7.5

1. BillT
    Jun 22, 2008
    Hard for me to believe anyone thought this was a good movie. The dialogue itself was dull and badly written. How many "totallys" and "awesomes" can people listen to without going nuts? And what was with the nudity? Oh, how risque! Come on--is THIS the best a supposedly great comedy filmmaker can do these days?
  2. SeanF.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Pretty crappy movie. no story. poor jokes. drivel. Why are comedies not funny any more?
  3. SlyM.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This movie is terrible for any man who is seeking to learn how to be attractive to women. The main lead's tactics are so bad that they're uncomfortable to watch. Telling strangers you want to have sex with them will lead you to jail, not the bedroom.
  4. Walter
    Apr 22, 2008
    Very surprised at the score up there. This was very subpar as a comedy. I walked out on it, not because it was that dreadful, but rather because my expectations were set so high and I was gravely disappointed. This story is about as predictable as one can imagine. Beyond that, the Judd Apatow gang makes scoring incredibly beautiful women seem like anything a pasty, pale chubster can do Very surprised at the score up there. This was very subpar as a comedy. I walked out on it, not because it was that dreadful, but rather because my expectations were set so high and I was gravely disappointed. This story is about as predictable as one can imagine. Beyond that, the Judd Apatow gang makes scoring incredibly beautiful women seem like anything a pasty, pale chubster can do with ease. So why is this character so tortured to lose his hot girlfriend? He is shown in bed with a series of stunning women right after his breakup. I also found the repetition of cut shots of the main character weeping...on the balcony, on the floor, on his couch, as he slaughters a pig, etc. as being way too overused as a fallback joke when there was too much dead story-telling. Not only does our protagonist end up with an equally stunning new mate, he does so with ease and without missing a beat....so what is the title about again? Expand
  5. ShawnM
    Apr 22, 2008
    Kind of boring. Not funny enough for the theater. Rent it. Only gave 4 because his new girl is SO SEXY.
  6. patB.
    Apr 23, 2008
    I can't believe the good reviews this movie gets. There were people walking out of the theater when I saw it! It's slow, and at one point I said to my wife "I can't believe we spent $9 to see this thing". It's overrated and a waste of an evening.
  7. JayB
    Apr 23, 2008
    Whay a loser. Best part was the Hawaiian resort. The simulated sex scenes were ludicrous - if they want to dish up sleaze, make it good sleaze. Acting was weak. Sooo slow in most spots, interjected with brief humor. What a yawn!
  8. ArnoldP.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Viewing this pix in my local theatre amongst a throng of laughing out loud audience I realized how much of an movie "elitist" I was. Sophomoric predictable TV sitcom humour with ludicrous sex scenes were not funny. There was a story there but was obliterated by "shtick".
  9. LeilaL
    Apr 27, 2008
    This movie has no pacing! I was so bored. I'm starting to think the Apatow clan doesn't have another 40-Year-Old Virgin in it. All these other movies pale in comparison. This was truly a drag.
  10. TomB.
    May 5, 2008
    One of the worst movies that my wife and I have seen. Last thing that I want to see in a movie is another man's organ....and I don't see how it added anything to the content. Then there was the fake crying, the unintelligble accent of the British singer.The movie seemed poorly written and dependent upon nudity and sexual acts for " entertainment".
    Jun 5, 2008
    Absolute crap...the fact that these idiots now have control of the Muppets is tragic.
  12. WimbletP.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Would have been a great movie were it not for the guy from 30 Rock making a cameo. When are people going to realize he's playing the same character in every role. Talladega Nights, Conan skits, it's always the same evangelical redneck.
  13. DaveW.
    Oct 5, 2008
    It has some laughs, but this has to be the most overrated movie of the year. None of the characters are worth caring about, so the comedy gets boring fast. Going by the hype, my expectations may have been unreasonably high, so this pedestrian effort turned out to be a huge disappointment.
  14. Droog
    Jan 12, 2009
    A romantic comedy that is neither romantic nor comedic. (In other words, it sucks.)
  15. Estman
    Mar 15, 2009
    Insanely LAME and worse NOT FUNNY. Another dud from the over-hyped, not funny Apatow group. Stop telling me this crap is great. Rolling Stone, you must be kidding with that review? What are people looking at? Have you ever seen an actual funny movie?
  16. BillyT
    Jun 9, 2009
    Terrible. If this is what America thinks is funny, there is no hope. I waited for this movie to get funny and it FAILED. I laugh more in church.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Solid rom com finds another Judd Apatow acolyte moving into the spotlight.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Segel makes an engaging impression throughout Forgetting Sarah Marshall, gamely making himself the butt of many jokes that involve Peter's non-macho proclivities.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    If Forgetting Sarah Marshall doesn't reach the inspired heights of "Knocked Up" or "Superbad," it runs a very respectable second.