Enduring Love

9.0

1. fionaj.
    Feb 17, 2005
    The 2 central performances from Craig and Ifans alone make this worth a watch. I'd waited about 4 months to see it and I wasn't disappointed. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the soundtrack.
  2. ChadS.
    Apr 29, 2006
    It's not Toshiro Mifune-and-Akira Kurosawa-good, but the director of "Notting Hill" seems to know Rhys Ifans better than anyone else. Even when Jed(Ifans) is in full stalker mode, his expressive eyes should neutralize the revulsion of even the most homophobic viewer. In real life, a straight man wouldn't want some hairy gay man serenading a "Pet Sounds" tune to him in a public It's not Toshiro Mifune-and-Akira Kurosawa-good, but the director of "Notting Hill" seems to know Rhys Ifans better than anyone else. Even when Jed(Ifans) is in full stalker mode, his expressive eyes should neutralize the revulsion of even the most homophobic viewer. In real life, a straight man wouldn't want some hairy gay man serenading a "Pet Sounds" tune to him in a public arena, but in film, you can root for Joe(Daniel Craig) to relent, if only for the sake of a more interesting ending. Predictably, what you think happens, happens, but there is a sly indication that a "Cruising" moment could've been averted if Joe was more honest. Expand
  3. FrankP.
    Nov 11, 2004
    Movie that makes you think about your own relationships. A bit like a Tom Stoppard play. Great opening and closing scenes.
  4. DennisL.
    Nov 4, 2004
    That green & sunny opening scene is a great jolt. Unexpectedly creepy but good movie. I couldn't figure out Samantha Morton's character--why was she unsupportive of Joe- Yet she considered herself "normal". I recommend it.
  5. CarolynW.
    Oct 19, 2005
    This moving was surprisingly creepy and thought provoking. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire plot, and am truly enamored by the twisted turn of events.
  6. mikej.
    Feb 18, 2005
    I went into this film with no expectations as my wife wanted to see it and i was keeping her happy- but i was riveted. Craig is an amazing actor.

1. Reviewed by: Luke Sader
    Daniel Craig, in his meatiest film role to date, delivers his usual incisive performance, even if this intimate drama of contemporary Londoners pushes the boundaries of credibility.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    A meditation on love, faith and science in the guise of a thriller, the movie's a tad schematic, but thoroughly gripping.
    The ideas behind Enduring Love may be fascinating, but they don’t play; they sulk.