Sci-Fi's in recent years and sadly it seems to have gone unnoticed by the majority. It remarkably manages to rip off so many films and video games whilst feeling refreshingly original also. At times it can feel like a game of spot the original source. In particular the time lapse elements which are very similar to Groundhog Day. If you overEdge of Tomorrow is one of the most underrated Sci-Fi's in recent years and sadly it seems to have gone unnoticed by the majority. It remarkably manages to rip off so many films and video games whilst feeling refreshingly original also. At times it can feel like a game of spot the original source. In particular the time lapse elements which are very similar to Groundhog Day. If you over think the pattern and repetition of events, you can argue that there are flaws, as with any film of this kind. But it's smartly edited and it moves at such a rampant pace that you don't have time to dissect or question the flaws. Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt carry the film well and it's arguably Tom Cruise's best Sci-Fi to date. Visually this is a spectacular experience and the set pieces are some of the craziest and most exciting I've ever seen, in particular the battles on the beaches which are absolutely incredible. At first glance this just looks like another run of the mill action film with robots. Unlike the Transformers films for example, Edge of Tomorrow gets the human elements spot on and it doesn't rely solely on set pieces. But the set pieces happen to be spectacular too. So it's win-win and definitely worthy of much more recognition. Expand
  33. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome Tom Cruise Film!!! one of the best film in his career ,outstanding film since his mission impossible 4, excellent superb screen play keep us thrilled every seconds of the film,truly amazing visual effects, energetic performance by tom and Emily ,both are awesome, superb chemistry between them, powerful direction make edge of tomorrow is a MIND BLOWING VISUAL THRILLING EXPERIENCE .!Awesome Tom Cruise Film!!! one of the best film in his career ,outstanding film since his mission impossible 4, excellent superb screen play keep us thrilled every seconds of the film,truly amazing visual effects, energetic performance by tom and Emily ,both are awesome, superb chemistry between them, powerful direction make edge of tomorrow is a MIND BLOWING VISUAL THRILLING EXPERIENCE .! DON'T MISS IT..!!! Expand
  34. Jun 11, 2014
    I had a lot of hopes for this movie. And it totally delivered!!! Tom Cruise gives a fantastic performance. Emily Blunt gave a fantastic performance... you know what. Everyone gave a fantastic performance.
    This movie had a really fun story line. You never feel like the movie is dragging on at parts. I didn't want it to end. The C.G.I is also incredible. I literally could not find any big problems in this movie even if their was a gun to my head. I actually saw this in 3d and this movie you can tell was not just converted to 3d last minute. Their are a lot of cool effects that are in here that make the 3d worth it. Don't wait for dvd. Go see this movie on the big screen or you will regret it. I am already trying to figure out when I could see it again.
  35. Jun 7, 2014
    As ironic as it sounds, dying in movies has never been this much fun! .
  36. Apr 5, 2015
    Despite the first-rate acting, the movie is too mind-bendingly unrealistic to join in. After their European blitzkrieg , the aliens are smart enough to not to open the eastern front - evidently making a secret deal with the Soviets to divide the spoils - but STILL can't handle the Normandy beach counterattack?
  37. Jun 7, 2014
    No es la mejor pelicula de acción y ciencia fincción que veo, pero tiene su propio estilo y creo que le falto algo que generara la sensación de emoción dentro del trama, pero me gusto creo que es muy buena opción para disfrutarla con palomitas y tener un buen rato en el cine.
  38. Jun 10, 2014
    Easily the best big ticket film of the summer so far. The idea of combining "Groundhog Day", "Aliens", and the Halo video game is both thrilling and funny. Once the D-day looping gets going, the audience becomes attuned to it and revels in Major Cage's Sisyphus-like efforts to advance the clock and defeat the Mimic hordes. The filmmakers keep that editing relatively tight, so we are neverEasily the best big ticket film of the summer so far. The idea of combining "Groundhog Day", "Aliens", and the Halo video game is both thrilling and funny. Once the D-day looping gets going, the audience becomes attuned to it and revels in Major Cage's Sisyphus-like efforts to advance the clock and defeat the Mimic hordes. The filmmakers keep that editing relatively tight, so we are never bored by a "oh, this part again" syndrome. In almost a tip of the cap to "Aliens", Bill Paxton appears as a Sergeant Master more than happy to send the alleged deserter Cage to his glorious doom, only later to have his Kentucky-bred drill squad speeches defused by the front-running Cage, who by then has literally heard it all before.

There are few deficiencies. Emily Blunt is less believable as a ruthless Amazon leading the assault on the French beaches, but is solid as a romantic heroine. And the J Squad members are fairly expendable, which is fine by me so that our emotional investment doesn't get too fragmented from the two leads.

Despite much of the craziness in Cruise's personal life, he's still arguably the foremost movie star of his time. His films typically deliver a high-quality product with a recent predilection to science fiction action tales. Last summer's "Oblivion" came up short in that particular department but he followed that up with the under-rated "Jack Reacher" last fall. There's a surprising amount of vulnerability on display here as well as a hilariously cowardly squirm to the beginning of his Mad Men-turned-soldier arc.

I think "Edge of Tomorrow" will live on with the original "Mission Impossible" and "Jerry Maguire" in the Cruise canon for some time to come.
  39. Jun 17, 2014
    Ignore Critic Reviews, they're all fueled by greed, fear and prejudice.
    Ignore Critic Reviews, they're all fueled by greed, fear and prejudice.
    One of the top 3 best movies I've ever seen. When I saw the poster the movie looked strange to me, and I know a lot of people hate Tom Cruise for some reason, but he's a great actor, I'm not big on his older movies but this one was completely organic. I don't know if it's just me but when I watched it again I fully understood what was happening, I noticed a lot of things I missed the first time, the movie is so meticulously written and it's one of those movies everyone has to see, it's up there with The Matrix and Dark Knight. The movie revolves around time travel, it's not vague like you often see in sci-fi where you don't really understand what's happening, it's simple like Groundhog Day, speaking of Groundhog Day this movie is very inspired by Groundhog Day. EoT will make you feel nostalgia, fear, joy, etc. I won't spoilerize anything, all I can say is that it's one of the best movies ever made, it's gritty, it's dark and they did a great job avoiding plot holes, something Days of Future Past was chalk-full of. Avoid the Angry Joe review, he spoils the **** out of every single thing he reviews, he always tells you what happens at the end which ruins the movie/game.

+ Gritty/Dark/Scary
    + Great acting
    + Great production
    + Great plot
    - Not gory enough
    - Action scenes are kind of hard to make out sometimes
    - Music isn't great and memorable like Inception/Dark Knight/Matrix/etc. I always said that music makes a gargantuan difference in quality but this movie did just fine without it
  40. Jun 11, 2014
    I'm a little dumbfounded that this movie didn't do better at the box office because I found it highly entertaining. The trailer makes it seem like it's going to be very heavy science-fiction but it's not. There are certainly light moments like there were in the movie Groundhog Day. For all those Tom Cruise haters out there, the real star of this movie is Emily Blunt. She is outstandingI'm a little dumbfounded that this movie didn't do better at the box office because I found it highly entertaining. The trailer makes it seem like it's going to be very heavy science-fiction but it's not. There are certainly light moments like there were in the movie Groundhog Day. For all those Tom Cruise haters out there, the real star of this movie is Emily Blunt. She is outstanding and she is underrated as usual. Expand
  41. Jun 8, 2014
    After the last two Tom Cruise movies I was a bit skeptical about how much I'll enjoy this one. There was no need to be, because this movie is great. The concept is entertaining and the plotting is spot-on. I may have to go in for a second showing.

Everyone here plays their role really well and the special effects werent overused or needless. I rarely go to the movie theater now but I'm glad I went in for this movie.
  42. Jun 8, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow is a fun sci-fi/action movie that plays like a great video game hybrid of old and new. From the old comes the expertise gained by working through the early stages over and over, and from the new comes sensational sound and visuals. And bridging these is Cruise, the ageless star who has dazzled us in both eras.
  43. Jun 8, 2014
    I will start out by saying that I saw this movie yesterday in IMAX 3D and I absolutely loved it. I will begin by saying that I love Tom Cruise as an action actor and that he is def in my Top 5 actors of all time. Now to the review.

Acting: I will begin by saying that the acting was top notch of course we have Tom Cruise who is Awesome and also Emily Blunt who was Fantastic. I thought

Acting:
    I will begin by saying that the acting was top notch of course we have Tom Cruise who is Awesome and also Emily Blunt who was Fantastic. I thought the standout was Bill Paxton who was hilarious in the movie and also Brendan Gleeson who was also great with the few parts he had so acting was Superb.

Story:
    The story I thought was very well put together about the alien Invasion and by the end of the movie while there was still one question it was pieced together nicely.

Action Scenes:
    The action in this movie was Insane it was honestly non-stop from start to finish which I love for a movie like this take all the examples you have seen which combine Starship Troopers and the first scene in Saving Private Ryan and combine them and that is what you get an all out brawl of badass action scenes to rival these movies in particular which are Battle:LA and Battleship which I didn't watch because I heard it sucked but regardless if you love action movies this is def for you.

Verdict:
    I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves comedy and action movies galore. I would say watch it in IMAX but if you can't just watch it in 2D this is the summer blockbuster to start the summer and possibly beat out all the rest and in my opinion is Tom Cruise's best film since my personnel favorite "Collateral"!!!!! A Must See.
  44. Jun 8, 2014
    Tom Cruise is funny and very flexible with his acting finesses, sometimes it gets close to MI series....the plot is smart (funny!) and very likable once u get the point yet the only thing where producers could have been more original is the look of bad guys....they were seen in Matrix but still they work well in the film....all in all, this is one of the better sci-fi and those 120 minTom Cruise is funny and very flexible with his acting finesses, sometimes it gets close to MI series....the plot is smart (funny!) and very likable once u get the point yet the only thing where producers could have been more original is the look of bad guys....they were seen in Matrix but still they work well in the film....all in all, this is one of the better sci-fi and those 120 min just fly in IMAX screen Expand
  45. Jun 16, 2014
    Surprisingly clever and with less focus on the typical romance. A real tought provoker. Imagine an Inception-like movie combined with The Mission Impossible series. Definitely worth a watch!
  46. Jun 8, 2014
    I do not know why other people scored negative reviews on this movie...seriously...I don't know why some people said they don't understand the movie. What's so hard to understand about it? The whole direction and plot of the movie was very well conveyed throughout the movie!!! Edge of tomorrow is, in my opinion, Tom Cruise's best film since "Minority Report." By the way, if you wereI do not know why other people scored negative reviews on this movie...seriously...I don't know why some people said they don't understand the movie. What's so hard to understand about it? The whole direction and plot of the movie was very well conveyed throughout the movie!!! Edge of tomorrow is, in my opinion, Tom Cruise's best film since "Minority Report." By the way, if you were annoyed with the lack of action in the X-Men: Days of future past, then watch this action-filled-from-beginning-to-end film!!! Seriously....just watch it....don't Tom Cruise won't disappoint you in this one. Expand
  47. Jun 7, 2014
    I went to see this film despite minimal advertising here in the UK, one thing i can say is how i liked that that the adverts i did see did not ruin the story line like many modern films do. I am personally not a fan of Tom Cruise in movies, his presence is usually a put off for me, but seeing him in this film as a different character from his usual cocky and arrogant persona (for most ofI went to see this film despite minimal advertising here in the UK, one thing i can say is how i liked that that the adverts i did see did not ruin the story line like many modern films do. I am personally not a fan of Tom Cruise in movies, his presence is usually a put off for me, but seeing him in this film as a different character from his usual cocky and arrogant persona (for most of the movie) was quite refreshing. Overall i think this was a really fun sci-fi flick that really brought to home the devastation of war and was a world that was east to immerse into. The only criticisms i have really are the abrupt ending and the tragic under use of the entertaining J squad. Expand
  48. Jun 7, 2014
    Bill Paxton is a revelation here! Doug Liman has done it again, taken a tired genre and re-invigorated it by using jui-jitsu on the premise and srcript. An excellent recent LaTimes interview with Doug describes his script and studio issues insightfully. Apparently he had to write a new third act and I think he's done brilliantly. Doug knows just the right balls to keep in the air andBill Paxton is a revelation here! Doug Liman has done it again, taken a tired genre and re-invigorated it by using jui-jitsu on the premise and srcript. An excellent recent LaTimes interview with Doug describes his script and studio issues insightfully. Apparently he had to write a new third act and I think he's done brilliantly. Doug knows just the right balls to keep in the air and which to drop because we have been there, done that so many times before.

I liked Oblivion also, despite its useless title and this is more of the same in many respects, sci-fi film reimagined to do things impossible to do in sci-fi video games.
  49. Jun 9, 2014
    Great movie! Never usually like Tom Cruise but, he was great in this movie, and so was emily blunt good pair. But, I did not like the cheesy ending on how they got back together (it was implied), I think they just should have died make the movie seem more intense I guess. But overall good, one thing Im confused about is in the beach scene their are all those twirling explosions which areGreat movie! Never usually like Tom Cruise but, he was great in this movie, and so was emily blunt good pair. But, I did not like the cheesy ending on how they got back together (it was implied), I think they just should have died make the movie seem more intense I guess. But overall good, one thing Im confused about is in the beach scene their are all those twirling explosions which are much more effective then the alines close combat fighting and yet, they never use it and you never see one of them with one and it definitely not on a ship since they were in a meteorite. Expand
  50. Jan 26, 2015
    Better than I fought.
    Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers.
    Saying this, its not great by any means but its ok summer blockbuster stupid fun SF flick. The plot itself is ridiculous, so no need for nitpicking plot holes, it was never intended to be a serious deep SF The passing is ok, it is really good directed film for what it is. Where it goes real flat is the ending-either go for
    Better than I fought.
    Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers.
    The passing is ok, it is really good directed film for what it is.
    Where it goes real flat is the ending-either go for Hollywood full scale showdown or gritty dark sad end not both.
    Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise not a bad actor but not great either. This kind of roles are suited for him he's not good enough for high drama. And I don't agree that he's too old, he looks good for his age and can still be the one to get the girl at the end (even if she is young enough to be he's daughter)
    Best part of film is Emily Blunt, she really nailed it. Looking forward seeing her in more action roles. Great actress.
  51. Jan 25, 2015
    One of the surprises of 2014 and one of the top three blockbusters of that year. Edge of Tomorrow is sci-fi, it´s action, it´s clever, it´s original and has a phenomenal pace and very well built structure. Tom Cruise is a real movie star for a reason, not the best of actors, but he gives his all and has all the charisma in the world. It was refreshing to see him play someone vulnerable andOne of the surprises of 2014 and one of the top three blockbusters of that year. Edge of Tomorrow is sci-fi, it´s action, it´s clever, it´s original and has a phenomenal pace and very well built structure. Tom Cruise is a real movie star for a reason, not the best of actors, but he gives his all and has all the charisma in the world. It was refreshing to see him play someone vulnerable and useless (at the beginning). Also Emily Blunt is so good in her role, proving she can be a great action movie star. One of the best times at the theatre lately. A must see for lovers of blockbusters. Expand
  52. Dec 27, 2014
    When i saw this movie, it is really hard to explain this story, that's what i love about this movie. Based of the novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka tells such a mysterious,science fiction thriller he goes deep into the science, that it is really hard to explain nature and science itself.Tom Cruise still has magic in him he does his stunts in this movie i got to say i think its the hardestWhen i saw this movie, it is really hard to explain this story, that's what i love about this movie. Based of the novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka tells such a mysterious,science fiction thriller he goes deep into the science, that it is really hard to explain nature and science itself.Tom Cruise still has magic in him he does his stunts in this movie i got to say i think its the hardest movie that he has ever done since (Mission Impossible) and when people saw Cruise in this movie you thought it would be terrible cause of he did his previous sci-fi movie Oblivion which people did not like. Emily Blunt! was one of my favorite characters in this movie. Grade A- Expand
  53. Apr 11, 2015
    Edge of Tomorrow es una película que consigue dar una ciencia ficción muy intrigante y bien cuidada en su clímax.

Esta película podría resultar confusa o complicada para algunas personas, pero se esfuerza en que se entienda de la forma menos complicada sin dejar de decaer el ritmo, y eso lo consigue con éxito, logrando brindar al público una trama sólida que resulta entretenida y satisfactoriamente llena de mucha acción, que usa su slogan tanto en la parte cómica como en la irónica, el cuál es: “Vive,muere, repite”.
  54. qev
    Nov 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. well, i think Tom is extremely good in this, as indeed is Ms Emily, both of them superlative actors who, naturally, work very well together, being as i they're both superlative actors, and as another consequence of them both being, what was it again? "superlative actors!" that's it, their relationship, which, though fraught with all the requisite anxiety and stress one would naturally associate with your average impending Alien Apocalypse, their relationship is mutually accommodating from the get-go on the beach, their chemistry only improves as they spend more and more time together, which is just as well as it seems they might well have repeated the same day, the only day they ever spend together, many hundreds of times, a strain on people who know each other backwards let alone a man who has not only to repeat himself countless times, BUT who's charged with the unenviable, not to mention tedious, task of each day having to deal with everyone for their first time, Tom being the ONLY person on Earth blessed (or is it cursed?) with prescience, and it's a testament of the strong commitment of these two (superlative) actors to their characters, who not only maintain a wholly believable through line but one that in the face of impossibly cruel odds can find a warmth, even a tenderness, for each other. not to mention a vital and perfectly pitched sense of humour. and everyone is on top form. just a pity the black girl has to suffer the indignation of Hollywood once again playing the ill-suited, sanctimonious and plain WRONG role of Saviour of the Worlds Sensibilities, making the poor wretch have to say (and possibly never ever live down) the heinously censored "why don't you two get yourselves a nice hot cup of Shut The Hell Up", and not just twice either! and no, it's nothing like Groundhog Day or Source Code, and Private Major Cage is NOT a coward as has been mooted on these and other less worthy pages, rather he's a very complicated character having to deal with the kind of mind-snapping challenges you or i wouldn't face in a thousand lifetimes, if we were lucky. oh, and there's nothing 'tedious' about the repetitive repetition either, something concerning one or two of you out there. it's a well paced, quality crafted and consummately executed movie. my only irk, and it was rather singular, didn't live for long, was that one single Irishman seemed to be running Earth's defences all by himself. i suppose come the sequel Tom could always send HIM to face his inevitable death, no? course, it would need a snappy, having-it, insider-type title though... something like... Full Metal Beach? Expand
  55. Jun 14, 2014
    This is a very good SF movie. Too bad it basically steals its plot line from the SF film Source Code made a few years ago. Nothing else to add. maybe they should try and come up with something that isn't a 50% or 100& copy of something else.
  56. Jun 8, 2014
    I found this movie to be surprisingly entertaining. The trailers do not do it justice and sadly could never fulfill that role. The movie is about repetition but is not repetitive. It has great moments of using that repetition for comedy and also for suspense. What a great line this film walked to achieve this effect!

I found myself trying to figure out what I would do or say in

I found myself trying to figure out what I would do or say in those same situations and also worrying about what the characters were going to do once they were presented with the same information the audience had. This to me proves that this film never gets boring or predictable which might also mean that this is a very entertaining film and one to recommend to friends.

Have fun "Maggot"! :)
  57. Jun 10, 2014
    Christopher McQuarrie is back again with a great script adaptation from the manga. I thought this was one of the best sci fi films I have scene in a long time.
  58. Jun 11, 2014
    If anything, this movie is hollywood's lifesaver. There has never been something more refreshing to the movie industry than this movie ever since the start of the 21st century. If had great cgi, good dialogue and a good plot. It had all the things which makes a movie great and more. I really hope whoever reads this could contemplate on going to see this movie because it was done so well.If anything, this movie is hollywood's lifesaver. There has never been something more refreshing to the movie industry than this movie ever since the start of the 21st century. If had great cgi, good dialogue and a good plot. It had all the things which makes a movie great and more. I really hope whoever reads this could contemplate on going to see this movie because it was done so well. Maleficent has no right to be currently making more money in the box office than "Edge of tomorrow". The only reason I created an meta critic and imdb account on the same day was because I couldn't let a great movie as this not get the attention and money it deserves. This is the first movie which made me do what I did. I hope that gives you a sense of just how good this movie is. If could only watch one movie for the whole of this year, you have got to pick "Edge of tomorrow". There is too much praise to be able to fit in this review and I have not enough time to type all of it out. My personnel tip to you, is to watch this movie. You will never regret it. Expand
  59. Jun 14, 2014
    Love the story, love the acting, love the uniqueness!!! A must see! It is just not the same! Oblivion is disappointing but not this one! We had a great time!
  60. Jun 17, 2014
    My friend advised me to watch this film. As for me - film is very interesting! And I recommend to see this film to everyone who like fantasy. But I think that in this film many recurrent episodes.
  61. Jun 17, 2014
    This is a great Sci Fi. The action is stunning, and it has a sense of humour as well. Aliens look ALIEN which was nice. Enjoyed it from begining to end, and so did my wife - who was really a bit dubious about the action flick thing, but i dragged her along. Best movie I have seen in a long time.
  62. Jan 13, 2015
    It’s sad that a lot of people didn’t see this movie. Edge of Tomorrow has to be the most unique, original sci-fi movie in recent memory in a movie industry that mostly releases sequels to previously released sci-fi movies.

The concept and the premise made this movie very unique. It used its “what if?” time loop concept very well and it remains fresh throughout the entire movie without the concept being overtired.

What also made this movie entertaining was its natural light-hearted humor. It makes the characters more likable.

The character development in this movie is really good and transitioned well for the character of Tom Cruise.

The cast performance from Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt are amazing to watch. They had chemistry together as an action couple duo.The CGI in this movie makes this movie very realistic to watch as it’s like they are real weapons and real aliens. The direction and the cinematography is excellent for a movie like Edge of Tomorrow.If you need to see what the hype of this movie is about, you better watch this movie to find out. You will enjoy its brilliant use of the time loop concept, light-hearted humor that will make you care for the characters, great on-screen presence of Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt and great CGI.
  63. Jul 17, 2014
    Yep, Edge of Tomorrow is surprisingly the best summer action movie of 2014! Super interesting and engaging main plot with solid characters! It also has original elements! Great action movie
  64. Nov 10, 2014
    A movie about a day being relived tens of times may seem boring, but honestly, the execution is fantastic. Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and director Doug Liman delivers what a summer blockbuster spectacle should be: smart, thrilling, fun, and full of explosions.
  65. Oct 15, 2014
    Overall a very fun movie. If you're a sci fi fan or a gamer you'll probably like this. Very well done effects and cgi. The exoskeletons look and sounded real.
  66. Mar 30, 2015
    A good blockbuster with good actions scenes, funny moments, and surprisingly some interesting characters. Maybe there are a lot of inconsistencies, plot conveniences and dull moments, but i cannot deny that it wasn't a very entertaining and funny experience with some original stuff. I recommend it If you want to have fun!
  67. Nov 30, 2014
    Caught throughout the whole film! The time loops are exciting and sometime funny, there is chemistry between the protagonists at their unique and personal way, you can truly feel what they are thinking in each scene. Should be viewed more than once.
  68. Sep 21, 2014
    completely entertained the entire time! Clever movie. something new from the norm! Please don't make a sequel! But great movie! Probably my favorite movie of the year!
  69. WJS
    Feb 28, 2015
    This is a very entertaining film. It's well written and well acted and has some fine high octane, well directed action sequences. Well, really, the entire film is one fast paced action sequence. I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but this is one of his better films. Emily Blunt is quite good here and really proves herself to be an action star. Lots of fun to be had with its good sense ofThis is a very entertaining film. It's well written and well acted and has some fine high octane, well directed action sequences. Well, really, the entire film is one fast paced action sequence. I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but this is one of his better films. Emily Blunt is quite good here and really proves herself to be an action star. Lots of fun to be had with its good sense of humour and I can actually say that I can recommend this movie. Expand
  70. Nov 13, 2014
    "Edge of Tomorrow" 10 Scale Rating: 8.5 (Amazing) ...

"Edge of Tomorrow" 10 Scale Rating: 8.5 (Amazing) ...

The Good: Fantastic idea that was well written and thought out. I typically dislike Tom Cruise these days, but he did a great job here. His transformation from clueless desk jockey to hardened war veteran was seamless and Cruise showed more depth than he usually does. Blunt was even better as a grizzled and cold war hero. The film is extremely creative and is a perfect blend of sci-fi, war, and drama movies. The alien threat was well designed and different from the generic villains that we've grown accustomed to in this sort of film.

The Bad: I know it is key to the plot, but I did get sick of seeing the exact same battle over and over again. While they eventually show you a truncated version, you still see the entire thing far too many times. Despite suffering several quick and random deaths, the lead character was able to survive some pretty fantastic things late in the film. The film has what amounts to two endings: the way they want you to think it ends, and the way it really ends ... while it didn't take away TOO much, I preferred the former.
  71. Dec 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everyone who gives this movie a bad review is a retard. "Oh it copied ground hog day and source code cause he comes back to life every day", oh in ground hog day and source code did they get splashed by alien blood too did they? go get **** Also people saying it doesn't say why the aliens came or what they want, well i don't think the aliens can speak english or even talk so i don't think they are gonna come and say "hey i want this", no they ain't. they are gonna come and **** everything up. Also another comment say the guns never had to reload? are you a joke? did you watch the movie with your eyes closed? he did have to ****en reload you spastic **** also people are saying it looks like matrix aliens. wow omg wow another retard comment. go google matrix aliens then google edge of tomorrow aliens. they look completely differnt you ****ken stupid ****s. People saying "oh its not a smart enough movie for me" waa waa waa. Its a ****en movie not a scientific event, go to a ****en libaray or go to ****en school if you want somthing smart. End of story its a good ****en movie go and watch it and ignore all these little whingy **** bags that complain about everything, they should just lock there house doors and never leave there homes cause nothing is good enough for them. Expand
  72. Dec 29, 2014
    The fact that this movie bombed at the box office saddens me. Edge of Tomorrow is a fantastic sci-fi comedy with some really exciting action and some hilarious moments. It takes a been-done premise and makes it seem new. Please watch this movie. It's so good.
  73. Jun 6, 2014
    An highly entertaining film; believable and likable characters, great performances from it's cast, Cruise still looks great and Blunt kicks a**, together they add unexpected humor to the ride, the special effects and production don't disappoint, specially the exo-suits (they beat Elysium's in comparison). I recommend it in 3D. Don't miss it and see for yourself.
  74. Jun 8, 2014
    A really good movie, I have to say. When I went to the cinema, i was excpecting a nice science-fiction movie with aliens, weapons, explosions, wars etc. but this movie is better than this. The plot is REALLY cool and original, also if at first it could seem like source code. And the aliens are awesome. Maybe not everyone will like the ending, but i did. Don't miss it.
  75. Jun 6, 2014
  76. Jun 6, 2014
    I thought the movie was very nicely done. special effects where great. i did not get bored at all they did the same day over and over but not enough did not bore me at all. i liked it i was entertained. nice movie for a change
  77. Jun 6, 2014
    I'm not really keen on Tom Cruise, but there's no denying he's a talented actor. He and Emily Blunt carry the whole movie, and they do it really well. I thought the time looping may have been boring but it wasn't, the plot progressed well and was really gripping from start to finish. The special effects were excellent, the plot was interesting and fast paced, there wasn't really anything II'm not really keen on Tom Cruise, but there's no denying he's a talented actor. He and Emily Blunt carry the whole movie, and they do it really well. I thought the time looping may have been boring but it wasn't, the plot progressed well and was really gripping from start to finish. The special effects were excellent, the plot was interesting and fast paced, there wasn't really anything I didn't like about the movie. Expand
  78. Jun 6, 2014
    Pretty good movie overall. The mix of humour and action works very well, though the action did get a bit tedious toward the end. My only real gripe, which I have with most CGI heavy movies is my sense of detachment with the effects. Most of the scenes involving the aliens were very 'gamey' and too frenetic.
  79. Jun 6, 2014
    I can't remember the last time I left a movie feeling so satisfied. There is nothing about this movie I can complain about. The plot is as airtight as a sci fi movie could possibly be. It explains everything to you that you need to know, and leaves out anything that could be nit picked to death, leaving the viewer to imagine everything that isn't being shown. Cruises character is 100%I can't remember the last time I left a movie feeling so satisfied. There is nothing about this movie I can complain about. The plot is as airtight as a sci fi movie could possibly be. It explains everything to you that you need to know, and leaves out anything that could be nit picked to death, leaving the viewer to imagine everything that isn't being shown. Cruises character is 100% believable as a man who relives the same hell every day for an unanswered amount of time. The movie covers all the bases. I was in heaven watching this movie. Despite reliving the same day over and over, watching it never felt repetitive. Recycled events are all shown for good reason. All the details are plausible given the premise.

As a gamer it was supremely enjoyable watching this movie, all the while thinking about how accurately this movie personifies videogame; the repition, the learning, memorization, trial and error, and the pulse pounding sensation of reaching unexplored territory.

It's the best videogame movie ever, without even being about videogames. Totally enjoyable, smart, and satisfying. Must watch.
  80. Jun 6, 2014
    Despite a title that sounds like the name of a soap opera, this summertime blockbuster is a generally entertaining piece of escapism. Its excellent special effects (especially its surprisingly good 3D technology) and ample humor, coupled with a clever ploy of having Tom Cruise play against type, make for a rollicking good time. Unfortunately, some preposterous plot elements and uneven filmDespite a title that sounds like the name of a soap opera, this summertime blockbuster is a generally entertaining piece of escapism. Its excellent special effects (especially its surprisingly good 3D technology) and ample humor, coupled with a clever ploy of having Tom Cruise play against type, make for a rollicking good time. Unfortunately, some preposterous plot elements and uneven film editing (some of it terrific, some of it tedious) keep this release from fully reaching its potential. But, that aside, this is still a fun afternoon at the movies -- as long as your expectations aren't too stringent. Expand
  81. Jun 6, 2014
    Just got done about an hour ago seeing this movie in Imax 3D. It's absolutely spectacular. I haven't seen a huge ammount of Tom Cruise movies but he nails his character in Edge Of Tomorrow.

When I saw the trailer for this movie it looked like too much to throw into a movie. Luckily, the movie is nearly 2 hours long, so there is a lot of breathing room. The general premise of dying and waking up again over and over and over has been done in a handful of films but that doesn't mean this film doesn't introduce anything new. Throughout the movie you'll constantly be interested in the equipment the UDF military is using. You'll always be pondering in your head what something does and what you think it is doing. Especially since the main character has no idea how to operate the equipment, you'll sort of learn with him.

The movie is packed with action, a bit of mystery, alien genocidal threat, and a thriller premise without taking away from the very creative era of earth it is set in.

If there was one thing I could complain about it would be that sometimes the story at times felt a little far fetched and wasn't coherent in some nitpicky parts of the plot. But suspension of disbelief will get you there.
  82. Jun 6, 2014
    Edge of tomorrow is without a doubt one of the best and most unique sci-fi action movies of all time ,like minority report,groundhog day,and aliens,it proudly takes the seat between them by offering a great story with colorful characters,awesome premise and a pace that would otherwise most movies completely fail.

Now the story and the plot hook you right away,because we actually get to

Now the story and the plot hook you right away,because we actually get to feel how Tom Cruise's chacter William Cage is so scared of the battle,being just a media reporter and a PR guy,he is sent straight into battle and within 5 minutes gets killed,he though comes back to life as he finds out that he is reliving the invasion day,where humanity fights against alien organisms.The story might seem a little conveluded or simplistic but it works for the movie like this,most of the time-travel movies tend to confuse me,because it's time-travel the confusion is inevitable,but the director Doug Liman makes this movie's repetetive nature completely fade away,the cuts and the editing are brilliant without them ever making you feel like :what the hell just happened?

The cast does a fantastic job at their roles too,it's the first time we've seen tom cruise actually die hundreds of times and constantly being scared of the battle,you cope with him,you understand him as it is a human instinct to be afraid of the battle.Emily Blunt's character Rita Vrataski otherwise known as full metal **** lives up to the name,being a complete alien-killing badass,that occasionally offers her own set of emotions,finally a female character that's not a damsel in distress,both Tom and Emily really fit together as a pair and reminds me of the same characters in the book ALL YOU NEED IS KILL,which this movie has adapted,hell their relationship begins with the same sentence as from the book,which i adore btw.Bill Paxton was hilarious ,some of the other characters did need some more work,but that's only a minor complaint and they'e pretty likeable too.all in all fantastic cast,terrific writing,makes a great adventure .

and boy what an adrenaline-packed action adventure it is ,the director Doug Liman completely utilised this movie's premise to deliver some of the most intense alien combat this year on par with godzilla.The exo-suits are fast,mobile,agile and badass.Emily Blunt's character teaches Tom Cruise how to fight better and his development from scared **** PR dude to master chief is a sight worth seeing.Aliens themselves look awesome,this is what would have happened if the aliens from "ALIENS" smoked a looot of cocaine ,yeah.At first Tom Cruise's death scenes are downright brutal ,but he learns from his mistakes,and gets one step closer to defeating the enemy,the final showdon may upset some people as it doesnt quit payoff and the first two acts feel a lot better,but if you have chance to see this movie definetely go see it,it is like i said one of the best sci-fi flicks out there,don't underestimate it.
  83. Jun 6, 2014
    It's been a long time since Tom Cruise plays the role of a rookie, after Mission: Impossible and Jack Reacher, it's acceptable that he's uber awesome from the start, and it's been even longer since Hollywood produces a great adaptation of Japanese popular literature. Edge of Tomorrow, despite spawning from the grimly titled light novel All You Need Is Kill and the poster's morbidIt's been a long time since Tom Cruise plays the role of a rookie, after Mission: Impossible and Jack Reacher, it's acceptable that he's uber awesome from the start, and it's been even longer since Hollywood produces a great adaptation of Japanese popular literature. Edge of Tomorrow, despite spawning from the grimly titled light novel All You Need Is Kill and the poster's morbid catchphrase, is actually rather light hearted, playful and humorous. With gritty near apocalypse backdrop, the movie uses more mass appealing screenplay and, to its credit, manages to make what could be a redundant concept into an entertaining spectacle.

The movie's mind bending premise is actually an old one, but it's presented differently in sci-fi thriller, and thankfully it has made the transition to cinema pretty well. Tom Cruise plays William Cage, a military PR officer who is ungracefully demoted and literally dumped on battlefield. It's a fresh look for Cruise as he has always played the role of veteran badass for about a decade now. After his fateful first day, Cage is looped in a vicious cycle; he will unwittingly team up with the actual veteran badass, Rita Vrataski, played by Emily Blunt. Contrasting to the bleak situation, Cruise adds a touch of humor to his character. He is certainly proven as an action star, but the on-screen charisma is more prevalent when he tries to overcome the hardship and fails many times around.

Emily Blunt, who has experience in sci-fi genre from her role in Looper, is good choice for Rita. She has a bit of rugged nature from countless battles and she's attractive in her own way. The repeated clip of her doing push-up can also serve as a fitness video thumbnail. Chemistry for these two works for most part as Cage is frantically trying to find answer and Rita has been tempered by battlefield until the point of indifference. Although there could be room for the characters to develop further, they share some good moments and mature attraction. What's really surprising is how director Doug Liman presents the movie in humorous manner, it's consistently funny without being too slapstick. Pacing is really well done, editing helps getting the stagnant premise moves along rapidly. There's also a bit dark humor in recycling death and it's fascinating to see apocalypse concept taken without steroid of grittiness.

Edge of Tomorrow is a visual beast, there's more than enough action to rival its blockbuster peers. The motion is fluid and fast, yet it stays focused without spamming slow motion shots. Its extraterrestrial adversaries are looking organically menacing, a mix of liquid tentacle and rabies canine. Overall color tone is bluish gray, a recent trend in this sort of movie. Futuristic equipment are showcased with more plausible technology, but they also incorporate the grandiose blazing aspect one expects from Japanese animation. Everything looks amazing, and fortunately, especially so in 3D.

Unfortunately, the final act doesn't carry the same impact as the rest of the movie. It's nowhere near horrible, but it does feel underwhelming and far fetch. Not to mention, the action looks a bit murky compared to the flashy bits of the first half. It could also spend a little more time to establish the relationships between characters, but understandably the narrative requires more time to progress. It's not perfect, but Edge of Tomorrow is an excellent movie that respectfully takes its source and creates an alternate version which is more amusing, thrilling and, I'm going to say it, edgy.
  84. Jun 10, 2014
    This movie was so good I wanted to sit through it again immediately after it was over. The acting was great. You can really see Tom Cruise's character develop and grow, he did so well. Emily Blunt was superb. Watch this movie, it is great fun.
  85. Jun 14, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow is another solid addition to Tom Cruise's line of action flicks. The "Groundhog Day" concept is applied rather well in sci-fi form and doesn't become too tiresome. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt worked well together onscreen as well. Overall, while it may not be Cruise's finest action film (I enjoyed last year's "Oblivion" a little bit more,) it's still an explosive andEdge of Tomorrow is another solid addition to Tom Cruise's line of action flicks. The "Groundhog Day" concept is applied rather well in sci-fi form and doesn't become too tiresome. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt worked well together onscreen as well. Overall, while it may not be Cruise's finest action film (I enjoyed last year's "Oblivion" a little bit more,) it's still an explosive and entertaining film! Expand
  86. Jun 6, 2014
    amazing movie, great plot, tom cruise does a decent acting job, Emily blunt not so much, the ending is a little fuzzy but in exception of it the movie deliver and exceed on its purpose I totally recommend it.
  87. Jun 9, 2014
    BEWARE - DON'T TWEET YOUR "BFF" DURING THIS MOVIE. It is smart, funny and fast - A great roller-coaster of a ride.

I enjoyed it more the second time. Awesome - best movie of the Summer.
  88. Jun 6, 2014
    A very very ambition satisfying gorgeous sci–fi movie in recent years, I came to watch this cause I adore Tom Cruise but with no high expectation in the movie itself, and for now I still can't believe how much surprises it gave me! I found it funny and hilarious in the first 15 minutes, and it started to blow my mind with its awesome warfare scenes, then when I came to follow theA very very ambition satisfying gorgeous sci–fi movie in recent years, I came to watch this cause I adore Tom Cruise but with no high expectation in the movie itself, and for now I still can't believe how much surprises it gave me! I found it funny and hilarious in the first 15 minutes, and it started to blow my mind with its awesome warfare scenes, then when I came to follow the storytelling, I found it hard to breath cause it's so tight! I can't wait to see what cage's gonna do when he revive, when the end came, I almost shout freakin awesome! after all it's easy to recommend to all sci–fi movie fan cause you know what's gonna happen in the edge of tomorrow! Expand
  89. Jun 6, 2014
    This is the surprise of the summer movie season.Edge Of Tomorrow is a griping,witty,pure awesome action orchestra with great characters and great acting.Never fails to deliver something new and diverse when Tom Cruise's character,Cage,dies and has to relive the same day for more than a 100 times.Thats what made this movie so great.Tom Cruise has proven that he is still a great actor.EmilyThis is the surprise of the summer movie season.Edge Of Tomorrow is a griping,witty,pure awesome action orchestra with great characters and great acting.Never fails to deliver something new and diverse when Tom Cruise's character,Cage,dies and has to relive the same day for more than a 100 times.Thats what made this movie so great.Tom Cruise has proven that he is still a great actor.Emily Blunt plays the badass Rita Vrataski and her chemistry with Cruise is so good.Doug Liman did a really good job here and I really respect him for making justice to the manga this movie is base off called "All you need is kill".I didnt expect such a good movie.Edge of Tomorrow is the reason why we go to the movies.Also the aliens are AWESOME. Expand
  90. Jul 31, 2014
    Back in December when I went to a screening of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" I was intrigued when the first trailer advertised was "Edge of Tomorrow". The first thing that sparked my interest was to see the film opening in the heat of summer, and NOT being a sequel of some sorts and reboot.
    Secondly, Tom Cruise and the odd ball pairing of Emily Blunt. And Thirdly, Director Doug Liman. After months of speculation, leading up to the film's initial release, I was worrisome. How can an original Sci-Fi open up in the midst of the summer movie going season and stand its own?. Granted, two years ago we had "Prometheus" but that was more a prequel than "original". Anyhow, "Edge Of Tomorrow" adversely sets itself apart from other big budget spectacles this year. You would never think that the whole "Groundhog Day" meets "Independence Day" angle would ever work. But it does.

Tom Cruise is kind of in his typical wheelhouse, not playing the big budget action hero he is stereotyped as. Which also gives the movie some added credibility. Aside from him, Emily Blunt evenly matches her co-star, and actually is impressive to watch on screen together. The story is set in the backdrop, where humans have been at war for five years against an alien menace, called Mimics. The NATO militaries have created an ultimatum to fight the ongoing invasion, there called Jackets. Which are an exoskeleton body armor suit which are equipped to the bone with heavy aliterlary. Cruise plays Major William Cage. a fidgety, egotistical and plan marketing expert whose sole job is to ensure the public enlist in the on going fight.

Then there is Rita Vratarski (Blunt) more like a channeling "Rosie The Riveter" of this generation. Rita and Cage unlikely cross paths in the midst of battle, where Cage has gained accessed to a supernatural ability or "time loop", whereas every time he is killed, the day prior starts over or "resets". The two must form a bond, and live to fight each day and harvest the power of the Mimics in order to ensure humanity's survival.

Some, actually most, will likely argue that the action scenes, creature design and so forth are the films greatest strengths. I attest to those attributes, but I genuinely feel the film's greatest strengths lies within the screenplay, and the performance of Tom Cruise. In the beginning were susceptible, thinking Cruise is likely playing his normal "Top Gun" or "Mission Impossible" persona, however, this is never the case. The growth of Cruise's character, William Cage is worth the price of admission alone. I love how the audience goes from knowing a skirmish guy that has to ask constantly "Where is the safety?" to the end, where he is busting loads of bullets into alien sc*m, the only way he sees fit. It's honestly quite impressive.

Emily Blunt is fun also, while not being able to take her seriously maybe a tad hard, but her persona was perfect, and she's not your normal leading lady. Instead, she evenly pits herself against the big guns (no pun intended) and swings with full blast. Another greater strength to this film, is that it balances it's comic relief with stylized sci-fi sequences that feels like a breath of fresh air. From the over intoxication of deaths on screen, nobody could ever tell you they don't enjoy a laugh or two.

Of course, with the strengths comes the weaknesses. Where most film's problems is the pacing, "Edge Of Tomorrow" kind of suffers from lack thereof. Essentially, every five minutes the film is basically set in a spiral motion, and then bam, the whole relive every day plot sinks in, and becomes tasteless after a while. This never distracted from my overall enjoyment. I can say, however, I was a little fatigue with where things ended up. Including a satisfying conclusion, that was a tad rushed, and won't leave you feeling cheated. (Even though the ending, for lack of some better words, COULD have been better).

At the end of the day, weather your sci-fi geek, Tom Cruise extraordinaire, or any of the above. Doug Liman's "Edge Of Tomorrow" has a little something from everyone. And if you have the option .. it looks and sound's stunning in IMAX 3D

B+

Release Date: June 6th 2014
    Studio: Warner Bros.

Thanks For Stopping By.
  91. Jun 9, 2014
    Awesome, Just awesome... not only did this do justice to the manga its based off of.. its a movie based off a manga!

Let alone the visuals are awesome the action is awesome the story is awesome.
    One of the best sci-fi movies I have seen in a very long time this will be a classic.
  92. Jun 16, 2014
    An entertaining "science-fiction" movie if you don't mind semi-checking in your brain at the entrance and just being there for the action. The story itself has some serious loop-holes that you might have trouble ignoring. Don't ask yourself too many questions, or any questions, and you'll be fine. It's really decent entertainment, but if you're looking for a really good sci-fi movie, youAn entertaining "science-fiction" movie if you don't mind semi-checking in your brain at the entrance and just being there for the action. The story itself has some serious loop-holes that you might have trouble ignoring. Don't ask yourself too many questions, or any questions, and you'll be fine. It's really decent entertainment, but if you're looking for a really good sci-fi movie, you might want to pass on this one.
    Matrix like aliens invade the planet (why?), US major without much or any combat training suddenly finds himself serving under a British CO and is dropped on the battlefield (why?), lots of questions go unanswered as there isn't all that much depth to the story, but the action kind of makes up for that. The ending is also rather unsatisfying, but seeing a different Tom Cruise for a change does have upsides.
  93. Aug 4, 2014
    Great movie start to finish. Tom cruise was awesome like usual in this scifi action flick. Great action throughout and the visual effects were well done. I'm Not sure why the critics gave this a low score but I really enjoyed watching this at the theaters. I'm most likely purchasing this when it comes out on DVD. So if you haven't seen this yet and enjoy scifi action films, I highlyGreat movie start to finish. Tom cruise was awesome like usual in this scifi action flick. Great action throughout and the visual effects were well done. I'm Not sure why the critics gave this a low score but I really enjoyed watching this at the theaters. I'm most likely purchasing this when it comes out on DVD. So if you haven't seen this yet and enjoy scifi action films, I highly recommend checking this film out. Expand
  94. Jun 15, 2014
    Edge of Tomorrow is by far the best film of the year, although just for now. It completely avoids cliches and goes by an unpredictable and brilliant story,the performances of Tom cruise and Emily Blunt are pitch-perfect, the action scenes are exciting, fast and sometimes even brutal. But the film has this morbid sense of humor that really pushes it to the next level. But it also hasEdge of Tomorrow is by far the best film of the year, although just for now. It completely avoids cliches and goes by an unpredictable and brilliant story,the performances of Tom cruise and Emily Blunt are pitch-perfect, the action scenes are exciting, fast and sometimes even brutal. But the film has this morbid sense of humor that really pushes it to the next level. But it also has characters that matter, emotional moments and difficult choices are always put together in the film, it does have layers.

So please, go out there and see Edge of Tomorrow if you haven't already, it's definitely worth your time
  95. Jun 6, 2014
    Edge Of Tomorrow is a action packed adventure, that reinsurance us that Tom Cruise still has his groove. A very satisfying sci-fi, if not one of the best in recent years. Some really special acting and chemistry between the characters made this all the better, not to mention the Stella warfare scenes. The story is gripping and emotional draining, You really feel an anxiety while watchingEdge Of Tomorrow is a action packed adventure, that reinsurance us that Tom Cruise still has his groove. A very satisfying sci-fi, if not one of the best in recent years. Some really special acting and chemistry between the characters made this all the better, not to mention the Stella warfare scenes. The story is gripping and emotional draining, You really feel an anxiety while watching this movie, consistently worried that he will lose his ability to re-live sequences. This makes the movie unbearable at time! in a good way. Very well directed, acted, all round movie. Worth your time! Expand
  96. Jun 11, 2014
    The brink of the future - the best film so far this year. And even the best fiction film last 2-3 years. In the phrase "See can not miss", a comma should be put after the word to watch.

Skip this film - a crime. You know, this is the rare case where the trailer was worse than the film, but not vice versa. I expected tsvetoponosa, vanilla, and a confused story of three sets. In general, the film seemed that kind of category B-movie, filmed for a penny and a case of vodka. But this is not the case.

Unlike thousands of similar pictures here well done absolutely everything. Acting? Lovely! Even though I can not stand Tom Cruise, here he played on a solid top five. SG companion usually stupid and annoying. And here you are literally sympathize with Rita. Worried that it can kill. Yes and its just a great game (especially the scene in the barn).

Special effects? They are excellent here. When injected into the alien or not svetoponosa fighter, he just breaks into pieces. What the doctor ordered. Especially here managed to convey a picture in the dark.

The plot? Despite borrowing the concept of Groundhog Day, here he is great. There is no question why SG did so, why so, and not otherwise. No issues and physics. In theory - why not.

Find fault with the logic in this film too will not work. Everything is quite logical and not sostykovok not here.

In general, it turned out beautiful, dynamic fantastic movie. Are you worried for the characters and can not predict the ending. Until recently I was fidgeting in his chair, in 99% of cases this does not happen with me. The film will still remain long in the memory.

Watch in 3D I do not advise, and there is nothing special there except a couple of moments.

Overall a very well made movie. 9/10. See, you can not miss!
  97. Jun 12, 2014
    "What I am about to tell you sounds crazy, it's true and you have to listen to me. Your very lives depend on it. "

Edge Of Tomorrow is easily my favorite Tom Cruise movie that being said i have never really been a big fan of the guy but ever since Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol i actually started to kinda like him, sure his last film Oblivion may have been average but honestly most sci-fi movies nowadays are. Now i have never read the Manga/Novel whatever you call it but after watching the movie i just might want to give it a try, im sure it can only be better. Doug Liman has directed quite a few action movies so this is nothing new to him and honestly i thought the action was pretty awesome seeing Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt kick some ass in several scenes never gets tiring no matter how many times you see them. It's sad when some crap teen movie that people have seen literally thousands of times can get make more money at the box office than a movie with a intriguing cast and story.

The movie follows Major William Cage(Tom Cruise) a UDF(United Defense Forces) spokesman and officer in the United States military and after being summoned to London to meet with General Brigham(Brendan Gleeson) he is shipped off to the front lines of combat to fight a alien species called Mimics despite not actually being a soldier. Once on the front lines of the beach we see Cage fight and kill a huge Mimic but in the process he himself is killed but instead of dying he wakes up as if nothing had happened and he lives the previous day all over again. From here we see this process over and over which instead of being tedious they make each time he dies shorter and sometimes even funny. During each death Cage gains more knowledge so he would know whats going to happen, so later when he is out on the battlefield again he saves a woman named Rita Vrataski(Emily Blunt) and while saving her she realizes something about him and tells him to find her when he wakes up again then she lets herself die in an explosion and soon after that Cage dies.

Remembering to find Rita, Cage sets out to find her and in the process we see him die some more but we soon figure out whats going on with him and why he can live the same day over and over but we also figure out why Rita was able to know why Cage was special. Now we have our story in which it does take till the second half of the movie till we actually get into the story part rather than him just training. After reading some other reviews for the film they all seem to say its a mix of Starship Troopers meets Groundhog Day and pretty much for the most part thats spot on. Edge Of Tomorrow is by by far the best sci-fi blockbuster i have seen in some time (not counting superhero movies which for the most part i don't consider sci-fi) and by far the best i have seen from Doug Liman.

Overall i give it a 8.0 Tom Cruise does a solid acting performance but seriously i loved Emily Blunt in this she was so great in fact she is now one of my favorite actresses also Bill Paxton and Noah Taylor do solid performances. If you want to see a movie with great visuals then Edge Of Tomorrow is for sure a much watch at the theaters other then that just wait till Blu ray to watch it.
  98. Jun 7, 2014
    These days, it's hard to make a profitable movie with blockbusters coming out every week. Movies have to fight at each other's throats to suceed. And that really ends up hurting everybody and creates opportunities perfect for a box office bomb. This makes it hard for average moviegoers to pick what movie they should watch. Also, for amateur movie critics like myself, it's hard to keep upThese days, it's hard to make a profitable movie with blockbusters coming out every week. Movies have to fight at each other's throats to suceed. And that really ends up hurting everybody and creates opportunities perfect for a box office bomb. This makes it hard for average moviegoers to pick what movie they should watch. Also, for amateur movie critics like myself, it's hard to keep up with all these releases. With Maleficent, X-Men DOFP, The Fault In Our Stars, Godzilla, TASM2, Blended, A Million Ways to Die in the West, Neighbors, and a few other films as competitors, I hope that this film will manage to succeed.

Original? Unique? The premise of someone being stuck in a time travel loop isn't really, as it's been done before in Hollywood (Groundhog Day!). However, this film still manages to be fun and entertaining with a familiar premise. For those who are now young, those new to movies, or those new to the Sci-Fi genre, this won't feel overdone because they likely haven't seen too many movies with time-loops. Those who are older, more experienced and seasoned, or who have seen many Sci-Fi films might feel that this movie doesn't offer much new stuff or tread any new ground. Some might fear the "Live, Die, Repeat" thing might become boring and tiresome after a while--but with different camera angles, time jumps, and slightly different dialogue each time it doesn't. The re-spawning sequences are often funny and entertaining. Many have been reminded of videogames with this movie because Cruise is like an inexperienced kid. Trial and error, luck, etc. He uses the same tactics most use in videogames to become a better and better soldier, or "weapon".

Tom Cruise usually stars as some skilled fighter, but here he is just a Propaganda, Media, PR guy. This new inexperienced character is a good one for Cruise to play. It's different than his usual roles. William Cage is just trying to convince the public that the UDF--United Defense Forces--will win the war. (Promoting something one personally has never experienced or doesn't know much about? Hmm, where have I heard that before?) He's never been in a day of combat, and is totally unprepared for the horrors and challenges of warfare. He dies, but wakes up again. And again. And again. He's gained the power to reset the day. William Cage (Tom Cruise's character) ends up teaming up with a woman known as Rita, the "Angel of Verdun" (Emily Blunt's character). Together, they attempt to defeat the Mimics (Earth's alien invaders) and stop the time loop. Here, Cruise is able to be comedic AND and a action-hero star. Emily Blunt is able to be a badass (hence her other nickname, the "Full Metal B*tch"). They work great together; the chemistry between the two is good. The cast is good (liked to see Bill Paxton!). Some think Rita could've maybe had more development, but to me her development was almost perfect.

The plot is nice and the CGI good. The designs for the Mimics was done good. The exoskeletons were well-designed, but for me a BIT too bulky in some areas. Compared to Elysium's suits? Honestly, I feel both exo-skeletons combined would be great. (But does that really matter? What matters is the movie itself). The locations for the film were nice, and weren't locations like Washington DC that have been destroyed too many times.

This proves Tom Cruise is still a great actor, as some seem to dislike him. Personally, I haven't seen too much of Tom Cruise but what I have seen is good. Thanks to this movie, Emily Blunt is now a name I will look for. Great film. I hope people will see it one way or another, because it's good. Some say the ending is weak, cliched, convenient, confusing, but I liked it. It didn't bother me and didn't hurt too bad my overall impression of the film.

The film isn't as dark as the name of the novel it was based on would suggest, "All You Need is Kill". The name "Edge of Tommorow" is more forgettable but because of the supposed negative buzz surrounding the word "Kill" in the title the name was changed. Oh well. The film was released on the anniversary of D-Day, and it certainly reminds me of D-Day with the war setting and the beach assault.

If you liked this review, please read my other ones and mark this review as helpful. I have also reviewed X-Men Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Blended, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, The Lego Movie, and more. I also review TV shows and videogames. Remember, every vote counts!

Sincerely, AG732. Until next time!
  99. Jun 6, 2014
    Groundhog day with guns

Of course it uses the same trope. The only reason worth noting it is that few other movies have. The fact that both films share the same structure is as relevant as saying that because they use the same pieces, moves and boards, all chess games are the same. The story is the same game with very different moves. As a time-travel movie, I'm sure that other
    Groundhog day with guns

As a time-travel movie, I'm sure that other critics will come up with logic holes. But again, so what? I saw it two hours ago, and if they didn't stick out while I was watching it the movie navigated them well enough. Looper is another good example of that.

The movie has a lot of situational humor, as opposed to jokes [of the five people in the theatre the idiot two rows back couldn't stop cackling and I had to move from my 3D IMAX sweet spot].

Good editing is essential to good action sequences. Can you tell where all the combatants are in relationship to each other? How often does the director use a master shot to reorient the audience. In another Cruise summer action movie, Oblivion, there is a chase between Cruise in a flying vehicle and four drones, and all the them have the capacity to literally turn on a dime. Yet the direction was such that you always knew who was shooting at what, where.

The action here is more akin to the slice and dice that I hate in other films, but Doug Liman, director of two Bourne movies accomplishes the neat trick of making successive action sequences which, due to the structure, are incrementally different, exciting by introducing sudden new elements while still maintaining visual coherence.

It's ironic that Bill Paxton has a major role, as he did in Aliens: we have Cameron's direction to demonstrate that, even in the far future no weapon is as cool as a high caliber automatic. Verhoeven knew it, and it's still true.

Like Aliens, the picture depends on the strength of the zenomorph design. Here too there the receipt is to steal like crazy from other movies: some alien, some transformer, any roaring monster like Godzilla, the DNA is all there. Doesn't make a wit of difference; they kill and destroy everything in their path quickly and mercilessly.

As if the whole summer movie season was reset year to year, this is a Tom Cruise action picture, and the end is the same as all the other Tom Cruise summer action pictures. Again, so what? And based on what I read about him in the excellent, highly sourced nonfiction investigative book Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief [and as he hasn't brought a lawsuit against the publisher I have to believe it's because he would lose] he leaves a great deal to be desired as a human being. Insert shrug here. He does a good job of playing against his own established character type, showing a glimpse of the kind of range he demonstrated in movies like Rain Man. Emily Blunt acquits her self well as the woman warrior [the converse of the character she played in Looper] and could gave Warrant Officer Ripley a run for her money.
  100. Jun 12, 2014
    Review TAGS in Spanglish: 1: auuuuuuu , 2: original script , 3: Groundhog Day spirit , 4: Funny Tom , 4:a sci-fi with class , 5: military friendship , a: divertida , b: palomera , c: enemy aliens

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Jun 6, 2014
    A furiously time-looping joy ride and the smartest action film of the early summer season.
  2. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    Jun 6, 2014
    At its best, Edge of Tomorrow plays like a tripwire time-travel thriller. As it progresses, though, the built-in repetition can, and does, grow tedious.
    It’s probably no great loss, but here and elsewhere the seams show. And in this sort of movie it’s often more fun before we get our bearings and have time to say, “This makes no sense.”