Paramount Pictures | Release Date: July 6, 1994
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 1115 Ratings
Watch Now
nboley08Aug 17, 2010
One of the most American movies ever made. A brilliant tale of the American Dream narrated by a simple man with simple pleasures. Hanks is at his stunning best here, and Zemeckis proved that he's more than just a technological wizard when itOne of the most American movies ever made. A brilliant tale of the American Dream narrated by a simple man with simple pleasures. Hanks is at his stunning best here, and Zemeckis proved that he's more than just a technological wizard when it comes to making movies. A classic that deserves to be adored for decades to come. Expand
OviJ.May 27, 2006
A beautiful movie...by far the best i've seen yet... historically accurate (at least in most places) and has a great ending..though sad Everyone should watch this movie and give credit to its actors...especially Tom Hanks.
2 of 2 users found this helpful
LeanneL.Apr 12, 2006
I loved this movie i thought it was super funny and i liked even though he was slow and ppl made fun of him because of it he still knew how to ignore them and didnt let it bother him he went on with his life and thats how it should be but as I loved this movie i thought it was super funny and i liked even though he was slow and ppl made fun of him because of it he still knew how to ignore them and didnt let it bother him he went on with his life and thats how it should be but as a overall rating i liked the movie alot! Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
One_SIC_Ma666otAug 4, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The perfect film, Tom Hanks at his finest. Expand
BinkiJun 26, 2011
One of the best movies of all time. A must-see. Tom Hanks is simply fantastic. Everyone must see this film once in their lives, it's a real masterpiece.
HenrikL.Jan 11, 2006
A great movie! Tom Hanks is an exellent actor and his performance as playing disabled is very good. As we go through Gump`s life, we also go trough modern American history!
MohithKOct 11, 2006
Good narration of the movie and an in depth feeling brought about in each character. The characters playing around had also been perfectly synchronized with Gump's life like Lt. Dan Taylor, a wonderful acting performance by Tom and Dan.
ShaneK.Aug 3, 2006
Simply the best acting performance in the history of filmmaking.
RaikL.Sep 25, 2006
great great great, in English even more than in German.
DerekM.May 28, 2007
This captivating look at some of the most profound modern American history and pop-culture demonstrates a true storytelling experience, and expresses the idea that any one man can have a great impact on the world without the knowledge of This captivating look at some of the most profound modern American history and pop-culture demonstrates a true storytelling experience, and expresses the idea that any one man can have a great impact on the world without the knowledge of doing so, and that intelligence is not a lack of wisdom, or of character, and if possible, the child-like innocence captured by Gump's obvious handicaps make him more of a compassionate and loving human being than any lying and big-headed member of society gifted with intelligence. Expand
PaulL.Aug 13, 2008
What a magical movie through the eyes of Forrest Gump. This is a phenomenon of a simple man who changed the world forever.
nandishhSep 13, 2009
One Of The Greatest Movie and Greatest Book Adaptation ever. Certainly among the Top5 films of the past 2 decades.
LargeNov 27, 2006
Best movie I have seen. Tom Hanks does excellent job as an actor, but the best part of this movie is the way of telling the story. In addition the whole story tells something about the history of USA. This movie has everything.
JuliOct 13, 2006
It's the best movie I have ever seen!!!!
BitBurnDec 25, 2006
Any movie that has a deep effect on society...."run Forrest Run!" and "Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you gonna get!" deserves a perfect score!
EmilyE.Jan 31, 2006
This was one of the best movies i have ever seen in my whole life. I laughed, i cried, i was angry i really had real emotions during this movie one of the greatest movies that have ever made.
BenS.May 18, 2006
I love Tom Hanks as he is realy fit and reminds me of myself!
KatherineJul 24, 2006
One of the greatest films Tom Hanks has done. I love the humore, the sadnest, the happinest. When it's sad, you can feel the pain that Forrest goes through. Or atleast I can. I always cry whenever someone dies. I can really feel his One of the greatest films Tom Hanks has done. I love the humore, the sadnest, the happinest. When it's sad, you can feel the pain that Forrest goes through. Or atleast I can. I always cry whenever someone dies. I can really feel his pain. A really great movie that everyone should see. Expand
JBAug 11, 2006
It's the story of a man who lived an epic life and didn't even realize it. One of the most original and truly worthwhile films in Hollywood history. A must see for film buffs.
JustinAug 21, 2006
This is an absolutely incredible movie. Every element of it is well done and it illustrates better than anything I've seen the American experience that we all can relate to. All around, it's the best movie I've seen.
JaredB.Jan 29, 2007
I can still remember sitting in the theater, watching this film. I was completely blown away by it. My reaction is still the same 13 years later. Tom Hanks gives a great performance as Forrest. However, my favorite character was Mama Gump, I can still remember sitting in the theater, watching this film. I was completely blown away by it. My reaction is still the same 13 years later. Tom Hanks gives a great performance as Forrest. However, my favorite character was Mama Gump, played perfectly by Sally Field. In my opinion, she should have won an Oscar for best actress. If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it. Expand
MichaelJApr 29, 2009
Stunning in every way imaginable.
AhmedTMay 14, 2009
One of the best movies Ever.
ArielleF.May 23, 2009
One of my favorite movies of all time. It's worth buying on DVD, no doubt about it!
louisdJun 23, 2009
Forest gump is one of those films which even today is not dated and will never be. Tom hanks unlike Tom cruise can actually act in every way. I've seen this film many times and i love it. Like Forest this film will run and run into Forest gump is one of those films which even today is not dated and will never be. Tom hanks unlike Tom cruise can actually act in every way. I've seen this film many times and i love it. Like Forest this film will run and run into history as one of the greatest films ever made period. Expand
BenAug 19, 2008
Probably the best movie I have ever seen in my life, and definitely my favorite movie of all time. Tom Hanks does an incredible job as Forrest Gump, definitely a buy for me!
ShawnRJan 22, 2009
Absolutely one of the greatest films ever made! It's a movie about life and emotions we all go through at one time or another in life. Anyone who doesn't like the film is an OVER analytical moron missing the fun things in life... Absolutely one of the greatest films ever made! It's a movie about life and emotions we all go through at one time or another in life. Anyone who doesn't like the film is an OVER analytical moron missing the fun things in life... this movie being one of them. Expand
JayTApr 17, 2009
Definitely one of the best movies out there. And about the part where some slow guy just happens to have one of the most successful life isn't a bad thing: it adds to the fun!
JackKApr 23, 2009
3 words. Awesome, Outstanding and unforgettable.
ajNov 28, 2005
One of the best movies i have ever seen. I like the way they mix historical events with comedy. Tom Hanks puts on an amazing performance as Forrest Gump.