7.5

1. Jun 30, 2011
    ABSOLUTELY amazing! So different from the other romantic comedies! It's very funny and the characters are really great! Mila Kunis is stunning as always! You'd better watch it, it's worth your time!
  2. Mar 9, 2011
    This won my "Best Movie of 2009." When it comes to funny movies, here is what I LOVE: incredibly smart humor about the stupid, mundane & ridiculous. I am baffled that only 75% of users like this movie.
  3. ChadS.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Nudity, more often than not, is gratuitious. An eyeful. Eye-candy. Like Eva Green in Bernardo Bertolucci's "The Dreamers", for starters. She's Milky Way, all the way. Jason Siegel, on the other hand; he's a Milk Dud, a dude. Be forewarned: Siegel goes full-frontal in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but his full-monty ain't gratuitous. His state of nature; it's a Nudity, more often than not, is gratuitious. An eyeful. Eye-candy. Like Eva Green in Bernardo Bertolucci's "The Dreamers", for starters. She's Milky Way, all the way. Jason Siegel, on the other hand; he's a Milk Dud, a dude. Be forewarned: Siegel goes full-frontal in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", but his full-monty ain't gratuitous. His state of nature; it's a metaphor, a writerly confession expressed in the biblical sense. Showing off your untamed body to the whole of North America, voluntarily(Siegel wrote it), differs from somebody else ordering you to strip for the voyuers in the dark. Although it may look like that Siegel's sharing his flaccid penis and ball sac for cheap laughs, in actuality, he's showing us his heart laid bare. His very soul. You'll get the sense that "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" must mean something to him. He lived through this. To the writer/star, deep down, he probably doesn't find this whole comedic enterprise funny at all. Proof, you say? Late in the film, Peter Bretter(Siegel) says(of his rock opera), "I didn't realize it was a comedy." To its creator, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is probably an act of catharsis. A confessional. And what a funny confession of self-loathing this scurrilous, but unexpectedly sweet comedy, turned out to be. Expand
  4. JasonS.
    May 16, 2008
    I thought it incorporated the best ideas from the previous movies and I really enjoyed it. The entire cast was great.
  5. DanK
    May 23, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious.
  6. MichalP.
    Jun 17, 2008
    I loved this movie. Definitely not something you want to think about, just sit back and enjoy the jokes.
  7. AndrewR.
    Jul 12, 2008
    One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile.
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    Really funny movie. Some stuff was kinda bizarre which just adds to the humor. I thought Segel did a terrific job and he had some very embarrassing parts!

Definitely worth a rental.
  9. May 22, 2011
    When musician Peter Bretter breaks up with his long time actress girlfriend Sarah Marshall he decides to take a rewarding trip to Hawaii to let loose and start over. When Peter learns that Sarah and her new boyfriend Aldous Snow are staying in Hawaii (at the same resort he is) things begin to get awkward for Peter and Sarah, but with the help of Rachel the hotel receptionist and differentWhen musician Peter Bretter breaks up with his long time actress girlfriend Sarah Marshall he decides to take a rewarding trip to Hawaii to let loose and start over. When Peter learns that Sarah and her new boyfriend Aldous Snow are staying in Hawaii (at the same resort he is) things begin to get awkward for Peter and Sarah, but with the help of Rachel the hotel receptionist and different island locals Peter may be able to get over his break up with Sarah before the end of the trip.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall has the Apatow Productions tag on it, and it looks and feels very similar to a lot of other Judd Apatow produced films. The storyline is a well established; it is a break centered story about two characters that were no longer meant to be together. Forgetting Sarah Marshall as a film does a good job of telling its stories, with a few great laughable scenes as well as some very emotional moments between Peter and Sarah

Written by How I Met Your Mother star Jason Segel, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a realistic spin on the romantic comedy genre. In most romantic comedies the couple is breaking up but it is strictly a result of one of the parties involved. With this film it is much more than that, we see during one of the many tense scenes between Peter and Sarah that they both had faults and there was stuff going on in their relationship that they both were unhappy with. It made the film feel that much more real and engaging simply because you realize that despite the fact you want to see Peter rebound and figure his life out, he is not perfect and could have tried a little harder at times. Jason Segel who both wrote and starred in the film, proves that he is more than just a great comedic actor, he is also an off the wall comedic writer. He proves that you can get rid of some of the old adages of a certain genre while keeping the core foundations of a good film to fit into said genre. Segel makes the dramatics of the break up in what is classified still as a romantic comedy. Segel also proves to have great chemistry with his cast mates, most notably, Mila Kunis. At times it may be a stretch to believe a romance can fully blossom over a week or so, but in this case it seemed legit. At first it was different between the two, she was the girl who worked at the hotel and did not want to see him sad or weeping anymore and so she hung out with him offered him companionship. The relationship between Peter and Rachel on screen is one that makes sense, despite the fact you know that the relationship may end up going a little faster than most. It is easy to believe in Jason Segel and Mila Kunis falling for each other on screen because it comes off as natural and charismatic between the two of them. None of their scenes seem forced or unbelievable, so kudos to both of them to making what has become a cliché of the rom com genre not so tedious and apocryphal.

Like most other comedies, Forgetting Sarah Marshall has that set of supporting characters that are far more memorable than any of the leads. Russell Brand is whacky and off the wall; his character of Aldous Snow is definitely memorable. Brand plays the self indulgent rock star perfectly; Snow is a man who tries to give people life advice when he really does not have a handle on his own life. Brand is good in the role, because he has that rock star image himself. Paul Rudd does a good job as Chuck the surfer dude, he has a very small part, but there are a few scenes involving him that are funny. However it was Jonah Hill as the awkward restaurant waiter that got a few good laughs. His awkward attempts to be recognized by some one of Aldous Snowâ
  10. Aug 29, 2012
    10 / 10 , and that's just Mila Kunis , the film is pretty good aswell ....................................................................
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    It is an absolutely perfect romantic comedy with a great script and some stellar comedic acting.
  12. Jan 9, 2014
    Anyone that's ever been heartbroken over a woman should watch this. It's such a great film with so many lovable characters and it'll leave you with a warm feeling inside. Loads of brilliant scenes and unforgettable quotes. All set on beautiful Hawaii as well, which makes the film seem even brighter and adds to the feel good factor. Not usually a fan of Russell Brand but his character inAnyone that's ever been heartbroken over a woman should watch this. It's such a great film with so many lovable characters and it'll leave you with a warm feeling inside. Loads of brilliant scenes and unforgettable quotes. All set on beautiful Hawaii as well, which makes the film seem even brighter and adds to the feel good factor. Not usually a fan of Russell Brand but his character in this is spot on and has some brilliant lines. A film for Apatow fans too, with the likes of Jonah Hill popping up. Loved every second of it. Expand
  13. NathanF.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Loved the movie, the plot might be terrible. But, the characters and the humor are fresh and very funny.
  14. MattB.
    Apr 18, 2008
    If you liked Superbad/Knocked Up, you'll love Sarah Marshall, period. It takes the best aspects of both movies and combines them into a new movie. Set mostly in Hawaii, Sarah Marshall keeps the atmosphere light, and the comedy heavy.
  15. AlbertG.
    Apr 18, 2008
    F-ing hilarious really great movie!
  16. Ryan
    Apr 18, 2008
    So flipping funny. Good laughs from start to finish.
  17. WayneJ>
    Apr 19, 2008
    This movie was really funny. i loved knocked up and superbad. it seems every movie these guys put together is the only thing worth watching these days. very much recommended, this is a hilarious movie.
  18. AJF.
    Apr 19, 2008
    All i have to say is 6 to midnight. For anyone who has seen this movie, watchin and listening to some of the most clever lines were hilarious!!!! Also when life gives you lemons F@&k em!!
  19. SteveG.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Fantastically funny movie. If you can appreciate a steady stream of laughs and more than a handful of hysterical moments, and like your sex comedies leavened with a dose of Apatowian morality, this will hit the spot. *Cannot wait for Pineapple Express!!!*
  20. JohnF.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Very funny movie with interesting characters. Similar humor to superbad. I laughed out load most of th movie.
  21. JenW.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time! There were no weak links in the cast, the writing was hilarious, and it never took itself too seriously. Conversely, it was not too outrageous that you couldnt believe this situation could happen. Jason Segal is on his way up, mark my words! How funny is this guy, not to mention he WROTE the freakin thing. That is unheard of these This is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time! There were no weak links in the cast, the writing was hilarious, and it never took itself too seriously. Conversely, it was not too outrageous that you couldnt believe this situation could happen. Jason Segal is on his way up, mark my words! How funny is this guy, not to mention he WROTE the freakin thing. That is unheard of these days. Kudos to the entire production! Expand
  22. FrankS.
    Apr 20, 2008
    Excellent movie. The more I think about it the more I like it. I've always liked Jason Segel as an actor so it makes me very happy to see him getting recognition for his writing and acting skills. I almost died with laughter when he started singing the Dracula song in the club.
  23. RobertM.
    Apr 22, 2008
    This movie is so friggin funny it's ridiculous! Hahaha - Like alotta the other reviewers, I've seen pretty much all the Judd Apatow comedy movies, but Forgetting Sarah Marshall is right up there. SO many funny moments where the theatre was laughing so long you miss lines, and tears were rolling down my cheeks. At one moment I had to cover my mouth so I would stop laughin so This movie is so friggin funny it's ridiculous! Hahaha - Like alotta the other reviewers, I've seen pretty much all the Judd Apatow comedy movies, but Forgetting Sarah Marshall is right up there. SO many funny moments where the theatre was laughing so long you miss lines, and tears were rolling down my cheeks. At one moment I had to cover my mouth so I would stop laughin so loud. I don't want to give away the funnier moments but let it be known that any review under an 8 is not giving it justice! GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Pretty sure you won't see another one this funny for at least 6 months (till the next one anyway) Expand
  24. KatherineS.
    Apr 23, 2008
    This movie was soooo funny. I saw it twice and loved it both times!
  25. JamesJ.
    Apr 26, 2008
    This movie was amazing, one of the best comedies, and romantic comedies I have ever seen. The writing was amazing, and the characters were all 3 dimensional and real. In my opinion, best Apatow movie yet, including Knocked Up.
  26. CoreyM.
    May 3, 2008
    Absolutely hysterical. If you're a movie snob, then why are seeing a comedy anyway? Cast is great, and this should be a breakout role for Mila Kunis.
  27. RogerK.
    May 9, 2008
    The rock star and the evangelical Christian alone would justify the ticket cost. The eye-candy is not gratuitous, either. No plot, otherwise. It'll be a cult flick for decades.
  28. MelissaW
    May 23, 2008
    This movie had a lot of hysterical laugh-out-loud moments as well as some surprisingly honest and touching moments. The cast was great. And Paul Rudd was especially hysterical.
  29. Anonymous
    May 25, 2008
    This movie is really great. Better than knocked up and 40 year old virgin. Not better than superbad.
  30. PaulF.
    May 27, 2008
    Just saw forgetting Sarah Marshall and without a doubt is the funniest movie of 2208. In fact it is even funnier than

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Solid rom com finds another Judd Apatow acolyte moving into the spotlight.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Segel makes an engaging impression throughout Forgetting Sarah Marshall, gamely making himself the butt of many jokes that involve Peter's non-macho proclivities.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    If Forgetting Sarah Marshall doesn't reach the inspired heights of "Knocked Up" or "Superbad," it runs a very respectable second.