4.5

1. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination 2" ain't horror. It's comedy.
  2. May 17, 2015
    Final Destination was brilliant and always will be. The first movie was never meant to be made into a series.
    This sequel is beyond lame and corny. All the effects are overdone and intended to shock you but they make you cringe and are overly gory. The movie provides more laughs than scares and in horror movies that's usually not the intention.
  3. Sep 5, 2011
    Some of you heard my skateboard joke that I was trying to describe about the first installment of this series. Well, this time, I'm not gonna use that joke in this one. I was really waiting for a sequel that would wipe out the original. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't the worst, but it was just predictable. Then, at last, Final Destination 2 has been an improvement, but that's not sayingSome of you heard my skateboard joke that I was trying to describe about the first installment of this series. Well, this time, I'm not gonna use that joke in this one. I was really waiting for a sequel that would wipe out the original. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't the worst, but it was just predictable. Then, at last, Final Destination 2 has been an improvement, but that's not saying much.

Don't like: The predictable story, the pointless characters, the forgettable soundtrack and the lame bickering and arguing used from the first movie.

Do like: The premise, the acting, the realistic death scenes and the clever writing.

So, to sum it, not good, not bad, mediocre installment, but way better than the first. That's it.

5.0 out of 10
  4. May 13, 2011
    This movie was not any where near as good as i thought it would be-it was a horrible disappointment to me and to all final destination films. After the original, and how awesome that was, then they go and make this piece of **** I gave it a 5 because it does not deserve anything lower
  5. Nov 18, 2010
    I found the movie quite entertaining. I would give it a 10 just for the crash scene in the beginning of the movie, which must be THE best crash scene ever done, seriously. I guess it would have been better not to have seen the first one, because this one is pretty much a copy, but still, it is entertaining. Which serves the purpose. It even contains several memorable scenes - how manyI found the movie quite entertaining. I would give it a 10 just for the crash scene in the beginning of the movie, which must be THE best crash scene ever done, seriously. I guess it would have been better not to have seen the first one, because this one is pretty much a copy, but still, it is entertaining. Which serves the purpose. It even contains several memorable scenes - how many movies can you name that contain scenes where people say "Yes I remember that" ? So, it was good value for the money. Collapse
  6. Sep 2, 2014
    50th review!

I thought this movie was superior to its predecessor in almost every way. It had better acting, cooler death sequences, and a more intriguing plot. It's a bit contrived in some of its plot elements, and the bickering between characters from the first movie is a problem here as well. If you're a fan of the first film, you will enjoy this film even more.
  7. CarsonB.
    Mar 1, 2006
    The movie wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The movie wastoo quick and the death scenes happened back to back and some was pointless. The dialouge was bad and the acting was too good. The movie just could have been better.
  8. BlancoA.
    Feb 6, 2003
    Pretty scary
  9. Jessica
    Jul 26, 2003
    This movie so gets a 10 cuz it was really gr8 and my favorite part is James Kirk. . he is just sooooo hot but i hated that he had to die. . i love him!
  10. Donald
    Aug 7, 2003
    This movie was awsome. I love all the special effects and how they killed off the suriviors. And the car pile effects was awsome. Nothing better then a hugh car pile up in a movie. My favorite part of the whole movie is where Kat dies off. It is just so funny.
  11. KennethF.
    Sep 5, 2003
    This is my favorite movie EVER! I love the pile-up beginning thing. What really got me is all the amazing camera angles. I wonder why no other movie has tried those... Its also funny. And when the ladder goes through the guys eyes, its made for all the twitchers who try to look away. Ha! Only the ending was dumb.
  12. ScarFace
    Apr 1, 2003
    It is a very good movie and it is worth watching,,, they way they die is much better than the first one but the story line is better in the first one.
  13. DaveC.
    Aug 21, 2004
    To earnest to really be a comedy horror, this nothing but ridiculous schlock posing as a supernatural thriller. Forget how difficult to take seriously "death's design" was in the first film, this is z-grade b*llocks of the highest order.
  14. JoshR.
    Feb 9, 2003
    Seriously, this movie is horrible. The plot is exactly the same as the first and the only difference is that they made the deaths more nasty than the original. It actually manages to become funny when these people die. Please don't waste your money.
    Jun 2, 2003
    This movie is bad, but it's also mighty tasteless. Unless you enjoy Faces Of Death, or those drunk driving accident films they show in school, you probably won't get much of a kick out of this movie. I was actually bothered by the pointless ways the sad characters all died. It's much worse than if they had been chopped up by a masked monster because deaths like the ones in This movie is bad, but it's also mighty tasteless. Unless you enjoy Faces Of Death, or those drunk driving accident films they show in school, you probably won't get much of a kick out of this movie. I was actually bothered by the pointless ways the sad characters all died. It's much worse than if they had been chopped up by a masked monster because deaths like the ones in Final Destination 2 actually happen to people in real life. The audience might as well be watching a snuff film. Of course, if you get off on this type of realistic sadism then you might enjoy it. I just keep getting flashbacks to the film they showed us in sixth grade of the little girl who got bent into pieces when she decided to play on a stopped train. Expand
    Jun 2, 2003
  17. ReaR.
    Sep 12, 2003
    The movie was Great...didnt get to see all of the 1st one. but i am sure it was as good as this one. the ways they died were crazy scary. and i closed my eyes A LOT. i just wasnt sure what was going to happen next. like how the people would die. but what scared me the most was the dude who also played in candyman, a movie i still have night mares about. with him in the movie. it wasThe movie was Great...didnt get to see all of the 1st one. but i am sure it was as good as this one. the ways they died were crazy scary. and i closed my eyes A LOT. i just wasnt sure what was going to happen next. like how the people would die. but what scared me the most was the dude who also played in candyman, a movie i still have night mares about. with him in the movie. it was good..big ups..I liked it a lot.and i watch it all the time..yea its that good. Expand
  18. MichaelM.
    Oct 23, 2004
    In my opinion, Final Destination 2 is better than the first one. One thing is for sure = this one has 10 times more gore and violence than the first one. I thought the film had more creative accidental deaths than the first (someone gets impaled through the eye by a fire escape ladder; a kid has a glass window fall on him and crush him to death; the kid's mother gets her head stuck In my opinion, Final Destination 2 is better than the first one. One thing is for sure = this one has 10 times more gore and violence than the first one. I thought the film had more creative accidental deaths than the first (someone gets impaled through the eye by a fire escape ladder; a kid has a glass window fall on him and crush him to death; the kid's mother gets her head stuck in an elevator at it comes off; two people die in an explosion caused by oxygen tanks; some poor country boy gets blown to bits by a grill accident (hysterical!!!); a comic relief character stoner get sliced and diced into three chunks by a barb wire fence that went flying through the air after a major explosion; and a woman gets impaled through the back of the skull by a broken pipe after her airbag goes off!). It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I wouldn't say it's the best movie ever made or the worst movie ever made. It is kind of in between. If you are a horror movie fan or like blood and guts, see this movie! (1/31/03) Expand
  19. StanM.
    Mar 11, 2004
    One of my all-time-favorite movies.
  20. SaerA.
    Jun 18, 2004
    I did really enjoy Final Destination 2, it does have more deaths and action than the first, but this movie is just like the original. It repeats itself. But although I like this one.
  21. FrederickS.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Quite possibly the worst movie I will ever see in my lifetime. So stupid I don't know weather to cringe or laugh.
  22. AndyE.
    Nov 30, 2006
    Now, I've only seen death scenes on YouTube, but I thought the deaths were at first quite disturbing and haunting. Then I looked at them again and laughed my pants off at each one! Of course, they all seem unlikely, so that added to the humor. There are of course some overexaggerated special effects though, such as one of the cars exploding in a cloud of flame and debris when it only Now, I've only seen death scenes on YouTube, but I thought the deaths were at first quite disturbing and haunting. Then I looked at them again and laughed my pants off at each one! Of course, they all seem unlikely, so that added to the humor. There are of course some overexaggerated special effects though, such as one of the cars exploding in a cloud of flame and debris when it only hit a fallen log head-on. But however, an entertaining movie from the looks of it, and a good horror film. I'd probably give Final Destination 2 a solid B. Expand
  23. WesleyE.
    Feb 9, 2006
    It's not as good as it's predecessor, but Final Destination 2 actually manages to etch in some comedy along with the grim wit of the first film. It also manages to include enough blood and gore to fill the Nile river. The deaths are even more inventive and chilling, and the final death is unexpected and funny as hell. I was packed full of evil giggling after seeing this one. It's not as good as it's predecessor, but Final Destination 2 actually manages to etch in some comedy along with the grim wit of the first film. It also manages to include enough blood and gore to fill the Nile river. The deaths are even more inventive and chilling, and the final death is unexpected and funny as hell. I was packed full of evil giggling after seeing this one. After a while, I realized that in every horror movie there exists one character so hated and despised by the audience that they wish for that character to die in the most morally reprehensible way possible. Final Destination (and it's sequel) is built on this very concept, giving viewers an entire cast of such individuals and systematically kills them with merciless brutality. Brilliant. Expand
  24. ChristopherH.
    Feb 11, 2003
    I really enjoyed the first one and this was just as fun to watch. However i think it sucks that they killed off ....
  25. RyanM.
    Feb 16, 2003
    Laugh at it--that's why it's there in the first place.
  26. CristL.
    Mar 13, 2003
    Terrific is better than the first one.
  27. TomS.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Sequels are usually bad, and this is the case for Final Destination 2. But it does not stop it from being an enjoyable movie. Okay there is no plot or character development. But who cares, no one goes to see a scary movie for it to be a masterpeice. If you want to see a film that has no point except to find the coolest way to kill people, then make this your final destination.
  28. DannyG.
    Jul 21, 2003
    This movie is really good and bad in parts of the movie. The Good: The beginning nothing better then the beginning of this movie; i have never seen a more realistict crash ever, the death in 1 word ''DAMN!'' The Bad: the plot and the length its too damn short.
  29. Ishii
    Jul 23, 2003
    The subtle, and the not too subtle irony is great. A lot of thought was put into the "mouse trap" mechanism of how these guys get killed and the foreshadowing of the freak accidents. This sequel is better than the original.
  30. JessS.
    Aug 21, 2003
    THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!! my god james kirk is soo incredibly hott...best movie ive ever seen:) and james kirk makes the whole movie TOTALLY worth watching..loved it...love him:D lol
  31. BobM.
    Aug 22, 2003
    Worth checking out, but after watching the original the death scenes seem less inventive, and the dialouge between chacraters seems too campy. Entertainment value is good, but not worth watching if your looking for a good thriller/suspense style movie.
  32. DonnaR.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Final Destination 2 was a very affective horror film that got you to really identify with and care about the characters. Yes, some of the deaths were a little absurd but its a movie and should not be taken as seriosly as some people have taken these films.
  33. MariusJ.
    Sep 24, 2007
    "This risible thriller is merely a sadistic series of misread premonitions and vile murders. " Thats exactly what makes it fun.
  34. Feb 27, 2012
    Well, if you're looking for exciting death scenes, 'Final Destination 2' is the place to come. In all honesty, much better than the original. Despite plot errors, a highly enjoyable film. Loved it...
  35. Jul 20, 2011
    The film doesn't need a script, if only because its language is not in talk but in the scenes of disaster, in which case here the tension is what gives the movie! Let's say that the film is quite strong enough, that besides the very impressive visual effects, you get a bit shocked in due to some scenes could not be forgotten for a long time... Like when you're going out of the car andThe film doesn't need a script, if only because its language is not in talk but in the scenes of disaster, in which case here the tension is what gives the movie! Let's say that the film is quite strong enough, that besides the very impressive visual effects, you get a bit shocked in due to some scenes could not be forgotten for a long time... Like when you're going out of the car and you're in a traffic jam... already run through in a panic after seeing this movie... heheh Being a horror movie, many people fail to understand that movies like these should not be taken seriously, because it is only as great fun for fans of the genre. I read several comments on many websites about this film, not everyone liked, which is common because some found appealing and extremely bad taste, in fact, for a horror movie, what do you expect? Just don't agree to compare this movie with others like "The Ring," "The Others", which are other types of horror films which deal with other issues other proposals... Premonition is a teen horror movie (like "Scream," "Urban Legend "...) of humor, not psychological horror, for it has nothing to compare them. Director David R. Ellis did very well, because we can not always attend to a sequence as good as its predecessor. Expand
  36. Mar 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's not scary in any way. It's almost funny how the ways the characters die (a barbed wire fence launched at a guy and he get's sliced into pieces? REALLY?) In fact, it's basically the same as the first film. Expand
  37. Aug 10, 2011
    A slight step up from the original. Well acted and a more developed plot helps redeem the status of the Final Destination franchise. The thing that makes this film stand out more then the original is that it has a clear beginning, middle and end. More mystery better deaths and higher production value. It's a pretty good cliche horror film.
  38. Oct 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final Destination 2 it's not as good as the first one but it is still pretty good i mean Ali Larter return as claire and this movie has probably the best accident in the whole series. But it's not bad but i still recommend the first one Expand
  39. Nov 7, 2011
    I don't like this one. This must be my least favorite Final Destination movies out of the 5. It was rather boring. Maybe I just don't like this director's style very much.
  40. Aug 15, 2012
    One of the best of the franchise, with a faster pace than the first, and also with more tension, the deaths become more creative and intelligent, the acting is convincing and the plot is good.
  41. Apr 7, 2012
    The movie is sick and funny and everthing in between. For some reason, watching people die horrible deaths in somewhat enjoyable. Only wish the script and acting could have been as good as the deaths.
  42. Nov 3, 2013
    "Final Destination 2", the sequel to the the decent original, doesn't pretend to be anything other than a complete repeat of the first film. The plot is even more ridiculous than the first, really a bad waste of time.
  43. Aug 27, 2012
    This movie totally sucks, anyone that likes this knows nothing of comedy nor horror. The horror movies of the 70\\\'s were the best, & never will that be done again. IE: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 1st Halloween, 1st Jason, etc.. Not even one single hot chick, I wanted to see the cop DIE!
  44. Feb 11, 2013
    While not as good as the first this is still a decent sequel that probably just tries to do a little too much when it comes to twists and trying to work with the original. That aside, the opening scene is, of course, impressive, and the deaths to follow are equally as good. Only Clear returns from the original (oh and that funeral guy) but the newbies are decent. It's much cornier also butWhile not as good as the first this is still a decent sequel that probably just tries to do a little too much when it comes to twists and trying to work with the original. That aside, the opening scene is, of course, impressive, and the deaths to follow are equally as good. Only Clear returns from the original (oh and that funeral guy) but the newbies are decent. It's much cornier also but enough comparing, as a stand-alone film it's entertaining and will impress the right audiences. Expand
  45. Mar 19, 2013
    First of all, the opening scene was awesome but that doesn't mean the movie is awesome. The three flaws were that some of the characters were really cliched and at times it was utterly predictable and sometimes even boring. The worst Final Destination of them all.
  46. Jan 8, 2015
    Levemente Melhor e superior ao primeiro A.J Cook faz um excelente trabalho.
    Contém cenas fodas como a do acidente com o caminhão de toras de árvores,a morte na cozinha e Etc.
    Melhor que o primeiro
  47. Dec 23, 2013
    I really enjoy Final Destination, the original, and this was an excellent sequel, as good as the original. The deaths in my opinion. Re much better though, very creative and graphic. This is a very fun movie, much like the first, and pages the way for more sequels, this is another example of Final Destination at its prime. 7/10
  48. Mar 1, 2014
    A good instalment to the franchise. Not the best actors but still a great gory horrifying movie that will leave you wondering if you will still be safe in your own home
  49. Nov 1, 2014
    This is probably the worst movie in the franchise.It was boring and the acting was not really good.The visuals from the deaths are good but the result is boring.The movie does not deliver what we were expecting.
  50. Apr 17, 2015
    for me is the best movie of them all. The cause's of death are amazing and the running order too. Very impressive........................................

Despite some imaginative fatalities, is less a movie than a slick video game.
    The movie mandates complete gullibility and vacuous attention in order to work on any level.
  3. The horror sequel is less philosophical than the original, but it's just as intelligent.