Erin Brockovich

8.2

1. Sep 12, 2010
    Hey, I tell you! Damn, listen to me? Do not run, stop for a moment. Are no longer young. Thank you. I need you to just a few questions.

What is the color of your skin? What kind of question is this. Do not be angry, please, please reply. Eventually everything will be clearer. Resume, what is the color of your skin. I am a white man. Ok. You see that gentleman over there?

What is the color of your skin?

What kind of question is this.

I am a white man.

Ok. You see that gentleman over there?

Who, that reads the newspaper?

No, the other one with the dog.

You see it.

What is the color of his skin.

It 'a colored man.

Sorry, man of color is a bit generic, you can be more specific?

It 'a black man.

And the other, that is collecting a flower? Well .. one is yellow.

I'm bored? No, please. Continue.

Listen, you believe that diseases recognize skin color?

Come on, do not make me laugh, that damn question.

Yes, I recognize that the question is a little strange, but it is a question. Can you answer?

Sure, the diseases do not care your color, your religion, if you are a

Republican, a Socialist, left, center left, center right,

Democrat. I say more. Do not even knock on the door. Sign in enough

if it is trivial, you get on. Otherwise ... otherwise reach your God.

Pause ...

That's it?

We're taking taste? You like to be interviewed. Maybe call the video operator. Most people flee before the camera.

Come on. Yes, go ahead. Children, the elderly, what you think. I believe they have the right to grow, play, study .... and now elderly, die in peace. And if someone intentionally, perhaps to do a lot of money, anticipate everything. Nice catch. That's why we need a free press, free men, free information. You are informed? No. Sometimes I think it is useless. Do not be discouraged friend, it is important to be aware of the problem. So there are some brave films that tell true stories of people who pay on their skin, the careerism, the wealth at all costs, the struggle for power. It 'been a pleasure to meet you. America is beautiful, you have many problems but it is beautiful. Also in Italy we are not very good. Hello friend, thanks. Thank you to the next. And now the movie. Stubborn, loving, original, optimistic, charming, proud, dynamic, thoughtful, fearless, loyal, impulsive, foul-mouthed, angry, caring ... it has a memory of iron exercised because dyslexic. Two former husbands behind three children to care for Matthew, Kitty, Bett, respectively 8 and 6 years, 9 months' last. This woman is Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts). Even the real one, appears in the film. The encounter at the Steakhouse Restaurant. And 'the person who takes the reservations of the family when Brockovich, an "unwanted friend" in the kitchen sink, leads Erin to bring out the children. The first to be overwhelmed by our Artemis and, twice, is the lawyer Ed Masry (Albert Finney). The first. Unable to obtain compensation for the damage done to Erin's neck, the result of an accident. (By Erin poverty, called to testify in court, using language not exactly Shakespeare.) The second. Desperate for work, her days are punctuated by readings of ads and phone calls, has the idea of presenting the study at Masry and think a bit '... "get" the coveted job, no insurance, but that's something. Job, salary, ergo, a little 'sunshine. Meanwhile, the house vacated by the station is now occupied by George (Aaron Eckhart), working in construction when he wants and has a passion for the world's most famous twin. The first meeting with George is taken from the manual "How to get along with your new neighbor" far from it over time, however, things seem to take a different turn. Erin in the office and instructs an interest in a practice on real estate matters, taking advantage of the moment and asks her to dress in a less eccentric, but you know, Erin is direct when answering and his answers are "joke," It beats a retreat. Thus began the adventure of Erin Brockovich between papers, lawyers, colleagues are not always friendly, people to interview, documents to be photocopied, miles to go, people to send to that country e. . . an unexpected, fundamental encounter. An overcast most often is a harbinger of the storm. The presence of Erin Brockovich in the law firm Masry is something worse. Good Ciak!
  2. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Miss Goody-Two-Shoes goes enviro, morphs into Wonder Woman, saves planet, then comes off as plain old Mom less the usual cash flow problems. It's a well put together film, and maybe there is some truth to its characterization of the designated soul-less polluter, but the story itself's got a bad smell around the edges. I'm going with Yoon on this one.
  3. RickyC.
    Jan 9, 2004
    This was the Best Movie of the Year 2000!
  4. DerekL.
    Mar 1, 2001
    Little David brings down big Goliath. Sorry, been there seen that. Emotionally dishonest Hollywood fluff (nothing is this one-sided, not even a Superbowl), just what Hollywood is great at. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.
  5. TheodoreK.
    Mar 21, 2001
    Typical liberal Hollywood Junk (with added cleavage!!)
  6. MichaelC.
    Mar 29, 2001
    Actual rating: 8.5 out of 10. It's not quite Oscar worthy, but Julia Roberts is...amazingly unexplainable and the script brings Brockovich's extrordinary life to the screen with a memorable touch. Recommended!
  7. M.H.
    Mar 9, 2001
    The best movie in decades!
  8. YoonMinC.
    Sep 29, 2003
    Social consciousness movie as playing the slotmachine. A bunch of people get sick from corporate pollution and Ms Brockovich in the form of Julia Roberts turns them into millionaires. Only in America! Pouty-lipped, cleavage heaving Julia Roberts, who has the annoying habit of moistening her lips with her lizard lips, panders to both feminists and bimbos. The movie has some edgy early 70s Social consciousness movie as playing the slotmachine. A bunch of people get sick from corporate pollution and Ms Brockovich in the form of Julia Roberts turns them into millionaires. Only in America! Pouty-lipped, cleavage heaving Julia Roberts, who has the annoying habit of moistening her lips with her lizard lips, panders to both feminists and bimbos. The movie has some edgy early 70s American cinematic verve but it's no All the President's Men or even Serpico. It's just woman's movie as empowerment fantasy and how-to-become-a-millionaire-by-becoming-a-victim. Please, some corporation, poison me; and please God, sense some smart scantily clad broad my way. Expand
  9. ChristianG.
    Apr 29, 2005
    Julia Roberts deserved the Oscar for this movie (anyway it has been given to worst actresses). Her performance is not a deep one, but she knows how to pull off her lack of talent very well, and actually make this movie an entertaining one. All the production values are great, as so it is the supporting cast (Albert finney above all). Steven Soderbergh has a great talent for making Julia Roberts deserved the Oscar for this movie (anyway it has been given to worst actresses). Her performance is not a deep one, but she knows how to pull off her lack of talent very well, and actually make this movie an entertaining one. All the production values are great, as so it is the supporting cast (Albert finney above all). Steven Soderbergh has a great talent for making important issues entertaining and not heavy handed. I have seen it like 7 times now, and still doesn't get old. Expand
  10. RyanM.
    May 28, 2001
    A very good movie. Soderbergh creates his characters and cast so well that it's hard not too lose. Julia Roberts is absolutely dazzling as Erin, and in a nutshell this is probably one of the year's best.
  11. JonathanF.
    Jan 23, 2006
    great performance. great story. very entertaining.
  12. ColeL.
    Nov 21, 2001
    It takes the hard truth and mixes it with the rock soild acting role of Juila Roberts. When these two monuments collide, it makes for an uplifting movie.
  13. Gilbert
    Nov 22, 2002
    I wish people would stop using the word "Liberal" as an insult. It's like calling Tony Blair "President". He's Prime Minister, it's the same damn thing! Anyway anyway anyway. Politics aside, this is a pretty good biopic, with Soderbergh's trademark stop-start direction used to great effect, and great performances from Roberts and Albert "Tom" Finney. Shame about the I wish people would stop using the word "Liberal" as an insult. It's like calling Tony Blair "President". He's Prime Minister, it's the same damn thing! Anyway anyway anyway. Politics aside, this is a pretty good biopic, with Soderbergh's trademark stop-start direction used to great effect, and great performances from Roberts and Albert "Tom" Finney. Shame about the title though. I hate films named after their central character. Collapse
  14. Dec 22, 2014
    Overall, Erin Brockovich has pretty solid direction, but falls short in some of its most important aspects. It's a well paced and well told story with some good messages, but in terms of accuracy and entertainment value, it sometimes feels forced.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Michael Atkinson
    All of the filmmaker's fine work and good intentions cannot make this repetitive and finally tiresome saga fly.
  2. San Francisco Examiner
    Reviewed by: Wesley Morris
    Loose and funny with verve.
    Surely one of the canniest and most accurate films about American working-class life ever.