8.7

1. Aug 17, 2010
    One of the most American movies ever made. A brilliant tale of the American Dream narrated by a simple man with simple pleasures. Hanks is at his stunning best here, and Zemeckis proved that he's more than just a technological wizard when it comes to making movies. A classic that deserves to be adored for decades to come.
  2. OviJ.
    May 27, 2006
    A beautiful movie...by far the best i've seen yet... historically accurate (at least in most places) and has a great ending..though sad Everyone should watch this movie and give credit to its actors...especially Tom Hanks.
  3. LeanneL.
    Apr 12, 2006
    I loved this movie i thought it was super funny and i liked even though he was slow and ppl made fun of him because of it he still knew how to ignore them and didnt let it bother him he went on with his life and thats how it should be but as a overall rating i liked the movie alot!
  4. Aug 4, 2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The perfect film, Tom Hanks at his finest.
  5. Jun 26, 2011
    One of the best movies of all time. A must-see. Tom Hanks is simply fantastic. Everyone must see this film once in their lives, it's a real masterpiece.
  6. HenrikL.
    Jan 11, 2006
    A great movie! Tom Hanks is an exellent actor and his performance as playing disabled is very good. As we go through Gump`s life, we also go trough modern American history!
  7. MohithK
    Oct 11, 2006
    Good narration of the movie and an in depth feeling brought about in each character. The characters playing around had also been perfectly synchronized with Gump's life like Lt. Dan Taylor, a wonderful acting performance by Tom and Dan.
  8. ShaneK.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Simply the best acting performance in the history of filmmaking.
  9. RaikL.
    Sep 25, 2006
    great great great, in English even more than in German.
  10. DerekM.
    May 28, 2007
    This captivating look at some of the most profound modern American history and pop-culture demonstrates a true storytelling experience, and expresses the idea that any one man can have a great impact on the world without the knowledge of doing so, and that intelligence is not a lack of wisdom, or of character, and if possible, the child-like innocence captured by Gump's obvious This captivating look at some of the most profound modern American history and pop-culture demonstrates a true storytelling experience, and expresses the idea that any one man can have a great impact on the world without the knowledge of doing so, and that intelligence is not a lack of wisdom, or of character, and if possible, the child-like innocence captured by Gump's obvious handicaps make him more of a compassionate and loving human being than any lying and big-headed member of society gifted with intelligence. Expand
  11. PaulL.
    Aug 13, 2008
    What a magical movie through the eyes of Forrest Gump. This is a phenomenon of a simple man who changed the world forever.
  12. nandishh
    Sep 13, 2009
    One Of The Greatest Movie and Greatest Book Adaptation ever. Certainly among the Top5 films of the past 2 decades.
  13. Large
    Nov 27, 2006
    Best movie I have seen. Tom Hanks does excellent job as an actor, but the best part of this movie is the way of telling the story. In addition the whole story tells something about the history of USA. This movie has everything.
  14. Juli
    Oct 13, 2006
    It's the best movie I have ever seen!!!!
  15. BitBurn
    Dec 25, 2006
    Any movie that has a deep effect on society...."run Forrest Run!" and "Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you gonna get!" deserves a perfect score!
  16. EmilyE.
    Jan 31, 2006
    This was one of the best movies i have ever seen in my whole life. I laughed, i cried, i was angry i really had real emotions during this movie one of the greatest movies that have ever made.
  17. BenS.
    May 18, 2006
    I love Tom Hanks as he is realy fit and reminds me of myself!
  18. Katherine
    Jul 24, 2006
    One of the greatest films Tom Hanks has done. I love the humore, the sadnest, the happinest. When it's sad, you can feel the pain that Forrest goes through. Or atleast I can. I always cry whenever someone dies. I can really feel his pain. A really great movie that everyone should see.
  19. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    It's the story of a man who lived an epic life and didn't even realize it. One of the most original and truly worthwhile films in Hollywood history. A must see for film buffs.
  20. Justin
    Aug 21, 2006
    This is an absolutely incredible movie. Every element of it is well done and it illustrates better than anything I've seen the American experience that we all can relate to. All around, it's the best movie I've seen.
  21. JaredB.
    Jan 29, 2007
    I can still remember sitting in the theater, watching this film. I was completely blown away by it. My reaction is still the same 13 years later. Tom Hanks gives a great performance as Forrest. However, my favorite character was Mama Gump, played perfectly by Sally Field. In my opinion, she should have won an Oscar for best actress. If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it.
  22. MichaelJ
    Apr 29, 2009
    Stunning in every way imaginable.
  23. AhmedT
    May 14, 2009
    One of the best movies Ever.
  24. ArielleF.
    May 23, 2009
    One of my favorite movies of all time. It's worth buying on DVD, no doubt about it!
  25. louisd
    Jun 23, 2009
    Forest gump is one of those films which even today is not dated and will never be. Tom hanks unlike Tom cruise can actually act in every way. I've seen this film many times and i love it. Like Forest this film will run and run into history as one of the greatest films ever made period.
  26. Ben
    Aug 19, 2008
    Probably the best movie I have ever seen in my life, and definitely my favorite movie of all time. Tom Hanks does an incredible job as Forrest Gump, definitely a buy for me!
  27. ShawnR
    Jan 22, 2009
    Absolutely one of the greatest films ever made! It's a movie about life and emotions we all go through at one time or another in life. Anyone who doesn't like the film is an OVER analytical moron missing the fun things in life... this movie being one of them.
  28. JayT
    Apr 17, 2009
    Definitely one of the best movies out there. And about the part where some slow guy just happens to have one of the most successful life isn't a bad thing: it adds to the fun!
  29. JackK
    Apr 23, 2009
    3 words. Awesome, Outstanding and unforgettable.
  30. aj
    Nov 28, 2005
    One of the best movies i have ever seen. I like the way they mix historical events with comedy. Tom Hanks puts on an amazing performance as Forrest Gump.
  31. RyGuy
    Nov 16, 2006
    Quite possible one of the best movies ever made! A feel good movie with character. A movie like this only comes once a lifetime.
  32. BorisP
    Nov 28, 2006
    What I enjoy most about this film is the theme of "creating your own destiny vs. fate." Because Forrest is kind of floating around on a whim the whole time- but is it because that's what he was destined to do? Or did it all just kind of fall into his lap?
  33. Feb 23, 2011
    This is one of the few non-summer blockbusters that I love. Tom Hanks did an incredible job here. And this movie definitely deserved its Oscar for Best Picture.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    This film is amazing. Tom Hanks was great in it and played the role perfectly. I think it also did a funny re-telling of some historical events. You cant help but love this film.
  35. May 29, 2011
    Beautiful, charming, a ironic and fantastic story told with big passion, a script which verge the surreal, but does the retract of a charismatic character, a anti-hero with charisma of a hero, a story which bring us to get enamored by the meter of the story. And the soundtrack? Damn straight, really flawless! A movie with Doors' music in the soundtrack already deserves my respect, and plusBeautiful, charming, a ironic and fantastic story told with big passion, a script which verge the surreal, but does the retract of a charismatic character, a anti-hero with charisma of a hero, a story which bring us to get enamored by the meter of the story. And the soundtrack? Damn straight, really flawless! A movie with Doors' music in the soundtrack already deserves my respect, and plus more than one, really impressive. Tom Hanks, really, embodies the character so exceptional! Very well directed too, might say in passing. I can't believe that I took so long to watch this film. I didn't know what I was losing. This movie is one of those which makes me remember why do I love so much movies. Expand
  36. Aug 2, 2011
    For me this movie is just Tom Hanks. The story is there and it is fine, but everything depended on the 1st role actor. I hear often that is is easy for an actor to play an imbecil but I sure doubt that anyone could play it as well as Hanks. At first I did not find the character believable. It seemed to have Hanks in the wrong flick. After like 15minutes of dubbing I found myself totallyFor me this movie is just Tom Hanks. The story is there and it is fine, but everything depended on the 1st role actor. I hear often that is is easy for an actor to play an imbecil but I sure doubt that anyone could play it as well as Hanks. At first I did not find the character believable. It seemed to have Hanks in the wrong flick. After like 15minutes of dubbing I found myself totally submerged in the story. A young, stupid boy who somehow managed to live his life with honor and without hurting anyone else. Everything thanks to his mother who loved him so much. This movie sneaks up on us like we never seen it and a simple little chain of events becomes a huge story of a man and life and what it is all about. Serious, funny and dramatic at the same time. Expand
  37. Aug 27, 2011
    If you've seen THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON (a life story made 14 years after this movie), think of that, then add some humor. I still don't see why this would win Best Picture, though...
  38. Aug 28, 2011
    Tom Hanks Delivered the best performance of his career by portrying Forrest Gump. The idea of the movie was just amazing. "Run Forrest Run", this film was so inspirational, when I watched i couldn't believe it, I mean Forrest never stopped, we always had to do something, and he chased for things, he wasn't waiting for them to fall off the sky, so for me that was special. The RelationshipTom Hanks Delivered the best performance of his career by portrying Forrest Gump. The idea of the movie was just amazing. "Run Forrest Run", this film was so inspirational, when I watched i couldn't believe it, I mean Forrest never stopped, we always had to do something, and he chased for things, he wasn't waiting for them to fall off the sky, so for me that was special. The Relationship of Forrest & Jenny, and they encounters after years and stuff like that gave a original flavour to the whole movie. The Directing was awesome, this was truly the best film that Robert Zemeckis ever made. Expand
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    This film has everything, love, conflict, drama, humor, unforgettable characters, an amazing script, revolutionary effects, funny moments, touching moments, values, teachings, Robert Zemeckis spectacular address the outstanding performance of Tom Hanks, was a overwhelming box office success, won the Oscar for Best Picture, is in Congress, is loved by millions of people around the world,This film has everything, love, conflict, drama, humor, unforgettable characters, an amazing script, revolutionary effects, funny moments, touching moments, values, teachings, Robert Zemeckis spectacular address the outstanding performance of Tom Hanks, was a overwhelming box office success, won the Oscar for Best Picture, is in Congress, is loved by millions of people around the world, what more could you want. Expand
  40. Dec 15, 2011
    Its a great film, While there maybe a few parts that annoy you or make you lose interest, Its still worth the watch. Tom Hanks is amazing in this film.
  41. Dec 26, 2012
    A hilarious and touching comedy and one of the greatest films of all time. Forrest Gump is the kind of movie that you simply can not miss. It's a must watch.
  42. Feb 5, 2012
    You can reach everything if you only want to!
    Emotional and funny at the same time. A Masterpiece in movie history that no one should miss to watch. 10/10 Points!
  43. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this movie.
    No No, this is not movie; this is life and love... and stupid :D
    this movie brougth my tears :(
    I love you Forrest, Forrest Gump!
    a beautiful beginning, and end the tragic and very beautiful.
    the best movie for all times...
    if you did not see it, See it!

"Mama says: Stupid is as stupid does."
  44. Feb 24, 2013
    A beautiful movie. Loved every single character in the movie and it gets real emotional as you progress through the movie. I could re-watch it infinite times and still shred a few tears and enjoy it.
  45. Jun 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is really meaningful! It has all the american history of 20th century in it! For me it was more comedy. But trust me, "Forrest Gump" could be a lot better! Why that girl broke up with him 4 times? Why during his speech about the war in Vietnam, some guy plugged out the cables? I thought he realized something and was going to say a great speech, when he turned around after he ran million miles! And my biggest question is why this movie has won 6 oscars? I think it's a good movie, but i really believe it's overrated and if you're wondering to watch it or not, let me warn you. This movie is philosophical! "Forrest Gump" is really smart movie, but my personal score is 5/10, because i wasn't impressed from what i saw. Expand
  46. Mar 24, 2013
    This charming and wondrous film is hilarious and at the same time, touching. Exceptional cast.
  47. Oct 11, 2014
    It's pretty disrespectful that when this Best Picture was released in theaters recently; critics chose hate on it and put it down to 71% good reviews. No way is Forrest Gump a bad movie. It's a classic about just being yourself and how your actions make you stupid; not the size of your IQ.
  48. DanicaG.
    Jan 13, 2008
    One of my favorite movies of all time! What an amazing story that is told which displays all of the joys, pains, and victories that Forrest's character has encountered throughout his life. What a beautiful story, one that I can watch over and over again. You really feel connected with Forrest's character.
  49. RossO.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Has every element of a perfect film. Even Hitler would have melted at this.
  50. PierreC.
    Dec 3, 2007
    When I rate a movie, I try to imagine the best possible scenario for that movie. Everything from the acting (e.g. Tom Hanks) to the cinematography was spectacular. I could honestly not imagine it done differently. It's an inspirational and captivating film that everyone should watch in their lifetime. Pure gold!
  51. Alex
    Jun 1, 2008
    One of, if not the most inspiring movie I have ever seen. Has everything you could ask for from a film and more.
  52. MikeJ.
    Dec 17, 2007
    I think that the people who dont like this movie arent really watching it like they should be. this movie brings together so much of what makes America, America. we have liberals and conservatives, good and bad, black and white, innocents and guilt, and that is what makes us who we are. by seeing our world through these views we find out who we are and what we believe in. so, if you I think that the people who dont like this movie arent really watching it like they should be. this movie brings together so much of what makes America, America. we have liberals and conservatives, good and bad, black and white, innocents and guilt, and that is what makes us who we are. by seeing our world through these views we find out who we are and what we believe in. so, if you don't like this movie, try watching it one more time and look for a deeper meaning. Expand
  53. Edgar
    Sep 22, 2007
    its a really cool movie very entertaining, Forrest is a cool guy and the lieutenant Dan gives a fun touch to the movie
  54. AlmasI.
    Aug 22, 2007
    This movie is amazing. I want to watch it again and again. One of the best movies what a mankind ever done.
  55. Dec 27, 2011
    People often mistake nostalgia for sentimentality, as is the case with Forrest Gump, which exudes nostalgia. It is also easy for the cynic to scoff at the manipulative innocence of such a character as Forrest Gump. However, its effectiveness is undeniable. Forrest overturns every cornerstone in modern American history and allows us to rediscover what a wonder it was to live in 20thPeople often mistake nostalgia for sentimentality, as is the case with Forrest Gump, which exudes nostalgia. It is also easy for the cynic to scoff at the manipulative innocence of such a character as Forrest Gump. However, its effectiveness is undeniable. Forrest overturns every cornerstone in modern American history and allows us to rediscover what a wonder it was to live in 20th century America. All the while, Forrest takes no sides, judges no one, and holds no grudges. Of course, this does not make him a saint, because he appears to not have the mental capacity for such actions. Consequentially, he only has the capacity to see things in terms of those he loves rather than those he hates. Ideologically, he is a simpleton, but can anyone argue with the tangible results? Half of the comedic irony lies in the fact the he survives and lives to tell his story, with no regrets, despite being "slow". The films power lies in notions of right and wrong. In that regard, Forrest is a reflection of those he loves, namely Jenny and his Momma, and they are the ones who influence him. Because those who influence him are benevolent, he turns out to be what we all wish we could be; a lover rather than a hater, candidly honest rather than a liar, all the time. It's tough to imagine a world where everyone always chooses the alternative to malevolent hatred and deception. Whether out of pure righteousness, or because his "Momma" told him, Forrest gives us a glimpse of at least a microcosm of that world through his actions, and it is an experience I will never forget. Expand
  56. StefanH.
    Mar 8, 2006
    Just the very best movie ever made, apart from "The Godfather". Everybody rating it below 10 is not capable of understanding this movie.
  57. AnshuR.
    Oct 28, 2007
    it will be a sin to vote this movie any less than 10. Forrest Gump is a character any man on this earth can relate to. its a masterpiece of mankind's creation. there is not a single moment you will feel that you want to have a break while watching the movie. its filled with emotions, stupidity with humor and it touches the viewer's souls.
  58. CassieT.
    Jul 9, 2007
    A great film. Forrest Gump's childlike attitude all through life is refreshing and funny 10/10 all the way
  59. bananasquare
    Jul 10, 2008
    Tom hanks has performed unspeakably well!
  60. Sep 5, 2011
    It is very easy to understand that I haven't read the novel in which this film was based on, but that doesn't take away anything about how much I liked this film.

I liked the whole story about Forrest Gump's life as it revolves around him and his personalities which makes it one of the best ones yet. I'm telling you, this film is not only one of the finest movies ever made, but one of

I'm telling you, this film is not only one of the finest movies ever made, but one of the greatest masterpieces of all time with great comedy, a very nice concept, amazing emotional sad moments, good development, and Tom Hanks' wonderful performance. Thumbs up from me.

61. Jan 23, 2011
    Great movie in every way from the actors to the story and the meaning behind the whole thing... A movie deffenatly worth watching if you havent yet...
  62. SkR
    Oct 30, 2004
    So mind-numbing, it's a travesty this film recieved the kind of adoration it did, and still does. The idea that great things are accomplished purely by chance, with no relationship to human will is horrific. Running away will bring you glory, you can escape Vietnam with nary a scrape, mental or physical, hippie boyfriend's are violent mysoginists. The film's lesson? Life So mind-numbing, it's a travesty this film recieved the kind of adoration it did, and still does. The idea that great things are accomplished purely by chance, with no relationship to human will is horrific. Running away will bring you glory, you can escape Vietnam with nary a scrape, mental or physical, hippie boyfriend's are violent mysoginists. The film's lesson? Life teaches us nothing and you can achieve anything you want by doing and saying nothing because your luck and total ignorance to reality will get you by. What kind of crap is this? Expand
  63. ToniC
    Oct 12, 2005
    This movie is so good that I nearly know the whole movie, and its only good movies that I ever remember.
  64. Aug 24, 2010
    Weird bloke at a bus stop relays his story to other people waiting by a series of flashbacks.
    Very tongue-in-cheek piss take of American history & goes for the sentimental jugular throughout the film.
    Tom Hanks & Robin Wright are good & the soundtrack is decent despite being a bit obvious. Also seems like Gump has a bit of curse with him as most people he meets tend to die! And surely the
    And surely the worst John Lennon impression ever!
  65. Oct 3, 2011
    You will cry tears of sadness. Tears of depression. Tears of hope. Tears of joy. Tears of optimism.. you will cry every possible way your tear ducts can cause, can make, and will do... God bless you Gump.. you lovable idiot..
  66. Nov 9, 2012
    One of the most heartfelt, warm spirited, and touching American movies ever made.
  67. Dec 25, 2011
    Wouldn't it have been better if Forrest had been shot to death in Vietnam? Too many good things happen to this righteous character. For those of us cynical and in need of any intensity, it's too hard on the brain to see this nitwit who you know nothing bad is going to happen to him, just the way more interesting characters around him.
  68. Aug 25, 2011
    A thought crossed my mind many years after viewing this picture: Forrest Gump cannot succeed as a sentimental message picture, because it's message is irresponsible. It is a message of ignorance through bliss, the idea that life would be inherently easier without our pesky brains and ideas. Hanks plays his role as best he could, but the film mistakes a remarkably sad existence for a happy one.
  69. ButteredPopcorn
    Nov 1, 2002
    Who needs standardized tests. If you liked this movie, you're a moron.
  70. JerryS.
    Jul 1, 2004
    This is unvarnish garbage. The original book was laugh-out-loud funny and had not a breath of sentimentality. How a good story got made into this pap, I'll never know. One telling example: Forrest's "tag line" in the book is "bein' an idiot's no box of chocolates." He was also a hulking giant who had the unfortunate habit of beating the hell out of people that hassled This is unvarnish garbage. The original book was laugh-out-loud funny and had not a breath of sentimentality. How a good story got made into this pap, I'll never know. One telling example: Forrest's "tag line" in the book is "bein' an idiot's no box of chocolates." He was also a hulking giant who had the unfortunate habit of beating the hell out of people that hassled his friends and family. There's not the slightest resemblance to the weakling, saccharine sweet pustle with which Tom "I'm a serious acteur" Hanks subjects the viewer. Expand
  71. Oct 5, 2014
    Stupid saccharine coated fantasy drivel that makes morons root for somebody less fortunate. This movie is literally for retards only! The charm and innocence of the main character sends the wrong message about the bliss of ignorance. Typical Hollywood **** that takes people away from the reality they have to live in.
  72. MaxO.
    May 30, 2007
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. Pretentious, melodramatic, overly-sentimental, and manipulative. An obvious Oscar/credibility bid. It makes me weep that so many people have fallen for it.
  73. MattC.
    Oct 6, 2005
    Can it be more overrated? Hanks lays up his performance as a dolt. When will people learn that playing a simpleton or disabled person is not always cause for accolades?
  74. Mar 12, 2012
    I hate this movie with all my life.
  75. MattF.
    May 21, 2008
    This was an awful, ignorant, simpleminded movie. Tom Hanks delivered his least nuanced and one-note performance to date, and he won the Oscar! What a disgrace. This is a terrible film whose message is to conform; black panthers and hippies are evil. I hate this corny film.
  76. AmyB.
    Sep 15, 2007
    I have now seen the majority of this movie 4 times. The first time was in the movie theater. I absolutely hated it - as did my date. HURRAY!!! The second time a liked it a little bit better, but the third and fourth time I went back to my thoughts. It is the predecessor for so many movies that take aim at certain things I think should be left alone. Sure, I'm old fashioned. But proud of it.
  77. Nov 5, 2013
    The worst film ever made. How could it be consider better then "The Shawshank Redemption" No sense at all. How could it be better then Pulp Fiction No, not at all. I prefer "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" then "Forest Dumb"!
  78. thewiseking
    Feb 6, 2006
    perhaps the worst film ever made. never before in the history of cinema has anything this mawkish, pretentious stupid, and manipulative ever been foisted upon us. there is not one single thing in this film which isn't false. it is so outrageously derivative and obviously manipulative that i honestly was hoping, praying, that they were kidding. alas, they were not. this should be perhaps the worst film ever made. never before in the history of cinema has anything this mawkish, pretentious stupid, and manipulative ever been foisted upon us. there is not one single thing in this film which isn't false. it is so outrageously derivative and obviously manipulative that i honestly was hoping, praying, that they were kidding. alas, they were not. this should be preserved, and shown in film schools as an example of "movie making by committee" and as an indictment of the boomer generation and how they destroyed american film. Expand
  79. YoonMinC.
    Sep 27, 2003
    More appropriately this ought to be called Forrest Dump. It's a human dog movie where we just can't stand to see Gumpy get hurt and so he doesn't. He spreads love and devotion, and everyone--from patriotic, disabled soldier to ex-hippie chick--just can't resist his good nature and learn oh so much from his chocolately wisdom. This brain candy will leave your cranium More appropriately this ought to be called Forrest Dump. It's a human dog movie where we just can't stand to see Gumpy get hurt and so he doesn't. He spreads love and devotion, and everyone--from patriotic, disabled soldier to ex-hippie chick--just can't resist his good nature and learn oh so much from his chocolately wisdom. This brain candy will leave your cranium hollow. A movie for neo-liberals and neo-cons, for all the toothless gutless middle-of-the-roaders who may read this movie any way they want. How many movies do you know that has been so eagerly hogged by liberals and Pat Buchanan alike? Compare this to It's a Wonderful Life where an intelligent man has everything go wrong and has to face the dark night of the human soul, and it shows what a totally manipulative pile of caca this is. The happy ending in It's a Wonderful Life is earned thru agony and pain whereas the neverending happy events in Gump simply come his way because God loves and rewards good people. Right? Expand
  80. J.RyanG.
    May 29, 2005
    One of the most aggravating things about "Forrest Gump" is how safe it is. It only goes to risky places in a way that anyone would find acceptable. For instance, it doesn't specifically name "AIDS" in the final scenes, and in one scene it uses the slur "coon" rather than the N word. "Forrest Gump" is, finally, an exercise in sugarcoating: It covers as much territory as possible in One of the most aggravating things about "Forrest Gump" is how safe it is. It only goes to risky places in a way that anyone would find acceptable. For instance, it doesn't specifically name "AIDS" in the final scenes, and in one scene it uses the slur "coon" rather than the N word. "Forrest Gump" is, finally, an exercise in sugarcoating: It covers as much territory as possible in twentieth-century American history with the express purpose of being charming and unoffensive. (Finally, the seemingless pointless running sequences towards the end of the movie have purpose--as a symbol for the film's pointless adventures in decency.) This movie says that all the bad, the good, and even the totally neutral (remember the happy face shirts) could have been committed by someone completely good-hearted and innocent rather than by people with complex character. Shame! Expand
  81. JoshuaR.
    Oct 3, 2003
    I think that this was a funny movie, and yet sentimental. I think that it was overall a well written and acted movie.
  82. MuhammadS.
    Jan 10, 2005
    My all time favourite movie "forrest gump"... even as good as "dances with wolves" or other master pieces. This is the movie you can't watch every month or so. I did love it. Great Job.
  83. RosieK.
    Jun 29, 2002
    I absolutely adored this film. It's very touching, and the makers of this film worked quite diligently for this film to prosper. A must-see film for the entire family.
  84. KristijanA.
    Aug 16, 2002
    INCREDIBLE!!!
  85. FranciscoQ.
  86. FranciscoQ.
  87. HansA.
    May 4, 2004
    It's 10 years old now, but still the best movie ever.
  88. MuhammadM.
    Sep 10, 2004
    Everlasting Classic!
  89. andy
    Jul 7, 2005
    Brilliant touched me in so many ways !
  90. MichaelF.
    Nov 5, 2001
    This is without a doubt a fantastic film, but it shouldn't have won best picture ("Shawshank" should've).
  91. PhillM.
    Jun 27, 2002
    Mean best eva, watch it every day.
  92. Kathleen
    Jul 6, 2002
    Excellent portrayal of the times. Every emotion is represented.
  93. Grayman
    Sep 2, 2002
    Yesterday, I watched the movie again. I think it is the 7th time (or 8th). And everytime I notice something new. It is a masterpiece.
  94. Patlock
    Oct 10, 2003
    this movie is the best movie ever made. anyone that thinks otherwise can fight me because i will kick their dumb ass into oblivion.
  95. FranciscoQ.
  96. Jennifer
    Mar 16, 2003
    This is the best movie ever. I think it should be given a 100 by the critics. The movie was amazing, and it will remain my favorite movie for a long time. I can imitate Forrest and Jenny. I love this movie!
  97. ChristianJ.
    Jul 9, 2003
    One of my favs. Excellent actors and a very good story told in this movie. Makes you feel really good and makes you think a little about what's important in life.
  98. RabA.
    Aug 15, 2003
    My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. Wonderful.
  99. MattL.
    Jan 28, 2005
    Most people just view this film as a comedy about a mentally challenged person. I think it's a story about human life and how to take a hold of it. Everyone around him thought they had a "destiny" to achieve something only to watch their ambitions disappear and bitterness sets in. Only Forrest sees life for the way it should be seen. To live everyday to its fullest without expecting Most people just view this film as a comedy about a mentally challenged person. I think it's a story about human life and how to take a hold of it. Everyone around him thought they had a "destiny" to achieve something only to watch their ambitions disappear and bitterness sets in. Only Forrest sees life for the way it should be seen. To live everyday to its fullest without expecting anything from it other than the work you put into it. It's a redemption story for Lt. Dan and Jenny who thought they deserved better than what they got, all thanks to Forrest who helped them see life for it's beauty and spontaneousness (life is like a box of chocolates). Expand

Zemeckis, an undisputed master of film technology, shows off an equal aptitude for vivid storytelling.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Manages the difficult feat of being an intimate, even delicate tale played with an appealingly light touch against an epic backdrop.
  3. It's most successful when it is being off-center, a state of grace it doesn't quite have the nerve to maintain. [6 July 1994, Calendar, p. F-1]