7.5

1. Jul 5, 2011
    Call it autobiographical or self-promotional, its a healthy and timely reminder of how the source of good health lies in lifestyle and nature as opposed to being solely in technology or pharmaceuticals.
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    It seems most 'critics' reviews are from that of the overweight couch potatoe crowd disturbed by this man's dramatic transformation of health. While some parts seem somewhat cliche, it does carry and important message that most Americans could and should adapt. Eating right is more important than ever considering our current obesity rate and food options before us. This documentary was the first of it's kind to get me up and make a huge change in my health. I recomend this film to anyone who is, or knows anyone overweight. Expand
  3. Jan 15, 2012
    I'm in the obese category myself, and suffer from sleep apnea because of it. This movie shows a dramatic increase in the well-being of two people in a couple months time. It attracts many because the weight loss was so drastic, I'd compare it to having gastric-bypass surgery, except, without mutilating the stomach.
    A few of the criticisms are true. One, the animation in the movie really
    is awful. The second one being he is promoting his website, I don't see that one as much. I've been on plenty of websites that want your money before they fork over anything and his is not one. I couldn't even tell you what they charge, as I never needed to go beyond the free recipes and simple juicing tips that are offered freely.
    All in all, it's a story that hasn't been done before. It's an approach I had never heard of. The results speak for themselves. My main criticism of the movie is the animations and the fact there are no follow ups on their website to how the other actor in the film is doing, and his advice for people in similar situations.
    Metacritic reviews were harsh on this one, but trust me it's only 95 minutes and offers a story on fasting which is basically never done.

1. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Mar 31, 2011
    With Cross jump-starting others on a liquid road to health, this glorified infomercial could saturate latenight TV after its April 1 bow.
  2. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Mar 31, 2011
    For all its aesthetic deficiencies and self-promotional aspects, it at least provides a valuable and important message.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Mar 31, 2011
    Fat, Sick may be no great shakes as a movie, but as an ad for Mr. Cross's wellness program its now-healthy heart is in the right place.