8.3

1. Jun 24, 2011
    "Food, Inc." certainly manages in its most important goal - to get people thinking. I for one, have definitely been deeply impacted by the film's message and it is quite nice to have a straight-out message presented in a documentary. We're in an age where everyone presents things in this medium, but either tries to manipulate its audience or dumb things down for them. "Food, Inc." has"Food, Inc." certainly manages in its most important goal - to get people thinking. I for one, have definitely been deeply impacted by the film's message and it is quite nice to have a straight-out message presented in a documentary. We're in an age where everyone presents things in this medium, but either tries to manipulate its audience or dumb things down for them. "Food, Inc." has struck a perfect balance between having a point and argument to itself, but also presenting the facts, ideas, and concepts behind it in a way that people can understand but that are not stripped down to their basics so they lose on weight (no pun intended here). Definitely highly recommended viewing - will most surely change the way you look at your food, just as the trailer promised. Expand
  2. Aug 14, 2010
    If I could have anyone watch one movie, this would be it. There is nothing in the world actually more important than food, and this documentary shows all the evils of big corporations, Monsanto, high fructose corn syrup, and the modern Western diet. In the wake of these evils, we have seen obesity, diabetes, and cancer skyrocket.

If you view this movie with an actual open mind, you will

If you view this movie with an actual open mind, you will never shop the same again.
  3. Mar 25, 2012
    Food, Inc. provides an atmosphere of horror because of simply a no-holds-barred reporting style that refuses to give out to corporate demands or audience fright, but it does manage to provide a happy ending.
  4. Jwv
    Jan 28, 2014
    Food, Inc. starts off strong with a curious intro that raises some questions some of us may not have asked themselves before, questions relevant even if we are not customers in America. The rest of the movie also focuses on the particular American food-production ecosystem but is applicable just about anywhere else I believe.

Special props to the few intimates who stand up, and have the

Special props to the few intimates who stand up, and have the courage to voice their concerns, even in the face of financial destruction.

Food, Inc. is a wake-up call that ideally also wants viewers to react, because it gives a strong message that the companies are not the only ones culpable. The real problem of the documentary is how to move the customer from awareness to action, and in my opinion it did a very good job at this. The documentary switches between revealing and criticizing the corrupted system, and some inspirational stories of people who stood up and acted. In the end, I was certainly convinced of the impact of our daily decisions. It's good to see the makers correctly identified the root of the problem and take pains to influence it, instead of just focusing on the sensation that revealing malpractice brings.

"So every scope by the immoderate use / Turns to restraint. Our natures do pursue, / Like rats that ravin down their proper bane, / A thirsty evil; and when we drink we die."

1. The sheer scale of the movie is mind-blowing--it touches on every aspect of modern life. It's the documentary equivalent of "The Matrix": It shows us how we're living in a simulacrum, fed by machines run by larger machines with names like Monsanto, Perdue, Tyson, and the handful of other corporations that make everything.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    A civilized horror movie for the socially conscious, the nutritionally curious and the hungry.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Sietsema