7.5

1. Jun 30, 2015
    Now that's comedy. It's really a pretty good movie. I laughed a lot .
  2. Feb 15, 2015
    This is a surprisingly hilarious movie.The acting is really good except Russell Brand.The story is not so original but it is an effective romantic/comedy flick.
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    A funny movie that isn't too ridiculous or too serious. It has an enjoyable cast that work well together on screen. Jason Segal showcases his talents in writing the screenplay.
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    Anyone that's ever been heartbroken over a woman should watch this. It's such a great film with so many lovable characters and it'll leave you with a warm feeling inside. Loads of brilliant scenes and unforgettable quotes. All set on beautiful Hawaii as well, which makes the film seem even brighter and adds to the feel good factor. Not usually a fan of Russell Brand but his character inAnyone that's ever been heartbroken over a woman should watch this. It's such a great film with so many lovable characters and it'll leave you with a warm feeling inside. Loads of brilliant scenes and unforgettable quotes. All set on beautiful Hawaii as well, which makes the film seem even brighter and adds to the feel good factor. Not usually a fan of Russell Brand but his character in this is spot on and has some brilliant lines. A film for Apatow fans too, with the likes of Jonah Hill popping up. Loved every second of it. Expand
  5. Aug 18, 2013
    I honestly didn't expect to enjoy Forgetting Sarah Marshall as much as I did. Now don't get me wrong, I expected it to be hilarious, and it was, but I did not expect it to actually be a quality movie. Jason Segel proves that he's more than just a funny sidekick and the supporting cast of Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Russell Brand, in addition to the smaller roles performed by Johan Hill,I honestly didn't expect to enjoy Forgetting Sarah Marshall as much as I did. Now don't get me wrong, I expected it to be hilarious, and it was, but I did not expect it to actually be a quality movie. Jason Segel proves that he's more than just a funny sidekick and the supporting cast of Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Russell Brand, in addition to the smaller roles performed by Johan Hill, Paul Rudd, Jack McBrayer, and more, made the line-up fantastic. Mila is absolutely breathtaking and this film really helped launch her career by showing that she can tap into that humor that transends "chick-flick rom-coms". The plot was engaging, though not entirely realistic, but being a comedy movie, realism isn't always the biggest requirement. Overall, the crudeness isn't for everyone and it's more of a guy's film but I think most people would enjoy it. Expand
  6. May 15, 2013
    This is quite a funny movie and shows that Jason Segel is both a funny actor and writer. It's the typical love story gone wrong as Peter breaks up with Sarah and despite trying to avoid her, she seems to find him. The film has great actors playing great characters, and a lot of funny moments. It's not up there as one of the best comedy films out there, but certainly one I enjoyed watchingThis is quite a funny movie and shows that Jason Segel is both a funny actor and writer. It's the typical love story gone wrong as Peter breaks up with Sarah and despite trying to avoid her, she seems to find him. The film has great actors playing great characters, and a lot of funny moments. It's not up there as one of the best comedy films out there, but certainly one I enjoyed watching and there is enough here for any audiences to enjoy, just as long as they aren't too young Expand
  7. Feb 10, 2013
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a funny movie that has some stellar performances from the entire cast. The good thing is that it doesn't always go down thr typical comedy road of stupidity.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    Possessing as many hilariously crude jokes as it possesses surprisingly sensible human commentary, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is a comedy that's not afraid to push the limits of what a comedy should only be.
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    It is an absolutely perfect romantic comedy with a great script and some stellar comedic acting.
  10. Aug 29, 2012
    10 / 10 , and that's just Mila Kunis , the film is pretty good aswell ....................................................................
  11. Jun 30, 2011
    ABSOLUTELY amazing! So different from the other romantic comedies! It's very funny and the characters are really great! Mila Kunis is stunning as always! You'd better watch it, it's worth your time!
  12. May 22, 2011
    When musician Peter Bretter breaks up with his long time actress girlfriend Sarah Marshall he decides to take a rewarding trip to Hawaii to let loose and start over. When Peter learns that Sarah and her new boyfriend Aldous Snow are staying in Hawaii (at the same resort he is) things begin to get awkward for Peter and Sarah, but with the help of Rachel the hotel receptionist and differentWhen musician Peter Bretter breaks up with his long time actress girlfriend Sarah Marshall he decides to take a rewarding trip to Hawaii to let loose and start over. When Peter learns that Sarah and her new boyfriend Aldous Snow are staying in Hawaii (at the same resort he is) things begin to get awkward for Peter and Sarah, but with the help of Rachel the hotel receptionist and different island locals Peter may be able to get over his break up with Sarah before the end of the trip.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall has the Apatow Productions tag on it, and it looks and feels very similar to a lot of other Judd Apatow produced films. The storyline is a well established; it is a break centered story about two characters that were no longer meant to be together. Forgetting Sarah Marshall as a film does a good job of telling its stories, with a few great laughable scenes as well as some very emotional moments between Peter and Sarah

Written by How I Met Your Mother star Jason Segel, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a realistic spin on the romantic comedy genre. In most romantic comedies the couple is breaking up but it is strictly a result of one of the parties involved. With this film it is much more than that, we see during one of the many tense scenes between Peter and Sarah that they both had faults and there was stuff going on in their relationship that they both were unhappy with. It made the film feel that much more real and engaging simply because you realize that despite the fact you want to see Peter rebound and figure his life out, he is not perfect and could have tried a little harder at times. Jason Segel who both wrote and starred in the film, proves that he is more than just a great comedic actor, he is also an off the wall comedic writer. He proves that you can get rid of some of the old adages of a certain genre while keeping the core foundations of a good film to fit into said genre. Segel makes the dramatics of the break up in what is classified still as a romantic comedy. Segel also proves to have great chemistry with his cast mates, most notably, Mila Kunis. At times it may be a stretch to believe a romance can fully blossom over a week or so, but in this case it seemed legit. At first it was different between the two, she was the girl who worked at the hotel and did not want to see him sad or weeping anymore and so she hung out with him offered him companionship. The relationship between Peter and Rachel on screen is one that makes sense, despite the fact you know that the relationship may end up going a little faster than most. It is easy to believe in Jason Segel and Mila Kunis falling for each other on screen because it comes off as natural and charismatic between the two of them. None of their scenes seem forced or unbelievable, so kudos to both of them to making what has become a cliché of the rom com genre not so tedious and apocryphal.

Like most other comedies, Forgetting Sarah Marshall has that set of supporting characters that are far more memorable than any of the leads. Russell Brand is whacky and off the wall; his character of Aldous Snow is definitely memorable. Brand plays the self indulgent rock star perfectly; Snow is a man who tries to give people life advice when he really does not have a handle on his own life. Brand is good in the role, because he has that rock star image himself. Paul Rudd does a good job as Chuck the surfer dude, he has a very small part, but there are a few scenes involving him that are funny. However it was Jonah Hill as the awkward restaurant waiter that got a few good laughs. His awkward attempts to be recognized by some one of Aldous Snowâ
  13. Mar 9, 2011
    This won my "Best Movie of 2009." When it comes to funny movies, here is what I LOVE: incredibly smart humor about the stupid, mundane & ridiculous. I am baffled that only 75% of users like this movie.
  14. Mar 9, 2011
    Great, funny movie. If you dislike laughter, you can skip this one. If you are offended by Jason Segel's flaccid penis, there's a scene you might want to skip.
  15. Mar 7, 2011
    The more accessible, easier on the eye, subtle, naked, paler, love-handled cousin to Knocked Up and the like. Jason Segel is a very funny man indeed, who takes us on a journey of one man's pain, through the happy tissues and Tommy Bahama shirts to an uplifting Dracula inspired ending.
  16. Feb 22, 2011
    Really funny movie. Some stuff was kinda bizarre which just adds to the humor. I thought Segel did a terrific job and he had some very embarrassing parts!

Definitely worth a rental.
  17. Aug 23, 2010
    Man gets dumped by his TV star girlfriend, goes to Hawaii to get over her, she's also there with her new boyfriend.
    Good cast (who looked like they enjoyed making this), some very funny lines & scenes & quite heartbreaking in parts at the same time. The bit with the Muppet Show theme had me laughing after the film.
    Very much in the mould of Judd Apatow's other work which is good for me as
    Very much in the mould of Judd Apatow's other work which is good for me as I am a fan. Not sure how many times he can get away with it though.
    Oh & Mila Kunis is bloody gorgeous!
  18. CrazyG
    Oct 5, 2009
    Hilarious, witty, creative, and innovative to the romantic comedy genre. You gotta have a certain kind of personality to watch it, and if you got it, you'll love it. Must see.
  19. RichieF.
    Jul 5, 2009
    Personally, this is one of the funniest and down-to-Earth movies in a while! Instantly one of my favorites! It is well acted and perfectly timed, comedy-wise, while being fun and different and actually really great! I can't understand why some people don't like it... I guess it's their loss that they can't spot out the perfectly placed humor. In conclusion, it's a Personally, this is one of the funniest and down-to-Earth movies in a while! Instantly one of my favorites! It is well acted and perfectly timed, comedy-wise, while being fun and different and actually really great! I can't understand why some people don't like it... I guess it's their loss that they can't spot out the perfectly placed humor. In conclusion, it's a great, funny film! Expand
  20. SabrinaH
    May 3, 2009
    Lots of really funny moments and quirky characters- Brand in particular-make this a worthwhile movie to rent. The CSI parodies are a scream!
  21. DanC
    Jan 28, 2009
    This is a light comedy, in the best sense of the word: fun, entertaining, and consistently funny, at times very, very funny. I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was clever. Mila Kunis is lustrous and perfectly cast. If you expect something greater, it's easy to cast stones at the film, but why would you expect more from a comedy? Unlucky some, this one is actually funny, and really enjoyable.
  22. KentM
    Nov 22, 2008
    Didn't expect this to be good and I'm glad it proved me wrong. Great movie which I can see myself watching over and over. It's a comedy and it made me laugh. Enough said.
  23. BMartin
    Oct 30, 2008
    The Apatow factory keeps churning out great comedy. Seigel proves himself to be a gifted comedy scribe.
  24. DavidB
    Oct 12, 2008
    This is a funny, touching, romantic comedy. Many scenes are laugh out-load humorous. The performances were all well done. Rent it watch it with your lover.
  25. AnthonyS.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Very funny movie...that is all...haha.
  26. JayH.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Very entertaining comedy, the cast is terrific, especially Jason Segel. The characters are well developed, the writing is terrific. Enjoyable, well done.
  27. Ogest
    Jul 22, 2008
    It is a very good movie, funny and entertaining. It's better than average romance comedy. It's a must for Jason Segel fans.
  28. AndrewR.
    Jul 12, 2008
    One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile.
  29. MichalP.
    Jun 17, 2008
    I loved this movie. Definitely not something you want to think about, just sit back and enjoy the jokes.
  30. PaulF.
    May 27, 2008
    Just saw forgetting Sarah Marshall and without a doubt is the funniest movie of 2208. In fact it is even funnier than
  31. Anonymous
    May 25, 2008
    This movie is really great. Better than knocked up and 40 year old virgin. Not better than superbad.
  32. MelissaW
    May 23, 2008
    This movie had a lot of hysterical laugh-out-loud moments as well as some surprisingly honest and touching moments. The cast was great. And Paul Rudd was especially hysterical.
  33. DanK
    May 23, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious.
  34. JasonS.
    May 16, 2008
    I thought it incorporated the best ideas from the previous movies and I really enjoyed it. The entire cast was great.
  35. ChrisK.
    May 11, 2008
    Fun light hearted movie...silly? Yes. Raunchy? Yes. Funny? Yes good time with the wife when we wanted mindless entertainment
  36. RogerK.
    May 9, 2008
    The rock star and the evangelical Christian alone would justify the ticket cost. The eye-candy is not gratuitous, either. No plot, otherwise. It'll be a cult flick for decades.
  37. EricH
    May 7, 2008
    First of all, Apatow didn't direct or write this movie. Saying that this is the weakest of the Apatow movies is therefore a wee bit incorrect. This was a very good, heartfelt comedy that, when compared to the movies of the same cast, settles in nicely between Superbad and Knocked Up. Segel's great first screenplay and adequate performance on screen really make this movie shine. First of all, Apatow didn't direct or write this movie. Saying that this is the weakest of the Apatow movies is therefore a wee bit incorrect. This was a very good, heartfelt comedy that, when compared to the movies of the same cast, settles in nicely between Superbad and Knocked Up. Segel's great first screenplay and adequate performance on screen really make this movie shine. Brand's performance as the British sex god is possibly one of the funniest roles in any 'Apatow' movies thus far. Expand
  38. EC
    May 4, 2008
    THIS FILM WAS FUNNY! I would say, whilst it wasnt perhaps as good as previous offerings, there is more than enough to make you laugh. Its not going to win any oscars and there are some cliche'd character types ie token black guy phrases and christian newly weds, however there is plenty of variety in the comedy and a decent enough story. An easy watching, you-know-what-your-gonna get THIS FILM WAS FUNNY! I would say, whilst it wasnt perhaps as good as previous offerings, there is more than enough to make you laugh. Its not going to win any oscars and there are some cliche'd character types ie token black guy phrases and christian newly weds, however there is plenty of variety in the comedy and a decent enough story. An easy watching, you-know-what-your-gonna get entertaining film! Expand
  39. CoreyM.
    May 3, 2008
    Absolutely hysterical. If you're a movie snob, then why are seeing a comedy anyway? Cast is great, and this should be a breakout role for Mila Kunis.
  40. JenniferM.
    Apr 30, 2008
    I really loved this movie. Very entertaining. I laughed so hard at some parts. Well done.
  41. StevenH.
    Apr 26, 2008
    It was ok.
  42. JamesJ.
    Apr 26, 2008
    This movie was amazing, one of the best comedies, and romantic comedies I have ever seen. The writing was amazing, and the characters were all 3 dimensional and real. In my opinion, best Apatow movie yet, including Knocked Up.
  43. TrajT.
    Apr 25, 2008
    It was pretty funny -- not as good as "knocked up," but still entertaining.
  44. GilW.
    Apr 24, 2008
    This seems like a very good movie... It is funny and original.....
  45. LuisG.
    Apr 24, 2008
    Honestly the only reason i went to see this film was to support Kristen Bell aka VERONICA MARS and i was a little disappointed seeing her screen time cut short .. good to see her play a B**** .. the film offers the usual apatow crude humor and plenty of male frontal nudity .. it was funny not hilarious ....
  46. KatherineS.
    Apr 23, 2008
    This movie was soooo funny. I saw it twice and loved it both times!
  47. MarcusA.
    Apr 22, 2008
    It's not as good as Superbad, Knocked Up, or The 40-Year Old Virgin, but Judd Apatow rarely disapoints (Drillbit Taylor). This movie just proves that anyone Apatow touches, including Jason Segal.
  48. RobertM.
    Apr 22, 2008
    This movie is so friggin funny it's ridiculous! Hahaha - Like alotta the other reviewers, I've seen pretty much all the Judd Apatow comedy movies, but Forgetting Sarah Marshall is right up there. SO many funny moments where the theatre was laughing so long you miss lines, and tears were rolling down my cheeks. At one moment I had to cover my mouth so I would stop laughin so This movie is so friggin funny it's ridiculous! Hahaha - Like alotta the other reviewers, I've seen pretty much all the Judd Apatow comedy movies, but Forgetting Sarah Marshall is right up there. SO many funny moments where the theatre was laughing so long you miss lines, and tears were rolling down my cheeks. At one moment I had to cover my mouth so I would stop laughin so loud. I don't want to give away the funnier moments but let it be known that any review under an 8 is not giving it justice! GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Pretty sure you won't see another one this funny for at least 6 months (till the next one anyway) Expand
  49. ChadS.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Nudity, more often than not, is gratuitious. An eyeful. Eye-candy. Like Eva Green in Bernardo Bertolucci's "The Dreamers", for starters. She's Milky Way, all the way. Jason Siegel, on the other hand; he's a Milk Dud, a dude. Be forewarned: Siegel goes full-frontal in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but his full-monty ain't gratuitous. His state of nature; it's a Nudity, more often than not, is gratuitious. An eyeful. Eye-candy. Like Eva Green in Bernardo Bertolucci's "The Dreamers", for starters. She's Milky Way, all the way. Jason Siegel, on the other hand; he's a Milk Dud, a dude. Be forewarned: Siegel goes full-frontal in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but his full-monty ain't gratuitous. His state of nature; it's a metaphor, a writerly confession expressed in the biblical sense. Showing off your untamed body to the whole of North America, voluntarily(Siegel wrote it), differs from somebody else ordering you to strip for the voyuers in the dark. Although it may look like that Siegel's sharing his flaccid penis and ball sac for cheap laughs, in actuality, he's showing us his heart laid bare. His very soul. You'll get the sense that "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" must mean something to him. He lived through this. To the writer/star, deep down, he probably doesn't find this whole comedic enterprise funny at all. Proof, you say? Late in the film, Peter Bretter(Siegel) says(of his rock opera), "I didn't realize it was a comedy." To its creator, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is probably an act of catharsis. A confessional. And what a funny confession of self-loathing this scurrilous, but unexpectedly sweet comedy, turned out to be. Expand
  50. FrankS.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Excellent movie. The more I think about it the more I like it. I've always liked Jason Segel as an actor so it makes me very happy to see him getting recognition for his writing and acting skills. I almost died with laughter when he started singing the Dracula song in the club.
  51. JonathanK.
    Apr 20, 2008
    I wasn't a huge fan of Knocked Up, but I felt this movie was very funny in comparison. The dialogue was witty and the characters and situations seemed real. They didn't portray the anti-hero as an evil slime, but rather just a normal guy that you might actually know and like. I think it could have done without some of its full frontal male nudity.
  52. JenW.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time! There were no weak links in the cast, the writing was hilarious, and it never took itself too seriously. Conversely, it was not too outrageous that you couldnt believe this situation could happen. Jason Segal is on his way up, mark my words! How funny is this guy, not to mention he WROTE the freakin thing. That is unheard of these This is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time! There were no weak links in the cast, the writing was hilarious, and it never took itself too seriously. Conversely, it was not too outrageous that you couldnt believe this situation could happen. Jason Segal is on his way up, mark my words! How funny is this guy, not to mention he WROTE the freakin thing. That is unheard of these days. Kudos to the entire production! Expand
  53. JohnF.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Very funny movie with interesting characters. Similar humor to superbad. I laughed out load most of th movie.
  54. MattA.
    Apr 19, 2008
    A great movie overall. It was funny enough, while not reaching similar heights as some other rated R comedies, it had a bit of subtle humor that was much appreciated (Russell Brand). To me, each of the main characters came off as very likeable and interesting to watch. I was always looking forward to their chemistry together. Very Relatable,also, if you've ever been in a break-up A great movie overall. It was funny enough, while not reaching similar heights as some other rated R comedies, it had a bit of subtle humor that was much appreciated (Russell Brand). To me, each of the main characters came off as very likeable and interesting to watch. I was always looking forward to their chemistry together. Very Relatable,also, if you've ever been in a break-up like this situation. Expand
  55. SteveG.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Fantastically funny movie. If you can appreciate a steady stream of laughs and more than a handful of hysterical moments, and like your sex comedies leavened with a dose of Apatowian morality, this will hit the spot. *Cannot wait for Pineapple Express!!!*
  56. MattC.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Segal proves he can carry a comedy of this magnitude and the touching moments really add that touch that Apatow seems to bring to comedies that could easily be one note. Mila Kunis pulls a Katherine Heigl here, proving she too can play a romantic lead. It's a little long and there's a c-plot involving Jonah Hill I could have done without, but overall, I think it will stand the Segal proves he can carry a comedy of this magnitude and the touching moments really add that touch that Apatow seems to bring to comedies that could easily be one note. Mila Kunis pulls a Katherine Heigl here, proving she too can play a romantic lead. It's a little long and there's a c-plot involving Jonah Hill I could have done without, but overall, I think it will stand the test of time with the other Apatow favs. Expand
  57. AJF.
    Apr 19, 2008
    All i have to say is 6 to midnight. For anyone who has seen this movie, watchin and listening to some of the most clever lines were hilarious!!!! Also when life gives you lemons F@&k em!!
  58. WayneJ>
    Apr 19, 2008
    This movie was really funny. i loved knocked up and superbad. it seems every movie these guys put together is the only thing worth watching these days. very much recommended, this is a hilarious movie.
  59. Ryan
    Apr 18, 2008
    So flipping funny. Good laughs from start to finish.
  60. AlbertG.
    Apr 18, 2008
    F-ing hilarious really great movie!
  61. DonI.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Very sweet movie, great acting, a script with a little magic.
  62. MattB.
    Apr 18, 2008
    If you liked Superbad/Knocked Up, you'll love Sarah Marshall, period. It takes the best aspects of both movies and combines them into a new movie. Set mostly in Hawaii, Sarah Marshall keeps the atmosphere light, and the comedy heavy.
  63. KevinH.
    Apr 18, 2008
    [***(Minor) SPOILER***] I've been on the Judd Apatow train for awhile and rank he and his cohorts as the reigning Mel Brooks team for the new millenia. "Sarah" doesn't disappoint for his fans and brings some very agreeable new players into the fold. Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis break through the TV screen limitations and show they can carry the big screen - Kunis proves she can [***(Minor) SPOILER***] I've been on the Judd Apatow train for awhile and rank he and his cohorts as the reigning Mel Brooks team for the new millenia. "Sarah" doesn't disappoint for his fans and brings some very agreeable new players into the fold. Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis break through the TV screen limitations and show they can carry the big screen - Kunis proves she can actually act beyond what we've seen on That 70s Show... she should have been cast in a role like this a decade ago. Jason Segal, the movie's star and writer, proves an affable, sad sack chump. The real breakout star is the guy who plays the Brit rock'n roller. A great part very well enhanced by the actor. It's raunchy, sex-laden, hilarious and a great movie for adults and horny teens. Watch out for Jason's penis on numerous occasions and for the amazing puppet play that ends the film. If you like sharp gross-out filcks, go see it. Expand
  64. NathanF.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Loved the movie, the plot might be terrible. But, the characters and the humor are fresh and very funny.
  65. RockStrongo
    Apr 14, 2008
    It's no Superbad, but its got some solid laughs and a good story. With no real stars in this movie (sanz Mila Kunis I guess), it is a real pleasant surprise especially with no good comedies coming out within the past few months. I saw it for free at an advanced screening and I'm going to see it again this weekend if that tells you anything.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Solid rom com finds another Judd Apatow acolyte moving into the spotlight.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Segel makes an engaging impression throughout Forgetting Sarah Marshall, gamely making himself the butt of many jokes that involve Peter's non-macho proclivities.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    If Forgetting Sarah Marshall doesn't reach the inspired heights of "Knocked Up" or "Superbad," it runs a very respectable second.