7.1

1. Mar 1, 2014
    A fun movie with great plot that shows us how every day things could kill us. I remember the first time I watched this I was so fascinated with the way the characters died.
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    Final Destination, one of the most creative horror or thriller movies out there. This was the beginning of a franchise that if infamous for having some of the craziest deaths in cinema, and some f the most cliche characters and bad acting, but that's not really a bother. This movie is a load of fun, and has some great deaths and funny scenes. Check it out if you haven't seen it. 7/10
  3. Nov 3, 2013
    To be honest, "Final Destination" is a decent horror film. It's quite smart and keeps the tension going and overall resembles a good original shocker. The plot is very ridiculous and silly though.
  4. Jul 15, 2013
    Muy buena pelicula de suspenso, con escenas que te deslumbran y te sorprenden, nunca habia visto una pelicula de suspenso que lleve de tema el destino, la verdad, muy buena pelicula, la recomiendo.
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    I really think this movie has a great story to start with. But what James Wong made out of this story is just sad. And with sad I mean sad in a way of “How could you transform such a nice story in a movie as bad as this?”. It's not that type of movie where everything is bad, I have to say that the score created fine suspense, the acting was really not as bad as I expected, and there were some good shots in. Yet, the screenplay. HOW BAD WAS THIS SCREENPLAY? I'm honestly surprised that it didn't receive credit at the Golden Raspberry Awards. I mean, the ending of this movie was so illogical and stupid. I wasn't expecting a good screenplay, but this was just too much for me. And, oh, the dialogue. There were dialogue parts in this movie that created a new unit of stupidity. This movie is actually the best example if you want to prove that the screenplay is the most important part of the movie because with an at least okay screenplay this film would've been a lot better, but it's just totally like this. Being entertained by people getting killed is sick in any case but if you are entertained by a movie as bad as this, you seriously need some help. Expand
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    The concept is extremely original and kind of creepy. The character development is also good and you really do care about almost everyone in this movie. The only flaw was that for large amounts of time nothing big happened so you sort of get bored at first. But once it gets going it's pretty entertaining.
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    This is where the infamous series started that has now spawned a further four sequels! Now it's obvious that this is a very corny series so as long as you don't take it too seriously then you're bound to enjoy these films :) This is probably the best regarding the acting and characters, but the corniest regarding 'death' trying to kill the kids. Overall a nice new twist on the somewhat predictable genre, and the beginning of a great series of twisted and gory Horror films! Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2012
    Teen horror-thrillers can be great, but when they're so humorless to begin with, and then so ultimately lifeless, they don't work. Final Destination takes itself way too seriously, especially considering the plausibility levels of its premise.
  9. Aug 14, 2012
    The film that started it all, in my opinion it looks like a rough version of the second and third films in the franchise. The acting is good and the plot too. But if you've never watched any film of the saga, see this first, otherwise you might end up disappointed with the obviousness of the deaths.
  10. May 31, 2012
    It's ok, it has an above average plot and above average acting for this kind of movie, however with all the better movies in this genre it only comes across as slightly above average.
  11. Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty much an average film really, but with a good concept and some really clever ideas. Enjoyable to say the least, but not sure how many times I could watch it before boredom sets in.
  12. Oct 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final destination is a very good movie i highly recommend it, and Tony Todd in one scene which is my favourite scene in the whole movie is freaking good he should have been in the movie with more scenes but still a really good movie. Expand
  13. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination", a movie directed by James Wan, is your average, violent teenage "Saw" movie. Don't expect something like "Scream" or "Halloween".
  14. Sep 5, 2011
    Horror movies from the 80s were very popular these days, but when more horror movies appear except when they're not good, this is the only horror franchise that I'm starting to hate, starting with this one. Do you know what it's like? It's like trying to ride a skateboard, but when every once in a while you get some scraps on your hands or knees, you'd rather ditch skateboarding and go do something else and that's this movie.

Pros: Devon's Sawa's performance was a lot of fun, the death scenes were very realistic, and the premise was very interesting.

Cons: The story was predictable, the characters aren't as interesting as toast, the music score was completely forgettable, the comedy was unfunny, and the pacing was so boring even the director himself couldn't possibly make this enjoyable.

If any of you really like the series, then go ahead and watch this. Otherwise, stick to Halloween, Friday The 13th, or A Nightmare on Elm Street. Heck, there are a lot of good horror movies out there, for crying out loud!

15. Aug 10, 2011
    The original in the series offers up a great concept but is lost among a sloppy story line as well as horrible acting. However, the film did open up doors for it's later and semi greater sequels. It might be boring at times but with less gore and more mystery it does lay out a great foundation.
  16. Jan 9, 2011
    THESE CRITICS ARE STUPID! Now..with that said, this movie has a good plot, awesome death scenes. The cast plays well together and play the right parts. Has a fair amount of "holy cow" parts.
  17. Aug 16, 2010
    A very teen movie! Just look the effects the deaths, it's just in the right and balanced ways... I was really surprised on this movie, I can't believe that a movie like this will airs...

Crude and witless.
  2. Fitfully thrilling.
    Serviceable enough, if you come to it with sufficiently modest expectations.