5.6

1. TyroneA.
    Jul 9, 2005
    A fun picture unlike the horrible War of The Worlds. Not great but a fun popcorn movie that you can at least relate to.
  2. MarcD
    Jul 9, 2005
    Entertainment. Simple as that. A movie in the old school style.
  3. Mar 15, 2015
    Competent entertainment, and a fun feuding dynamic between youngish heroes not quite ready for the limelight, but it's basically just the Marvel Origin Story Template applied once more. Jessica Alba can't act, but Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom is one of the better villain performances in this stable. Meh.
  4. May 14, 2012
    Fantastic Four, a great movie, a really great movie! It's a movie that can't be forgotten, because it is clever. I love this movie, and I love Jessica Alba's voice acting (and I like even her face :P). Even the other actors are fantastic, the one that flies with fire, the elastic ones, the "rock" one. (9.7)
  5. Aug 10, 2015
    Good times, FF needed a new look, very reminiscent of the Ultimate FF by Millar. Enjoyed Doom as well. Love the Sci-Fi explorer approach. The new actors on board were great.
  6. Mar 7, 2012
    I don't understand this poor score, the film is fantastic, the cast is wow incredible, the effects are awesome, I believe that the critics don't watch the special of the film. Sorry but this movie is amazing.
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    Don't listen to the other critics on this one, Fantastic Four is fantastic! The effects are great, some moments are humorous, and it actually moves along without lagging.
  8. BlazeC.
    Dec 6, 2005
    The movie was really good and I think that the critics are wrong. It was a great story with great graphics..... IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE !!!!!!
  9. DevonC.
    Mar 12, 2007
    A BIG BORE but is a great action movie and interest. Kinda copies X-men.
  10. Jan 20, 2015
    Un film coinvolgente,composto da un cast straordinario,peccato che a molti non è piaciuto.A me è piaciuto principalmente per la storia e per i personaggi,sia il primo che il secondo capitolo li ritengo all'altezza della trilogia di Spider-Man creata da Sam Raimi.
  11. JeffL.
    Jul 13, 2005
    This movie did a good job of capturing the comic book atmosphere. I enjoyed the jokes and funny situations. I would recommend this movie for kids. I thought Batman and War of the Worlds were too dark for kids.
  12. TonyL
    Jul 15, 2005
    It's not Shakespeare, but I had a good time. The effects for the Human Torch were first rate. For the next installment, bring on Galactus and the Silver Surfer!
  13. ZoeyG.
    Jul 31, 2005
    All i can say is FANTASTIC. The best movie of the year including Batman Begins!!
  14. rupertf.
    Jul 8, 2005
    The best fun film in years.
  15. R.Coley
    Jul 8, 2005
    As a comic fan, I had a great time, but so did my friend who knows nothing about the FF. I think the movie harkened back to the feel of the 1960s comic books where the emphasis was on fun rather than on darkness.
  16. MaureenV.
    Jul 8, 2005
    My son and I enjoyed this movie for what it was..... the version of comic book heroes brought to life...
  17. S.Turner
    Jul 9, 2005
    Had a alot of fun watching it.
  18. Billybob
    Jul 9, 2005
    Don't let the critics fool u, this movie isn't that bad at all....it certainly doesnt deserve a 40.
  19. AlbertH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I liked it for what it is. A popcorn movie, nothing great, but not as bad as the professional critics would have you think. It reveals itself as a true cartoon that is definitely worth the watch.
  20. Bosko
    Aug 18, 2005
    It's not as bad as the reviewers have portrayed... IF you're a Fantastic Four Fan like myself, who worships Jack Kirby and the great work he and Stan Lee did in the original comic books. In fact, I thought this was a little better than the Spiderman films (strictly from an original fan-boy's POV.) The good news is, they get The Thing right, and the Human Torch is close to It's not as bad as the reviewers have portrayed... IF you're a Fantastic Four Fan like myself, who worships Jack Kirby and the great work he and Stan Lee did in the original comic books. In fact, I thought this was a little better than the Spiderman films (strictly from an original fan-boy's POV.) The good news is, they get The Thing right, and the Human Torch is close to the Lee/Kirby version. Sue Storm and Reed Richards aren't too bad either. The bad news is, they get Doctor Doom all wrong, and ruin what could have been an amazing film treatment of the comic books by destroying his character (best super villain of all time). They even include him in the origin story. There are some great special effects, they include Alicia (Thing's blind GF), and they even refer to Yancey Street... Next time they should consult with some FF fans before they approve the script, though. Expand
  21. ashwanis.
    Oct 11, 2005
    Awesome the best superhero movie ever made period.
  22. PeaN.
    Jul 10, 2005
    A MUST SEE MOVIE! I saw this movie last tomorrow and it was fantatic. It was really hilarios, and i cunt wait to see it again. The flaming guy was really funny with his one liners and his girlish voice filling up the theater. I didnt like Jessica alba, she was far better in Honey. Everyone in my family enjoyed this movie, even my loveing mentally ill sister Janet. Janet said her favorite A MUST SEE MOVIE! I saw this movie last tomorrow and it was fantatic. It was really hilarios, and i cunt wait to see it again. The flaming guy was really funny with his one liners and his girlish voice filling up the theater. I didnt like Jessica alba, she was far better in Honey. Everyone in my family enjoyed this movie, even my loveing mentally ill sister Janet. Janet said her favorite part was Chris Evans face, because it was "funny and large". I was Blown after the movie, because it was just soo good, and i really was sad when it ended. This is really a great movie, and it was almost as good as Tim Story's other movies Taxi and Barbershop. If you dont mind spending money on a medicore movie then you should definitly see this, i mean it was really amazing. Please see it and you will be blown away, from the acting to the special effects, its all fantatic!!! Expand
  23. EricT.
    Jul 10, 2005
    A great movie? No. Awful? Absolutely not. Attention reviewiers: This movie is NOT Batman! It is NOT dark and gritty! What it is, as it should be, is good fun. Is some of the dialogue campy? Yes. Can Jessica Alba act? Not well enough. Are the characters' personalities pretty true to the comic? All except for Doom. It's fun, the effects are pretty, and there are plenty of moments A great movie? No. Awful? Absolutely not. Attention reviewiers: This movie is NOT Batman! It is NOT dark and gritty! What it is, as it should be, is good fun. Is some of the dialogue campy? Yes. Can Jessica Alba act? Not well enough. Are the characters' personalities pretty true to the comic? All except for Doom. It's fun, the effects are pretty, and there are plenty of moments for those of us who aren't too cool to have a sense of humor. Expand
  24. tj
    Jul 11, 2005
    After seeing this and the horrid War of the Idiots I had to give this a ten by comparison. It is everything War isn't in that it is plain fun of a cartoon nature. This is the anti War.
  25. Steve
    Jul 12, 2005
    Not the expected, it was fun, camp and all around enjoyable.
  26. tony
    Jul 10, 2005
    I had a fun time watching this movie, but I didn't like the special effects, it looked cartoony, and the Fanatastic 4 kept fighting with each other. But it was funny and there were scenes that I enjoyed a lot.
  27. rodneyc.
    Jul 13, 2005
    This movie rocks and i think it deserves 4 stars.
  28. MarkF.
    Jul 14, 2005
    Jeepers...what's all the negativity about? There's nothing wrong with this adaption (outside of a low-key performance of Dr. Doom; these actors shouldn't be afraid to go 'over the top' in their villian portrail). This film really isn't all that different from the other films depicting the Marvel Universe.
  29. RaymondM.
    Jul 10, 2005
    A lot of fun. comic book light.
  30. MarkB.
    Jul 20, 2005
    Much has been said in the (mostly negative) reviews of this Marvel superhero epic about the characteristically low-rent 1994 Roger Corman-produced version that almost nobody seems to have actually seen, and the overly uncharitable and cynical among us might therefore ask if that version and this one are really one and the same? From the sets to the special effects to Thing's costume, Much has been said in the (mostly negative) reviews of this Marvel superhero epic about the characteristically low-rent 1994 Roger Corman-produced version that almost nobody seems to have actually seen, and the overly uncharitable and cynical among us might therefore ask if that version and this one are really one and the same? From the sets to the special effects to Thing's costume, this definitely has a medium-budget, retro-1960s look and feel: villain Victor Van Doom resembles a live-action Gerry Anderson puppet figure (especially with those eyebrows!); many of the jokes would feel right at home in an early Scooby-Doo episode; and even Jessica Alba's skin-tight suit seems to have been borrowed from Fantastic Voyage's Raquel Welch! All this contributes to the comfy, old-shoe feeling this movie gave me: it may not have any of the grand ambitions of Batman Begins or the Spider-Man films, but it also doesn't patronize the audience the way Ang Lee's unbearable Hulk did...it's just an unptetentious good time. Michael Chiklis (TV's The Commish, The Shield) strikingly communicates the confusion and agony of Ben Grimm, aka The Thing, who by far gets the worst end of the molecular transformation, but Chris Evans as The Human Torch (the only character who genuinely enjoys his accidentally-conferred superpowers and doesn't want to give them up) steals the movie, bringing with him the same blend of swagger and sweetness that helped make 2004's Cellular one of the best B-movies in years. Lots of Nice Little Moments abound, such as Reed Richards' (Ioan Griffudd) flexible response when Alba's Invisible Woman describes the kind of man she's looking for why he ain't it, and a very funny, subtle Burger King product promo. These almost make up for some scriptwriting glitches that are instantly apparent--for example, why are the Four constantlt touted as heroes when their exploits and rescues invariably cause several hundred tons of property damage to everything from skyscrapers to hot dog stands (and in at least one instance, they were the CAUSE of the calamity to begin with? And would one scientist or comics buff please explain to me why Ben's transformation into The Thing necessitates the loss of 20% of his fingers and toes? Expand
  31. HelenB.
    Jul 31, 2005
    Yes i know a very high vote but i have to say its one of the best comic books brought to the big screen. Want critics dont understand is that the characters in this first movie were the main thing the speical effects was not so important because they have just discovered their powers. Yes of course the sequel will probably have more speical effects. Also the critics are forgetting is that Yes i know a very high vote but i have to say its one of the best comic books brought to the big screen. Want critics dont understand is that the characters in this first movie were the main thing the speical effects was not so important because they have just discovered their powers. Yes of course the sequel will probably have more speical effects. Also the critics are forgetting is that it is very true to the comic. If you changed the whole thing like they are more or less saying, then you would come up with not the Fantastic 4 but something else. I dont understand what the critics are finding horrid about this movie? The casting is excellent i mean Ioan Gruffudd looks exactly like Mr. Fantastic. The critics are also saying that Gruffudd was a dull scientist etc. But if they knew anything about the comic then they should understand that Mr Fantastic was exactly like that in the comic! He was always the geeky guy but the extremely sensible one. People are also criticising Jessica Alba as just being there to please the guys. I mean come on she wasnt only there for that. Without Sue Storm the Fantastic 4 would probably kill each other, she's the peace-maker the one that talks sense into mainly The Thing and Human Torch because they dont get along very well. I found this movie very pleasing and i think that the cast and crew of Fantastic 4 should not listen to the critics because they obviously don;t understand what they are talking about. I've also noticed that the movie critics seem to be giving movies like BAtman Begins which is more of a dark movie showing the dark side of things, high marks. While they are giving happy cheery movies that please people with low marks for example fantastic 4!!! Maybe if the critics looked at it in a point of view where they maybe took a look at the comic book then maybe they'll see why all the fans and people who want just a good movie will like Fantastic 4. In my opinion since Fantastic 4 has been getting very low marks by critics but very high marks from normal people who just watched the movie I would say you should probably listen to the normal people becasue they probably understand the movie and are not biased like the critics. Expand
  32. MarkR.
    Jul 8, 2005
    Pure dumb fun, this is a light summer confection. It is not on par with Batman or Spiderman, but it is enjoyable nonetheless.
  33. Jer
    Jul 8, 2005
    I think one of the reasons why so many critics are giving FF negative reviews is because they were expecting something like Batman or X-Men. the problem with that is that the Fantastic Four is nothing like them. their stories aren't about dark-filled dramas filled with angst. they're about fun and adventure, and i this movie was definitely fun. seriously, does every single comic I think one of the reasons why so many critics are giving FF negative reviews is because they were expecting something like Batman or X-Men. the problem with that is that the Fantastic Four is nothing like them. their stories aren't about dark-filled dramas filled with angst. they're about fun and adventure, and i this movie was definitely fun. seriously, does every single comic book movie have to be dark, hip, and mature? i see a movie to be entertained and this movie did the job. i definitely think families, especially kids, will love this movie. i know my inner child did. Expand
  34. RockySquirrell
    Jul 8, 2005
    The critics are extremely wrong on this one. If, like me, you grew up reading the Fantastic Four comic books, you will love this movie.
  35. WillN.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Action, laughs...it's clobberin' time. I'm six years old and I loved it very much.
  36. StephenB.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I thought this was a very fun movie, and captured the characters very well. Different from Batman Begins, because of the nature of the team dynamic. Not as dark, or as serious as Spider-Man, and much more fun than X-Men. A much better production than Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, Punisher, or that awful Catwoman movie. Just slightly below Batman Begins. I'd put it up there with I thought this was a very fun movie, and captured the characters very well. Different from Batman Begins, because of the nature of the team dynamic. Not as dark, or as serious as Spider-Man, and much more fun than X-Men. A much better production than Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, Punisher, or that awful Catwoman movie. Just slightly below Batman Begins. I'd put it up there with Spider-Man, and the first X-Men. Expand
  37. Leslie
    Jul 9, 2005
    Once again the professional critics got it wrong. They liked the attrocious War of The Morons, but bad mouthed this good flick. If you want to have some good natured fun at a cartoon flick then this is it. Just take it for what it is and you'll enjoy it.
  38. TomM.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I can see why people would like this film and I can see why people would despise it. I'd prefer to rate this movie a 6.5 but that's not an option thus the 7. Perhaps the best way for you to get anything out of my review would be to let you know where I stand on comic book movies. My favourites would be Unbreakable, Sin City, Spider-Man 2 and Incredibles Just below that I would I can see why people would like this film and I can see why people would despise it. I'd prefer to rate this movie a 6.5 but that's not an option thus the 7. Perhaps the best way for you to get anything out of my review would be to let you know where I stand on comic book movies. My favourites would be Unbreakable, Sin City, Spider-Man 2 and Incredibles Just below that I would place Spider-Man, Hellboy, X-Men 1&2 Then there are thos I consider enjoyable at some level but nothing special and some with serious flaws Batman, Batman Begins, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Punisher Tthe god awful group Batman sequels, Daredevil And finally movies I have not seen because I'm pretty sure I'll really really hate them Electra, Catwoman If you agree somewhat with my grouping above then read on I went into FF expecting to really hate it. I hated when they named the director, hated what I had heard about the story, hated the origin change of Doom and was very worried about what the Thing was going to look like. The story ended up being a little cheesy and simplistic. There were some real groaner lines but the kids in the theatre all laughed at each and every one of them. The special effects were of X-Men leve imo. Some things looked better than others. But over all I believe the captured the heart of the FF. The Thing and Johnny Storm were nailed. Mr. Reed Richards and Sue Storm were less effective. Reed didn't really come across as a leader or as a super scientist. It's something I hope will be far more developed in the next film (if there is one). There was also very little chemistry between Reed and Sue. Sue storm was the weakest fo the four due largely, imo, to a very weak script for the character. The biggest weakness in the film was Doom. Very poorly executed. Not frightening. Hollywood just refuses to stay true to their source material, believing they know better, and failing miserably. When will they learn? This movie was not made for fans of the comic book. It's just a light airy little romp that the kids will love and the adults will be able to tolerate. Nothing memorable but certainly not Daredevil bad. This is not Filet Mignon. It's McDonald's. But we all enjoy a big Mac every now and then don't we? Expand
  39. NoorA.
    Jul 9, 2005
    The bar has been raised so high in the last few years in regards to comic book adaptation, The Fantastic Four comes off only as above Average. But it still is not that bad and why are critics bashing it. I mean the dialogue was better then Revenge of the Sith.
  40. Prattdaddy
    Jul 9, 2005
    I saw it and all I can say is...Im surprised! I can't believe the critics damn this film so much! I think that the critics are doing what they're paid to do though...Be critical...because they were way too critical with this one. Sure script-wise it's a cheesefest, and it doenst stack up to quality comic book powerhouses like Spider-man, Batman Begins, and Sin City, but if I saw it and all I can say is...Im surprised! I can't believe the critics damn this film so much! I think that the critics are doing what they're paid to do though...Be critical...because they were way too critical with this one. Sure script-wise it's a cheesefest, and it doenst stack up to quality comic book powerhouses like Spider-man, Batman Begins, and Sin City, but if you want to go to a movie just to have a good time, this movie more than delivers. Also, I believe the main four were cast perfectly, especially Evans and Chiklis, who nail Storm's cocky fly guy attitude and the anguish Ben Grimm suffers from his disfiguring gift/curse as the Thing. The only thing that made me cringe was Julian Mcmahon, who gave perhaps the cheesiest villain performance ever, but luckily, they did the right thing by not giving Von Doom as Much screentime as the Four, however i'm sure Nip/Tuck Fans will eat it up. It may not be a life-altering film, but if you want to see some A+ special effects, and well choreographed fight scenes, go see F4. I went in looking to be dissappointed, but I came out smiling. Expand
  41. Rebecca.
    Aug 3, 2005
    Best movie of the year!
  42. Jane
    Aug 3, 2005
    Totally C-O-O-L!
  43. WallyS.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Lacks the majesty of other superhero flicks such as the stunning Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2, and reveals itself as a dissapointing cliché ridden flick full of superficial characters and mind-blowing effects, but hey, at least it entertains a bit and the actors are carismatic, no doubt.
  44. AntarikshS.
    Oct 6, 2005
    One of the coolest movies of the year which was fun to watch great acting, superb special effects, very good action and decent story makes this my 4th best marvel comic book movie and 5 best from all comic book movies. You should definitely watch this.
  45. G2
    Jul 10, 2005
    The movie was great the first 2/3's of the movie but you start to wonder if theres any fighting in the movie, and leave the theater feeling like somethings missing because there's nowhere near as much as "spider-man 2", or "batman". Chris Evans was funny and michael chiklis did good too. Jessica alba didnt quite save the movie but mr fantastic was nothing special. If your The movie was great the first 2/3's of the movie but you start to wonder if theres any fighting in the movie, and leave the theater feeling like somethings missing because there's nowhere near as much as "spider-man 2", or "batman". Chris Evans was funny and michael chiklis did good too. Jessica alba didnt quite save the movie but mr fantastic was nothing special. If your choosing between batman or fantastic four, choose batman cuz this movie is not so fantastic. Expand
  46. LarryS.
    Jul 13, 2005
    I thought it was a lot of fun and true to the comic book. The story line was consistent. Better than many.
  47. ScottH.
    Jul 13, 2005
    Very true to the comic as far as I remember it. Not as heavy as Spiderman, more lighthearted and fun. Better than I expected.
  48. LeeF
    Jul 14, 2005
    I'm not sure what the critics were expecting when they went to see this one. It is a light, sitcom - like popcorn flick for the summer, which pretty much sums up what the comic was like at the beginning. I'm somewhat aware of the Fantastic Four outside of the movie, and I thought they did a great job handling each character's reaction to their new powers. No, it's not I'm not sure what the critics were expecting when they went to see this one. It is a light, sitcom - like popcorn flick for the summer, which pretty much sums up what the comic was like at the beginning. I'm somewhat aware of the Fantastic Four outside of the movie, and I thought they did a great job handling each character's reaction to their new powers. No, it's not action or plot packed, but it was a nice introduction to these characters. Overall, this movie falls right alongside X-Men in feeling and character set-up. Expand
  49. jonm.
    Jul 15, 2005
    I liked it a lot!!!
  50. RH
    Jul 16, 2005
    I can't believe the reviewers gave this such bad reviews! No... it won't make picture of the year, but it was a great summer movie... To reviewers: LIGHTEN UP! To those thinking of seeing it: It's a good evening of entertainment! I recommend it.
  51. BobB.
    Jul 16, 2005
    Did you guys saw the same movie has me, everybody is saying that movie is bad or not worth seeing it. And when i saw it i was more then please, maybe is wasnt the biggest story line ever made for Marvel but it was close to very good. Special effect top notch, the only probleme was elastic guy is acting wasnt that great but the rest of the gang was very good.
  52. BarryC.
    Jul 18, 2005
    I loved this movie and can't wait for the sequel. I think they could have found a better Reed Richards but overall I think the movie was great. The character interaction was on point (nice work director). The special effects were close to being on point. See This Movie!
    Jul 7, 2005
    Top movie great work by jessica alba.
  54. MLee
    Jul 8, 2005
    Not a bad movie at all. Entertaining, and fun. If you're a fan of the comic, you'll like the movie. If you want this film to be a stunning testament, filled with anxt and melodrama, rent Spiderman 2 again. Too many people sit and want to pick a movie apart. Just enjoy it...it's not that hard.
  55. RKar
    Jul 8, 2005
    I actually liked it! Won tickets to the premiere, wasn't expecting much, and walked away with a smile on my face.
  56. Carrie
    Entertaining movie.
  57. AlanD.
    Jul 9, 2005
    this is probably the first time that i'm so thoroughly dumbfounded by movie critics. even when i disagree, i can still see whaere they come from. but this latest from marvel has the same quality and tone as most of the other (good) movies from their line. the CGI was very good and even believable, the characters were great (jonny storm had all the reason to be insipid, whiny, and this is probably the first time that i'm so thoroughly dumbfounded by movie critics. even when i disagree, i can still see whaere they come from. but this latest from marvel has the same quality and tone as most of the other (good) movies from their line. the CGI was very good and even believable, the characters were great (jonny storm had all the reason to be insipid, whiny, and annoyingly AWFUL, but instead he was funny), and the story was fun and exciting. my only misgiving was dr. doom, who was all wrong. from the origin to the casting, that was something i couldnt like. the movie overall was a fantastic summer offer, and if critics were going to savagely prune something like this, they should have started with the first x-men movie. Expand
  58. TomR.
    Jul 9, 2005
    It's a comic book, it's not supposed to be serious. It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed myself. The characters were well played by the actors (major kudos to Chiklis and Evans), and were written true to the books. Could all these serious reviewers that gave this movie a bad rap forgotten how to have fun? Lighten up, people!
  59. CarltonH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    The best comic book adaptation yet. Better than the Spiderman flicks. The speciial effects rock, the writing is clever and funny and the Thing and Johnny Storm characters are excellent. If you don't like this one, you're just not a person who likes fun.
  60. kimi.
    Aug 2, 2005
    It really wasnt that bad seriously. i mean it wasnt as good as x men 2 but it still had its moments i know for a fact it was better than dare devil wich really sucked and elcetra worst of them all. it was worth seing but id rather see star wars III or war of the worlds before seing this.
  61. SeanJ.
    Jan 27, 2006
    F4 was a great starting point for future movies they couldn't give you it all or make them masters of their power to start off. Every great story has to have a begenning.
  62. Tammy
    Dec 16, 2005
    I love the invisible girl.
  63. PaulF.
    Jul 11, 2005
    OK, amateur and "professional" critics, see what a fair review of a movie is like. I'm not immature giving it a 1, 0, or the other side of the dysfunctional coin a 10. I'm calling a spade a spade. Fantastic no, good yes, better than average definitely. I went to Fantastic Four expecting to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised, I love when that happens. I do not know why OK, amateur and "professional" critics, see what a fair review of a movie is like. I'm not immature giving it a 1, 0, or the other side of the dysfunctional coin a 10. I'm calling a spade a spade. Fantastic no, good yes, better than average definitely. I went to Fantastic Four expecting to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised, I love when that happens. I do not know why I even bother reading reviews because there are too many people who have not bothered to grow up. Even the "Professional" critics have severely missed the mark on this one. I do not know what they were expecting or if they did not receive their pay offs or what but let's assume they are honest for a moment. What the hell were they thinking? The highest score on metacritic is the lowest possible score I'd give this movie. No, this movie didn't bring me to tears, but it also was not the point. This movie had slightly better than decent acting, even from Alba. Quite frankly I was confused as to why many people were saying she could not act. Are these people prejudice thinking a gorgeous woman could not possible act? Well they are wrong. Yes, no Emmys' here, but also no razzberries warranted either. What fantastic four did have in it's favor was a coherent story from start to finish with characters that had interesting powers which were displayed in a variety of ways. This movie was almost literally bursting at the seams eye candy. The effects alone are fantastic and I agree without a story it would not be enough for my eight bucks but it did and I was not bored for a single moment, nor did I say to myself this is hokey. I had a good time. And I was not alone, people actually clapped at the end of the movie. OK, amateur and "professional" critics, see what a fair review of a movie is like. I'm not immature giving it a 1, 0, or the other side of the dysfunctional coin a 10. I'm calling a spade a spade. Fantastic no, good yes, better than average definitely. I went to Fantastic Four expecting to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised, I love when that happens. I do not know why I even bother reading reviews because there are too many people who have not bothered to grow up. Even the "Professional" critics have severely missed the mark on this one. I do not know what they were expecting or if they did not receive their pay offs or what but let's assume they are honest for a moment. What the hell were they thinking? The highest score on metacritic is the lowest possible score I'd give this movie. No, this movie didn't bring me to tears, but it also was not the point. This movie had slightly better than decent acting, even from Alba. Quite frankly I was confused as to why many people were saying she could not act. Are these people prejudice thinking a gorgeous woman could not possible act? Well they are wrong. Yes, no Emmys' here, but also no razzberries warranted either. What fantastic four did have in it's favor was a coherent story from start to finish with characters that had interesting powers which were displayed in a variety of ways. This movie was almost literally bursting at the seams eye candy. The effects alone are fantastic and I agree without a story it would not be enough for my eight bucks but it did and I was not bored for a single moment, nor did I say to myself this is hokey. I had a good time. And I was not alone, people actually clapped at the end of the movie. But this review is much more than about Fantastic Four. It is more so about the critics than it is about the movie. I'm trying to understand the psychology of these people and our culture. I do not often go to the movies. If a dozen movies are out I see about two. I carefully select my movies therefore rarely do I come out of a movie saying to myself, Expand
  64. JW
    Jul 11, 2005
    FF is the only comic book movie that has sucessfuly mixed sharp comedy and dramatic super hero action. It's entertaining...Thats all you need to know.
  65. irky
    Jul 19, 2005
    I simply don't see what the critics hate so much about this movie. I absolutely loved it! People are complaining about the dialog?? Please. Did you see the same Spider-Man as I did?? Talk about cheese. But in both cases, this is comic book dialong; it needs to be cheesy to a certain degree. FF was much more enjoyable than either Spider-Man movie. All the characters were perfect. I I simply don't see what the critics hate so much about this movie. I absolutely loved it! People are complaining about the dialog?? Please. Did you see the same Spider-Man as I did?? Talk about cheese. But in both cases, this is comic book dialong; it needs to be cheesy to a certain degree. FF was much more enjoyable than either Spider-Man movie. All the characters were perfect. I thought Ioan Gruffud did a great job, as did the others, with Michael Chiklis being the standout for sure. I thought Dr. Doom was perfect. Great movie. The most enjoyable flick I've seen at the movies this year by far. I didn't see any "fake" shots that stood out in my mind. Not near as bad as some shots in the LOTR trilogy. Can't wait for the sequel! Expand
  66. Sall
    Jul 21, 2005
    I thought this was the best movie of the summer (besides star wars of course).
  67. TylerD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    Oh come on, critics. You suck. This movie was great. The ending wasn't that good, but come on...the action was great. There could have been more fighting, though. I thought it was very enjoyable, nontheless.
  68. Nov 23, 2013
    Fantastic Four is a simple yet entertaining superhero flick. Of special note would be Chris Evans as the Human Torch and a suave, slippery Doctor Doom. Yes, it could have been better but it also could have been a lot worse. Solid stuff.
  69. Aug 6, 2015
    I enjoyed this movie. Its not bad at all, its a bit clumsy and cheesy, but! They got the characters right. I know this is probably a unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed it! Its not perfect at all, but its still watch worthy. I enjoyed the movie because it has a very good mix between all of those characters. Johnny, Susan, Ben, Reed, all their different personas mixed, its a very good way ofI enjoyed this movie. Its not bad at all, its a bit clumsy and cheesy, but! They got the characters right. I know this is probably a unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed it! Its not perfect at all, but its still watch worthy. I enjoyed the movie because it has a very good mix between all of those characters. Johnny, Susan, Ben, Reed, all their different personas mixed, its a very good way of showing it.

Now the movie IS very fast when it comes to action packed. But they needed a good way to start off them, and I think they did OKAY. It would be much better, but its differently not bad.
  70. Sep 6, 2015
    Tim Story's adaptation is not quite as good as Trank's, but was still thoroughly enjoyable. Michael Chiklis was easily the best thing about the film, his portrayal being enjoyable and believable. The rest of the cast sort of stand in his shadow, though Jessica Alba is just here for the looks as her acting is just abysmal. The special effects were mostly miss, but some were hits. DespiteTim Story's adaptation is not quite as good as Trank's, but was still thoroughly enjoyable. Michael Chiklis was easily the best thing about the film, his portrayal being enjoyable and believable. The rest of the cast sort of stand in his shadow, though Jessica Alba is just here for the looks as her acting is just abysmal. The special effects were mostly miss, but some were hits. Despite its cons, it does do an aspect much better than Trank's adaptation: the handling of Dr. Doom. Expand

1. This clumsy, cheesy, chintzy adaptation, with its F/X that look dated the moment you see them, is like something left over from the '60s.
  2. A comic-book movie unashamed of its roots, meaning it's unabashed about being silly, overwrought nonsense, which works to its benefit--so much so that you're almost rooting for it by the end.
    Directing seems an unduly elegant term for what Hollywood hack du jour Tim Story (Barbershop, Taxi) does here -- the action scenes are so choppily constructed that their excitement disappears faster than the Invisible Woman.