Escape from Planet Earth

5.6

1. Jun 15, 2013
    Clever, smart, and funny, Escape from Planet Earth is a thrilling animated good time at the movies. Its not a fabulous movie, but it still is a whole lot of fun with some smart humor, exciting moments, and some feel-good lessons on family, heroism and sibling bonding. The animation, while paling in comparison to "Brave" and "How To Train Your Dragon" is still sleek and cartoony.Clever, smart, and funny, Escape from Planet Earth is a thrilling animated good time at the movies. Its not a fabulous movie, but it still is a whole lot of fun with some smart humor, exciting moments, and some feel-good lessons on family, heroism and sibling bonding. The animation, while paling in comparison to "Brave" and "How To Train Your Dragon" is still sleek and cartoony.

There's also not much to complain about. A few gross-out gags and a couple of other odd moments are as problematic as it gets. Some of the sci-fi explosions and whiz-bang action may be too intense for the youngest viewers.

For a more detailed review, visit www.moviestakenseriously.blogspot.com
  2. Feb 26, 2013
    Wow, I don't know why everyone is so hard on this movie. Saw it opening day, went with another family, 5 kids, we and they all really liked it. No it's not a Pixar mega movie by any means, but it's still good. We laughed, the kids laughed, there were some adult orientated jokes as expected, etc etc. Saying the movie had no depth? Ok, I guess, it's not DEEP, but it's a kids flick.Wow, I don't know why everyone is so hard on this movie. Saw it opening day, went with another family, 5 kids, we and they all really liked it. No it's not a Pixar mega movie by any means, but it's still good. We laughed, the kids laughed, there were some adult orientated jokes as expected, etc etc. Saying the movie had no depth? Ok, I guess, it's not DEEP, but it's a kids flick. Nerdy alien brother, helps save the day over stronger jock brother, and the aliens escape the planet. Don't listen to the hard A$$es on here, they are out to lunch. Go see the flick, it's entertaining, and that's what we go to the movies for right? To be entertained. Expand
  3. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a wonderful family movie for the family. My children were glued to the television screen. As an adult I very much enjoyed the movie as well. It had us laughing through the whole movie.
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    An easy-going family cartoon. The storyline had some family values, good for kids, not so much for adults. It was entertaining as far as a cartoon goes. The characters were one dimensional, and everything else was quite straight forward. Good for a family movie night with the kids.
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    I am posting this because I think critics are a little bit to sever about this one. This movie deserve a better metascore. If you want to enjoy a good looking fun to watch animation movie. This is one you might like. I give it 7, but a kid might give it 9/10.
  6. Mar 14, 2015
    I don understand why people give this cartoon such a low review number...

The good things about this cartoon: - Story has a deeper layer. It's all about the relationship between aliens, which you as viewer can reflect back to yourself. A heart warming cartoon that is at par with the greater productions of Disney or Dreamworks. Great ending. - The graphics are less good than the best
    I don understand why people give this cartoon such a low review number...

The good things about this cartoon:

- The graphics are less good than the best cartoons, difference is like disney 10 and Escape from earth is 7.5, but hey , a good cartoon is a combination of multiple things that make it good or best.

- As a cartoon lover, I like only the cartoons that are not too expensive and have a good morale.

- Common jokes woven into the story.

- Bad guys loose and good guys win!

If you see this cartoon, watch it, you will not be disappointed! recommended!
  7. Jun 16, 2014
    Before going into this movie, I knew that the movie is not going to be as good as a Pixar animation or a Dreamworks one. However, Escape from Planet Earth is really entertaining, funny and heartfelt at some parts. The movie is not flawless, at some parts the animation feels like a video game animation, at other parts it feels like an ad for 7eleven, the characters are fairly cliched andBefore going into this movie, I knew that the movie is not going to be as good as a Pixar animation or a Dreamworks one. However, Escape from Planet Earth is really entertaining, funny and heartfelt at some parts. The movie is not flawless, at some parts the animation feels like a video game animation, at other parts it feels like an ad for 7eleven, the characters are fairly cliched and briefly develop throughout, some unconvincing aspects of the film, and also some boring sequences, but the movie is fun, and that is what you want from such animated movie, for the most part. Expand
  8. Apr 30, 2014
    Escape From Planet Earth is a really good family movie. It's really good for kids and is rated PG. My favorite part was when he went on a baby rescue mission. I highly recommend this film!
  9. Aug 17, 2014
    Escape From Planet Earth is a guilty pleasure of mine. But it would be more than biased to upgrade this movie because I just love it. With all honesty, it is a 7eleven commercial at times. Despite having its moments, it is cliched and very predictable yet it is a guilty pleasure of mine that I can't get enough with.

1. Reviewed by: Laremy Legel
    Feb 26, 2013
    Not recommended for anyone but the hardiest of animation completists, this one is a definite skip. There’s nothing to note, nothing to grasp, nothing in which to find mirth. You could Escape from Planet Earth, but you’re better off just ignoring it.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Feb 23, 2013
    Escape From Planet Earth makes a compelling case for our disposable culture to finally get wiped out by malevolent aliens.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Feb 20, 2013
    This movie is a mess: It keeps doubling back on itself – a twisting pretzel of a plot that doesn’t really make sense.